Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, August 7, 2006  -  6:08 PM Reply with quote
Should Women Pray Differently From Men?

Edited by: Nida_e_Khair on Friday, October 13, 2023 8:45 PM
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 8, 2006  -  6:31 AM Reply with quote
Question: I have been taught many ways of reading salaat and I am rather confused on the actions required for women. Kindly inform me of the requirements for women when performing salâh – such as in sajda , whether we place just our palms on the floor or elbows as well etc.? (I follow the Hanafi Mazhab)

Answer: A women is an object of concealment and hence her salâh has also been prescribed in a manner whereby the least possible exposure of the external features of her body takes place i.e. her limbs will be kept closely intact in the carrying out of the various postures of salâh.
The Ahaadith also explain these postures to be adopted by a female whereby we come to learn that the salâh of a female is different from that of a male.

In a narration recorded in Baihaqi which has been transmitted by lbn Umar radhiAllâhu nahu, Rasulullah sallAllâhu alaihi wasallam is reported to have said: "When a women is in the sitting posture of salâh she should clasp her right thigh upon her left thigh. Similarly, when she is in the posture of sujood (prostration) she should keep her stomach attached to her thighs in a manner projecting the greatest amount of concealment for verily Allâh Ta’ala looks at her and says:

'Oh! My Malâ'ikah, I implore you to bear testimony that I have forgiven her.' " (Baihaqi Vol. 2 Pg. 223)
Imaam Abû Dawûd has also recorded a hadith in his Marâsil that once Rasulullah sallAllâhu alaihi wasallam was passing by two women that were performing salâh whereupon he remarked that when they go into sajda they should keep their bodies close to the ground for verily a female is not like a male in this regard. (Marâsil Abû Dawûd Pg. 5)

Hazrat Al radhiAllâhu nahu when commenting on the salâh of a female used to say: "When a female goes into sajdah then she should keep the limbs of her body closely linked and clasped to one another and she should join her thighs together." (Ibne Abi Shaibah Vol. I Pg. 270) Similarly Hazrat Ibn Abbâs radhiAllâhu nahu when asked concerning the salâh of a female commented : "She should keep herself closely together and encroached in the performance of her salâh." (ibid.)

Difference Between the salâh of Males and Females

1. In the light of these citations the following differences have been noted between the salâh of a male and that of a female as outlined in authoritative sources of Islamic Jurisprudence.
2. During the Takbîr-e-Tahrima she should merely lift her hands up to the chest and not up to the ears. (Kanz)
3. The hands should thereafter be placed on the chest and not below the navel as in the case of a male. (As-Si'âyah)
4. A female should merely place her right hand upon the left hand in the above posture which is not in the case of males. (Shâmi)
5. The ruku of a female will merely entail lowering her back to the extent that she is able to place her hands on her knees without her bending (as in the case of males) so much that her back, buttocks and forehead all come in one line. This (bending so that her back, buttocks and forehead all come in one line) is not necessary for her as it will entail greater exposure of the external features of her body which is not warranted from a female. (Âlamghiri)
6. A female will keep her fingers close together while placed on the knees in ruku and not spread them out. (Âlamghiri)
7. Her elbows and forearms will also be kept close to her sides in ruku contrary to that in the case of a male. (Âlamghiri)
8. In sajdah as well a female should keep her stomach close to her thighs with her hands also clasped closely to her sides which is not the case in males. (Âlamghiri)
9. A female should also keep her lower arm including the elbows spread on the ground while in sajdah and not lifted as is in the case of males.
10. Also in sajdah a female is not compelled to keep her feet upright with her toes facing the qiblah, instead she should keep them flat on the ground and clasped together.
11. The sitting posture of a female will be such that she will extend both her feet towards the right in such a way that her buttocks will be kept on the floor.

Source:-http://www.islamsa.org.za/qa/qa_salaat.htm
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 8, 2006  -  11:22 AM Reply with quote
well I think If U people will THINK carefully You'll find that the Difference in women's Prayer is Just like the Difference between Men & Women. So need to worry BUT keep in mind that Mr Naik is absolutely RIGHT.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 8, 2006  -  12:24 PM Reply with quote
The name of Mufti Abdur Rauf Sakkhurwi Mudda Zilluhu of (Darul 'Uloom, Karachi) was there and i think he is the one who answer it.I heard about him a lot.He is a very reliable and learned Scholar.He has spend quite a time with Mufti Shafi usmani the founder of Darul Uloom,karachi.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, August 9, 2006  -  6:18 AM Reply with quote
Sister I have already shown some ahadith, one thing is clear that there are ahadith in this regards. If some one says that these are not authentic ahadith without any effort to provide any evidences, so I don’t think we need to take it seriously.

Dr.Naik is very good in the comparative religions but he is not that good in field of Islamic staduies. The people who have spend their whole life in studying Islam they are more knowledgeable as far as the Islam is concern.

Dr.Naik is having the fist size bear but there is no hadith in this regard. I heard him saying that Sahabah emphasized on that. So any thing if we don’t find in the ahadith we should look it in the practices of sahabah because they understood the religion the best.

The Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala alayhi wa Sallam) said "Without doubt my Ummah will never be gathered in misguidance. Whenever you see disagreement, then hold fast to the Sawad-e-A'zam (the great majority)" [Ibne Majah]

The salah came to us with tawatur of ummah from generation to generation. I am providing here another link in this regard pls. read it, its very use full to understand the difference between the man and woman salah and there are many ahadih in this regard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are of the view that all the laws of salah are common to both men and women, and that there is no difference between them. They also claim that the hadeeth 'Pray as you have seen me praying' is general and, therefore, should be applied equally to both men and women. It should be realized, however, that our own interpretation and logical inference of this hadeeth cannot compare with the other ahadeelh of the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) and the verdicts and practice of the Sahabah and Tabi'un (RA) quoted below.

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/womdiff.htm
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, October 13, 2023  -  9:17 PM Reply with quote
السلام عليكم
I left this forum many years ago, and had requested the admins/managers to delete all my posts.
Since they have conveniently ignored my request, I advise the readers to ignore my posts, and I openly retract from anything I said that was against the Qur'aan, Sunnah or way of the salaf.
I also free myself from this website, for its 'aqeedah and manhaj is not what the salaf were upon.

Learn true Islaam instead of wasting your time listening to people's opinions on forums.

www.tawhidfirst.com (English)

www.imamdarimi.com (Urdu)

(Posted by member, Nida_e_Khair)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker