Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
nads786

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Saturday, January 7, 2006  -  9:58 PM Reply with quote
Stay Sharp !

Once upon a time a very strong woodcutter asked for a job in a timber merchant, and he got it. The pay was really good and so were the work conditions. For that reason,the woodcutter was determined to do his best.

His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he was supposed to work. The first day, the woodcutter brought 18 trees.

"Congratulations," the boss said. "Go on that way!" Very motivated for the boss' words, the woodcutter try harder the next day,but he only could bring 15 trees. The third day he try even harder, but he only could bring 10 trees. Day after day he was bringing less and less trees.

"I must be losing my strength", the woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.

"When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" the boss asked. "Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees."

Our lives are like that. We sometimes get so busy that we don't take time to sharpen the axe." In today's world, it seems that everyone is busier than ever, but less happy than ever. Why is that? Could it be that we have forgotten how to stay sharp?

There's nothing wrong with activity and hard work. But God doesn't want us to get so busy that we neglect the truly important things in life, like taking time to pray, to read. We all need time to relax, to think and meditate, to learn and grow.

If we don't take time to sharpen the axe, we will become dull and lose our effectiveness. So start today. Think about the ways by which you could do your job more effectively and add a lot of value to it.

how many of you kids here really stay sharp with faith
bilal_sahib

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, January 14, 2006  -  2:15 PM Reply with quote
Thats such a nice story Masha'Allah! It really puts life into perspective....

we have less and less time every day with school and work to just stop and think about life, and Islam, and why we do the things that we do.. I find that just talking to other muslims and talking to my parents really helps- we waste a lot of time (MSN ) when we could be doing this...

before you go to sleep, or if you are just staying up watching TV, try to talk to your parents about Islam- i've found that it really helps, and once you gt into a deep discussion all of your problems and worries seem to disappear, and it really does help strengthen your faith, learn more about Islam and help you understand WHY we live according to the Qu'ran, and how it benefits us....

try and take a bit of time out like this and insha'Allah you will make your life make more sense, and much easier....

thanks for another great post Nadia! Please please keep them coming!

wasalaam
bilal
nads786

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, January 14, 2006  -  4:21 PM Reply with quote
ooo you naughty person you should spend more time studying lol i suppose everybody gets abit derailed in life but the main thing is that we get back on track and remember the most important things that we cherish and love and the MSn time lol i spend ages on that too when i should really be spending more time on university work oh welll i suppose theres always time for improvement

take care
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, January 21, 2006  -  5:58 PM Reply with quote

Salamz all ^_^

Masha'Allah nads again a wonderful addition to our young minds forum ^_^

and yes, we must think about Islam and contemplate but what is the point if we do not PRACTICE? i mean, you can think about sharpening your pencil all you want but until you pick up a sharpner and DO something, that pencil will stay as blunt as the woodcutters axe, wont it?

practice is what truly sharpens your faith. we cant be so slouchy and lazy about Salah and such aspects. Salah is one of the pillars that upholds your building of Islam and without it, the whole thing will collapse. *thanks bilal for the link i downloaded the thingy ma jig without any difficulty Alhamdulillah*

and time is such a precious precious thing. i know i waste it a lot too but if you think about it like this its a lot harder to waste it so much: imagine that it is raining diamonds from dusk til dawn and all the time in between. would you stay inside your house, sitting at the computer on MSN and wasting your time reading japanese comics (thats what i do hehe XP) or would you get outside and collect as many diamonds as possible?

brothers and sisters, we are being soaked to the bone by Allah's rewards. we have so many opportunities to get a huge bagful of diamonds, we have so many opportunities to collect all this reward, simply by praying, doing zikr, thanking Allah, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and yet...we spend it talking aimlessly to our friends, we spend it watching shows that are in a language we dont even speak (yes yes ill stop watching so much japanese stuff) and we WASTE it brothers and sisters. we WASTE it.

all of this accumulates, all of it piles up, and then it all fades away. soon there wont be time for MSN, soon there wont be time for japanese comics / shows, soon we will be too old to enjoy any of it. soon it will all be gone and we will wish desperately that we had thought about Islam and practiced Islam in the days when we were young, in the days when we should have been preparing for our old age -it is so much harder to get into the practice of truly loving Allah if we delay it for tomorrow. oh i will read the Quraan tomorrow, oh i will do this tomorrow, oh i will do that tomorrow, oh ill be a proper Muslim tomorrow - NO brothers and sisters.

ISLAM IS NOT TOMORROW, it is NEVER tomorrow, Islam is NOT later, it is NEVER later, brothers and sisters Islam is NOW. and i know im going very much off topic but if we do not sharpen our minds now, then they will Astaghfirullah become so blunt that we will either have a far more difficult time sharpening up or we will simply not sharpen up at all.

Brothers and Sisters, contemplation (sp?) and practice are NOW, not later, if we are going to cut these thick trees of a rapidly falling society we are going to have to sharpen our axes TODAY.

i hope you erm...read all that XD

Wassalam .xXx.
bilal_sahib

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, January 21, 2006  -  6:32 PM Reply with quote
this will prob draw more attention than basmahs and nads' thingies above SO TAKE 2 MINS TO READ THEM THEY ARE AWESOMMEEEEEE (please?)

very inspiring... it really is true- we take so much for granted and dont realise how much we can do and how much we are missing out on....

the diamonds are LAUGHING at us people XD!!

really great post nads and basmah i need to go take some creative writing lessons or somethng now to get peoples attention

wassalam
bilal
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, January 21, 2006  -  6:48 PM Reply with quote

Salamz ^_^

HEH THIS HAD BETTER GET THE ATTENTION BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

erm yeah

before i go off topic again

really btother, you can just say anything on the Young Minds forum as long as it is Islamical and Inspirational. infact it doenst even have to be inspirational, just Islamical or something because thats what this forum is here for:

TO LET OFF SOME ISLAMICAL STEAM!

Wassalam
.xXx.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker