Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
student1

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, January 10, 2005  -  11:54 AM Reply with quote
Taliban and their rule in Afghanistan

Asalam Aalaikum

Dear Brothers I would like to get some information regarding Taliban and their rule in Afghanistan.
Some Muslims prefer Taliban government rather than the present government of Afghanistan and they claim that Taliban form of government in Afghanistan was in accordance with the teachings of Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh).
But others claim that they were not truely Islamic since they prevented young ladies from taking education in Schools and didnot allow them to drive cars. Some also claim that they converted the schools and colleges of Afghanistan into battle castle.

They were extremist and didnot show any flexibility in their Law.

But their is one important issue in my mind about the Government of Taliban ,that how their Government was formed? Was the leader of Taliban Government appointed by Shura(Mutual Consultation) or was he directly appointed without allowing the citizens of Afghanistan to chose their leader?

Regards,
oosman

USA
Posted - Saturday, January 15, 2005  -  11:30 AM Reply with quote
I got an email long time ago from someone. I cannot vouch for its authenticity, but if it is true, then it should shed some light on your question.
Here it is:

http://www.oosmansaeed.com/taliban.txt
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, January 15, 2005  -  6:47 PM Reply with quote
I happened to see Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. The Taliban Ambassador or whatever was addressing a group of people including an American lady. His mannerisms told you a lot about them.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker