Next page >>
Page 4 of 7

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 13, 2006  -  1:20 PM Reply with quote
salaam

see this issue is not of one going against sunnah or not, going to mosque is a persoanl choice yes the Prophet PBUH did recommend women pray at home but then it also says in hadiths "that if they want to go dont stop them" so to me this becomes a personal choice dont forget the hadiths is sunnah as well.
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 13, 2006  -  11:02 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaykum
dear sister to a certain extent i agree with you and if you read my posts again you will see i have in fact mentioned that the prophet s.a.w did say do not stop them but if you love someone and want to do what they do or say then surly if they recommend you stay at home to pray then thats what you would do. we attempt as muslims to emulate mohammed s.a.w in all that he would say and do surley this would fall into the same catagory wouldnt it or was it not said by Allah subanawa taalla that the best example for man was mohammed s.a.w. Was it not said that he the prophet s.a.w was sent to man as a guidance. please correct me if i am wrong.
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, September 3, 2006  -  8:49 PM Reply with quote
A woman in her menses has to abstain from the following: Salaat, entering
the Musjid, touching and reciting the Qur'aan and from sexual intercourse.

She may engage in any form of Dhikr. Also, she may recite the Du'aas
mentioned in the holy Qur'aan. However, these are recited as Du'aas and not
as Tilaawat (recitation). If she is a teacher, she may teach the children by
reciting one or two words of the Qur'aan at a time. Yes, there is a Hadith
prohibiting women from entering the Musjid during their menses.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED AND APPROVED CORRECT: Mufti Ebrahim Desai
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, September 3, 2006  -  8:51 PM Reply with quote
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, 'I do not permit the Musjid
for a menstruating woman and an impure (Junubi) person.' (Mishkaat vol.1)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
FATWA DEPT.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, September 6, 2006  -  7:31 AM Reply with quote
The visits of the women to the mosques for regular prayers is Makrooh in the eyes of Hanafi scholars, so in those countries or regions where Hanafis are in majority there are no separate sections for the prayer of women.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, September 6, 2006  -  7:32 AM Reply with quote
The visits of the women to the mosques for regular prayers is Makrooh in the eyes of Hanafi scholars, so in those countries or regions where Hanafis are in majority there are no separate sections for the prayer of women.

In Prophet’s time and later in Abu Bak’r era, a number of women prayed in the mosques five times a day. However the majority of them prayed in their houses except for Friday prayer and the two Idds. A majority prayed in their homes because the Prophet (Pbuh) preferred it for them. Narrated Umme Salma that the Prophet (Pbuh) said: The best mosque for the women is the most secluded room of their houses. (Musnad-e-Ahmad)

Later when many evils crept in the society, the ladies visits to the mosques became still less advisable for fear of evil teasers especially for Fajr and Isha. It is well known that Hazrat Umar did not like his wife Aatika’s visit to the mosques. Aatika knew it but continued praying in the mosque saying, If you want to keep me from going to the mosque I shall forsake it only if you forbid in clear cut words. Hazrat Umar never forbade her as the Prophet (Pbuh) had said: Do not bar the bondswomen of Allah from visiting the mosques (for prayers) though their homes are better for them. (Abu Dawood, Ahmad)

If your women ask your permission to come to mosques at night (for Maghrib and Isha), then let them come. (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmizi, Nasai)

Hazrat Umar could not forbid her but he thought of another way of making her understand. One early morning when Aatika was going to the mosque, he threw a pebble on her from a dark corner. Aatika became scared thinking it the act of some scoundrel and abandoned going to the mosque for prayers.

Later when the evils grew still more, Hanafi scholars ruled that the visits of women to the mosque (for prayers) became Makrooh. (Fatawa Aalamgiri)

The times and needs have changed since then. At the time of the above ruling of Hanafi scholars, women had no compulsion to pray in the mosques. Though the evils are more widespread today, the social needs have compelled women to come out of their homes for other needs, like shopping, education and jobs. If a lady is in her college, place of work or a public place at the time of a prayer, she has no alternative other than praying in a lawn before the eyes of a large number of men or skip the Salat at its appointed hour. Both of the above are undesirable. Her praying in a mosque in a separate section secluded for women would have been much better than in any other place where she becomes a singular source of attraction. Not praying at the time of prayer is also not permitted by Quran. It declares: Salat at appointed hours has been enjoined on the believers. (4:103)

The best course today is to provide a women’s section in all the mosques, which could be closed, for Fajr and Isha prayers, the two being in the dark hours. The women who are out of their homes for different needs should be permitted to pray at the appointed time of a Salat in the mosques at Zohar, Asr and Maghrib. The information that women’s Salat is preferred in their houses may be displayed in their section to educate and inform those women who might wish to visit the mosques though they could have easily prayed at their homes. If such women still come to the mosque for some prayers from their houses, they may not be barred in the light of Hadiths of the Prophet (pbuh). It is time that the Hanafi scholars reconsider their earlier fatwa.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, September 12, 2006  -  2:51 PM Reply with quote
we are really pleased with the interest you all hv shown in this topic and looks like our sisters do luv masjid..which is a sign of iman mash'Allahah :) also it looks quite clear that women were encouraged to visit masjids for jumah and eid salahs in order to learn about religion from the khutbahs and also for social interaction with other ladies of the community;however not making it obligatory considering their other responsibilities which can keep them tied up at home. today this sort of interaction is highly recommended by many community voluntary organizations in advanced societies in order to prevent depression, domestic violence, isolation etc. our religion gives this opportunity generously and in a safe and modest environment, alhamdulillah.plz continue your useful comments and discussion. wassala'm wa rehmatullah
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, September 9, 2007  -  3:37 PM Reply with quote
As ramadan is just a few days away now, it's time that sisters check with their local masjids regarding the arrangement for them and children for taraweeh prayers, friday prayers, any time for sitting together for Qur'an reading and religious study-during and after Ramadan to continue even for the rest of the year.

We(some local community lady representatives) also had a meeting with our local masjid committee yesterday which was fruitful. Also we have put in our application to create space for atleast two ladies members in the committee as presently although we can send our concerns to the comittee but there isnt any female member; whereas as a general rule of the land all organizations must have female representatives.

Our request has been noted and we look fwd to positve results insh'Allah

Edited by: studyingislamuk on Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:09 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, September 28, 2007  -  10:36 AM Reply with quote
a pic of some extra space in the masjid for women. the local ladies have appealed for and got the masjid library space as well during ramadan besides this part of the hall which theyhad already.
it's to share and inspire sisters to make efforts to get space in their area masjids.
insh'Allah sisters will be observing basic ada'b e masjid i.e. remaining quiet during khutbah, avoiding worldly talk in the masjid, keeping the hall and bathrooms, passageway and stairs clean, keeping our little children as quiet as possible, etc. so that the masjid admin does not have a reason to keep us away from Allah's house

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

this pic was taken before the fri khutbah. by the time the khutbah and formal prayers begin, the hall is full mash'Allah and the library packed with mothers and children.
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, October 1, 2007  -  6:47 PM Reply with quote
sisters even joining the janazah salah after friday prayer

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, October 12, 2007  -  8:10 AM Reply with quote
the prophet sws encouraged women to join in eid khutbah(sermon) and eid prayers in the masjid; even if we are not praying, must try and join with our families.
for eid mubarak
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, September 17, 2008  -  4:34 PM Reply with quote
Times Radios:
womens rep. in uk mosques
also they asked me if i thought there was enough representation of women in the uk mosques to which i said women are allowed to join in the prayers in most uk masjids but representation in mosque committees is something we are struggling for. although the MINAB constitution entails that mosque committees shud hv one woman and one youth rep but most mosque committees are formed of traditional 'buzurgs' /elderly of the community and despite requesting, most are not happy to offer a space to a woman and a youth on the decision making table

rgds
h
Nadir

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Wednesday, September 24, 2008  -  2:53 PM Reply with quote
Nadir

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Wednesday, September 24, 2008  -  2:55 PM Reply with quote
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, October 16, 2008  -  11:41 PM Reply with quote
N;ur pics are better than mine.which masjid is this and where? u can say from mine, most are older ladies; hence lots of chairs and broken queues. we also took the pics from the back because not all ladies wish to be seen on internet and if we do, we must take their consent. btw did you take the consent from these ladies in ur pics before putting up their pics on internet here?(our tech dept has allowed these pics. i hope they remembered to check with u first )

anyways...wat do you all say about this email i recvd tonite

Assalaam o Alaikum warahmatullah

Brothers & Sisters it probably would be the 1st fitna of 21st centuary is going to take place in UK, as the 1st so called female muslim scholar to lead jumah prayer in oxford, england, Dr Amina Wadud, will lead jumah on 17th oct at the oxford centre. Muslims do dua that this act does not take place. The event is organisd by MECO, Muslim Educational Centre of Oxford. MECO is actually established by a group of so called muslims who consider themselves 'the progressive british muslims'. They also organize 'International Muslim Music Festival' in every summer since 2005.

http://www.meco.org.uk/

The holy Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasalam) said: 'Whoever sees an evil, stop it with hand, if cannot do so by the tongue, & if can not do that then you must feel it is wrong in your heart & that is the lowest level of faith.' (bukhari).

Jazak'Allah Khair
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, October 17, 2008  -  4:44 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaykum

sisters i am deeply distressed by what i am seeing and hearing on this site at this particular post firstly pictures of living creatures with eyes are haram whether we have the persons permission or not. Allah curses the picture makers hadith bukhari.
secondly to display these pics on the internet where they can be looked at freely by males is also i believe haram. come on sisters have some taqwah may allah guide us all ameen.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next page >>
Page 4 of 7

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker