Topic initiated on Wednesday, September 20, 2006  -  2:15 PM Reply with quote
About Soul

A. Is it mortal?

B. Does it ever sleep?

What are your views (about soul)?
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, September 20, 2006  -  3:11 PM Reply with quote
YUSUFALI: Every soul shall have a taste of death in the end to Us shall ye be brought back.

SHAKIR: And they ask you about the soul. Say: The soul is one of the commands of my Lord, and you are not given aught of knowledge but a little.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Wednesday, September 20, 2006  -  5:09 PM Reply with quote
Are you sure, Nafs means soul?
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Wednesday, September 20, 2006  -  5:11 PM Reply with quote
About Soul, I meant which is called Rooh
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, September 21, 2006  -  7:26 AM Reply with quote
As per anglo arabic dictioneries ,nafs and rooh both have the same meaning i.e. soul.
see here:

http://www.al-awwal.com/formpost3.asp

and

http://www.2muslims.com/cgi-bin/dictionary/csvsearch.pl?search=rooh
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Friday, September 22, 2006  -  4:35 PM Reply with quote
What is the proof of it (dictionary) being correct?
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, September 23, 2006  -  7:57 AM Reply with quote
what is a "PROOF"?

what are the REQUIREMENTS to check the accuracy of the PROOF?

plz advice,
wassalam
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Saturday, September 23, 2006  -  11:06 AM Reply with quote
quote:

what are the REQUIREMENTS to check the accuracy of the PROOF?

To mean the message of God correctly, Nothing else.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, November 14, 2006  -  6:20 AM Reply with quote
The Soul is a creation of Allah, whose function is to bring life to the human body. It remains with the human body throughout the life and departs at death. After which the souls are either held in Paradise or punishment.

There is no returning back of the souls of the righteous people from Paradise, and no escaping of the souls of evildoers from the punishment of the grave.

Therefore, pious or evil, the souls do not return to this world, neither to take revenge nor to assist the living. Neither is there any concept in Islam, which explains that justice is dependant upon the soul's coming back and setting things aright.

Islam teaches that Allah is responsible to see that every being gets its due right and injustice does not go unpunished.

Death occurs when the soul separates from the human body and enters the realm of 'Barzakh', which is the period between one's death and the Hereafter.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, November 14, 2006  -  6:32 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Are you sure, Nafs means soul?

There is some difference in the way the words 'Ruh' and 'Nafs' are used.

The 'Ruh' is the subtle spirit which resides in the heavens and needs a physical body to carry it on the earth.

When this spirit is given a body, life begins and it is described as 'Nafs'.

The word 'Nafs' is used in a number of ways by the Qur'aan, all of which imply the meaning of a soul with a body.

1. 'Nafs' meaning "Self."

"You know what is in my self but I do not know what is in Your self" (Soorah Al-Ma?ida (5):116)

2. 'Nafs' meaning "Blood".

"The (insect) which has flowing Nafs (blood)."

3. Nafs as a strong force in man, which can push him either towards good or evil.'Nafs al Ammara bis Su' ('Nafs' which encourages evil), 'Nafs al Lawwama' ('Nafs' which blames) and 'Nafs al Mutmainna' ('Nafs' which is contented)
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, November 16, 2006  -  10:48 AM Reply with quote
They will ask you about the Spirit. Say: ‘The Spirit is my Lord’s concern. You have only been given a little knowledge.’ (Qur'an 17:85)

Translation taken from an index to the QUr'an . Link to which available at:

http://asimiqbal.2.googlepages.com
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, November 16, 2006  -  12:05 PM Reply with quote
quote:

They will ask you about the Spirit. Say: ‘The Spirit is my Lord’s concern. You have only been given a little knowledge.’ (Qur'an 17:85)

Translation taken from an index to the QUr'an . Link to which available at:

Please read the verse in Arabic. You will find the following translation of the meaning as published in www.thenoblequran.com is nearest in meaning.

Al-Isra (17):85

وَيَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الرُّوحِ قُلِ الرُّوحُ مِنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّي وَمَا أُوتِيتُم مِّن الْعِلْمِ إِلاَّ قَلِيلاً

"And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Rûh (the Spirit); Say: "The Rûh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little."
(Al-Isra 17:85)
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 17, 2006  -  5:41 AM Reply with quote
Are you talking about Muhsin Khan/Hilali translation.

The latest version of it is also listed there at :
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 17, 2006  -  5:50 AM Reply with quote
But I mentioned a mistake to them i.e. www.qurancomplex.com but they didn't correct it.

i.e. at one place Khalifa has been translated as (mankind) generations after generations.

from www.qurancomplex.com
2:30
And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks and sanctify You." He (Allâh) said: "I know that which you do not know."

You prove to me how the word Khalifa can be translated into mankind generations after generations.

And tell me whether the Arabic word used is singular or plural.

Why didn't they correct it even after my indication.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, November 17, 2006  -  9:09 AM Reply with quote
quote:

But I mentioned a mistake.... they didn't correct it.

They sure must have replied to your letter. Please copy and paste their repy here for further action.
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 17, 2006  -  11:59 AM Reply with quote
It was a long time ago, when (about 2 years or more ago) and I have lost that email address and also don't remember their exact response.

But they did reply and their reply was mainly about saying that Khalifa doesn't mean vicegerant, which I translated back 2 years ago but now I am looking for an even better translation of the word khalifa.

And you tell me why they haven't established Hadith Complex or any serious Hadith organization yet???

You don't mean they want to ignore Hadith do they?

See my web site which highlights this issue to :

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker