Next page >>
Page 2 of 5

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
bismeen

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 2, 2004  -  2:45 PM Reply with quote
asalam alekum
Being a doctor and a muslim i think its very easy to express my feeling on that question ,yes we can save human lives but only by the knowledge given by ALLAH and belief on him.some time ALLAH does remind us this fact when despite our all effort and we cant save life and at that point i always believe that there is ALLAH who has control on our lives and the whole world is HIS creatio.
thanks
bismeen
bilkis

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, May 6, 2004  -  11:00 PM Reply with quote
we are God's channels in bringing His healing to the people who need it. in addition doctors are highly knowledgeable people and they use it to save humanity as it says in Quran that one who saves a life is like saving the whole humanity.
doctors can also help people by reassuring and providing emotional healing instead of physical opinion alone.
best wishes
dr. bilqees
safaa

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 16, 2004  -  3:40 PM Reply with quote
i must admit we doctors r either very busy with work and wen off work we become lemons!
when i am working i personally feel i have to work very hard. even if i was not a doctor and was doing some other job, i wuld work in the same way. as we egyptians are known to be hardworkers i hope... if i say very honestly i do not all the time think that i am doing this to please god an i will get reward for every patient i see. with time we get so used to our work that it becomes just like cooking food and cleaning house as it is for a house wife.and specially in todays busy and materialistic time but i think if we keep this in our minds always, then even when we wake up in the middle of the night for a call to save a life, we can b cheerful and smiling instead of having a long and hard face.then all the doctors who will think in this way will be happy and will pass on happiness to their patients. and this can be true for all of you in any profession.
salamaleikum warehmatula

Edited by: safaa on Sunday, May 16, 2004 4:11 PM

Edited by: safaa on Sunday, May 16, 2004 4:13 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 24, 2004  -  4:40 AM Reply with quote
The Oath Of A Doctor

I swear by God, the Great, to regard God in carrying out my profession;

To protect human life in all states and under all circumstances, doing my utmost to rescue it from death, malady, pain and anxiety;

To keep people’s dignity, cover their privacies and lock up their secrets; To be all the way an instruement of God’s mercy, extending my medical care to near and far, virtous and sinner, and friend and enemy;

To strive in the pursuit of knowledge and harnessing it for the benefit, but not the harm of mankind;

To rever my teacher, teach my junior and be brother to members of the medical profession; joined in peity and charity.....

To live my faith in private and in public, avoiding whatever blemishes me in the eyes of God, his apostles and my faithful;

And may God be witness to this Oath. Amen
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, August 16, 2004  -  10:49 PM Reply with quote
Rcvd from

Dr."Dr. Akhlaq Hussain" <musaakhlaq@hotmail.com>

--------
Assalamo-Alaikum,
I am visiting your websites with great interest and will continue, Insha-Allah. You are treating not only the sick bodies but also sick faiths. This is one of the blessings of God to you. May he facilitate you to maintain this great mission of Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him), Amen!
I have gone through your biography and the views of different persons about “The role of doctors in our lives” only. It is very difficult to comment individually; however you will find the overall commentary as I am highlighting my ideas to the best of my knowledge of Islam. May God forgive? He knows better.
Being Muslims we have to believe in the time of death. According to Holy Quran the firstmost criterion of Muslims and one who has fear of God is

That means one who believes in that one can not see e.g. in Grave, QIAMAT, heaven, hell and many others. Therefore, in Holy Quran man is said to be JAHIL (believes in that he can not see) who took the responsibility blindly, given by God when all other creatures excused to take it.
The role of the doctors is to be a cause or a source to facilitate the process. But we are helpless in spite of presence of all the possible sources. Why? This is explained as follows.
When Hazrat Adam (Aleh-Salm) and his wife Hazrat Hawwa (Aleh-Salm) disobeyed God, they were taken out of heaven and brought to earth and their all privileges (as in heaven) were withdrawn. They were ordered to work hard on the earth and leave the results on the will or mercy of God. Similarly no one can qualify for heaven but as God likes. So this is a sort of punishment forever, imposed by God on the human beings. Now, to reduce this punishment we will have to please God. The concept of DUA is to appear before God, handcuffed like criminals and very much inferior like beggars as they pay different praising and praying sweet words to get only one rupee. God’s pleasure leads to miracles and his help chases the man.
There are two pathways to receive pleasure of God.
Firstly God wants to be praised every time. This is the most favourite of him. Therefore he created angels, JINNS, human beings and many other creatures. All these whether living or nonliving worship and praise him every time. Every particle (even protons, neutrons and electrons) in the universe is busy to please him. In Holy Quran all those AYAT which carry praises of God, give maximum reward after their recitation. Therefore recitation of SURAT- FATIHA & SURAT- IKHLAS (3 times) provides the reward equal to that of reciting a whole Quran.
Secondly, as Allama Iqbal said

There is absolutely no capacity of third way in Islam. These two motorways produce acceleration every moment and every breath, which influences the outcomes in our lives. I am not hesitating to apply here Newton's second law of motion, which states, as “The acceleration of an object produced by a net force is directly proportional to the magnitude of that force, in the same direction as the force, and inversely proportional to the mass of the object”.

From the above equation, it is obvious that the acceleration is increased by increasing the force, and decreased by increasing the mass.
Someone asked Hazrat Ali (Razi-Allah Anho) to know about outcomes or fates. How much control we have? Hazrat Ali (Razi-Allah Anho) replied, three fourths, same as a horse can lift his three legs but not the fourth one, which can not be lifted. This three fourth is hard work and one fourth is will of God that can be achieved as I have discussed above. So the main factor seems to be in the three fourth for which we have been ordered strictly. God is ready every time to bestow remaining one fourth.
If a mother lifts the baby 9 months in her abdomen and this baby dies during delivery then what is logic of this full term pregnancy. God is running this universe on the logical basis, which we can understand or not. If we face the negative outcome, it may be an examination of the man by God or AZAB by God (I shall discuss these two categories later on, at some other occasion, Insha-Allah).
May God help us and we face best outcomes in various aspects of our lives? Amen!
I wind up with this beautiful saying, which I like very much.
God gives and forgives, man gets and forgets
Allah Hafiz!
Dr. Akhlaq
Pakistan

Edited by: StudyingIslamUK on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 7:31 AM
ajmal

OMAN
Posted - Friday, September 17, 2004  -  7:23 AM Reply with quote
Stomach cancer is most common type in Oman

HEALTH FIRST: Dr Ali Moosa is confident of the success of MoH plans

MUSCAT — About 10 percent of the total cancer patients registered two years ago constitute children, Health Minister Dr Ali bin Mohammed bin Moosa has said.

Above 93 per cent (93.1 per cent) of the 841 cases registered in the Oman National Registry in 2002 were Omanis.

“Fifty three per cent (451 cases) were men. Also, 78 cases were among children aged 14 years and below constituting 10 per cent of the total cancers reported.

“Leukemia’s, lymphomas, followed by neuroblastoma were the commonest cancers seen in this age group,” Dr Ali Moosa told the Times of Oman.

“Overall, the commonest cancer in the Omani population was stomach cancer, followed by leukemia and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. The most common cancer in males was stomach and in females breast, followed by thyroid and stomach,” he said.

“Most cancer cases are treated either medically by chemotherapy or surgically through out all the hospitals in Oman,” Dr Ali Moosa said, adding that the management of all cancers would now be carried out in the new oncology centre. The health minister also revealed that the Sultanate was currently on the final phase of eliminating blinding trachoma. “We hope to complete it (the phase) by next year,” he said.

Emphasising that vision loss was a priority programme in the sixth five-year plan of the MoH, he noted that among other plans to increase the comprehensive eye care was to embark on a glaucoma survey.

Dr Moosa also highlighted the status of the Sultanate’s fight against major diseases like Aids, skin diseases, tuberculosis, malaria, eye and other infectious diseases.

Aids

A chapter on the HIV/Aids has been included in the curriculum of the higher secondary students in the ‘Facts of Life’, MoH publication, Dr Moosa said.

“High risk groups, blood and blood products and blood of non-high risk groups are also screened for HIV and pregnant women are tested for HbsAg, VDRL and HBC,” Dr Ali Moosa added.

The national HIV/Aids/STD prevention and control programme was established in 1987 by forming the national technical and national health education committees for technical assistance to the programme. “This programme, since its initiation, continues to be a priority programme,” Dr Ali Moosa said.

“In order to achieve goals like prevention of HIV transmission, reduction in morbidity and mortality associated with HIV infection and Aids and reduction of the impact on individuals and families, information is provided to the general public and specific groups on Aids/STD through media campaigns, information booklets, seminars and workshops and through peer education programmes,” he said adding that counselling to patients and their families is also an integral part of the programme.

Skin diseases

“Skin diseases are a concern to the MoH and a lot of work is going on in the medical field regarding controlling of skin diseases at different levels,” Dr Moosa said. Dermatological services are provided in all the major hospitals in all the regions and different types of skin diseases like fungal, bacterial and viral are treated. Special types of speciality clinics like photo therapy, laser, allergy clinic, paediatric dermatology, bullous disorder clinic, mycology, chemical peek, dermatopathology, dermatosurgery and leprosy are also conducted, Dr Moosa said.

Tuberculosis

According to the health minister, tuberculosis (TB) has a low incidence in Oman. The estimated incidence rates of all TB cases in 2003 is 11.91 per cent per 100,000 population.

“Oman implemented the DOTS strategy nationwide in 1996 and this has produced remarkable results – 84 per cent detection rate and more than 90 per cent cure rate. Anti-tubercular drugs are under full control of the programme.

“Private clinics and hospitals are not permitted to treat TB cases; it is mandatory to refer them to the nearest MoH facility or referral chest clinic,” Dr Ali Moosa said.

Malaria

Dr Ali Moosa noted that the last indigenous malaria cases were recorded in 1999 and in 2000 the API (annual parasite incidence) was 0.03/10,000 problem. “With the start of the sixth five year plan, the consolidation phase of the national malaria eradication programme (NMEP) began with the objective of strengthening surveillance and epidemic preparedness.

“Last year, a total of 740 cases were recorded, 732 imported and six introduced, one relapse and one cryptic. Forty (40) percent of the cases were Plasmodium falciparum and 59 per cent Plasmodium vivax,” Dr Moosa said.

This is indeed a far cry from the time in the past when malaria was one of the major public health problems in Oman.

The national malaria eradication programmes was launched in Al Sharqiyah region as a pilot project in 1991 to stop local transmission and eliminate the reservoir of infected cases. It was then extended to other regions in phases with the goal of reaching an annual parasite incidence of 1/10,000 population by 2000.

“After the remarkable drop in the number of cases in 1994, investigation and epidemiological classification of all the cases was started.

“A year later, importation of malaria was mainly from East Africa and the Indian subcontinent. Thus, distribution of prophylactic drugs for travellers and screening of passengers from Africa was started.

Eye diseases

Oman is currently undertaking the final phase of the elimination of blinding trachoma for 2005, Dr Ali Moosa revealed.

“Vision loss is a priority programme included in the sixth-five year plan of the MoH. Rehabilitation of low vision children has been initiated. Also, special clinics have been created in all regional hospitals to provide comprehensive and special care to diabetics and glaucoma patients.

“We are also planning to have a glaucoma survey sometime this year,” he said.

Comprehensive eye care is provided through primary and secondary units in all the regions of Oman since 1995. The Vision 2020 document of Oman has placed special emphasis on the six diseases – cataract, trachoma, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, refractive error and corneal diseases.

“Active trachoma is no longer a public health problem in Oman,” Dr Moosa said.

Infectious diseases

According to Dr Ali Moosa, there are currently 40 diseases under the communicable disease surveillance and control programme. “The new and emerging disease like Sars was included under group A by a ministerial decree in 2003. Viral hepatitis is one of the priority communicable disease and specific tests like ELISA were introduced to differentiate viral hepatitis into serotypes A, B, C, D and E from July 2003,” he said.

Also, all blood samples are now processed centrally at the public health laboratory from January 2004.

Since the launch of the EPI in 1981, substantial progress has been made. Immunisation coverage levels have increased substantially from 10 per cent in 1981 to nearly 99 per cent in 2003 and the EPI target diseases have correspondingly declined. The combine vaccine (pentavalent) was introduced in July 2003.

It is worthy to note that to combat the problem of the importation of Sars in Oman, a number of measures were taken in 2003, including the establishment of a quarantine ward, screening of passengers, entry restrictions, etc.

Ajmal Ahmad

Regional Representative ME-AF Chapter

Studying Islam (www.studying-islam.org )
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, September 29, 2004  -  7:50 PM Reply with quote
Assalamo-Alaikum brothers and sisters,
My discussion dated August 16, 2004 contained a few lines in Arabic and Urdu, which were not accepted by the site. The deficiency might cause difficulty in understanding the theme. Therefore I have tried to fulfil that deficiency and pasted the whole article again to make it more convenient.
Being Muslims we have to believe in the time of death. According to Holy Quran the foremost criterion of Muslims and one who has fear of God is
YOMENUNA BILGHAIBE (Baqra-3)
That means one who believes in that one can not see e.g. in Grave, QIAMAT, heaven, hell and many others. Therefore, in Holy Quran man is said to be JAHIL (believes in that he can not see) who took the responsibility blindly, given by God when all other creatures excused to take it.
The role of the doctors is to be a cause or a source to facilitate the process. But we are helpless in spite of presence of all the possible sources. Why? This is explained as follows.
When Hazrat Adam (Aleh-Salm) and his wife Hazrat Hawwa (Aleh-Salm) disobeyed God, they were taken out of heaven and brought to earth and their all privileges (as in heaven) were withdrawn. They were ordered to work hard on the earth and leave the results on the will or mercy of God. Similarly no one can qualify for heaven but as God likes. So this is a sort of punishment forever, imposed by God on the human beings. Now, to reduce this punishment we will have to please God. The concept of DUA is to appear before God, handcuffed like criminals and very much inferior like beggars as they pay different praising and praying sweet words to get only one rupee. God’s pleasure leads to miracles and his help chases the man.
There are two pathways to get pleasure of God.
Firstly God wants to be praised every time. This is the most favourite of him. Therefore he created angels, JINNS, human beings and many other creatures. All these whether living or nonliving worship and praise him every time. Every particle (even protons, neutrons and electrons) in the universe is busy to please him. In Holy Quran all those AYAT which carry praises of God, give maximum reward after their recitation. Therefore recitation of SURAT- FATIHA & SURAT- IKHLAS (3 times) provides the reward equal to that of reciting a whole Quran.
Secondly, as Allama Iqbal said:
KEE MUHAMMAD SEY WAFA TU NEY TO HAM TERE HAIN
YEH JEHAN CHEEZ HAY KIA LAOH HO QALAM TERE HAIN
There is absolutely no capacity of third way in Islam. These two motorways produce acceleration every moment and every breath, which influences the outcomes in our lives. I am not hesitating to apply here Newton's second law of motion, which states, as “The acceleration of an object produced by a net force is directly proportional to the magnitude of that force, in the same direction as the force, and inversely proportional to the mass of the object”. Mathematically, it is explained as under.
a = acceleration
F = Force
M = mass (human body, NAFS or ambitions in the life)
According to the law
a = F/m OR F = ma
From the above equation, it is obvious that the acceleration is increased by increasing the force, and decreased by increasing the mass.
Someone asked Hazrat Ali (Razi-Allah Anho) to know about outcomes or fates. How much control we have? Hazrat Ali (Razi-Allah Anho) replied, three fourths, same as a horse can lift his three legs but not the fourth one, which can not be lifted. This three fourth is hard work and one fourth is will of God that can be achieved as I have discussed above. So the main factor seems to be in the three fourth for which we have been ordered strictly. God is ready every time to bestow remaining one fourth.
If a mother lifts the baby 9 months in her abdomen and this baby dies during delivery then what is logic of this full term pregnancy. God is running this universe on the logical basis, which we can understand or not. If we face the negative outcome, it may be an examination of the man by God or AZAB (Punishment) by God. These are two separate entities.
May God help us and we face best outcomes in various aspects of our lives? Amen!
I wind up with this beautiful saying, which I like very much.
God gives and forgives, man gets and forgets
Allah Hafiz!
Dr. Akhlaq
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 2, 2004  -  10:04 AM Reply with quote
Doctors @ Studying Islam pls note:

(Pls note that my case this lady has mentioned in the beginning(link given) it was extraordinary help from Lord which proves that no matter how hard we work, saver of lives ids Him. I therefore said while presenting it at Oxford last year that "did we really shake the bridge" )

To Dr. HKhan
hkhan135@aol.com
Date 01/10/04

Hi-
I just read your report regarding a ruptured SAA(splenic artery aneurysm) in a woman who was 32 weeks pregnant.

ps

http://www.cpsp.edu.pk/jcpsp/ARCHIEVE/May2004/page298.asp

On May 26, 2001 my baby and I survived a ruptured
splenic artery aneurysm. I was 36 weeks pregnant.

The OB's missed the initial diagnosis of the aneurysm
but did do a emergency c-section after my son showed
severe signs of heart rate on the fetal monitor.

Bottom line is the OB's encountered bleeding
immediately when entering my abdomen and started
transfusing me for blood loss.

They did not call for a surgeon but had their staff
doctor as they were residents come take a look. He
determined the bleeding had stopped and did not cut me
further. They determined this through my c-section
incision.

They took me to recovery where they woke me up and I
was once again screaming in pain. They kept giving me
pain medication in my IV.

I finally went into shock, no pulse was found and a
code blue was called.

The OB's did not know what was wrong with me but a
third year surgery resident responded to the code. He
performed a emergency thoracotomy on be to clamp the
aorta, found the source of bleeding, took my spleen
and performed a distal pancrenectomy. I was intubated
and spent a long time in the ICU and then is an
isolation room due to a MRSA infection.

I received over 34 units of blood, cell saver and
plasma.

I was told my baby and I were the 14th known woman and
baby to have survived this type of aneurysm.

I have a lot of questions about SAA's and now the
prolonged problems of severe thoracotomy pain, reduced
immune fighting abilities because of no spleen which
leave me sick all of the time and the long term
effects of my distal pancrenectomy.

I am grateful to be alive but have not been able to
find much information about what happened to me. I am
unsure why I made it but I want to help educate and/or
help assist doctors all over the world in "thinking
outside of the box" to help a pregnant woman and her
baby to survive this type of trauma.

Since my OB's missed the diagnosis we were told it is
short of a miracle we made it but anything I can do
and anything you can tell me to explain what happened
would be great!

Tiffiny Anderson
USA

Many thanks for this Tiffiny for thinking this way and sharing your experience. May god bless you and your baby. pls see my email for your detailed reply. wassalaam/peace

Edited by: hkhan on Saturday, October 02, 2004 10:09 AM
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 2, 2004  -  8:08 PM Reply with quote
wellll i think sum1s alredy sed this 2...**infact i think my mom sed it?** :P bt ther was once a colony of ants and they went on a huge bridge. they tried 2 shke it best they cud bt they cudnt. a few weeks later (after hitting the gym and working out) they went on the bridge agen. of course, no matter how many weights they lifted, they could NEVER shake that bridge. but an elephant followed them so wen they stepd on it, so did he. the ants dicided that they had shaken the bridge so they strtd yelling WE SHOOK THE BRIGE! bt they hadnt releeee

so doctors dont save lives. GOD DOES!
xXx
ants dont shake bridges. ELEPHANTS DO! ^.^
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 3, 2004  -  9:43 PM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum,
I congratulate Tiffiny Anderson and her baby on their new lives.
I congratulate Dr. Henna Khan too whose blessed hand saved not only the precious lives but also enabled me to write at this site. May she live long and enjoy His more blessings and bounties, Aamen!
Tiffiny Anderson has undergone major surgery twice (c-section & spleenectomy). 34 pints of blood are too much. This is more than three times her own blood as normal total blood volume, in an adult is approximately 4.5 to 5 litres but she still remained protected from the serious complications of the massive blood transfusion which sometimes occur (out of frying pan, into the fire). In spite of these risk factors, may be some more, thanks God she is ok with her baby.
This was all due to the will of God that led to come around all the resources, like competent medical and paramedical staff and others otherwise the patients of ruptured aneurysms in a capacious cavity (peritoneal/abdominal) succumb rapidly, and in ruptured splenic aneurysms the mortality rate is more than 70% and especially the near term pregnant women are more at risk.
Although she has got her spleen removed, life is more important than spleen. She must not worry about the risk of opportunistic infections, which can be effectively controlled by the proper prophylaxis.
I congratulate her once again and pray for her health in the future. As she has a new life, now happily can say “ I am 16 weeks old not 26years”. This is another blessing.
Allah Hafiz!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 9, 2004  -  12:23 PM Reply with quote
many thnx for your heartening comments dear Dr Akhlaq
indeed Lord be p[raised for all good and we b forgiven for the wrong we do. amen

(ps. contd. from Communities forum posting on 09/10/04)

http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/forum.aspx?forumid=36

wa alaykum assalaam dear All

Thank you all for your postings and I will send the relevant contacts to each of you insh'.
Was on call untill this a.m. and was stuck with something of interest to anaesthetists.(Dr.Mujahis note pls )
[Dr Mujahid does not put people to sleep only, rather Wakes Them Up as well. pls note that he is a very helping hand to us, working hard for our sister website n organization, Understanding Islam www.understanding-Islam.org) and is spreading his 'Wake Up' medication as well besides the sedating the needy ]

So was telling about this interesting case I was called for was an overdose of opiate analgesia post laparotomy.
A lovely old lady otherwise was now a totally different person
As i accompanied the nurse to her room, she looked at me and said'hmm! another brat ! who is she? '
'I am the head of the brats' I smiled.

'you two! what are you upto now?'

'I think I'll call Mr.--------(her husband) as you may trust him.
'Ofcourse but I don't trust you girls! You would snatch him away from me Show me your wedding rings!'

Cutting long story short she did not wish the nurses touching her as she thought they would poison her to take her money away.(non med . colleagues note pls;Opiates/Morphine overdose can cause such behaviour easily).

Then she looked at me and asked me to sware upon Bible that I would not be a part of their plan (have to send this puzzle to sr. nadya what is our christian brethren's belief re: swaring upon Bible?) otherwise she would call the police.

As i was thinking to call the our anaesthetist genius colleague who had adviced opiates for analgesia I noted her pinpoint pupils and adviced Naloxone. Things got better later but as you can see all my plans to write to you all were changed as obviously she was the preference.

(NB: pls keep sending interesting incidences including life saving ones from your day to day practice )
kashifsyed

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, October 10, 2004  -  3:02 AM Reply with quote
A very good discussion.I am a surgeon and i start each of my operation with Bismillah and a prayer.My experience has taught me if somethings gonna go wrong it will no matter how hard i try.We had a gastrochisis baby didnt thoght he would make it but he survived and sometimes a simple appendics operation can cause trouble.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, October 10, 2004  -  3:31 PM Reply with quote
yes i think thats the best way and every believer shud be practicing this way. even if working in other countries operating on/treating people from diff. faiths.
like in India you must be treating nonmuslims as well. do you read prayers regardless? i'm sure you do but just for everyone's guidance n advice
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 10, 2004  -  11:11 PM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum,
One of my relatives who is a WAPDA employee has undergone three astonishing incidences with God’s help in miracles.
1. Many years ago he was caught by electricity while working at the top of the electricity pole. He had been hanging with the cords for about half an hour. People gathered there and no one could do some to save him. At last he was shaken by a long bamboo stick, considering him dead. He fell down and after a few minutes started breathing and had not even a single fracture by falling down. He became absolutely fully ok immediately. After this he was married and has his one daughter.
2. After some years, in a road traffic accident while on a motorcycle, he struck badly against a high-speed heavy bus. In state of coma and hopeless condition he was shifted to Nishtar hospital where he recovered completely.
3. After few months he developed progressive dimness vision. CT scan found a tumour of the pituitary gland for which he was operated at Pakistan institute of medical sciences Islamabad and again recovered completely. The biopsy report revealed a benign growth of the pituitary gland. Intra-cranial tumours, even benign have high incidence of morbidity and mortality.
Now at least two years have passed and he is still ok and happy with his family, except some visual impairment, which is not affecting his daily activities, Allah-ho-Akbar.
Who is he, who is at the every breath? “He is really nearer than our jugular vein” Alas! We do not know.
May Allah help and forgive us, Aameen
Dr. Akhlaq
Shahzad

IRELAND
Posted - Monday, October 11, 2004  -  12:59 AM Reply with quote
Salaam everyone,

I've been led to believe that we all have a fixed time on this planet and it that time comes, no matter what, we'll pass away.. Fair enough, but is there a specific line in the Qur'an which states this? (Apologies if it's been mentioned earlier - am too tired to go reading all the posts in this thread!) - Because it does seem kinda pointless to go off trying to save somebody's life if u know it's already been decided whether he/she is going to make it or not...
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, November 20, 2004  -  11:55 PM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum,

The role of qualified doctors is to be a cause or source to facilitate the process of health promotion. His opinion is valid because of being favoured by national and international health literature which is universally accepted everywhere all over the world. The role of the religion, in psychotherapy/counselling is accepted generally.

The readers are requested, for their physical and mental illnesses, to follow the advice of the qualified doctors only, NOT those who want to make you the experimental animals.

The choice is yours whether you want to be experimental animals or not.

May Allah help and solve our problems, Aameen!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5
Next page >>
Page 2 of 5

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker