Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, August 13, 2006  -  4:01 PM Reply with quote
Religious Inventions and Superstitions

Edited by: Nida_e_Khair on Saturday, October 14, 2023 7:33 PM
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, August 14, 2006  -  4:25 PM Reply with quote
I am surprised at the ignorance of people and it amazes me where they keep coming up with this crap. It reminds me of this verse

وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَنْ يُعْجِبْكَ قَوْلُهُ فِى الحَيَوةَِ الدَّنْيَا وَ يُشْهِدُاللهَ عَلَى مَا فِى قَلْبِهِ وَهُوَ أَلَدُّالخِصَامِ

And of men is one whose talke pleases you in the life of the world, and he uses Allah as witness to what is in his heart, and he is a quarrelsome opponent.

Many people will use anything to justify their whims - they even invoke Allah, rasool, hadeeth and religion, to justify and rationalize their own desires. This they do even when they have nothing from the Lord to support their claims - it is only their whim.

Time and time again we have even seen on this message board how some people will rationalize their claims using any means - and we have also seen how quarrelsome and argumentative these people are.

walahiazeem!
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 15, 2006  -  11:05 AM Reply with quote
Q,It is claimed that if a person cuts his nails after Maghrib it brings "Nahussaat" or laziness.

A,Both the beliefs; cutting the nails after Maghrib Salaat and not disposing of them immediately brings laziness, are incorrect.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Hijab

First Requirement: The Extent of Covering
The dress worn in public must cover the entire body except what has been specifically excluded, based upon the following proofs: Allah says:

" And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and guard their private parts from sin and not show of their adornment except only that which is apparent, and draw their headcovers over their necks and bosoms and not reveal their adornment except to And that they should not I strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And 0 you Believers! Turn you all together towards Allah in repentence that you may be successful." (24:31)

The word zeenah in the Ayah above, literally means adornment and includes both the woman's natural or physical beauty, and that with which they adorn themselves, such as, jewelry, eye shadow, attractive clothing, hand dye, etc.

Surah An-Nur spells out specifically the commands concerning the fact that a woman's natural beauty and her adornments are to be concealed from strangers except by what may show due to accidental or uncontrollable factors such as the blowing of the wind, etc., and what has been exempted (see explanation at end of this section).
Allah says: "0 Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their outer garments above themselves ( when they go out). That is better so that they may be recognized and not molested. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." (33:59)
Abu Dawood narrates that Aishah (raa) said: " Asma'a the daughter of Abu Bakr (raa) came to see the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) wearing a thin dress; so Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) turned away from her and said: "0 Asma'a, once a woman reaches the age of puberty, no part of her body should be seen but this -and he pointed to his face and hands."
The word khumur (pI. of khimar) refers to a cloth which covers the head, ears, hair, neck and bosom. The esteemed mufaasir (Qur'anic interpreter) Al-Qurtubi explains: Women in the past used to cover their heads with the khimar, throwing its ends over their backs. This left the neck and the upper part of the chest bare, in the manner of the Christians. Then Allah commanded them to cover those parts with the khimar.

Allah states further in this Ayah: "... And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornments " The women in the time of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) wore anklets which could be employed to attract attention by stamping their feet, thereby, making the anklets tinkle. This practice is not only forbidden by Allah, but shows that the legs and ankles are to be covered as well. Some of the modern day Hanafi scholars are of the mistaken view that a woman can display her feet, a portion of her forearms and the! ears; yet there is no authentic proof from the practice of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) or his Sahabah to uphold such a view.

Amongst the authentic Ahadith which clarify this point is the following: Ibn Umar (raa) reported that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: “ On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will not look at the man who trails his garments along out of pride”. Umm Salamah then asked:” What should women do with (the hems of) their garments?” He replied: “Let them lower them a bandspan”. She replied: “ Their feet would be exposed!” He then said: “Let them lower them a forearm’s length but no more.” (Reported by At-Tabarani- Sahih)

The major point of difference among the scholars concerns the hadith of Asma'a (raa) i.e., that the face and hands need not be covered; a number of the scholars have maintained that the face hands must also be covered, because it was the practice of the of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and the wives of the Sahabah to themselves completely according to authentic Ahadith. The above point has been a topic of debate amongst the scholars both past and present and will be dealt with, Inshallah at the end of essay.

http://www.muslimtents.com/aminahsworld/Wearing_hijab.html
lubnayasmin

SWEDEN
Posted - Sunday, September 10, 2006  -  9:52 AM Reply with quote
Dear Nida Assalamualikum. From your posting, I found you have three question for which you are confused.

1. Perfect time for Cutting nails
2. Covering head during Azan
3. Eating during Mareeb.

point 1: You have to cut nail anyway when its grows. There is no timezone mentioning in the Quran or Hadee where you have to cut your nail in specific time during mensturation. Growing nail is dead and haram so you have to remove it anyway.

2. Ref Sura Noor: where you will find that you are only allowed to open your head (without Hejab) in front of your husband, parents, brother,grandparents. Other than you have to use Hejab in fronts of others. It doesn't matter if Azan going on.

3. Eating is Allah's Neyamat. When you are hungry eat first then say Salah. Think we do Iftar during Magreeb before Salah. In Quran or Hadeeh where you could not find that it is not allowed to take food before Salah. if you know any Hadeeh like that, then it False, remember always Allah is kind and Eating is a Ibadat which you start with the name of Allah.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, September 10, 2006  -  10:10 AM Reply with quote
we should also keep in our mind while raising such questions:
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Ask not of things which, if they were made unto you, would trouble you; but if ye ask of them when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made known unto you. Allah pardoneth this, for Allah is Forgiving, Clement.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! do not put questions about things which if declared to you may trouble you, and if you question about them when the Quran is being revealed, they shall be declared to you; Allah pardons this, and Allah is Forgiving, Forbearing.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, September 14, 2006  -  5:44 AM Reply with quote
Sister Nida
Maghrib prayer have very little time to offer that salat unlike the others prayers.When people heard the Adhan so they are in hurry to offer this salat.

For example if your class has to resume in two or three minutes after the break and some one still in cafeteria and having some snack there?won’t you ask her to stop it,it is not the right time to have some snacks, why can’t you have it bit earlier?

This only show for this girl it is no so important to be in class on time.She is not much brother about the rules of school and the teacher in class.

Sister I am not blaming you for any thing here you are young and you still learning the things (so do I am).The interest you have to acquire the knowledge of religion is appreciable.I will advised you to read Islamic literature to gain the knowledge of religion and make it permanent feature of your life.If you have radio in your home,you can listen to Dr.Farhat Hashmi on FM 107 from 6:30AM to 7:00 AM.She is very good and now a days she is explaining the Quran.She is now on Surah Baqra now and it is good time to start listening her.
lubnayasmin

SWEDEN
Posted - Thursday, September 14, 2006  -  10:44 AM Reply with quote
Dear USmani bhai assalamualikum. Thank you so much for your posting and really appretiable. Nida you know a lot, read a lot mashaAllah. SubhanAllah you are intelligent. InshaAllah you will be able to use your intelligence.
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, September 14, 2006  -  1:05 PM Reply with quote
WOMEN DRESS CODE IN ISLAM THREE RULES FOR WOMEN DRESS CODE IN ISLAM.

FIRST RULE : THE BEST GARMENT

[7:26] "O children of Adam, we have provided you with garments to cover your bodies, as well as for luxury. But the best garment is the garment of righteousness. These are some of GOD's signs, that they may take heed."
This is the BASIC rule of DRESS CODE in the Quran. This is the first rule in WOMEN DRESS CODE in Islam (Submission). What is inside your heart is more important for God that the dress you wear.

SECOND RULE : COVER YOUR BOSOMS

The second rule can be found in 24:31. Here God orders the women to cover their bosoms whenever they dress up. First, let us review some crucial words that are always mentioned with this topic, namely "Hijab" and "Khimar"

THE WORD "HIJAB" in the QURAN

"Hijab" is the term used by many Muslims women to describe their head cover that may or may not include covering their face except their eyes, and sometimes covering also one eye. The Arabic word "Hijab" can be translated into veil or yashmak. Other meanings for the word "Hijab" include, screen, cover(ing), mantle, curtain, drapes, partition, division, divider.
Can we find the word "Hijab" in the Quran??

The word "Hijab" appeared in the Quran 7 times, five of them as "Hijab" and two times as "Hijaban," these are 7:46, 33:53, 38:32, 41:5, 42:51, 17:45 & 19:17.

None of these "Hijab" words are used in the Quran in reference to what the traditional Muslims call today (Hijab) as a dress code for the Muslim woman.
Hijab as it appears in the Quran has nothing to do with the Muslim Women dress code.

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:

While many Muslims call "Hijab", an Islamic dress code, they completely ignore the fact that, Hijab as a dress code has nothing to do with Islam and nothing to do with QURAN.

In reality "Hijab" is an old pre-Jewish tradition that infiltrated into the hadith books like many innovations that contaminated Islam through alleged Hadith and Sunna.The traditional Arabs, of all religions, Jews, Christians and Muslims used to wear "Hijab," not because of Islam, but because of tradition. In certain areas of the world, men are the ones who wear the hijab while in others the women do.

THE WORD "KHIMAR" in the QURAN:

"Khimar" is an Arabic word that can be found in the Quran in 24:31 It is the word that the interpreters or translators use to claim that head cover is in the Quran. "Khimar" means, cover, any cover, a curtain is a Khimar, a dress is a Khimar, a table cloth that covers the top of a table is a Khimar, a blanket is a Khimar..etc. Most of the translators, obviously influenced by Hadith (fabrications) translate the word as VEIL or head cover, and thus mislead most people to believe that this verse is advocating the covering of the head.

In 24:31 God is asking the women to use their cover (khimar)( being a dress, a coat, a shawl, a shirt, a blouse, a tie, a scarf . . . etc.) to cover their bosoms, not their heads or their hairs. If God so willed to order the women to cover their heads or their hair, nothing would have prevented Him from doing so. GOD does not run out of words. GOD does not forget. Those who see the head cover in this verse lost their focus of the verse. The verse is ordering the women to be sure to cover their upper chest. The verse does NOT order the women to cover their heads or hair. Even if you accept their interpretation of the word Khimar to mean head cover, the verse is not ordering the women to cover their head but to cover the opening of the chest in their dress. If God wills, He would have given the order clear, cover your heads, but He did NOT. God does not wait for a Scholar to put the correct words for Him!

THIRD RULE : LENGTHEN YOUR GARMENTS

The first regulation of DRESS CODE for Muslim women is in 7:26, the second is in 24:31 and the third is in
33:59

"O prophet, tell your wives, your daughters, and the wives of the believers that they shall LENGTHEN their garments. Thus, they will be recognized and avoid being insulted. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful." 33:59

In 33:59, God sets the other regulation for the dress code for the Muslim women during the prophet's life.

Although the verse is talking to the prophet which means this regulation applies to the time of the prophet, just like the order in 49:2, the description fits the spirit of Islam (Submission in English), and can teach us a great deal.

In this verse, God, DELIBERATELY, said, tell them, to lengthen their garments, and never said how long is long. God could have said tell them to lengthen their garments to their ankles or to their mid-calf or to their knees, but HE DID NOT. He did not, OUT OF HIS MERCY, not because HE FORGOT as God does not forget. God knows that we will be living in different communities and have different cultures and insists that the minor details of this dress code will be left for the people of every community to hammer for themselves.
It is clear from the above verses that the DRESS CODE for the Muslim women (Submitters) according to the Quran is righteousness and modesty. God knows that this modesty will be understood differently in different communities and that is why He left it open to us to decide for ourselves.

CONCLUSION:

God, the Most Merciful, gave us three basic rules for the Dress Code for Women in Islam.

(1) The BEST garment is the garment of righteousness.

(2) Whenever you dress , cover your chest (bosoms).

(3) Lengthen your garment.
While these three BASIC rules may not sound enough for those who do not trust God, the TRUE believers know that God is ENOUGH. God could have given us more details to the point of having graphs, designs and color rules, but He , the Most Merciful, wants to give us exactly these very basic rules and leave the rest for us. After these three basic rules every woman is more aware of her circumstances and can adjust her dress for her situation. Any addition to these basic Quranic rules is an attempt to correct God or improve on His merciful design.
We have no obligation to follow but God's rules, just as His messenger did all the time. Innovations and fabrications that added thousands of rules to the women dress code are nothing but idol-worship and should be refused.

Peace
Samsher
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 15, 2006  -  11:10 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-then there is this relative of mine who tells me to stop eating because she thinks that you should not eat/drink during the Maghrib Adhan. She tells me to continue eating after the Adhan. What do you say about that? She doesn't tell me to stop eating on any other Adhan, only the Maghrib Adhan.

Sister What you have wrote above I understand that its your favourite time to have some thing during Maghrib Adhan and on others Adhan as well.

Sorry for misunderstanding.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, September 17, 2006  -  8:31 AM Reply with quote
Life will be very difficult if we are required to refrain from what we cannot find in Qur’an and Hadith. The rule of Shariah is that everything is permitted which is not clearly prohibited.
The Prophet (Pbuh) said: “Do not indulge in things which Allah has declared Haraam. And there are things regarding which He has intentionally kept silent. This silence is a blessing for you, so
do not argue therein.”
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, September 17, 2006  -  1:12 PM Reply with quote
walakm aslaam,

nida i will re- adress your question to the forumers, if you are eating and the azaan goes for magrib do you stop eating during the azaan? obviosly straight after the azaan you go to pray, but the few minuites the azaan persists do you have to stop eating. hope it helps
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, September 18, 2006  -  4:36 AM Reply with quote
I don't think one has to stop eating if one is caught once in a while.I don't think eating it self prohibited during Maghrib adhan.

The proof is that during Ramazan people are waiting for the Magrib adhan to be recited from mosque so they can strat eating and break their fast.

And Allah knows the best
solomon

USA
Posted - Tuesday, September 19, 2006  -  2:15 AM Reply with quote
"Religious Inventions and Superstitions"

such as the jinn being supernatural.
solomon

USA
Posted - Tuesday, September 19, 2006  -  2:21 AM Reply with quote
72.6": And that persons from among men used to seek refuge with persons from among jinn, so they increased them in wrongdoing:

Please, stop making the jinn supernatural.

Quick definitions (person)

noun: a human being (Example: "There was too much for one person to do")
noun: a person's body (usually including their clothing) (Example: "A weapon was hidden on his person")
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, October 19, 2006  -  4:28 PM Reply with quote
I think the 'shaitan will sit on the prayer mat' is ludicrous. I have heard similar thing regarding reading of the Quran. I heard that when you end reading the holy book, then you should not leave it open, other wise the Shaitan will read it!

I was trying not to laugh when I heard this. I do not know why people will say things they have no knowledge of!
oosman

USA
Posted - Friday, October 20, 2006  -  10:06 PM Reply with quote
If one thinks it is disrespectful, then that is a valid reason. But to say stupid things like 'Shaitan will read it', 'Shaitan will start praying', I think we should dismiss such claims. The Shaitan is already a believer in Allah, we know he used to worship Allah.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker