1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Page 7 of 7

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, November 13, 2006  -  1:03 PM Reply with quote
nida,

do you think a woman can go to hell just because she does not cover her hair?
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 13, 2006  -  1:49 PM Reply with quote
can you go to hell if you tell a lie? if you eat pork? etc...

The point is not whether you go to hell from it, it may be possible to disobey allah in small things and still go to jannah if Allah decided to forgive.

The real point is, as Muslims, we are required to obey Allah COMPLETELY. not pick and choose according to personal desires.

What kind of a muslim seeks for ways to disobey Allah in small things?
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, November 13, 2006  -  2:17 PM Reply with quote
We are not seeking ways and excuses to disobey Allah. It is our understanding that this is what Allah is asking of us. We have used good intentions and our intellect that Allah gave us to come to our conclusion. We may be wrong or right, but we are not trying to find excuses to disobey Allah. To think that we are, makes one feel there is some arrogance in your part that you know what lies in the hearts of others. Only Allah knows best what a person hides and reveals.
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Monday, November 13, 2006  -  10:03 PM Reply with quote
quote:

It is a matter of interpretation, since the Qur'an does not explicitly mention the covering of the head.

Actually all religion is interpretation. If we expand this debate to include niqab as well, then you'll note that there are some arguments proposed as well.

http://muttaqun.com/niqab.html

Prescribed Methods of Covering

Tafseer - Ibn Katheer
"Allah commanded the muslim women to cover this sheet on top of them to cover their bodies except one eye, when it is necessary for them to come out of their homes."

Tafseer - Commentary by Ibn Jarir and Ahkam-ul-Quran, Vol.III, p.457
Imam Muhammad bin Sirin said: "When I asked Ubaida bin Sufyan bin al-Harith (ra) the meaning of this verse and how the jalbaab was to worn, he demonstrated it to me by pulling a sheet of cloth over his head to cover his entire body, leaving the left eye uncovered. This was also the explanation of the word 'Alaihinna in this verse"

Tafseer - Alu'si, Rul-ul-Ma'ani, Vol. 22, p. 89
"Ibn Jarir Tabari and Ibn Al-Mundhir described the method of wearing the jalbaab according to Ibn Abbas (ra) and Qatadah (ra). The sheet should be wrapped around from the top, covering the forehead, then bringing one side of the sheet to cover the face below the eyes so that most of the face and the upper body is covered. This will leave both eyes uncovered (which is allowed in necessity).

As you can note, all sides in the debate from conservative to the liberal, each have their own arguments.

http://www.muhajabah.com/niqab-index.htm

And if the reason is attractiveness that must be hidden, then by that logic the face must be hidden too, ask any man :)

Edited by: junaidj on Monday, November 13, 2006 10:03 PM
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Monday, November 13, 2006  -  10:15 PM Reply with quote
quote:

The real point is, as Muslims, we are required to obey Allah COMPLETELY. not pick and choose according to personal desires.

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/ikhtilaf.htm

(ikhtilafu ummati rahmatun li al-nas).

"The hadith "Difference of opinion in my Community is a mercy for people" has many benefits...........benefit is that the legally responsible person can choose to follow whichever he likes among them.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 13, 2006  -  10:18 PM Reply with quote
Salaam brother Marwan

In referance to slavery please see

surah 4 24-25
surah 23 verse 5-6
surah 24 verse 33
surah 33 verse 50
surah 70 29-30
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 13, 2006  -  10:40 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Salaam brother Marwan

In referance to slavery please see

surah 4 24-25
surah 23 verse 5-6
surah 24 verse 33
surah 33 verse 50
surah 70 29-30

they are dealt with in the what you right hand possess forum.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, November 14, 2006  -  4:30 PM Reply with quote
good answer!
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, November 15, 2006  -  10:19 AM Reply with quote
You should try the new dawah channel:

http://asimiqbal.2.googlepages.com/peace-tv.htm
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, November 16, 2006  -  10:38 AM Reply with quote
I mean you (all)
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 17, 2006  -  12:47 PM Reply with quote
Aamin!
Regarding your dua (supplication)

and
regarding your comment about my work
Masha'ALLAH! + see my signature at my website :
http://asimiqbal.2.googlepages.com

and
Regarding Peace TV, I am not an official member of Peace TV or IRF, so you can contact them regarding any question regarding Peace TV content.

So I can't answer on their behalf and Peace TV is the first step towards Muslim media presence Insha'ALLAH!

now my focus is on other important issues specially the mega intra-faith issues in the Muslim world .

But I can't guarantee as I don't know what the future holds for me and whether I will get sufficient time to accomplish this task. All depends on whether ALLAH considers me worth these mega tasks.

And I don't discuss on forums ususally. As I use website and email as my primary tools. So if you have any other question contact me at my email address.

But I came here and to some other forums mainly to increase the number of visitors as the number of visitors to my sites now are far below my planned number of visitors.
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  10:27 AM Reply with quote
So far only option is to call them at:
(0091) 9821864188 (Mumbai, India)

but when official website is ready, you can also contact via email

But do spread my website:

www.geocities.com/asimiqbal2nd OR http://asimiqbal.2.googlepages.com as much as possible.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 14, 2023  -  7:20 PM Reply with quote
السلام عليكم
I left this forum many years ago, and had requested the admins/managers to delete all my posts.
Since they have conveniently ignored my request, I advise the readers to ignore my posts, and I openly retract from anything I said that was against the Qur'aan, Sunnah or way of the salaf.
I also free myself from this website, for its 'aqeedah and manhaj is not what the salaf were upon.

Learn true Islaam instead of wasting your time listening to people's opinions on forums.

www.tawhidfirst.com (English)

www.imamdarimi.com (Urdu)

(Posted by member, Nida_e_Khair)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Page 7 of 7

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker