Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
kwabean

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, September 3, 2006  -  7:31 PM Reply with quote
what restrictions are there when your on ya period

prayer wise...?

and why do we have periods? and i don't mean scientifically and why don't men have painful stuff like periods and chuldbirth?
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, September 3, 2006  -  8:37 PM Reply with quote
A woman in her menses has to abstain from the following: Salaat, entering
the Musjid, touching and reciting the Qur'aan and from sexual intercourse.

She may engage in any form of Dhikr. Also, she may recite the Du'aas
mentioned in the holy Qur'aan. However, these are recited as Du'aas and not
as Tilaawat (recitation). If she is a teacher, she may teach the children by
reciting one or two words of the Qur'aan at a time. Yes, there is a Hadith
prohibiting women from entering the Musjid during their menses.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED AND APPROVED CORRECT: Mufti Ebrahim Desai
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, September 21, 2006  -  10:20 AM Reply with quote
plz also check this discussion under the title"can we come to the masjid" in this forum where you will find that the beloved sws encouraged woment o attend the fri and eid salahs. if she cannot pray she can sit on a side or in another room of the masjid like a library, community room, etc. where she can listen to the khutbah, the teachings of islam and meet other women to socialize; ofcourse in all conditions if she wishes to. there is no compulsion indeed.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Thursday, September 21, 2006  -  12:53 PM Reply with quote
Hkhan

quote:

if she cannot pray she can sit on a side

This is the attitude of beggars.
nonstoptaxi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, September 21, 2006  -  1:41 PM Reply with quote
very true HK..
we must show the attitude of beggars before Allah.

we all are beggers and Allah is our only Lord and our duty is to beg from Him for our betterment for this world and hereafter .
lubnayasmin

SWEDEN
Posted - Thursday, September 21, 2006  -  4:03 PM Reply with quote
Assalamualikum. I would request you not to ask these kind of question please. We are the Ashraful Maaklukaat the best creation of Allah and we should obey Allah in a way which is the best. How could it be possible to judge Allah's dicission? We are created to pray towards only for Allah and Allah would be happyest When Allah see Allah's best creation perform the prayers without arguing (that is your believe and Iman).
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Friday, September 22, 2006  -  4:24 PM Reply with quote
quote:

very true HK..
we must show the attitude of beggars before Allah.

we all are beggers and Allah is our only Lord and our duty is to beg from Him for our betterment for this world and hereafter .

Beggars of Allah are only those who believe in His book, Nothing else!

I have not said about the beggars of Allah but other than it.

Edited by: Zulfee on Friday, September 22, 2006 4:28 PM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, September 25, 2006  -  8:04 AM Reply with quote
Question:
I want to ask you if a menstruating woman can wash clothes and if she can purify a cloth that has a stain of impurity on it.

Answer:
The Shari'ah does not forbid menstruating women from anything except certain religious obligations like the prayer and fasting. They of course are also not allowed intercourse with their husbands in this time.

From the life of the Prophet (pbuh) we have the following guidance in this regard:

Narrated 'Urwa:

A person asked me, "Can a woman in menses serve me? And can a ceremonoially unclean woman come close to me?" I replied, "All this is easy for me. All of them can serve me, and there is no harm for any other person to do the same."' Aishah told me that she used to comb the hair of Allah's Apostle while she was in her menses, and he was in Itikaf (in the mosque). He would bring his head near her in her room and she would comb his hair, while she used to be going through her menstrual cycle." (Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 6, Number 295)

Narrated Aishah:

The Prophet used to lean on my lap and recite Qur'an while I was in menses. ( Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 6, Number 296)

(Also please refer to:
http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/janq499
&
http://www.studying-islam.org/querytext.aspx?id=43
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, October 2, 2006  -  10:23 AM Reply with quote
2) Volume 1, Book 6, Number 305:
Narrated 'Aisha:
Whenever anyone of us got her menses, she, on becoming clean, used to take hold of the blood spot and rub the blood off her garment, and pour water over it and wash that portion thoroughly and sprinkle water over the rest of the garment. After that she would pray in (with) it.

This Hadeeth says that on becoming clean the ladies used to wash their clothes. Doesn't this imply that you can't purify a cloth during menses? I mean, if Lady 'Aishah wanted, she could state the washing of clothes during menses; why did she have to add the phrase "on becoming clean"?

Wassalaam.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 7, 2006  -  11:21 AM Reply with quote
Dear nidaekhair. thank you for your very valuable contributions and may Allah bless the time you all spend to learn, inspite of your other time consuming responsibilities.

whenever we read or quote a hadith its utmost important to look at the context of the hadith, the time and environment it was said in. it gives us general manners in life but not a hardline to follow exactly as it was done those days when the circumstances and availabilities were so different.
today can you imagine leaving even an ink spot on your dress for the day. you would immediately change and throw that fabric into washing machine,let alone blood. those days it was not easy to wash a stain every hour or so when availability of sanitary towels was not there as well, lots of leakage and frequent fabric soiling; not possible to keep washing stains all the time(this may still be applicable in some village circumstances where similar problems still prevail) therefore lady ayesha(may allah be pleased with her) gave the best solution for the time to wait untill you stop leaking completely and then wash whence you think you are clean- which i think was a very clever stance for the time and would not be less than a stance given by a qualified problem solver today.
this does not at all conclude that today untill we are menstruating to the last drop, we stay away from reading Qura'n or listening to khutbahs in the masjid.
these self made restrictions will lead us to nowhere but a lazy steady landand we must watch that we don't do this. afterall we are the followers of the most believing, most clever and the most beloved ladies like ayesha and khadijah,fatima and zainab, of our beloved Muhammad sws.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 7, 2006  -  12:00 PM Reply with quote
Salaam H....

quote:

these self made restrictions will lead us to nowhere but a lazy steady land

Will! ahm. did we not start about 1100 years ago and then reached there few hunderd years later? or perhaps am I mistaken.
regards
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, October 8, 2006  -  12:27 AM Reply with quote
w'assalam perv. always great to hear from you considering your terribly busy schedule with work, family and much more.

didn't get you quite do you mean we travelled backwards
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 8, 2006  -  5:53 PM Reply with quote
Dear hkhan, although I did not fully understand what you meant, my query is Alhamdulillah cleared. Thanks.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, October 9, 2006  -  1:08 PM Reply with quote
Salaam Henna

quote:

didn't get you quite do you mean we travelled backwards

No I think due to corruption in Islam we have reached
quote:

lazy steady land
as you have stated.
Unfortunately the effects of any new rotten system lead to a gradual decay and the effects may take many many generations to manifest themselves.
I hope this makes sense
regards
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, October 12, 2006  -  10:42 AM Reply with quote
yes. i really feel we muslims hv to educate ourselves with the true concepts of the basic sources of religion and this is the aim of this site; becoz lack of this understanding has lead to the division of the muslim ummah into various sectors.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker