1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 21, 2005  -  7:37 PM Reply with quote
quote:

You said: Does Islam allows the assassination of the president of the oppressing nation without incurring any sin?

Why don't you look at what the prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) did? His nation was oppressed by tyrant rulers in Mecca. Did he assinate the Quraish leaders, did he assinate Abu Lahb? I think the answer is very clear.

I hope this will end this sik discussion.

Asalam Aalaikum,

Well I donot agree with your example of Quraish, the entire population of Makkah was not oppressed by Quraish it was only poors and slaves who had to face such oppression.
The Custom and Tradition of Makkah during that time was basically in favour of the rich but against the poors.

By the way what do you mean by oppressing nation? By the term "oppressing nation" it seems that the nation is oppressing ,you should use the phrase "oppressed nation".

Regards,
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 22, 2005  -  9:21 AM Reply with quote
As-Salaamu Alaikum Student1,

>>By the way what do you mean by oppressing nation? By the term "oppressing nation" it seems that the nation is oppressing ,you should use the phrase "oppressed nation".

If you read the whole forum you will know that the situation here is involving two nations. One is an oppressing and the other is oppressed. The president here belongs to the oppressing one.

I hope it is clear now.

Edited by: nauman on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:22 AM
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Thursday, November 24, 2005  -  10:10 PM Reply with quote
salam
Quote - Let me say here that the assassination is not about taking revenge or it is someone’s personal agenda. It is a political decision.
If we take the literal meanings of assassination, not only Islam but other religion also condemns it. It is never lawful. Assassination is killing in a secret way/by deceiving/cheating. Islam never allows such type of attitude of anyone but, on contrary, requires implementation of all the commandments regarding any punishment, openly.
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 25, 2005  -  7:10 AM Reply with quote
As-Salaamu Alaikum Zulfee,

>> Quote: If we take the literal meanings of assassination, not only Islam but other religion also condemns it. It is never lawful. Assassination is killing in a secret way/by deceiving/cheating.

It seems that you are missing the whole picture here. The two countries are at war. I think you are also forgetting that the president is in charge of the country’s affairs and backing up the decision of injustice i.e. one who has endorsed the oppression.

>> Quote: Islam never allows such type of attitude of anyone but, on contrary, requires implementation of all the commandments regarding any punishment, openly.

This can only happen in a peaceful country.

Please do not forget the Hope part also.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, December 30, 2006  -  10:59 PM Reply with quote
The middle east news hv really disturbed me since a while and specially last night.
execution on eid day... I cud not hold back my cries and tears.not being sad particularly for the person(although even looking at the face does give a tragic feeling) but whilst I trembled with fear imagining Allah's anger generally in the present times and that it is high time for the muslim ummah to ask forgiveness in the Divine presence; for ourselves as individuals as well as a nation.
Reading the 1st group of surahs(fatiha to maida) in detail re: the attitudes of previous nations which hv been condemned by the Lord and what we muslims hv been adapting.
Sacterinism and ignorance has given nations nothing but humility and destruction.It's high time that we muslims specially in Pakistan stop splitting in the name of sectors and concentrate on educating ourselves and our children; 'cause unity and education are the values which hold some hope in the growing darkness.

anyway, like every year, a happy and a sad Eid Mubarak

http://www.syrianstory.com/images/Eid.gif

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker