1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
AmrBassiouny

HONG KONG
Posted - Thursday, April 7, 2005  -  5:44 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Lastly, your view sounds very much like that of some famous scientists (i.e. that God created everything but then became careless about it). No, that is not what you are saying, yet there is a similarity. What you must understand is that when we say that God is behind certain phenomena of nature, we are not denying the natural processes that occur which bring about these natural phenomena. We are only saying that it is God Who does this. Had He pleased these things would never have happened. Hey, are we actually in agreement here perhaps, it almost sounds like it, come to think of it. Anyway, while we may say that God is doing a certain thing, it is beyond us to know “how” He does it. So, when God says that He is responsible for bringing rain from the sky, God knows how He does it and however He does do it, it does not negate the processes that enable rain drops to fall.

regards

Aristotle? Plato? I've never really read any of their works on religion, but i do know that they are Deists (which is what you are referring to). Yes, i do sound similar. But not exactly the same (i'm by far not a deist). I beleive that God is initially indirectly behind everything, but then at the end of the day, the real action is more related to natural circumstances rather than God directly intervening into our daily lives. So i don't take it 100% metaphorically, just a bit more than a fellow Sunni or Shiia would.

Though i do agree with you on everything you said, the points which we are debating upon are very vague, and in order to have a real debate we'd have to get into too many details which would be useless.

We agree on the basic principles, take my word on that. I apolagize if i'd given the impression of something else.

P.S. Your method of writing is very inspiring, i like it very much. If you are as good of an orator as you are a writer, then i'm sure you could be a great leader very easily.

Edited by: amrbassiouny on Thursday, April 07, 2005 5:47 PM
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, April 14, 2005  -  11:47 PM Reply with quote
IT IS VERY SAD to have the lamb thinking of attributing the natural calamities to some people, REMINDING the examples of prophet Nuh (Aleh salam) and others and FORGETTING the Holy Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him) as Rehmatullulil Aalameen (A blessing for the worldS…..).

I disagree with those having such a type of thinking.
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 20, 2005  -  3:35 PM Reply with quote
salaamz
i dno wat u mean exactly by taking the Quran metaphorically
i mean
the bits that r ment 2 b taken metaphorically
those r the 1s that hav an unclear meaning etc
but
areas in the Quran where it talks about life after death etc
thats pretty clear
is that meant 2 b metaphorical 2?
thats like believing the bits in the quran that appeal 2 u and putting off the rest of it becuz it doesnt 'seem ryt' or doesnt sound ryt or watever
"Maybe it works for other people, like yourself, but it doesn't work for me. And my way of doing things isn't any less hallal than your own, in fact i can argue it is better.”
its a universal guide
if it works for me
it shud work for every1!
p.s the above isnt meant 2 sound rude/offensive...so sorry if it does...if that makes sense...
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, April 24, 2005  -  12:57 AM Reply with quote
I disagree to your syllogistic thoughts.

AL-QURAN: (2: 3)

The foremost criterion of the believers or those who has fear of God is “Yohmenoon-a- bil-ghaib” (THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN THE UNSEEN and keep up prayer and spend out of what We have given them).

So this verse (2: 3) nullifies the concept of the past incidences as metaphoricals.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 9, 2005  -  9:38 PM Reply with quote
GOD SAYS:

· And if Allah had destroyed men for their iniquity, He WOULD NOT LEAVE on the earth a single creature, but He respites them till an APPOINTED TIME; so when their doom will come they shall not be able to delay (it) an hour nor can they bring (it) on (before its time) (16: 61).

· And a soul will not die but with the permission of Allah the TERM IS FIXED; (3: 145)

· Indeed there have been examples BEFORE YOU; therefore travel in the earth and see what WAS the end of the rejecters (3: 137).

· Have they not travelled in the earth and seen how WAS the end of those before them? (30: 9) & (27: 69)…..
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 10, 2005  -  9:02 PM Reply with quote
this is totally and utterly not topic related but im so bored :)

Red

Orange

Yellow

Green

Blue

are all so very pretty ^_^

Wassalam

ps- the colours of the rainbow were requested by Mr. AmrBassiouny

x
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, May 13, 2005  -  8:24 PM Reply with quote
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

QUOTE: this is totally and utterly not topic related.

See the following quotes and decide once again what they mean? Don’t they mean to call them bad who were destroyed and pious ourselves because we are living and enjoying our live? Isn’t it?

QUOTE 1: thats wat i thought at first but when the second one hit...IT STRUCK ME THAT THERE MIGHT BE A DEEPER REASON BEHIND THIS. i mean ppl drink and go clubbing everywhere ... even in countries with muslims in them...turkey being a prime example. o wat made thailand and the other asian countries? Of particular concern to the Royal Thai Government is the exploitation of children for the purpose of commercial sex. Young girls and boys too often are lured or forced into working in brothels and other sexually oriented establishments by profiteers. …. (TWEETY)

QUOTE: 2 (does the punishment and crimes of the people of Lut spring to mind?)…. (TWEETY)

QUOTE 3: Natural causes are ones, which can be explained through scientific analysis and reproduced through experiments. If you can somehow prove that this was not caused by nature, and that there was something supernatural behind it...then i'd beleive that God caused the tsunami and whatever other natural disasters you want. and i also know why and how tsunamis are caused i no theres a scientific reason for everything bla bla…. (TWEETY)

If we follow the kid’s thoughts then see below what God says:

O you who believe! Surely from among your wives and your children there is an enemy to you; therefore beware of them (64: 14).

QUOTE: but im so bored :)

WHY are you feeling bored to hear the Quranic verses whether related or not? Could you please enlighten the wisdom behind it?

QOUTE: Red Orange Yellow Green Blue

Rainbow has seven colourers not five, with contant sequence as below.

Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red.

Wassalam with the SAYING OF GOD:

So eat and drink and refresh the eye. Then if you see any mortal, say: Surely I have vowed a fast to the Beneficent God, so I shall not speak to any man today (19: 26).

Edited by: Loveall on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:51 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker