11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Page 17 of 17

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 1, 2006  -  11:37 PM Reply with quote
Dear Raushan

Your comments which I saw only a couple of days ago I would try to reply ad-seriatim hereunder:

1. It was a statement of truth and as such no question of believing it or not.. I perhaps had wanted to emphasize the fact that when the doctor Himself thought it advisable to administer the medicine in small doses to start with and only gradually increasing it to the full dose why should anybody put the full dose down our throat. If we go by the ‘Sunnate Suhaabah’ they had all started accepting Islam in their maturer age and so did full justice to it.
2. We should be happy over it but it proved to be too trying for us resulting in ’munafiqat’ on the one hand and extremism and fanaticism on the other.
3. So you admit that angels came to help those for whom wine was still hallal, i.e., they had not received full dose of Islam yet, but they (the angels) don’t come to help the Muslims now. Why? The battle of Badar could perhaps be called the decisive victory of Islam over Kufr. Later battles were fought by the Muslims mostly for territorial conquest and those were won or last as such. They were not the battles of Islam and Kufr as was the battle of Badr.
4. Ditto.
5. No comments.
6. No I have no reason to doubt it. What I wanted to know what kind of ‘Salat’ was being offered by the Prophet (PBUH) in Kaabah when perhaps idols were still being worshipped therein.

With regards

raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, October 2, 2006  -  11:07 AM Reply with quote
dear tilawat,

what is your concept of salat or namaz.

and how,if it is different than the normal salat being prayed by common muslims.

plz express in details.

wassalam
oosman

USA
Posted - Friday, October 6, 2006  -  6:38 PM Reply with quote
Raushan,

Your interpretation of the miraj is quite interesting. It reminds of this story from the noble Quran:

He said (to his own men): "Ye chiefs! which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?" Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted." Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !"

Apparantly the Jinn had some power to teleport the throne, but it seems this other being had power to do that in the blink of an eye. Was this person a human who had more power than the Jinn?
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, October 7, 2006  -  5:55 AM Reply with quote
brother oosman,
excellent point..I learnt this from you.

jazakallah
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 8, 2006  -  12:15 AM Reply with quote
Dear Raushan

I believe salat to mean a system of 'Rabubiat' (welfare) not confined to the ritual behined a mullah in his mosque as descibed in soora Maoon (107) of the Qurane Hakeem which I reproduce below:

"SMALL KINDNESSES ( Soora-e-Maoon, 107)

Have you seen that who belies deen (as it enjoins human welfare)?

That is he who repels the orphan (i.e. indigent).

And urges not the feeding of the needy.

Ah, woe unto worshipers (That is, ‘Musalleen’ who call themselves ‘Namaazi’)

Who are heedless of the real objective of the Salaat (which is the culture of human wefare)

Whose purpose is to make a show of their worship (To impress people with their religiosity)

Yet refuse (avoid) small kindness (selfless human welfare which does not inflate their ego and impress people about their piety)
naveedulislam

USA
Posted - Monday, July 25, 2011  -  6:46 PM Reply with quote
Real Facts Relating To Miraj

In the following text an attempt will be made to clear the myth of Miraj and different misconception around it. Please note that this article exclusively deals with the first verse of chapter 17 of Quran Al-Kareem.
No attenmpt has been made to refer to explain Surah Najm (Chapter 53). The reason is that the Miraj is said to have occurred in two stages. The first stage is attributed towards the verse 17:1. If the myth is busted at its first stage then apparently there is no need to address the second stage. If needed that may be definitely addressed at a latter stage. This would help the article to remain of a reasonable length. Please indicate if any section of the article requires further clarification or there are any questions.
The author is a beginner and student of Quran and in no way a scholar. The author though has a very inquisitive mind and does not accept anything without reasoning just as allah says:
25:73 وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِّرُوا بِآيَاتِ رَبِّهِمْ لَمْ يَخِرُّوا عَلَيْهَا صُمًّا وَعُمْيَانًا
And those who, when reminded of the verses of their Lord, do not fall upon them deaf and blind.

Short answer: Miraj never occured

Detailed Answer:

Part 1- Drawing the Parallels

Travel by Night – A Sunnah of Allah for the Prophets - For the Survival and Spread of Deen
In fact the travel by night or “أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ” is Sunnat of Allah where as the Almight Allah inspires His Prophets to move from one place where they are oppressed to another place where there is graet potentiol for spread of Deen od Islam (Note that Muhammad (AS) did not bring Islam but completed Islam and Ibrahim (AS) was the first Muslim).
Now take a look and compare the following verses for Moses (AS), Lot (AS), and Muhammad (AS) and these clearly show that “أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ ” is not something that is happened with Prophet Muhammad (AS) exclusively:
Moses (AS)
26:52 وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ مُوسَىٰ أَنْ أَسْرِ بِعِبَادِي إِنَّكُم مُّتَّبَعُونَ
And We inspired to Moses, “Travel by night with My servants; indeed, you will be pursued.”

20:77 وَلَقَدْ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ مُوسَىٰ أَنْ أَسْرِ بِعِبَادِي فَاضْرِبْ لَهُمْ طَرِيقًا فِي الْبَحْرِ يَبَسًا لَّا تَخَافُ دَرَكًا وَلَا تَخْشَىٰ
And We had inspired to Moses, “Travel by night with My servants and set forth for them a dry path through the sea; you will not fear being overtaken [by Pharaoh] nor be afraid [of drowning].”

44:23 فَأَسْرِ بِعِبَادِي لَيْلًا إِنَّكُم مُّتَّبَعُونَ
[ Allah said], “Then set out with My servants by night. Indeed, you are to be pursued.

Lot (AS)
15:65 فَأَسْرِ بِأَهْلِكَ بِقِطْعٍ مِّنَ اللَّيْلِ وَاتَّبِعْ أَدْبَارَهُمْ وَلَا يَلْتَفِتْ مِنكُمْ أَحَدٌ وَامْضُوا حَيْثُ تُؤْمَرُونَ
So set out with your family during a portion of the night and follow behind them and let not anyone among you look back and continue on to where you are commanded.”

11:81 قَالُوا يَا لُوطُ إِنَّا رُسُلُ رَبِّكَ لَن يَصِلُوا إِلَيْكَ ۖ فَأَسْرِ بِأَهْلِكَ بِقِطْعٍ مِّنَ اللَّيْلِ وَلَا يَلْتَفِتْ مِنكُمْ أَحَدٌ إِلَّا امْرَأَتَكَ ۖ إِنَّهُ مُصِيبُهَا مَا أَصَابَهُمْ ۚ إِنَّ مَوْعِدَهُمُ الصُّبْحُ ۚ أَلَيْسَ الصُّبْحُ بِقَرِيبٍ
The angels said, “O Lot, indeed we are messengers of your Lord; [therefore], they will never reach you. So set out with your family during a portion of the night and let not any among you look back - except your wife; indeed, she will be struck by that which strikes them. Indeed, their appointment is [for] the morning. Is not the morning near?”

Muhammad (AS)
17:1 سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلًا مِّنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ مِنْ آيَاتِنَا ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ
Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

So one thing is establish so far that “أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ ” is not unique to Muhammad (AS)then the question arises that what it is really?
Let me critically analyze the verse 17:1 below:
(1) The travel started from “الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ”
(2) It would end at “الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى “
The literal meaning of “الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى ” is “remote mosque”

Remember the “she camel” who transported the Prophet Muhammad (AS) is mentioned in history as “QASWA” or “One who takes to the remote destination”

Context of Verses
Did you ever notice that why is that the first verse of Chapter 17 mentions the night journey of Muhammad (AS) and then suddenly second verse mentions the Moses (AS). The answer is so that Allah is also drawing a parallel between the night journey of Muhammad (AS) and Moses(AS) and since the 2nd last phrase mentions the “signs” so what were the signs given to “Moses” After the migration through the sea he settled in a valley and spread the message of Allah though His nook with peace and tranquility disposing the affairs of Bani Israel.

Part 2 - Historical Facts
Most of the people think that “الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى ” refers to the current mosque “الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى ” in Jerusalem. Please note that the “الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى ” was built in 72 Century Hijra (AH) as inscribed on the foundation stone and accepted by all historian without any doubt or dispute. The name of the mosque was taken from Quran by Arabs. Quran did not take its name from the mosque. The Al-Aqsa Mosque was originally a small prayer house built by the Rashidun Caliph Umar (RA), but was rebuilt and expanded by the Ummayad caliph Abd al-Malik later.

Some people try to justify that it referred to the Tomb of Solomon in Jerusalem and that it was a “Remote House of worship. Authentic history again comes to our help and we know that tomb of Solomon was completely destroyed by Christian raiders and there were hardly any ruins left. The current tomb was also constructed during the reign of Banu Ummya very close to Masjid Al-Aqsa. Therefore there is no way the Prophet Muhammad travelled to Al-Aqsa Mosque or Tomb of Solomon. And of course tomb of Solomon was and is a sacred place to Jews and I guess for Muslims but not a house of worship. Hazrat Umar (RA) in fact cleaned those ruins by his own hands to show his respect for the sacred places of Jews as Christians had their junk and waste accumulated there for long time.

Which mosque was the first one in Islam?——————-”الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ”
Which mosque was the first one in Islam?——————- “A mosque made by prophet himself in Kuba and then again in Medina or city of medina itself”

Someone may argue that if the Prophet made that mosque himself then the definitely that or those mosques did not exist as well. The answer to that is when prophet stayed in Kuba for three days on his way to Medina since he knew the meaning of the verse so the first thing he did was to construct the mosque by his own hands.
But there is more to it. When Prophet migrated from Makkah to Medina, the believers or Muslims in Medina already used to pray and they definitely should have had a mosque. But the history does not tell us or mentions the name of that mosque or its location so let me bring another argument.

Wherever you say the prayer is like a mosque
2:150 وَمِنْ حَيْثُ خَرَجْتَ فَوَلِّ وَجْهَكَ شَطْرَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ ۚ وَحَيْثُ مَا كُنتُمْ فَوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ شَطْرَهُ لِئَلَّا يَكُونَ لِلنَّاسِ عَلَيْكُمْ حُجَّةٌ إِلَّا الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا مِنْهُمْ فَلَا تَخْشَوْهُمْ وَاخْشَوْنِي وَلِأُتِمَّ نِعْمَتِي عَلَيْكُمْ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ
And from wherever you go out [for prayer], turn your face toward al-Masjid al-Haram. And wherever you [believers] may be, turn your faces toward it in order that the people will not have any argument against you, except for those of them who commit wrong; so fear them not but fear Me. And [it is] so I may complete My favor upon you and that you may be guided.
Also a Hadith of Bukhari which is hundred percent in line with the above verse of Quran says that, “Prophet (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) said: “The (whole) earth has been made a mosque (or a place of prayer) and a means of purification for me, so wherever a man of my ummah may be when the time for prayer comes, let him pray.”
Therefore it means that even the city of Medina can be considered as a mosque since Muslims used to perform the prayer there.

Part 3 – Pondering over the other Phrases of the 17:1

17:1 “whose surroundings We have blessed”
Definitely the surroundings of medina were blessed for the growth of Islam and they are still blessed where the tomb of Prophet Muhammad (AS) is located and Muslims all over the world visit the holy city to pay their tributes and say their thanks to the unmatchable sacrifices, courage, wisdom and belief and its propagation to us all. To convey the thanks for the biggest blessings a man can have in his life – being a Muslim and follow the Islam by following the path of Prophet and his message - the Glorious Quran

17:1 “to show him of Our signsWhat could have been a bigger sign then from a deeply oppressed Islam to a fast spreading and flourishing Islam in the 10 years of stay in Medina. At that time Prophet Muhammad was a refugee and without much resources and in that condition he was writing the letters to the prominent empires of the whole world. He always told them that they should stop oppressing the weak and stop from cruelty on masses and accept Islam the religion of peace and complete submission to Allah. Can you imagine the greatness?
It never happened in the history of mankind that such a small group number of people not only warned the biggest Empires of the World but also made it happen in the shortest possible time during the reign of Khulfae Rashidin.

Part 4 - What is the logic behind this story while Allah is everywhere?
Essentially there is no logic behind this story. The apparent purpose of the Miraj for the Prophet Muhammad (AS) is to “Physically meet Allah”.

This is a story fabricated by those who think that Allah is bound by time and space and that He lives on the Seventh Heaven. If that be the case then he cannot be everywhere which is of course not true case but we just don’t think and accept the narrated stories without much thought.

50:16 وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِ نَفْسُهُ ۖ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ
And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein
2:255 اللَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ ۚ لَا تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ ۚ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ ۗ مَن ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِندَهُ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِ ۚ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ ۖ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلَّا بِمَا شَاءَ ۚ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ ۖ وَلَا يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا ۚ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.

Part 5 - What is the origin of this story?
Now let me raise another question here. If this Miraj story is not true then where did it come from? Again the short answer is “Israelite Tradition” or “Talmud”. Jews spoiled their own religion through narrations (hadith) and almost completely abanodoned Torah. Torah was the message of Allah and did not allow the Bani Israel (Jews) to do whatever they liked and therefore they invented Talmud and inserted fabricated narrations in it to justify theier deeds and their mullahs (rabbis). Unfortunately Muslims have done similar or accepted the narrations filled with Israelite traditions as I will provide the links below to some of the fabricated stories (for the Ascension or Miraj) by Jews. at least glance through these stories and you don’t even need to read word by word to understand that how similar are these stories to the Miraj of Prophet Muhammad (AS) and also conclude that the hadith in our books are just almost copy and paste of these stories with a little modification to suite the environment:
(1) The Ascension (Miraj) of Isaiah
http://www.thefishersofmenministries.com/The Ascension of Isaiah.pdf
(2) Miraj of Muhammad in an Ascension Typology by Brent E. McNeely
http://www.bhporter.com/Porter PDF Files/The Miraj of Muhammad in an Asceneion Typology.pdf

Part 6 a - So were the 5 Salawat were really given during the Miraj and if not then when?
Many people believe that Salat was given to the Prophet during the Miraj as a gift. Originally they were 50 or 55 and then Allah graciously reduced those to 5 and said that these 5 would be equivalent to 50.
First of all the readers of the Ascension story might have noticed that Allah and Muhammad (AS) seem to be dependent on the wisdom of Moses (Jewish Prophet) to conclude that there are only 5 Salat necessary for Muslim and Prophet Muhammad (AS) aimlessly wandered between Moses (AS) and Allah several time before the decision was made. Let me now present some arguments from Quran to prove that:
(1) Allah does never change His words
6:34 وَلَقَدْ كُذِّبَتْ رُسُلٌ مِّن قَبْلِكَ فَصَبَرُوا عَلَىٰ مَا كُذِّبُوا وَأُوذُوا حَتَّىٰ أَتَاهُمْ نَصْرُنَا ۚ وَلَا مُبَدِّلَ لِكَلِمَاتِ اللَّهِ ۚ وَلَقَدْ جَاءَكَ مِن نَّبَإِ الْمُرْسَلِينَ
And certainly were messengers denied before you, but they were patient over [the effects of] denial, and they were harmed until Our victory came to them. And none can alter the words of Allah . And there has certainly come to you some information about the [previous] messengers.

(2) Salats as they are now were initially given to Prophet Ibrahim as he was the first Muslim. And then to every prophet after him as well as zakat:
Ibrahim (AS) was the first Muslim:
6:163 لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ ۖ وَبِذَٰلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا أَوَّلُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims.”

Follow the Millati Ibrahima Hanifa and “establish Salat and give Zakah and hold fast to Allah”
22:78 وَجَاهِدُوا فِي اللَّهِ حَقَّ جِهَادِهِ ۚ هُوَ اجْتَبَاكُمْ وَمَا جَعَلَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ مِنْ حَرَجٍ ۚ مِّلَّةَ أَبِيكُمْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ ۚ هُوَ سَمَّاكُمُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ مِن قَبْلُ وَفِي هَٰذَا لِيَكُونَ الرَّسُولُ شَهِيدًا عَلَيْكُمْ وَتَكُونُوا شُهَدَاءَ عَلَى النَّاسِ ۚ فَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِاللَّهِ هُوَ مَوْلَاكُمْ ۖ فَنِعْمَ الْمَوْلَىٰ وَنِعْمَ النَّصِيرُ
And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [It is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you “Muslims” before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give zakah and hold fast to Allah . He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper.
Every day we say the following words of Ibrahim (AS) and we still think that Muhammad (AS) started the salat:
14:40 رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِي مُقِيمَ الصَّلَاةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاءِ
My Lord, make me an establisher of prayer, and [many] from my descendants. Our Lord, and accept my supplication.

Part 6 b - So was the 5 Salawat were really given during the Miraj and if not then when?
Take the Salat from Maqame Ibrahim (Masjid Al-Haram):
2:125 وَإِذْ جَعَلْنَا الْبَيْتَ مَثَابَةً لِّلنَّاسِ وَأَمْنًا وَاتَّخِذُوا مِن مَّقَامِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ مُصَلًّى ۖ وَعَهِدْنَا إِلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ أَن طَهِّرَا بَيْتِيَ لِلطَّائِفِينَ وَالْعَاكِفِينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُودِ
And [mention] when We made the House a place of return for the people and [a place of] security. And take, [O believers], from the standing place of Abraham a place of prayer. And We charged Abraham and Ishmael, [saying], “Purify My House for those who perform Tawaf and those who are staying [there] for worship and those who bow and prostrate [in prayer].”

Bani Israel were commanded of salats and zakat (Through Moses AS)):
2:83 وَإِذْ أَخَذْنَا مِيثَاقَ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ لَا تَعْبُدُونَ إِلَّا اللَّهَ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا وَذِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَالْيَتَامَىٰ وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَقُولُوا لِلنَّاسِ حُسْنًا وَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ ثُمَّ تَوَلَّيْتُمْ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا مِّنكُمْ وَأَنتُم مُّعْرِضُونَ
And [recall] when We took the covenant from the Children of Israel, [enjoining upon them], “Do not worship except Allah ; and to parents do good and to relatives, orphans, and the needy. And speak to people good [words] and establish prayer and give zakah.” Then you turned away, except a few of you, and you were refusing.

10:87 وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ مُوسَىٰ وَأَخِيهِ أَن تَبَوَّآ لِقَوْمِكُمَا بِمِصْرَ بُيُوتًا وَاجْعَلُوا بُيُوتَكُمْ قِبْلَةً وَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ ۗ وَبَشِّرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ
And We inspired to Moses and his brother, “Settle your people in Egypt in houses and make your houses [facing the] qiblah and establish prayer and give good tidings to the believers.”
Prophet Lot (AS), Ishaq (AS) and Yaqoob (AS) were all commanded to establish salat and give zakat:
21:71 وَنَجَّيْنَاهُ وَلُوطًا إِلَى الْأَرْضِ الَّتِي بَارَكْنَا فِيهَا لِلْعَالَمِينَ
And We delivered him and Lot to the land which We had blessed for the worlds.
21:72 وَوَهَبْنَا لَهُ إِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ نَافِلَةً ۖ وَكُلًّا جَعَلْنَا صَالِحِينَ
And We gave him Isaac and Jacob in addition, and all [of them] We made righteous.
21:73 وَجَعَلْنَاهُمْ أَئِمَّةً يَهْدُونَ بِأَمْرِنَا وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْهِمْ فِعْلَ الْخَيْرَاتِ وَإِقَامَ الصَّلَاةِ وَإِيتَاءَ الزَّكَاةِ ۖ وَكَانُوا لَنَا عَابِدِينَ
And We made them leaders guiding by Our command. And We inspired to them the doing of good deeds, establishment of prayer, and giving of zakah; and they were worshippers of Us.

Qureshe Makkah had corrupted the prayers
8:35 وَمَا كَانَ صَلَاتُهُمْ عِندَ الْبَيْتِ إِلَّا مُكَاءً وَتَصْدِيَةً ۚ فَذُوقُوا الْعَذَابَ بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَكْفُرُونَ
And their prayer at the House was not except whistling and handclapping. So taste the punishment for what you disbelieved.
So Muhammad (AS) purified the practice of Salat and this was the acceptance of a Dua of Ibrahim by Allah:
2:129 رَبَّنَا وَابْعَثْ فِيهِمْ رَسُولًا مِّنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِكَ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ
Our Lord, and send among them a messenger from themselves who will recite to them Your verses and teach them the Book and wisdom and purify them. Indeed, You are the Exalted in Might, the Wise.”

Food for Thought
So if Miraj did not occur as demonstarted by this article then what does “Tashahud” mean?
Tashahad is attributed to the Miraj. If Miraj did not occur then Tashahud’s tradition is baseless.

Edited by: naveedulislam on Monday, July 25, 2011 6:47 PM

Edited by: naveedulislam on Monday, July 25, 2011 6:48 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Page 17 of 17

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker