nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Tuesday, December 27, 2005  -  5:32 PM Reply with quote
tattoes?

are tattoes haram?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 28, 2005  -  7:42 AM Reply with quote
Well, If it's JUST painting & Coloring on the BODY then It's NOT Haram unless there is Some haram thing in it i.e. any Picture that Falls in the Category of "Fuhsh" or " Shirk"
&
Plz Note again that Tattoes shud be Of Painting etc. on the BODY & NOT Harming the BODY like Digging etc.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, December 29, 2005  -  11:24 AM Reply with quote
AOA,
What do u mean ... placing the debate of Haram one side what one person without Haram ingredients can paint and digged his body and can show... well.. it goes to sabotage the spirit of Haya and morality..kindly clarify.
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 30, 2005  -  10:53 PM Reply with quote

Salamz dude ^_^

okay haram? only the things in the Quraan that Allah has mentioned are haraam

BUT

tattoes are frowned upon medically and perhaps Islamically because you can easily get aids from the needles and they put alcohol into your blood etc. so you have to be careful

tattoes are not haraam but they are very bad for the body that Allah has blessed you with. take care of the blessing that you have been given and dont get a tattoe :P

hope that helped ^_^

.xXx. Wassalam
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, December 31, 2005  -  9:47 PM Reply with quote
but like i heard frm sumwhere
dat da tatto is haram coz da body is been given to us by allah and we shuld return it to him unharmed
can u please clearify this for me?
thank you
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, January 10, 2006  -  11:25 PM Reply with quote
you said……….dat da tatto is haram coz da body is been given to us by allah and we shuld return it to him unharmed

Ur point is well based.
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 22, 2006  -  4:56 PM Reply with quote
so does dis mean tattooes are haram
gohar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 27, 2006  -  4:12 AM Reply with quote
quote:

but like i heard frm sumwhere
dat da tatto is haram coz da body is been given to us by allah and we shuld return it to him unharmed
can u please clearify this for me?
thank you

nuttynum!
So when we have our body in this world, does this mean its not in Allah's jurisdiction any more?

When we die, does our body have any significance then?

Do u think anything been proclaimed haram is coz Allah and his crew (farishthas) do not like it personally and it will not have good effects on the enviorment of paradise?

or does Allah need ur body for re-incarnation of souls?

or is he short of human limbs?

If u think haram in the sense what quran has mentioned in some areas than does it say anywhere in quran about tatoo or anything related to it?
Now if you want to take ur advises from Quran than y dont u study it first and then ask anything if u have confusions about it.

y dont u just simply ask the right question?
which is,
what is meant by haram?

and c if u get a satisying answer?
to get to know things better, u need to ask the right question but if u really mean to get to know things?

Edited by: gohar on Friday, January 27, 2006 4:30 AM
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, February 1, 2006  -  10:49 AM Reply with quote
Peace be upon you dear confused,

God has provided us with a scripture that is complete, perfect and fully detailed. And we know through God's scripture that NOTHING shall abrogate His words.

[6:115] The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.
We also know that Quran is our only valid and divine source of law.

Which Hadith?*
[45:6] These are GOD's revelations that we recite to you truthfully. In which Hadith other than GOD and His revelations do they believe?

Everything needed for our salvation is contained in the Quran.

[6:51] And preach with this (Quran) to those who reverence the summoning before their Lord - they have none beside Him as a Lord and Master, nor an intercessor - that they may attain salvation.

Traditionalists have made up their own books called Hadith and Sunna which were NOT said by the prophet. In these fabricated books; there are many many prohibitions that were not prohibited by God. God tells us that He doesn't run out of words, therefore God doesn't forget to let us know what is prohibited and what isn't.

The Quran: Everything We Need
[18:109] Say, "If the ocean were ink for the words of my Lord, the ocean would run out, before the words of my Lord run out, even if we double the ink supply."

If we are to prohibit anything beside what God has given us, we would be setting up other sources besides God's scripture and therefore fall into the category of idol worship.

Quran: Fully Detailed*
[6:114] Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?* Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt.

*6:113-115 Upholding any source beside the Quran reflects disbelief in the Quran (Appendix 18).

Traditionalists prohibit many things including growing out your nails, wearing wigs, tattoos, piercing, etc. Many people would start asking why are they really prohibited.
However I do not find anything in God's infallible scripture that prohibits such things.

However, God does tell us to maintain our modesty:

You Shall Dress Modestly
[24:60] The elderly women who do not expect to get married commit nothing wrong by relaxing their dress code, provided they do not reveal too much of their bodies. To maintain modesty is better for them. GOD is Hearer, Knower.

God also tells us to subdue our eyes, having flamboyant tattoos and piercing may provide lots of eyes to be focused on the individual:

Dress Code for Believers*
[24:30] Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their chastity. This is purer for them. GOD is fully Cognizant of everything they do.

God also doesn't like show-offs or people that are just obnoxiously loud:

[8:47] Do not be like those who left their homes grudgingly, only to show off, and in fact discouraged others from following the path of GOD. GOD is fully aware of everything they
do.

Most of all, God tells us to not to expose yourself too much. In my opinion this doesn't only refer to the dress code, but also to walk humbly (don't stick yourself out purposely from a crowd) and not to be obnoxious (which is another sense of having yourself sticking out of a crowd)

[31:18] "You shall not treat the people with arrogance, nor shall you roam the earth proudly. GOD does not like the arrogant showoffs.
[31:19] "Walk humbly and lower your voice - the ugliest voice is the donkey's voice."

Again, none of these verses actually tell us that piercing or tattoos are prohibited. However, these verses teach us some basic social guidelines. We need not to have ourselves sticking out of a crowd (in a sense to showoff or to expose yourself more) We need to be modest, and try our very best not to show off ourselves.

Overall, piercing/tattoos are not prohibited in the Quran. However, we need to decide for ourselves what would be socially acceptable/appropriate and what wouldn't in the light of the context of the whole Quran.

God Bless you,

Samsher
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, February 2, 2006  -  2:59 AM Reply with quote
It may be implicitly said that tattooes are against the nature of things that Allah has made, it is unnatural ie. So it should not be done. It might be the work of the Shaitan, as the Quran quotes the Shaitan saying:

Quran 4.119:
Verily, I will mislead them, and surely, I will arouse in them false desires; and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allâh." And whoever takes Shaitân (Satan) as a Walî (protector or helper) instead of Allâh, has surely suffered a manifest loss
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, February 2, 2006  -  5:18 AM Reply with quote
) Narrated 'Aun bin Abu Juhaifa: My father bought a slave who practiced the profession of cupping. (My father broke the slave's instruments of cupping). I asked my father why he had done so. He replied, "The Prophet forbade the acceptance of the price of a dog or blood, and also forbade the profession of tattooing, getting tattooed and receiving or giving Riba, (usury), and cursed the picture-makers." (Sahih Bukhari,Book #34, Hadith #299)
gohar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, February 2, 2006  -  12:05 PM Reply with quote
nuttynum,
meri nahi tho shamsher ki baath samajh main aani chaheye..

Edited by: gohar on Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:05 PM
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 5, 2006  -  9:23 PM Reply with quote
jazakallah khair
hopefully this information will answer the debate i had with my friend over tattoes.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker