1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 3 of 4

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
ishtiaq

JAPAN
Posted - Monday, November 15, 2004  -  2:08 AM Reply with quote
* This life is a test. We should try to secure as high marks as possible. We certainly need some guidance for this this, which is Quran and Hadith etc.

* Considering all possible means of entertainment, what percentage does video entertainment make? It should not be hard to further reduce this to zero for the sake of God. If however, some time in future, we see a change and women find a respectable place to work in entertainment industry without violating Islamic teachings, then why not? In current circumstances, I do not support the idea of women working in movies etc.
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 15, 2004  -  7:34 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Religious injunctions if followed out of moral pressure, whether internal or external, leads to repression, suffocation and maladies associated with it. It may lead one to abandon one's faith.
One must follow what is right, to the best of one's abilities. Not to the best of someone else's abilities. Each stands on a different plane.

I think this response presents a viable conclusion for all. I mean, so long as the Qur'an is not forbidding you anything, you should try not to make it haraam for yourself. Keep the process of thinking, and the urge to tread the path of righteousness strong, and whatever you find yourself comfortable with thereafter - in the capacity of a believer - it is expected, will be accepted by the Almighty, insha'Allah.

Bro Ishtiaq presents a useful viewpoint, in that he stands miles away from rigidity. Always a good approach.

Thanks everyone for your responses. If there are any further comments/questions that you may have on the issue, let's have them.

Wasalaam.

Saadia
Supriyono

INDONESIA
Posted - Tuesday, November 16, 2004  -  9:24 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Insyaallah, I am still in doubt to agree on certain entertainment that will destroy our obedience to Allah. However, to my opinion Woman shall be given opportunities for involving in Entertainment for Dakwah. As for film and Drama we shall seek valid reference that we can both respect woman and her involvement in public viewing for good purposes.

Wajazakum Allahu Khair

Supriyono
Indonesia
MuhammadRehan

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 16, 2004  -  1:21 PM Reply with quote
Walikum salam wr wbrkt

If women partispate in a role like sister, mother, daughter or any thing else with nice clothing and with out physical contact, Then also One thing will remain unsolve that is gazing the face of nonmehram by the viewers and the camraman , that is not allowed In Islam. It is not for only women but also if men act any role in vedio, its also not allowed for women to watch men.

There can be prepare many vedios for intertainments with out the physical apperance role of men and women.

conclusion is that we should not enjoy those intertainments in this world which take us away from the intertainments of Paradise.

May Allah Almighty make our television fully Islamic.

karime

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, November 18, 2004  -  2:07 PM Reply with quote
IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE MOST MERCIFUL AND BENEFICENT.

Allah has created everything. Everything is made excellently and arranged nicely at their right spaces. Qualities and powers are given them to work or obey pleasantly what they are created for and taught.

Human being has been called the finest creation one of them, when Adam was made, he was taught for what he need to accomplish his mission and sent them on earth, Eve was with him.

They had been granted with all the requirements need for a life to live (but more than a life). This is the human being & Jinn whom has been told to obey but the rest is made to obey and the rest is doing their job pleasantly.

Sky, land, sun, moon, deserts, sea, oceans, birds, … etc are doing their jobs at their right places, and never make any mistake or shirk to work because these are made from this cause. Whereas human being has also been made for the same cause but he has a choice to do & don’t, and it is also a reality that he can’t do or don’t without wishes of Allah but only can wish and try.

Every one has been told how to work or obey one’s creator; ways, ideas, path are shown them clearly that will guide them to come near to one’s origin. If any one takes a wrong way, idea or a path will never meet one’s originator’s will and offering.

Going in search of his originator, he will never be disappointed, ashamed, disobedient and monotonous or unexciting in his life and life hereafter too.

Then, whatever he/she is going to perform in the right direction, no one can abuse, disregard, disaster, demolish and offense her/him. Even if they work collectively in of ring of savages, uncivilized or impolite humans. If they do harm….., then she/he can’t halt and accurate them but notify or suggest, but they can save themselves and it is their right.

One thing to remember that whoever says something about you or anyone, and you are not alike as regarded by, then surely, you need not to worry. If you feel perplexity then find the delinquency and accurate it yourself.

You know that Allah will ask us about ourselves, HE will not ask others or our mother, father, brother or relative what we have done. So you are answerable for your deeds. If you think you are doing well then carry on.. It is saying “ Nothing is good & bad thinking makes it so” but I say “ there is good & bad thinking makes it different. In Europe and many other countries sex is considered as symbol of love, fashion and demand of the current era. But who think and see can know how much this is imperative or essential in a life. Now here, if any one, who thinks he/she is doing well his/her job then, surely he/she will be asked for his/her deeds. How much some say it right/wrong, does not value. Allah says those who do not change himself He will not change them and He help those who help themselves.

This does not matter how and with whom a woman work, we have to see, does she work according to the will of Allah? And we are not onlookers of one another. If one can change by saying and doing, then This world would had been changed as heaven about 14 hundred years ago when A perfect man came and spread his brightness over all and left nothing to solve; he accomplished his mission and Allah granted His blessings on him. ( Mohammad S.A)

You (women/man) do whatever you like, because Allah has given equal rights to men and women but do in a right circle, right place at the right target as you were made for (as I quoted in the beginning) that every thing has been placed at the right angle. If we pick fish out of water and say it to live on land then surely it will die, so live according to your instructed area then you will never go wrong and no one disregard you, and feel real entertainment of real life here and hereafter…..

Hope I could get your question, if don’t do reply…

Allah Hafiz
Regards,

A.Karime, Jacobabad
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 19, 2004  -  7:32 AM Reply with quote
Thank you all for your posts. Jazak'Allah.

Wasalaam.

Saadia
rashna

USA
Posted - Sunday, December 5, 2004  -  7:33 PM Reply with quote
As Salaamu Alaykum Sisters,
as read I read this book Women by Wiebke Walther which gave me a different insight from then to now.However to be as I'm.To live today we must do things to feed our children yet,live within what we as a person know what is right and wrong and use the Quran and Allah as guidance.
I'm a poet yet,I must talk to all people
not for profit but to tell them my experience and how Islam is important.I think we as people get caught up too much in morale issues instead of how to teach one to live right,how you dress with the right guidance you will get a job in enteraiment and not have to degrade yourself there are many good things to do! besides take your clothes off,or allow men to degrade you.I am not good at quoting or taking ayats from the Quran but I know Allah knows your heart and you know right from wrong .This suject will always be just that a subject one most go to Allah alone.yet we continue to be stuck on how they lived instead of how "you" live your life with Allah.I do love to read what everyone feels,so much emotions here.to the sister with nothing to do write me.I'll answer.
with peace
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 7, 2004  -  12:52 AM Reply with quote
First of all I could not understand that the discussion was started as “Women's role in video entertainment” then jumped to “Women's role in acting in drama and movies”

According to me a woman can entertain herself within the home only by clean dramas and movies, not outside the home to entertain or act in some dramas or movies in spite all the purification because the society is ready every time to get a chance and the problems usually start from the doubts and the misunderstandings.

At the home, I said about only clean dramas and movies but I am sorry to say that sometime unexpectedly, objectionable scene comes e.g. Once I was watching National Geographic Channel at a hotel considering a clean channel showing only animals. I saw a deer running here and there and ultimately he caught the female hidden in the trees, and did the all within no time. So sometimes at these occasions there is no time to change the channel or switch off the TV. I mean that only those channels must be watched which the women as well as men are sure about, and same for the children regardless of the gender.

If there is no agreement on the video entertainment for the women, I assure that nobody can stop to watch PTV in Pakistan from 9.00PM to 9.30PM daily.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, December 7, 2004  -  10:24 PM Reply with quote
Assalam alaikum,

Your perception of decency on TV is beyond my comprehension. Observing deer perform the act, for the purpose of scientific education, I fail to see how that is obscene. There is no injunction in our religion to my knowledge that says this is indecent.
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 7, 2004  -  10:34 PM Reply with quote
THANX junaid j 4 the critical analysis of the movies...but c wat u can do is avert ur eyes or even forward the scene n its clear uve bn watchin with full focused atention!

but it doesnt make it rong 2 watch movies cuz of 1 or 2 parts that r nt recomended..but movies lyk just married or wiker park wher the only theme is love sex bla bla ...u shudnt realy watch it...**but aparently its ok 4 married ppl...herd that 1 a long tym bak :S**

Edited by: tweety on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 10:40 PM
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 7, 2004  -  10:39 PM Reply with quote
quote:

>>but i dnt watch nethin bad
and especially no dramas or indian movies
wat a waste of tym!
but i do love other movies
lyk Shrek...or even LOTR!

And what do you think of girls ogling at Legolas! Or perhaps the love scenes between Aragorn and Arwen?

Even something like Shrek, when Princess Fiona dances with Prince Charming or when she kisses Shrek?

and btw ther aint no arwen in the original books .... dno hw this is relevant but im sayin it neway....and dnt blame gurls if a random gudlukin guy comes on screen once in a blue moon...wat about the guys starin at the gurls? cum on m8 pin point ur own mistakes 2 plz
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 8, 2004  -  1:01 AM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum, Thank you very much oosman

Quote: Your perception of decency on TV is beyond my comprehension. Observing deer perform the act, for the purpose of scientific education, I fail to see how that is obscene. There is no injunction in our religion to my knowledge that says this is indecent.

You are right for the purpose of scientific education, but such scenes may create various types of bad thinkings regarding sex. Regardless of the gender, if anybody is not affected then it is right.
karime

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 8, 2004  -  6:56 AM Reply with quote
Assalam Alaikum ..

“Quoted Surgeonakhlaque”

“First of all I could not understand that the discussion was started as “Women's role in video entertainment” then jumped to “Women's role in acting in drama and movies”

According to me a woman can entertain herself within the home only by clean dramas and movies, not outside the home to entertain or act in some dramas or movies in spite all the purification because the society is ready every time to get a chance and the problems usually start from the doubts and the misunderstandings.

At the home, I said about only clean dramas and movies but I am sorry to say that sometime unexpectedly, objectionable scene comes e.g. Once I was watching National Geographic Channel at a hotel considering a clean channel showing only animals. I saw a deer running here and there and ultimately he caught the female hidden in the trees, and did the all within no time. So sometimes at these occasions there is no time to change the channel or switch off the TV. I mean that only those channels must be watched which the women as well as men are sure about, and same for the children regardless of the gender.

If there is no agreement on the video entertainment for the women, I assure that nobody can stop to watch PTV in Pakistan from 9.00PM to 9.30PM daily.”

I think surgeonakhlaque really could not understand. He differentiated between women role in video entertainment & women acting in video entertainment very nicely. I would not say much but just repeat his saying words as he says” According to me a woman can entertain herself within the home only by clean dramas and movies, not outside the home to entertain or act in some dramas or movies in spite all the purification because the society is ready every time to get a chance and the problems usually start from the doubts and the misunderstandings.”

In his saying words’ does this show a role of woman or acting of a woman or both?
Moreover, he read the first few lines narrated by Moderator Sadia, and repeated same in his own words then to explain, he only says “yes” to the said statement of Moderator Sadia which she put base of her asked following questions”

The questions then are:
1) Do you consider entertainment movies a desirable past-time every now and then, given that you disregard the objectionable ones, and why? What about simple TV dramas?

2) And given that you get a 'clean' movie or programme, would the idea of women working with non-mahram men be acceptable to you, given they act as their wives, mothers, sisters,...for the sake of art?

If we say “yes” or “no” , then above asked questions have no mean.
Surgeon akhlaque says that woman should entertain within the home because if she comes out and tries to entertain herself, then this may cause her disregard as society is ready every time to get a chance and the problems usually start from the doubts and the misunderstandings.

Then I would suggest to surgeonakhlaque not to act any operation of a patient because this may cause his/her death, and a man should not come out of his home because road accidents may cause his death, an electrician should not work because this work may cause his death, a pilot should not work because falling of airplane may cause his death, only lions should live in jungle and the rest animals leave the ground because lions may kill them and the rest lost their lives.
He also suggested that if there is a purification in the society or a women thinks that it right time now then she can come out and entertain herself but I say if there is no purification then what should do a woman?. If a woman who has no guardian then how she can works or entertain herself until she gets marry to have a man. If a man think there is rush to cross the road and this may cause his accident then do he should not cross the road, and stay there when all is clear.

From the birth of human being, every thing has been made, good & bad, honesty & dishonesty ….etc. if there is only good then how you can differentiate or say that it is good? And if there is only bad then how you can say it is bad? When you do not find opposite of each thing, you can not know and differentiate.

Your duty is to be good & guide others at your best level to be the same. Do not do bad & let not others do the same.
Regading channels,
I also watched National Geographic Channel, and fortunately there were many scenes as you expressed one of them that “Once I was watching National Geographic Channel at a hotel considering a clean channel showing only animals. I saw a deer running here and there and ultimately he caught the female hidden in the trees, and did the all within no time.” And all these scenes were revealed to show this that sex is a word used for all and every one knows its importance, expressions but how Allah has treated animals the same thing but every animal act this differently. A deer acts this differently than a lion, a lion acts this differently than an elephant and so on every animal shows different emotion and an expression as created but sex is same. You know Allah says look at my creation and know me, do you have no wisdom.
Now it is your sense how do you see this, as a sex or sigh of creations by Allah.

W.Salam

A.Karime
Jacobabad
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 10, 2004  -  9:49 PM Reply with quote
'According to me a woman can entertain herself within the home only by clean dramas and movies, not outside the home to entertain or act in some dramas or movies in spite all the purification because the society is ready every time to get a chance and the problems usually start from the doubts and the misunderstandings'

yea guys keep in mind this applies 2 the men 2
Irsalfwalsh

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, December 12, 2004  -  8:30 PM Reply with quote
?????????????????
MuhammadRehan

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 13, 2004  -  5:58 AM Reply with quote
Assalam o alikum wr wbrkt
Allah Almihty has forbiden us to view the "Non Mehrams".We should not be True Believers If we do not Make the orders of Allah Almighty and His Kind Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), As our Final Discion.

All the women's role in the vedio entertainment that are against the Laws of Islam are shamefull and such activities of Women entertainment are well appriciated that are according to the limits of Islamic Shariat. Similarly Men are also not allowed to involve in such Activities that go against the limits of Islamic Shariat. Entertainment is the natural need and Women and Men have the equal Rights in JENERAL natural matters.

Almighty Allah Give us firm to understand and to act according to Islamic Shariat.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 3 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker