Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Ashraff

CANADA
Topic initiated on Sunday, October 22, 2006  -  5:54 PM Topic is locked
What day is it? 29th or 30th of ramadan?

Asalamu alaykum

Ok i can understand confusion or difference of opinion regarding the moon sighting oppinion.

But what i want to know is how can there be a difference of opinion regarding the date of Ramadan.

Here in Canada the islamic movements that follow muthhabs say that its the 29th of Ramadan today and say that Eid will end maybee tomorow or the mext day and

the followers of Coran and Sunna say it is the 30th of ramadan and give absolute positivity that Eid is tomorow.

Please help me understand the confusion
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, October 25, 2006  -  1:21 PM 
--- How come people from the same city seeing diff. moons ??
The science is so advanced today that we know the exact position of the moon by calculations and there is no need to see the moon physically.

In determining the prayer times when Sun is not out, we see the time and pray accordingly, so why not do the same with following the moon ??

The rule is simple "see the moon and celeberate eid or count 30 days of fast."

the vital point in this is Islam wants to involve masses even in major decisions.No clergy ,no pope ,no church.
we deliberately handed over each and every issue to ulemas and sit aloof.

Edited by: raushan on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 1:28 PM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, October 28, 2006  -  7:31 AM 
muslims want to use technology every where else e.g you use watches for namaz times,planes to go to haj,cars to travel to masjid,emails to communicate,compasses to find kibla, and so many other instances but when it comes to the moon it is a big NO

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker