Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
wasaysyed

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Wednesday, January 19, 2005  -  9:29 AM Reply with quote
True thought about Prophet Mohammad (SAW)

My name is Syed Abdul Wasay, I am from Karachi - Pakistan, I want to start my discussion on a very important topic reqrding our believes, that we have got 2 major Sunni School of thoughts in Sub-continent (Indo-Pak) Deoband and Barelwi. Up to my knowledge there are several differences between these 2 Schools of though. But 1 major difference is that Deoband says that Prophet Mohammad (SAW) was a Bashar and he was died naturally. Barelwi says that Prophet Mohammad (SAW) was not a Bashar, he was formed from the Noor (Light) of Allah, and he was not died naturally he is present everywhere, watching everything and listening everything. They also says that the Prophet Mohammad (SAW) had all hidden knowledge (ilm-e-ghaib), and Deoband deies this. I am logically agree with the thought of Deoband school on this issue, can you please clarify that on what basis Barelwi says so, which Quranic Ayats and Ahadis of Prophet Mohammad (SAW) they use, to proof their though, and how Deoband and other non-Barelwi's answer this in order to deny them. Please tell me which though is correct; kindly clarify this issue in detail.

Syed Abdul Wasay

Edited by: wasaysyed on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 9:29 AM

Edited by: wasaysyed on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 9:33 AM
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 21, 2005  -  5:23 AM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum

This is no doubt one of the greatest issues and I hope that the moderators or the administrators of this forum will present their answers on this issue.

Eid Mubarak to you

Regards,
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, January 24, 2005  -  5:55 AM Reply with quote
Respected Syed Abdul Wasay Sahib

According to MY knowledge the Brailwi Point of View, as you have described, is Only the View of their Common man OR the of their Junior Scholars. Their Renowned & Famous Scholars Do NOT believe in that Point of View as it is TOTALLY against the Quran.
The Holy Quran Declares that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was a BASHAR like we are & it Denies that our Prophet was an "Aalim ul Ghaib". & Muslim Ummah knows that he died like ALL other human beings.
Those who say what you have described is JUST their MISUNDERSTANDING of the TWO Quranic words " NOOR & SHAHID " used for the Prophet.
wasaysyed

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, January 25, 2005  -  9:07 AM Reply with quote
Thank you, Mr. Ibrahim; for replying and sharing your views about my posted topic.
As I have written that there are some major difference between theses 2 sects, but 1 major difference is the concepts about Prophet Mohammad (SAW). You have written that this is the concepts of a common man or a Junior Aalim, belongs to Barelwi thought. But my research is that, the Barelwi Sect is based on 2 or 3 basic concepts; among these 1 is there concept about Prophet Mohammad (SAW). How can you saw that; this is the thinking of Junior Aalim? Do you think their Imam Ahmad Raza Khan was a Junior Barelwi Aalim.
I have asked this question to many Barelwi Aalim, they strongly defend their opinion but with weak reasons.
I have asked this question to Dawat-e-Islami’s Amieer, Mr. Ilyas Attar Qadri; he refers to study the Tafessr of Sura Noor Verse 35 from Tafessr-e-Ibne Abbas. He said that Hazrat Ibne Abbas said that Prophet was formed from Noor.
You can find a lot of questions on their web site regarding this issue; he gave the same answer, as an example I am providing one example
Question?
I would be eternally grateful if you could send me Quranic and Hadith evidence on the undoubtable question that our beloved Prophet (salal lahoo alaihi wassalam) is "Noor". Jazakallah Khairan
Imam reply:
Hazrat Ibn-e-Abbas (Allah is well pleased with him) cousin of the holly prophet (Allah's Grace and Peace be upon Him) says in the commentary of the verse 35 from chapter 24: Sura Noor. "The similitude of the Noor (Light) of Allah is Noor (light) of the Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace and Peace be upon Him), when he was in the backs of ancestors". (Tafseer-e-Ibne Abbas page 372)
After reading Tafessr-e-Ibne Abbas I can’t find anything favoring there Opinion
Any way thank for your reply. .

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker