Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
reporter

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Wednesday, September 13, 2006  -  10:57 PM Reply with quote
Why Pork is haram

Salam
Some days back I read a question in this forum about why pork is Haram. Today while surfing net i found a good site regarding the issue. anyone interested can click on the link and himself/herself see the scientific information about pork's meat.

http://www.unh.edu/msa/pork.htm

remember me in ur Duas and anyone reading this please offer fateha for my mother. She died on May 3, 2006.
Allah Hafiz
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, September 19, 2006  -  8:57 AM Reply with quote
A very decent and simple commentary on Halaal & Haram through good scientific explanations:

Question: Tell me why is it that a Muslim is very particular about the words Halaal and Haraam; what do they mean?

Answer: That which is permissible is termed Halaal and that which is not permissible is termed Haraam and it is the Quran, which draws the distinction between the two.

Question: Can you give me an example?

Answer: Yes, Islam has prohibited! blood of any type You will agree that a chemical analysis of blood shows that it contains an abundance of uric acid, a chemical substance which can be injurious to human health.

Question/Comments: You're right about the toxic nature of uric acid, in the human being it is excreted as a waste product and in fact we are told that 98%of the body?s uric acid is extracted from the blood by the kidneys and removed through urination.

Answer: Now I think that you'll appreciate the special prescribed method of animal slaughter in Islam.

Question: What do you mean?

Answer: You see, the wielder of the knife, whilst taking the name of the Almighty', makes an incision through the jugular veins, leaving all other veins and organs intact.

Question/Comments: I see, this causes the death of the animal by a total loss of blood from the! body, rather than an injury to any vital organ.

Answer: Yes, were the organs, example the heart, the liver, or the brain crippled or damaged, the animal could die immediately and its blood would congeal in its veins and would eventually permeate the flesh This implies that the animal flesh would be permeated and contaminated with uric acid and therefore very poisonous; only today did our dietitians realize such a thing.

Question: Again, while on the topic of food; why do Muslims condemn the eating of pork or ham or any foods related to pigs or swine?

Answer: Actually, apart from the Quran prohibiting the consumption of Pork, bacon (pig flesh); in fact the Bible too in Leviticus chapter 11, Verse 8, regarding swine it says, "of their flesh (of the swine, another name for pig) shall you not eat, and of their carcass you shall not touch; they are unclean to you" Further, did you know that a pig cannot be slaughtered at the neck for it does not have a neck; that is according to Its natural anatomy A Muslim reasons that if the pig was to be slaughtered and fit for human consumption the Creator would have provided it with a neck Nonetheless, all that aside, I am sure you are well informed about the harmful effects of the consumption of pork, in any form, be it pork Chops, ham, bacon.

Question/Comments: The medical science finds that there is a risk for various diseases The pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases.

Answer: Yes, even apart from that, as we talked about uric acid content in the blood, it is important to note that the pig's biochemistry excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content, the remaining 98% remains as an integral part of the body.

source: Aawaz-e-dost
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, September 19, 2006  -  11:01 AM Reply with quote
The Meat of Pigs

"Prohibited for you are 'al-maytah' (animals that are found dead),

'Al-Damm' (blood), 'lahm Al-Khinzeer' (the meat of pigs),

and animals dedicated to other than God." 5:3

[pre]We know that God is the most accurate and efficient in delivering any message to us. We note that God said 'al-maytah' which literally means 'the dead'. God did not say (the meat of the dead). We also note that God said specifically the 'meat of pigs', and not 'the pig'. God did not say the 'meat of the dead' and also God did not say 'the pig'. The obvious reason that are apparent to any intellectual is that God means exactly what He says. When God says 'the dead' and NOT the 'meat of the dead', He means anything found in a dead animal. Similarly when God specifically says the 'meat of the pig' and NOT 'the pig', God simply means only the MEAT of the pig and NOT everything in the pig.

The prohibition of only parts of certain animals is not unfamiliar in the Quran. We are told in 6:146 for example, how God prohibited only the fat of the cattle and sheep (except that which is carried on their backs, or in the viscera, or mixed with bones). In a general sense, prohibitions are means through which our Creator tests our obedience to Him, what was prohibited to one people may be lawful for another as we are told in the Quran. This indicates that the item of prohibition is not always prohibited for an inherent reason within the item itself. Since God prohibited the fat of some animals for the Jews but made it lawful for us, it can only mean that there is no physical harm in the fat itself.

This goes a long way in demonstrating that there is no harm in the fat of the pig either, which according to the Quran is NOT prohibited. As a matter of fact, it is a known fact today that many industries use the fat of pig in the production of numerous consumer products (e.g. cosmetics, drugs ... etc). God knows this and thus God is very precise in prohibiting only the meat of pigs.

Obviously, God also knows that lard (fat of pig) would be used in baked goods and other food products, and that such usage does not render the foods Haraam (prohibited).

Indeed the harm is found in the meat of the pig. The devastating trichinosis parasite, Trichinella spiralis, (also the pork tapeworm Taenia solium) survives in the meat of pigs, NOT the fat. More than 150,000 people are infected annually in the United States alone.[/pre]

Peace
Samsher
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, September 24, 2006  -  4:38 AM Reply with quote
NOTE: No student of medicine must rely on any medical information until he/she confirms himself/herself from the TEXTBOOK, any JOURNAL of the concerned subject or from any authorized MEDICAL websites.

It must also be remembered, “For Muslims (even to be examined by a non Muslim examiner) any relevant reference of Holy Quran and Hadith can also be quoted in any study/ research/thesis/dissertation etc”

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker