Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
bilal_sahib

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, December 2, 2005  -  7:29 PM Reply with quote
Christmas...

As-Salamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters...

Please don't be put off by the length of this- 'tis my first time!!

We had a really interesting Khutbah today about Christmas at school (thanks Mr Waheed!!).

We were given a really good explanation of how we should love Isa (AS), and believe in how he, through the help of Allah, cured the sick and performed so many miracles.... Obviously, unlike in Christianity, we should not believe that Isa (AS) is the "son of God", and that it is a major sin to claim this, and is a major sin to claim that Mary was found pregnant with child of the Holy Ghost (Matthew 1:18)...

It is really really wrong to claim that Isa (AS) was the son of "the Holy Ghost" and Mary, and we are effectively celebrating the birth of he who Christians believe is the "son of God" by taking part in Christmas celebrations, or exchanging Christmas greetings in the runup to Christmas at school etc...

Erm... im sorta new to this forum, so does anyone have any comments on my post and what I'm trying to say?? (any criticism much welcomed !)
Jazakallah

Wassalam
Bilal
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, December 3, 2005  -  6:43 PM Reply with quote

Salamz dude ^_^

thanks for the post, its great to see young people saying something instead of keeping quiet. May Allah reward you Insha'Allah

one part about Mr. Waheed's khutbah...
quote:

It is really really wrong to claim that Isa (AS) was the son of "the Holy Ghost" and Mary, and we are effectively celebrating the birth of he who Christians believe is the "son of God" by taking part in Christmas celebrations, or exchanging Christmas greetings in the runup to Christmas at school etc...

very debatable.

personally, and this is my opinion you dont have to like it but im gonna say it, i feel that we should never block ourselves off from society like this. saying Merry Christmas isnt something that'll land you in hell, but misrepresenting Muslims is something that we should all avoid.

if we make it seem as though we're not allowed to even say merry Christmas, we're going to come across as people who are hostile towards other religions. they say Eid Mubarak to us, we shouldnt be so rude as to not say Merry Christmas to them.

short of joining in with the celebrations, we should adapt to the way this society lives. if they tell you have a nice Christmas, say you too. its just the way things go in this country. educate them by saying that Muslims dont celebrate Christmas but only in a beautiful way.

thats my opinion ^__^

.xXx.
Wasssalam
.xXx.
bilal_sahib

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, December 3, 2005  -  11:39 PM Reply with quote
salaam

agree with you totally- as long as you believe in your heart that Isa (AS) is not the son of God...

I thought it might be nice for Muslims to understand WHY we do not celebrate Christmas, rather than just being told not to....

erm.. i think i phrased the first post a bit harshly, and definitely agree that we should not build tension between Christanity and Islam, and should instead promote Islam as the more inclusive religion that it is, and educate people as to why we do or do not do certain things...

sorry about the harsh post- i am more conservative normally- promise!!it definitely isnt blasphemy to accept different cultures, or adopt to them and wish people a merry christmas- as long as you don't promote anything against Islam....

well I did write it late at night, so i sorta have an excuse.
Still remember that you shouldn't compare anything to Allah, or claim that Isa AS is his son!!!
wassalam
bilal
bilal_sahib

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, December 3, 2005  -  11:50 PM Reply with quote
Salams- anyone there???
Salams people- erm... as i said im new to these forums, and when paged through them it seems to be just the same, select few people who are posting messages...

If there are any other young dudes out there who are reading these forums, dont be scared to post whatever you think- thats what the forums are here for!! if you wanna start a new topic, go ahead- I will be more than happy to join in, Insha'Allah. If you have ANYTHING to say about Islam, or want to ask something, do it!

erm... do you think i should say this somewhere else moderator (feels weird calling you moderator hehe)?? i doubt anyone is gonna be reading here after my essays above

wassalam,
bilal
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 5, 2005  -  3:50 PM Reply with quote

Salamz ^_^

okay, i have a rule in my life and that rule is followed strictly by those who wish not to incur my wrath. That rule is: if i have any sort of status *eg, being a moderator* dont act as though i deserve a special nickname for it. basmah's fine. if you're younger than me, please refrain from calling me aunty or baaji *it really gets on my nerves*. it was 'basmah' 15 years ago and its 'basmah' now so, wether you like it or not, IM BASMAH not 'Moderator'... understood? ^_^ i sure hope so.

anyway, as a moderator of this forum, of course i have to say a lot of things and im normally one of the few people who's gob is always yapping away -so if you see me posting everywhere, dont get shocked, it's my job.

as for the others who post frequently: MASHA'ALLAH! keep up the good work! ya'll deserve a cookie ^_^

i really do wish that other people who are <15 would talk more on here too. i think, maybe, they're a wee bit shy to discuss some of the topics etc...

what i have to say to that is:

ITS OKAY WE'VE BEEN THERE WE UNDERSTAND

it may sound like a cliche and all but its true. ive probably experienced a lot of things that other people have experienced and if you guys wanna talk about it im here *and, apparently, so is bilal*

so what i want to say, as an old and weak sister to a younger Muslim generation, is: dudes, dudettes, fear no more. you have nothing to be ashamed of and there is NOTHING that you cant post on this forum *well there are some things but im sure you know what i mean ^_^*

Wassalam
.xXx.
Bas
.xXx.
bilal_sahib

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 5, 2005  -  4:18 PM Reply with quote
agreed.
bilal_sahib

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 5, 2005  -  4:28 PM Reply with quote
agreed...

well it would be boring to just say "agreed", so perhaps I should add that with pretty much all of the young minds' topics, there have been literally HUNDREDS of people reading them, but only a few people replying... look at the "underage" topic- 66 people have viewed it but there is not a single reply!!!!

surely there must be people out there who want to say something after reading them- it takes hardly any time to reply- just type and click "post reply"...

come on peoples...
wassalam
bilal
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 5, 2005  -  6:59 PM Reply with quote

Salamz ^_^

lol maybe theres 66 views because i kept checking if someone had said anything XD

no you're right people should say something. its gone ignored so far but someone should say something

someone like me

since im the moderator

infact, im gonna email everyone with the following message:

OI if you post ill give you a cookie

okay?

awesome

expect an email in your inbox that says OI IF YOU POST ILL GIVE YOU A COOKIE

okay??

Wassalam
.xXx.
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 6, 2005  -  4:10 PM Reply with quote

Salamz

just to let you know:

AGENDA FULFILLED

NINJA MISSION 001 COMPLETE
TASK: SEND EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER POSTED ON THIS FORUM AN EMAIL SAYING 'IF YOU POST I'LL GIVE YOU A COOKIE'

END REPORT

XD

if you didnt get one, TELL ME and ill send you one ^__^

.xXx.
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 6, 2005  -  4:12 PM Reply with quote

Salamz

an EMAIL that is. not a cookie. you only get those in Jannah *if i make it Insha'Allah XD*

.xXx.
bilal_sahib

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, December 8, 2005  -  9:51 PM Reply with quote
hehe

must go to sleep now or i will miss the train again ...

wassalam
bilal

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker