Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Wednesday, December 22, 2004  -  6:12 PM Reply with quote
photographs

aoa
i was listening to an islamic scholar and he said that it is a sin to take photographs, because there is no rou(soul) inside the still picture. can u plz help me?
thnku
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, December 23, 2004  -  4:45 PM Reply with quote
Assalaamu Alaykum.

I think the mentioned scholar has made his argument on the under mentioned hadith:

Ibn Abbas: I heard Muhammad saying, "Whoever makes a picture in this world will be asked to put life into it on the Day of Resurrection, but he will not be able to do so." [Bukhari]

Please the link: http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=868
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 24, 2004  -  1:08 AM Reply with quote
assalamu alaykum

......and also I think arub shall be able to answer as she did quite a research on the topic during last couple of years 'cause she has chosen drawing/arts as career(so far) ?
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 24, 2004  -  12:35 PM Reply with quote
salaamz
ok
1st of all
i think u all no that ur intentions r the main thing that count in islam
the hadith that u quoted has a certain background and is targeted at a spacific type of drawing/photograph takin or watever
if u take a photo or draw a picture of a person that others want 2 worship or u hav done it so that ppl can worship that thing then u will b askd 2 bring it bak 2 life
or if u r sayin that u can create better than the creator and ur soul perpose is 2 beat the original creation
or if u want ppl 2 take ur art as a product of worship
then its very rong
other wise its perfectly fine
photos...memories...no harm done
islam's logic remember
and im sure ur not tryin 2 take a picture of sumthin u cn pray 2..so remember in this case its all about ur intentions dude ^_^

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker