Next page >>
Page 8 of 9

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, December 5, 2006  -  1:21 AM Reply with quote
tilawat,

When the takfiri people on this forum realize they have lost the debate, the start accusing their opponent of being female - as if they think women are stupid.

Anyway, as you said, it does not matter here what is one's gender - except to a takfiri.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, December 5, 2006  -  8:02 PM Reply with quote
I was not talking about meeting in person, did I say that anywhere?
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 6, 2006  -  1:05 AM Reply with quote
Nida

Don't listen to 'Marwanrh'. He is suffering from jealousy born of gender-complex. Perhaps he is trying to use that old 'save the damsel' technique to ingratiate him with you presuming you to be a female with half 'aql'.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 6, 2006  -  11:17 PM Reply with quote
Nida dear, I say why be personal and judgmental too. Can't we communicate as human beings without gender and, as Oosman says, 'takfir' complex. Ismat Chughtai, a renowned writer of India, is on record saying "I feel insulted when some body calls me a sister". Is it not ironic that Muslim women are seeking equality with men as human beings but don't behave like human beings without gender-complex as in the West. 'Afala tafakaroon' (Why don't you think?).
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 6, 2006  -  11:40 PM Reply with quote
because tilawat, gender exists and Allah has specified rules of conduct between them. THAT is why it matters.

salaam
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, December 7, 2006  -  1:09 AM Reply with quote
marwan,

do you regard women as half-aql?
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, December 7, 2006  -  10:01 AM Reply with quote
quote:

.... Ismat Chughtai, a renowned writer of India, is on record saying "I feel insulted when some body calls me a sister". .

i totally consent she would ve felt instulted.

will u plz explain for me the relevance of her being quoted here.
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, December 7, 2006  -  10:07 AM Reply with quote
No I do not believe that women have "half an aql".

I do believe that men and women are not intellectually identical.

Men are more logical, theoretical, technical and mathematical. Thats the fact of the matter.

Women are better communicators and more disposed to a softer and more emotional disposition. Which is a blessing given their roles.

I should state that this does not mean that women are not logical, mathematical etc...

Just that men are better at it.

There is a different emphasis in the intellectual make up of men and women instated by Allah for the purpose of each gender being more suitable for its role.

Edited by: marwan on Thursday, December 07, 2006 12:14 PM
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 8, 2006  -  12:39 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

.... Ismat Chughtai, a renowned writer of India, is on record saying "I feel insulted when some body calls me a sister". .

i totally consent she would ve felt instulted.

will u plz explain for me the relevance of her being quoted here.

I quoted Ismat hear, dear Raushan, because Nida had threatened to address me as ‘it’ (So kind of her; “woh hue hamkalaam, Allah, Allah” ) instead of sister/brother if I don’t divulge my sex. I was, in fact, somewhat surprised and even tantalized on her insistence on knowing my sex like they enquire on marriage sites. I am afraid Marwan may not become all the more jealous if I say I would welcome to be called any thing , even a ‘freak’ but not ‘brother/sister’ by Nida if it means we cannot become friends as answer to my lonliness is a companion like her. Hence, the said quotation from Ismat . She probably wanted to highlight the fact that the primary and basic human relationship is that complementary companionship as between Adam and eve, the result of the longings caused by the creative life-force called commonly as sex. All other blood relations like brother sister are, so to say, merely a by-product of it.

Here I would like to quote a stanza from a Punjabi song by Shah Hussain which highlights the inadequacy even of real blood relations like that of mother to share with them the pangs of separation and lonliness:

“Kinoo’n mein dassaa’n dard wichhore da haal ni maa e”

(Oh mother, with whom I may share the pangs of separation)

On the other hand a Bollywood song says:

“Chandi jeisa rang he tera sone jeise baal
ek tu dhanwaan he gori baaqi sab kangaal”
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 9, 2006  -  12:48 AM Reply with quote
Sister Nida

You say:

"Ok, I can admit that I was probably being rude by "threatening" to call you 'it'; but please! Never attack my intentions like that without knowing what they actually are. You're insulting and ridiculing me."

I am very sorry, dear Nida, that my words made you feel insulted and ridiculed though I never intended that. In fact you appear to me an angel-like spirit, which make me feel as though I am talking with a real sister of mine. But I think we need not have personal relationship on this forum. That is why I had asked you about your e-mail. In fact in my view the real relationship among humans is friendship. You know Qabeel, a brother of Habeel, had killed his brother because of jealousy in marrying one of their real sisters.

As for intentions, Shakespeare says in Hamlet, "Nothing is good or bad but thinking makes it so". In the middle-class Muslim culture thinking about friendship among opposite sexes is considered to be bad when even the Quran says those Muslims who are not owners of kinship among you should be treated with kindness as friends as is written in the Book (of nature). (See verse 6 of Sura Ehzab 33).

Wassalam
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 11, 2006  -  11:14 PM Reply with quote
quote:

instead of writing @ say at, because spammers will get your address and send more spam.

feel free to post issues that tilawat will most likely try to misguide you on, here... should you want to.

salaam

Don't worry Marwan. Poor Nida might be of your grand-mother's age. In any case, women may not be more intelligent than men but they are certainly more clever than their opposite gender. You should know it was Eve who had misguided Adam and not vice verse. Had she considered her to be a sister or daughter of Adam (After all she is stated to have been born from the rib of Adam) there would have been no scum like you today and no Nida to be saved by you.
Gain,later on it were the guiles of Zulekha which got Yousaf incarcerated for no fault of his. You should rest at peace about your sister Nida who can look after herself, but should worry about me, your brother, in gender.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 12, 2006  -  11:53 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Brother Tilawat, you wrote:
...it was Eve who had misguided Adam...

EXCUSE ME?!!! YOU'RE CONTRADICTING THE QUR'AN!!
Bro, what you're talking about is a Christian view! Are you Christian?!

I am sorry if I did that unwittingly. Can you please quote the Quran wherein it contradicted the Christian view?

In my view it was not a matter of faith but of fact as to who between Adam and Eve was responsible for misguidance which led to their banishment from the paradise. My question is why they could not live in paradise forever as brother and sister instead of polluting it with... and why are we repeating that and worrying for our sisters to get married, i.e., to have a man as a husband instead of a brother? Afala tafakroon.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 13, 2006  -  2:55 AM Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that I would personally love to be 'mis-guided' by Nida and hate to be 'guided' by Marwamrh.
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 13, 2006  -  3:05 AM Reply with quote
Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time."

Y: Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all their shame that was hidden from them (before): he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest ye should become angels or such beings as live for ever."
Y: And he swore to them both, that he was their sincere adviser.
Y: So by deceit he brought about their fall: when they tasted of the tree, their shame became
manifest to them, and they began to sew together the leaves of the garden over their bodies. And
their Lord called unto them: "Did I not forbid you that tree, and tell you that Satan was an avowed enemy unto you?"
Y: They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost."

More could be written. But it is sufficient to say that as Allah blames both without ever ascribing the blame solely on either adam or his wife; the biblical account is contradicted. And that you are more familiar with the biblical account says something.

What relevance has the rest of your question?

That even was a lesson for all humanity, not an original sin, but an original lesson.

Follow Allah's command
resist temptation- satan is your enemy
if you sin - repent and Allah is most merciful

in basic terms. More can most likely be written.

Why a husband and not a brother?

Because they are the parents of us all they must be unrelated as they were created without parents and so could not be brother and sister in any real sense.

afala tatafakaroon? right back at you.

salaam
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 13, 2006  -  3:09 AM Reply with quote
I cannot guide you because that is the domain of Allah.

As for misguidance... that is the domain of Allah too. Through your own ahwaa', through blinding you to the truth, and through your buddy shaitan.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Wednesday, December 13, 2006  -  3:25 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I cannot guide you because that is the domain of Allah.

As for misguidance... that is the domain of Allah too. Through your own ahwaa', through blinding you to the truth, and through your buddy shaitan.

Excellent, Marwan!!!!!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Next page >>
Page 8 of 9

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker