AuthorTopic
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, September 29, 2003  -  7:24 PM Reply with quote
Thank you.
abduljalil

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 4, 2004  -  12:10 AM Reply with quote
Interesting debate but I would appreciate some practical advice from anyone out there to a dilemma: I live in the Uk and have a very close friend of mine who urgently needs a bone marrow transplant to save his life as he is suffering from Hodgkins disease. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find a suitable match for him in the UK mainly because we do not have enough Asian volunteer donors in the UK which is really a shame as we Muslims in the UK appear to happily receive blood etc to save our lifes but are reluctant to donate. My plea to anyone out there in Pakistan is How does one go about getting a bone marrow transplant in Pakistan? Is there a database of tissue types in Pakistan? We will be willing to pay all expenses for the suitable donor to come to the UK for the transplant. Any relevant information would be appreciated. As far as the debate is concerned I have no doubt that blood/bone marrow donations are allowed in Islam where saving a life is concerned and I have the backing of alims to support this claim.
Please e-mail any responses to abdul.jalil@ntlworld.com
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 30, 2004  -  1:13 AM Reply with quote
i'm pleased that br. abdul jaleel's problem seems to hv been sorted out by our pvt messging system and we hv had v. good responses in this regard so far

wassalaam

Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 30, 2004  -  12:20 PM Reply with quote
This is nice to hear. May Allah reward you and all those who help others in order to please the Lord.!

I am also glad to see that the private messaging service is a good service offered by SI.
thisismudasser

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, February 10, 2004  -  11:56 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Apology accepted. I am happy things could be cleared up. Of course you are entitled to wonder why questions arise, but your choice of words could have been a little bit better.

May Allah accept our apologies
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, February 10, 2004  -  12:24 PM Reply with quote
Amen!
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 9, 2005  -  9:29 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum’

In addition to the Quranic verse (6: 145) pointed out in this forum, also see (2: 173) (5: 3) and (16: 115) where not only intake of blood is forbidden but some others too.

Regarding the blood transfusion, the context of the verses seems to emphasise not the human blood but others (animals to be slaughtered). Wallaho Aalam.

Edited by: Loveall on Saturday, May 21, 2005 11:22 PM
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, May 12, 2005  -  8:32 PM Reply with quote
Intersting discussion. Whilst driving the other day I heard a Jovahs witness state their reason for refusing blood transfusion was related to a refernce in the Bible stating that blood is forbidden to you. Which made me wonder how we as muslims have interpeted the similar guidance in the Quran. If we interpert that Quran is only refering to ingestion of blood by oral means, then can we interpert that fasting only refers to refraining from oral intake and we could replenish ourselves by intravenous route.
It made me wonder and will be intersted on why we are interpreting the two guidances the opposite way. I must also confess until now I had not considered method of fasting in detail so someone may be able to enlighten me with a reference from the Quran.
arshad

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 15, 2005  -  2:33 PM Reply with quote
Dear,
As far as my information is concerned, bone marrow transplants have been started in Karachi, Pakistan.he hospital name is Bismillah Taqqi hospital and probably Zia-uddin hospital too where Dr. Shamsi is doing Bone marrow transplants.I am sorry i dont have telephone contacts of these hospitals.
NavidKhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 16, 2005  -  12:01 PM Reply with quote
Dear All,

As it happens, I also heard the porgramme on the working of medical ethics committeees, in which a Jehova's witness had very eloquently (I thought) put their case for not accepting blood transfusions.

I think in this matter, we are forgetting an important prinicpal of the Sharia, which as it happens is mentioned in the same verses of the Holy Quran as some of our brothers and sisters have alluded to.

2:174] He has made unlawful to you only that which dies of itself, and blood and the flesh of swine, and that on which the name of any other than Allah has been invoked. But he who is driven by necessity, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, it shall be no sin for him. Surely, Allah is most Forgiving, Merciful.

[5:4] Forbidden to you is the flesh of an animal which dies of itself, and blood and the flesh of swine; and that on which is invoked the name of any other than Allah; and that which has been strangled; and that which has been beaten to death; and that which has been killed by a fall and that which has been gored to death; and that of which a wild animal has eaten, except that which you have properly slaughtered; and that which has been slaughtered at an altar as an offering to idols. And forbidden is also this that you seek to know your lot by the divining arrows. That is an act of disobedience. This day have those who disbelieve despaired of harming your religion. So fear them not, but fear ME. This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as religion. But whoso is forced by hunger, without being wilfully inclined to sin, then, surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, and is Merciful.

[6:146] Say, 'I find not in what has been revealed to me aught forbidden to an eater who desires to eat it, except it be that which dies of itself or blood poured forth, or the flesh of swine - for all that is unclean - or what is profane, on which is invoked the name of other than Allah. But whoso is driven by necessity, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, then, surely, thy Lord is Most Forgiving, Merciful.

[16:116] He has made unlawful for you only that which dies of itself and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But he who is driven by necessity to eat any of these things, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, them, surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.

In all these verses where the above mentioned items i.e. Blood, Flesh of Swine etc. have been forbidden, at the end Allah says:

But he who is driven by necessity to eat any of these things, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, them, surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.

Surely the need blood transfusion is also a condition known in Islamic terminology as Iztiraaree i.e. and exceptionally life threatening or compulsive situation. In such a situation, not only does the Haraam become Halaal, but it becomes incumbent and obligatory on the Muslims to make use of that whcih was Haram, but only to the extent that it is necessary to preserve life. The preservation of life is an important principal which over-rides all other consioderations.

The Beauty of Islam and the Holy Quran is that because it was revealed by the All- Knowing (Al-Aleemul Khabeer) God, therefore, He alone was aware of what the future held. Allah knew that in the future, Medical Science would develop to such an extent that blood transfusions would become part of the arsenal of Doctors, treating patients for various diseases.

It is for this reason that where Blood was forbidden in the Sharia of Hazrat Moosa (Alaihe salaam) there is no "Exclusion clause" as is mentioned above. This is because when God Almightyt revealed those verses, to Hazrat Moosa and in the case of the New Testament (Acts of the Apostles) to Hazrat Eesa (Alaihe salaam), Allah knew that Medical Science would not have progressed so much that blood tranfusion would become an established practice.

This fact also proves that The Sharia of the Holy prophet (salAllaho alaihe wasallam) was the most perfect and complete Sharia, sent by Allah and that no other Sharia would descend after the Holy Quran. It is true what Allah has revealed in Sura Kahaf:

AlHamdoliAllahellazee anzala alaa' 'AbdihilKitaaba wa Lam yajallahoo 'Ivajaa

"All Praise is due to Him who has revealed upon His Servant (MUhammad salAllaho alaihe wasallam) the Book, and has not placed therein any crookedness"

It is also a reflection of the fact that Our Prophet (SalAllaho alaihe wasallam) was also Rahmatunlil Aalameen that our Shariah is also a source of Rahmat for us.

This is my opinion, the truth is that wa Allaho 'Aalam, Allah alone knows best.

wassalam

Navidul Haq Khan
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 16, 2005  -  9:37 PM Reply with quote
But he who is driven by necessity, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, it shall be no sin for him.
Thank you answers my question perfectly.
Interesting listening habits!
NavidKhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 17, 2005  -  10:05 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brother Pervez ,

Assalamoalaikum wa Rahmatu(A)llahe wabarakatuhoo,

It is my opinion that the vast majority of programmes broadcast from BBC Radio 4 are of a very high quality and whenever I am driving to and from work, I always try and listen in on it. Call me old fashioned, but I feel that radio has much more to offer than television.

wassalaam

Navid Khan
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, May 18, 2005  -  11:32 PM Reply with quote
Salaam Navid
but I feel that radio has much more to offer than television.

Couldn't agree more
Allah Hafiz
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, May 19, 2005  -  9:26 PM Reply with quote
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Thank you Naveed- ul- Haque Khan.

Most of us have been taking the Quranic verses same as the verse 4: 43 if we take it as “O you who believe! Do not go near prayer” only.

In the context of advantages and disadvantages radio seems to supersede television.

Wassalam wth the sayings of God:

And if you would count Allah's favours, you will not be able to number them; most surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful (16: 18).

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker