Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
student1

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, July 2, 2006  -  7:43 AM Reply with quote
Are Muslim Countries really making Progress?

Asalam Aalaikum,

We see that wealth is floating in the Muslim Lands especially in Middle East region and progress is their in 3rd world countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh and other regions but one should see whether muslims are making progress in the true sense or not.

We think that a developed country is the one with high rise buildings, great road network and all that but I donot think that a country makes progress from networks of roads , high rise buildings and etc.

A country can only truely make progress if real democracy is implemented in a country. Education and health facilities should be directly available to poor ,middle class and rich people and people living in villages as well.
The press and the citizens in that country should have freedom of expression.

The Law and Order of that Country should not be compromised and it should be implemented in the best way possible.

Don't you think that Western Countries like USA and England are far better in many areas where muslim countries are not good. I donot know much about England but US is not a true democratic state but still it is better than Saudia Arabia and other Middle Eastern Countries ,where non-muslims are not free to practice their religion and are not allowed to build their worshipping places.

Please comment.
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 2, 2006  -  7:52 AM Reply with quote
Another important thing that I want to highlight. UAE has unlimited wealth and they are spending lot of wealth in making luxuries hotels and resorts.
Recently we have heard that UAE is making an underwater hotel which will be the biggest one in the entire world.
The Governors of Dubai spend lot of money on the shows that take place over their.
I want to know that have the UAE or Saudia Arabian Government spended any money in the making of a world class Engineering,Technology or Science University or Institute in their lands?
I have seen the list of 2005 and 2004 TOP Ranking Universities but I havent seen the name of even a single University from UAE or Saudia Arabia?
Don't you think that spending money in Education is more important then spending money on such luxuries and comfort?

Don't our arab brothers realize that in the future(Allah only knows) that if Allah na karey, a bad situation arises in Middle East and they get into economic crisis, then what will they do?
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Thursday, July 6, 2006  -  2:05 PM Reply with quote
Many Muslims are really not progressing because their thinking is severely paralysed and dependent upon the fabricated Hadith created by the corrupt Muslims many years alter the death of prophet Muhammad.

The thinking of these unfortunate Muslims is so paralysed and dependent that they cannot think upon even a simplest Qura’nic verses without the fabricated Hadith and how they can progress. They have all the misfortunes in this world and the hereafter.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 9, 2006  -  11:30 AM Reply with quote
Hadhrat 'Ali once said that the Muslim Ummah's progress does not lie in luxury or wealth. It lies in following the teachings of Islam. So I agree that high-rise buildings and luxuries can get you nowhere. I agree with Zulfee's views too, although I'm a little confused as to what he actually was trying to say. (He's getting mysterious by the minute; Allah alone knows what bothers him. No offence or anything, but just a thought...)
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 9, 2006  -  4:55 PM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum,

I didnot mean that their should not be high rise buildings and roads since these are important parts of our life.
Please keep in mind that when you donot have enough space on land to adjust people then you have to make buildings to save land space which is a vertical development. The high rise apartments that you see is a part of development planning and this is somethin very good but what I meant to say that you can only make progress in simplicity not in luxury and comfort.

Unfortunately muslim countries are concentrating on luxuries and comfort more then on simplicity and we know which Countries are those. I want to ask a simple question that how did the muslims of the medival times make progress in Science and Knowledge?

Did they concentrate on luxuries and comfort of the world or did they concentrate on Islamic literature especially Qur'an and Sunnah?

Please note that luxuries and comfort make you brainless and its side effect is that you lose the curiosity of learning new things.

I hope this helps,

regards,
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 9, 2006  -  5:04 PM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikums,

If their is any example in todays world for Muslim Ummah that is Malaysia and Indonesia . I donot think that their is any other Islamic country apart from Malaysia and Indonesia that is making progress in Science and Technology and I am pretty sure that they donot get involved in luxuries and comforts of the world.

You would be surprized to know that one of my cousins friend who studied in Ireland
transferred his credits to a Malaysian University and he said that infront of Malaysian Universities Education,Irish Universities education is not good.

Now you can just imagine from my cousins friends words. I was proud to know that.

Regards,
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 17, 2006  -  3:09 PM Reply with quote
I wouldn't disagree.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, July 19, 2006  -  12:38 PM Reply with quote
dear student,
I think by muslim countries you mean those countries where muslims are more in headcounts than the followers of other religions.
Before going ahead we should better decide at this point as how do u define PROGRESS.
Does this mean to be wealthy(either the entire nation or only a group of rulers)or to be more advance in latest technology(users of the technology or inventors class)or economically developed through their own industries (not screwdriver technology).
plz set a standard first then compare with those nations lying under the same category,u ll find the answer.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker