Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Monday, September 25, 2006  -  7:24 AM Reply with quote
how Prophet Muhammad reacted to insults?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was a great forbearing person. He observed a lot of patient with his enemies. He forgave many insults and humiliation. If he wished to complain, he would resort to God. He acted in accordance with the Qur’anic teaching: “Therefore patiently persevere, as did (all) Messengers of inflexible purpose…” (Al-Ahqaf 46: 35) “And have patience with what they say, and leave them with noble (dignity).” (Al-Muzammil 73: 10)

Muslims are to follow their prophet and observe patience as well as they are directed in the Qur’an: “Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil, then that will be a determining factor in all affairs.” (Aal-`Imran 3: 186)

Examples

1. When he went to the city of At-Ta’if near Makkah he suffered a great persecution when its people responded to his call by setting their slaves and young children to throw rocks at him and put thorns in his way until he bleeded. All what he said was: “O God, to Thee I complain of my weakness, little resource, and lowliness before men. O Most Merciful, Thou art the Lord of the weak, and Thou art my Lord. To whom wilt Thou confide me? To one afar who will misuse me? Or to an enemy to whom Thou hast given power over me? If Thou art not angry with me I care not. Thy favor is more wide for me. I take refuge in the light of Thy countenance by which the darkness is illumined, and the things of this world and the next are rightly ordered, lest Thy anger descend upon me or Thy wrath light upon me. It is for Thee to be satisfied until Thou art well pleased. There is no power and no might save in Thee." 2. The enemy attacked him until his face was injured, and he kept on saying: “O God, forgive my people for they just don’t know.”
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 26, 2006  -  4:54 PM Reply with quote
This behavior of the prophet (peace be upon him), NOT the sword, caused to spread Islam.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker