Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aslam

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, April 21, 2005  -  6:56 AM Reply with quote
Haven for needy Patients???

Salams,
We,especially the people of backward areas,see,almost every day,some one dying due to the unavailability of proper medical treatment or good doctor.It pains me immensely to see destitute people dying at the hands of
merciless quacks.We,some friends,all of them teachers with measly salaries, have started pooling money every month to help poor people.we also do some fund-raising.This time we are trying to help an indigent person build his house,rather a hut.We are offering our bit,a very tiny bit but a journey of thousand miles start from a single step!We are doing this in the hope that that our Lord will recompense us for these peanuts when we will need it the most!
Now I request my forum-mates,especially DOCS,to ponder our this.Do not they owe something to their compatriots?
What if at least twice a year they hold a free medical camp in a por and backward area of the country?
What if they help build small dispensaries in the backward areas?
Now it might look just a dream but where there is a will there is a well!

Edited by: aslam on Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:04 AM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, April 27, 2005  -  3:50 PM Reply with quote
w salaam

yes it's a v nice Proposal. I DO hope that NOT only DOCTORS but all other people who r abroad & r ABLE to SPEND some money they shouild come forward to help the people of their OWN country in all matters. especially Departments of HEALTH & EDUCATION need MORE intention. To bring Religious Education in the REACH of people is probably one of the MOST demanding thing too.

Ladies & Gents plz Come Forward & present ur OWN money OR at least CONVINCE others to put thier Hands in thier Pokets.

God bless u ALL. Jazakum-u-llah u khairun
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 28, 2005  -  11:53 PM Reply with quote
w'assalaam

Indeed this is always something needed in countries like ours.
I am aware that some of our colleagues from different parts of the world visit rural areas of Pakistan annually and perform eye operations for lens implant etc.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, September 4, 2005  -  1:18 AM Reply with quote
Very good idea, regarding the subject of this forum!

But alas! Those (doctors) who had used to say, after passing their matriculation, “We will serve the humanity” forget everything when they achieve the target and find the opportunities.

In the rural areas of Pakistan, in all the four provinces, the provincial Govt (Health department) has established one Basic Health Unit (BHU) in the community of one union council. Staff of the BHU consists of one medical officer, one medical technician, one lady health visitor, one dispenser, one dai, one peon, one chowkidar and one sweeper. Building of the BHU has even the facilities of some surgical procedures and the labour cases. There is also a vast residential area for the staff within the premises of the BHU.

In addition, there are two or three Rural Health Centres (RHC) or Primary Health Centre in the rural community of one Tehsil and these are the bigger complexes having the much more facilities. Furthermore there are scattered rural dispensaries under the administration of the local bodies Govt.

The above is only for the rural areas and the urban areas have Tehsil head quarter (THQ) hospitals, District head quarter (DHQ) hospitals and the teaching institutions (medical colleges and the affiliated hospitals) and municipal corporation dispensaries etc.

Is spite of one BHU in one union council, two or three RHCs in one Tehsil and the rural dispensaries, THQs, DHQs, teaching institutions and the municipal dispensaries etc they can’t meet our health requirements most probably, due to rise in the population. SO WE WILL HAVE TO ADD OUR OWN RESOURCES as well in the form of free services of the doctors and cooperation of the rich people.

I request the doctors to keep their promise, done in their teen ages, well remembered and the rich people to make this programme successful.

In addition, I would like to advise that we must also give attentions to prevention of the diseases, individually and collectively. These preventive measures are cleanliness about which our religion gives much emphasis, giving up the sedentary habits and giving up smoking and the foods rich in sweets, fats and spices etc.

I hope for the best!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker