1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 14, 2005  -  7:37 AM Reply with quote
quote:

you said…….. I am sure next response will be, "PICTURE is HARAAM.

i have heard, only ‘Manhoos’ pictures are haram…………

Brother I was just trying to be funny... If we start discussing pictures here that would be a completely new debate.... In short, if there is any chance of worshipping then the Picture is Haraam... The way we use now a days, there is nothing wrong in it
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 16, 2005  -  6:13 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I believe 'Assalam alaikum' is a Jewish greeting, and the Muslims copied and took it from the Jews. But it is a good greeting, and there is nothing wrong with any good greeting, and Muslims use it too. So with 'khuda hafiz' also, it is a good greeting and what is wrong with that?

the jewish greeting is shaloom wich means the same thing
ps judaism came after islam bt its frm teh same branch of abrahamic religions and we accept that ur prophets r our prophets too so its prety much the same religion- so hw cud we b copying jews? god tld u 2 do it the same god is teling us 2 do it 2
w.salaam
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 16, 2005  -  6:14 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

you said…….. I am sure next response will be, "PICTURE is HARAAM.

i have heard, only ‘Manhoos’ pictures are haram…………

Brother I was just trying to be funny... If we start discussing pictures here that would be a completely new debate.... In short, if there is any chance of worshipping then the Picture is Haraam... The way we use now a days, there is nothing wrong in it

i totaly agree!!!!
seerat

USA
Posted - Wednesday, July 9, 2008  -  8:10 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Islam is the religion of proof. Islam says enjoin the good and forbid evil. If a muslim comes to you and says "Allah hafiz" then what will you reply if you dont know whether it is allowed or not.

If it is allowed there has to be a proof in terms of Hadith. And if there is no Hadith than this is BIdAH. this is what i believe. because anything in religious matter for which there is no authority from Muhammed (SAW) than that is BIDAH.

It is for that reason i put the topic on discussion becasue in some other topic i saw that it was concluded that one can say "Allah hafiz" but if there is no proof than i believe that we cannot say.

I have put this topic to help each other and not to hurt anyones feeling

Jazakallah Khair
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, August 1, 2008  -  12:36 PM Reply with quote
quote:

...............there has to be a proof in terms of Hadith. And if there is no Hadith ................

Jazakallah Khair

Assalamualaikum.

Your closing words are "JazakAllahu khair" meaning "May Allah reward you for the good" - for expression of thanks

How would a person not knowing Arabic undertand that you mean to thank him?

Similarly we say "Fi Amanullah" meaning "may Allah protect you" - by way of saying good-bye.

If you are saying that to someone who does not know Arabic, you will have to say it in a language best understood by your listener and that is part of Islamic etiqette.

Thus the words Khuda hafiz/Allah hafiz are prefered to bye-bye and ta-ta. among urdu speaking people.

And we commonly say,

BarakAllahu feekum (May Allah bless you) - when responding to someone’s thanks.

Subhaanallah (glory be to Allah) - for praising something

Insha Allah (if Allah wishes) - for expressing a desire to do something

Astaghfirullah (I beg Allah for forgiveness) - repenting for sins before Allah

Maa shaa Allah (as Allah has willed) - for expressing appreciation of something good.

However in my opinion, if your listener does not understand the meaning of what you wish to convey, it would be better to say the meaning in a commonly understood language.
Nadir

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Friday, August 8, 2008  -  12:11 PM Reply with quote
There is no harm to say, "Allah hafiz".

Every matter is not mentioned in Quran and the sunnah.

Is saying, "Allah hafiz" against any directive in Quran and the sunnah?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker