Page 1 of 12

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Sunday, November 19, 2006  -  11:44 AM Reply with quote
Hadith's Authenticity

Adil Salahi
At the time of the Prophet (Pbuh), few of the Arabs were able to read and write. The overwhelming majority, including the Prophet himself, were illiterate. A number of the Prophet’s companions who enjoyed the accomplishment of literacy were entrusted with the task of writing down the Our’an. Whenever the Prophet received Qur’anic revelation, he ordered one of them to commit it to writing. Thus, when the Qur’an was compiled after the Prophet had passed away, his companions were able to collate a complete copy of the Qur’an which was kept by Abu Bakr, the first to succeed the Prophet as the ruler of the Muslim state. Some of the Prophet’s companions also wrote down Hadith (pronouncements of the Prophet). He, however, issued an order to all his companions to rub out whatever they had written down of his own statements. He feared that it might come to be confused with the Our’an. Those who accepted Islam and did not meet the Prophet, as well as new generations of Muslims, were eager to learn what the Prophet had said, since it is clear from the Qur’an and Islamic practices that what he said was meant to remain as guidance to all Muslims of all generations. A considerable part of Islam cannot be learnt from any source other than the Prophet’s Sunnah (i.e. his statements and actions).

Warning

Muslims have been aware of this since the very early days of Islam. Even his companions realized that. We have instance of some of his companions taking shifts to attend him. The one who has attended a certain shift would report to others what he heard the Prophet saying, and they, in turn, will make the same report when they attended him. This meant that Hadith was transmitted by word of mouth. The Prophet’s companions were very keen on memorizing his words accurately. They were cautioned by him in these terms: “He who deliberately and knowingly attributes to me something which I have not said will certainly have his place reserved for him in hell.” With such a warning, it is not surprising that the Prophet’s companions and their successors, as well as scholars in later generations, exercised a great measure of diligence in order to report the Prophet’s Hadiths in his own words.

In those early days, when people’s commitment to Islam was at its highest, no one entertained the slightest idea of attributing to the Prophet something which he was not certain the Prophet actually said. A quarter of a century after the Prophet had passed away, civil war erupted in the Muslim state. There were people who assumed an Islamic mantle working day and night in order to create division, hostility and conflict in the ranks of Muslims. They were able to bring two Muslim camps to fight one another. It is not surprising that such elements would fabricate any story to serve their purpose. To give credence to their stories, they attributed them to no lesser an authority than the Prophet. Thus, fabrication of Hadiths started.

Ilm Al-Jarh Wat-Ta’deel

Faced with this situation, Muslim scholars started to inquire about the reporter of any Hadith which has been reported to them. These were the origins of a science which was unique to Islamic civilization. It is known in Arabic as Ilm Al-Jarh Wat-Ta’deel. Its field of action was the reporters of Hadith, and its aim the evaluation of each reporter in order to classify him as reliable or not. As years went by, and generation followed another, every Hadith had to be reported by a chain of reporters or transmitters. Every single one had to be studied and classified. This was by no means an easy task. The scholars of Hadith realized that their work covered an area of great importance, since it made the difference between reliability and confusion with regard to the heritage of the Prophet.

Islamic scholarship began to flourish in the very early days of Islam. Once the Muslim state was well established, people gathered around the companions of the Prophet in order to learn from them and acquire an insight into the teachings and the principles of Islam. Since Islam encourages learning and puts in on par with worship, people realized that the more careful one is with his studies, the greater his reward from Allah. Hence, it is not surprising that from its very early days, Islamic scholarship was renowned for the dedication, accuracy and attention to detail of its scholars. We cannot stress strongly enough the element of accuracy in the study of Hadith.

It is sufficient to say that leading scholars devoted much of their attention to the study of Hadith and the confirmation of the authenticity of each Hadith before they passed any judgment on it. We find that the founders of three of the four major schools of thought, namely, Malik, Al-Shafie and Ahmad ibn Hanbal, each compiling a volume of the authentic Hadiths known to him. Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal devoted much of his time to the study of this particular branch. His Musnad is well known among the leading compilations of the Prophet’s Hadiths.

There were other learned scholars, in various parts of the Muslim state, who also devoted much of their time and effort to the sifting of statements attributed to the Prophet and establishing the authenticity of what was really said by him. Succeeding scholars built on the work done by their teachers, and the study of Hadith attracted the attention of every new scholar who wanted to serve Islam and benefit by his study.

Isnad

The study of isnad gathered great momentum, since it was through isnad, or chain of transmitters and reporters, that the authenticity of a certain Hadith was established. In order to appreciate how this developed into a great science, we have to remember that five or six generations after the Prophet there was a huge number of transmitters of Hadith who had to be studied carefully in order to establish the reliability of each one of them... Professor Mustafa Azami explains how isnad has flourished: “It is the common phenomenon of isnad system that as we go further, the number of transmitters increases. Sometimes a tradition transmitted by one companion of the Prophet acquires 10 students in the next generation, in the class of successors, and in turn these 10 students have in some cases 20 or 30 students belonging to different countries and provinces.” He then gives the example of a Hadith reported by Abu Hurairah that the Prophet said when anyone amongst you wakes up from sleep, he must not put his hand in his plate till he has washed it three times, for he does not know where his hand was during his sleep. Professor Azami explains that at least 13 students of Abu Hurairah transmitted this Hadith from him. Eight of them were from Madinah, two from Basrah and one each from Kufah, Yemen and Syria. Sixteen scholars also transmitted this tradition on the authority of Abu Hurairah’s 13 student. Six of them were from Madinah, four from Basrah, two from Kufah and one each from Makkah, Yemen, Khurasan and Syria.

Reliability of Hadith

Professor Azami then explains why the isnad gives us a clear idea of the reliability and authenticity of a certain Hadith. “The common feature of a good many traditions in the early part of the second century A.H. is the great number of transmitters who belonged to different provinces and countries, as we have seen (in the previous example). It was hardly possible for all these persons to consult each other so as to give a similar form and sense in transmitting a particular tradition. So, if a particular tradition is transmitted by so many persons with a similar form and sense, then its genuineness cannot be questioned, while the trustworthiness of the individuals has been confirmed by their contemporaries. It is general practice that if a man’s honesty is proved by his dealing with people, then his words are accepted as a true statement unless it is proved otherwise by facts. For the past generation with whom personal contact is impossible, one needs to rely, to a large extent, on the testimony of contemporary sources. The standard fixed by scholars of Hadith from the very early days was that if someone told a lie in his personal life, though he was honest in the transmitting of Hadith, his Hadith would not be accepted. People criticized their fathers, brothers, friends and close relatives. Perhaps it was the highest possible standard that could be set for the documentation of any source. Therefore, there is no good reason to reject the testimony of contemporaries.

“Furthermore, the Hadith literature still offers an opportunity to satisfy us. The other method to test people’s trustworthiness and honesty in certain cases is by cross-reference to the statements of scholars. This method was also employed by scholars of Hadith from early days.”
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  10:35 AM Reply with quote
Authentic Hadith defense evidences:

Check out the links and details available at:

www.geocities.com/asimiqbal2nd/hadeeth.htm

and

http://asimiqbal.2.googlepages.com/hadeeth.htm
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  11:37 AM Reply with quote
Brother Raushan, this is another good topic initiated by you.

Brother Asim, I'm looking for books, that tell you which Hadeeth is correct/authentic, since months! If you live in Karachi, is it possible for you to tell me where all these books are available? I'm tired of relying on today's scholars all the time. I wanna be independent. I wanna have my own understanding of these Ahaadeeth, so I can know which one to follow.
Jazaakumullah.
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  12:36 PM Reply with quote
I am leaving this forum for an indefinite time .

you can contact me at my email addresses provided at my websites.

You can study Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim for beginning.

And the 5 Hadith defense books not currently available online for free download but specially M.M. Azmi's and Hamidullah's books are Masha'ALLAH! excellent for Hadith defense.

See my 2nd page on Hadith issues to get links to these books .
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  5:07 PM Reply with quote
Brother Asim, I already have the complete collection of both Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim. It's just that sometimes I get confused which Hadeeth is authentic, as there are so many that seem to contradict each other.
I couldn't find your e-mail address anywhere. Can you post it on this forum?
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  7:03 PM Reply with quote
The articles quoted below destroy the idea that the qur'an orders us to follow the hadith of muhammad for religious guidance, in ANY WAY.

Obey Allah and Obey the Messenger; One or Two Sources?

1. The Qur’an is complete and detailed for our guidance.
a. This implies that other sources of guidance are not necessary.
b. Anything not in the Qur’an (by virtue of its completeness) is not binding upon us.
2. The excellent example of the prophet can be found in the Qur’an in the same way it can for Ibrahim.
3. The only revelation/inspiration given to Muhammad was the Qur’an. That is, it is the only guidance from Allah that reaches him.
a. Those who do not judge by what is REVEALED are unbelievers/wrong doers/rebellious.

Now one may say “What if what is revealed tells us to follow what is not revealed (Like Hadith)?” This lesson will deal with this situation, inshallah.

First of all, judging by what is revealed can only happen with the Qur’an. As the Hadith is not revealed, there is no circumstance under which we may judge from it. If Allah says to judge by Hadith (by implication or whatever) then this would contradict with the command to judge by what has been revealed. To continue…

The major argument of the followers of Hadith for the need for and validity of Hadith can be found in the “obey Allah and obey the Messenger” type ayahs.

Lets consider what these could possibly mean: -

1. Obey what Allah says and obey what the prophet independently (independent of the revelation) says.
2. Obey what the prophet says which is revealed to him from Allah.
3. Obey what the prophet says as a result of what was revealed to him from Allah (As in when he judges by the Qur’an).

Obey Allah and obey the Messenger: -

“Say, ‘Obey Allah and the Messenger.’ Then if they turn away, Allah does not love the disbelievers.”
(3:32)

Disobedience makes you a disbeliever.

“You who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger. And do not turn away from him when you are able to hear.”
(8:20)

“The reply of the believers when they are summoned to Allah and His Messenger so that He (Allah) can judge between them, is to say, ‘We hear and we obey.’ They are ones who are successful.”
(24:51)

Here we clearly see the phrase ‘Allah and His Messenger’ is followed by a clear indication that is the judgement of Allah (He) that is obeyed when you obey the judgement of ‘Allah and His Messenger’. Only Allah judges (12:40, 18:26), and this confirms the understanding just reached.

“All who obey Allah and His Messenger and have awe of Allah and fear of Him, they are the ones who are victorious.”
(24:52)

“You who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger. And do not turn away from him when you are able to hear.”
(8:20)

This verse tells us that Allah and his messenger are obeyed through the mouth of the Messenger. This is obvious, and Allah is exact when he states to obey ‘Allah and his messenger’, because if the messenger is delivering the words of Allah, how can you disobey his words and still obey Allah?

Etc…

So are these verses telling us to obey what Allah says and obey what the prophet independently (independent of the revelation) says?

Muhammad has no power from himself to guide correctly: -

“When the servant of Allah stands calling on Him, they almost swarm all over him. Say: 'I call only upon my Lord and do not associate anyone else with Him.' Say: 'I possess no power to do you harm or to guide you right.' Say: 'No one can protect me from Allah and I will never find any refuge apart from Him –only in transmitting from Allah and His Messages. As for him who disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he will have the Fire of Hell, remaining in it timelessly, for ever and ever.' So that when they see what they were promised, they will know who has less support and smaller numbers. Say: 'I do not know whether what you are promised is close or whether my Lord will appoint a longer time before it.'”
(72:19-25)

“Surely you cannot guide whom you like/love, but Allah guides whom He pleases, and He knows best the followers of the right way.
And they (Muhammad’s contemporaries) say: If we follow the guidance (Qur’an) with you, we shall be carried off from our country. What ! have We not settled them in a safe, sacred territory to which fruits of every kind shall be drawn?-- a sustenance from Us; but most of them do not know.”
(28:56-57)

This not only tells us that Muhammad cannot guide whom he likes, but it also clearly indicates that his contemporaries recognised that the guidance they were being called to was the guidance with him (the Qur’an) and not his guidance

Muhammad follows only the Qur’an: -

“And when Our clear communications are recited to them, those who hope not for Our meeting say: Bring a Qur’an other than this or change it. Say: It is not for me to change it of myself; I only follow what has been revealed to me; surely I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the punishment of a mighty day.”
(10:15)

“Say: ‘I am nothing new among the Messengers. I have no idea what will be done with me or you. I only follow what has been revealed to me. I am only a clear warner.’” (46:9)

“Say: O people! indeed there has come to you the truth from your Lord (The Qur’an), therefore whoever receives guidance, he does so only for the good of his own soul, and whoever goes astray, he goes astray only to the detriment of it, and I am not a disposer of affairs for you.
And follow what is revealed to you and be patient till Allah should give judgment, and He is the best of the judges.”
(10:108-109)

Muhammad is made to proclaim that the truth which gives guidance is that which is sent down to him, the Qur’an. And that all of us must follow that which is revealed.

Muhammad’s judgements come only from the word of Allah: -

“"Am I to desire someone other than Allah as a judge when it is He Who has sent down the Book explained in detail?" Those We have given the Book know that it has been sent down from your Lord with truth, so on no account be among the doubters”
(6: 114)

“Surely We have revealed the Book to you with the truth that you may judge between people by means of that which Allah has taught you; and be not an advocate on behalf of the treacherous.”
(4:105)

Muhammad warns by the Qur’an, not by his own wisdom: -

“Say: What thing is the weightiest in testimony? Say: Allah is witness between you and me; and this Qur’an has been revealed to me that with it I may warn you and whomsoever it reaches. Do you really bear witness that there are other gods with Allah? Say: I do not bear witness. Say: He is only one Allah, and surely I am clear of that which you set up (with Him).”
(6:19)

Thus it is clear that Muhammad was not to warn by his own wisdom or anything else (what people would now call Hadith and Sunnah).

Muhammad guides by the Qur’an: -

“Allah has prepared for them severe chastisement, therefore be careful of (your duty to) Allah, O men of understanding who believe! Allah has indeed revealed to you a reminder,
A Messenger who recites to you the clear revelations of Allah so that he may bring forth those who believe and do good deeds from darkness into light; and whoever believes in Allah and does good deeds, He will cause him to enter gardens beneath which rivers now, to abide therein forever, Allah has indeed given him a goodly sustenance.”
(65:10-11)

So it is clear that Muhammad did not give any guidance apart/independent from the Qur’an.

The next possibility refers to obeying the revelation that Muhammad is delivering to his people.

In this case, what Muhammad is saying is in fact the word of Allah and it must be obeyed, the next verses help in seeing this: -

Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, with elaboration: -

“And obey Allah and obey the messenger and be cautious; but if you turn back, then know that only a clear deliverance of the message is (incumbent) on Our messenger” (5:92)

Here we are told that if we disobey Allah and the messenger, then upon the MESSENGER is only the task of delivering the message (that is, of reciting the Qur’an to the people).

“Say: Obey Allah and obey the messenger; but if you turn back (if you disobey him), then on him rests that which is imposed on him (clear deliverance of the message) and on you rests that which is imposed on you; and if you obey him, you will be guided; and nothing rests on the messenger but clear delivering (of the message)”.
(24:54)
‘and if you obey him, you will be guided’ but from (72:19-25), we see that Muhammad has no power to guide aright, hence we see here that in the context of obeying Allah and his messenger, the obeying of Muhammad is in actual fact the obedience of Allah, which ties in with what immediately follows it, namely that his mission was simply to clearly deliver the revelation (The Qur’an) and (4:80 below).

And if we once again look at the following verses: -

“When the servant of Allah stands calling on Him, they almost swarm all over him. Say: 'I call only upon my Lord and do not associate anyone else with Him.' Say: 'I possess no power to do you harm or to guide you right.' Say: 'No one can protect me from Allah and I will never find any refuge apart from Him –only in transmitting from Allah and His Messages. As for him who disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he will have the Fire of Hell, remaining in it timelessly, for ever and ever.' So that when they see what they were promised, they will know who has less support and smaller numbers. Say: 'I do not know whether what you are promised is close or whether my Lord will appoint a longer time before it.'”

If we study the two underlined statements in this ayah we very clearly get an understanding of what it means to say ‘Obey Allah and his messenger’. The first statement: -

' Say: 'I (The messenger Muhammad) possess no power to do you harm or to guide you right.'

This very clearly indicates that Muhammad CANNOT guide us correctly (To Jannah or away from Jahhannam).

Yet the next statement says: -

As for him who disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he will have the Fire of Hell, remaining in it timelessly, for ever and ever.'

And it implies that Obeying Allah and the messenger guides to Jannah and away from Jahannam! And as Muhammad cannot guide us, but Allah and his messenger can guide us, it therefore follows that Allah and his messenger does not refer to the separate obedience of Muhammad and Allah for our guidance, but instead t the obedience of Allah through the obedience of the Messenger when he recites the Qur’an .

“And if you (o people) reject (the truth), nations before you did indeed reject (the truth); and nothing is incumbent on the messenger but a plain delivering (of the message)”.
(29:18)

No duty is imposed upon the messenger but to proclaim the message.

“And obey Allah and obey the messenger, but if you turn back, then upon Our messenger devolves only the clear delivery (of the message)”.
(64:12)

No duty is imposed upon the messenger but to proclaim the message.

“Whoever obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah. If anyone turns away, we did not send you to them as their keeper.”
(4:80)

If you obey the Messenger (NOT IF YOU OBEY MUHAMMAD), you have obeyed Allah, and if anyone disobeys (turns away), then it is not the messenger’s (in this case Muhammad) job to look after them (the disbelievers) or arrange their affairs. Which means that for those who obey Allah and his messenger (The Qur’an), the messenger will then have the responsibility of looking out for them or arranging their affairs. This is dealt within lesson 5.

(4:80) very clearly shows that obeying Muhammad was the same as obeying Allah. This is because Muhammad ordered only what Allah ordered (In the Qur’an), this also shows that if Muhammad said something that was not from the Qur’an, then it would not be binding as it is not what Allah said and therefore would not fit (4:80).

Some other indications of the fact that Obey Allah and obey the messenger, is referring to the word of Allah as spoken by the prophet are as follows: -

“And an announcement from Allah and his Messenger to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that Allah and his Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters; therefore, if you repent, it will be better for you, and if you turn back, then know that you will not weaken Allah; and announce painful punishment to those who disbelieve”
(9:3)

Was this referring to two different announcements, one from the prophet and the other from Allah? No! Here lies the logic of saying Allah and his messenger, because even though it is the word of Allah, it is spoken by Muhammad and hence defined as his word too. So if you say obey Allah and not Muhammad, no one would obey the Qur’an, if you say obey Allah only all the time, then there would be ambiguity with respect to obeying the (Qur’anic) words when they came from Muhammad’s mouth. (4:80) fits in with this perfectly.

This is what Allah does, he reveals his message to a human who proclaims it, Allah has never spoken to towns and cities directly, it was always through a messenger, through the mouth of the messenger.

Of note is the fact that we never read in the Qur’an words like "Obey Allah and obey Muhammad", there is something instructive in this, as it is not Muhammad the man that was to be obeyed, it was the messenger that was to be obeyed, this is to emphasise that what is to be obeyed is the "message" of God and not the words, ideas or views of the man Muhammad.

So when you obey the messenger, you are of course obeying the message and hence Allah.

Allah Decides and the messenger decides the same way, no separation in this: -

“When Allah and His Messenger have decided something it is not for any man or woman of the believers to have a choice about it. Anyone who disobeys Allah and His Messenger is clearly misguided.”
(33:36)

It is obvious that Muhammad will decide whatever Allah decides, and hence there cannot be any separation in this regard (that is, that you would obey the decisions of Allah in the Qur’an, and separately obey the decisions of Muhammad even if they have no Qur’anic basis). The next verses clarify that it is only Allah who judges anything and not Muhammad. That is why Muhammad can make no judgement unless it is Allah’s.

Only Allah Judges: -

“Surely the Hukm (Law and Judgment) is for none but Allah”
(12:40)

“He does not make anyone His associate in His Hukm (Law and Judgment)”
(18:26)

“Shall I seek a Law-giver other than Allah? When He it is Who has revealed to you the Book distinctly elucidated.”
(6:114)

And so we see that there is no separation of Authority in the phrase ‘Obey Allah and obey the messenger’, it really just means, obey the word of Allah by obeying what is revealed through the prophet.

Hence the 3rd possibility of absolutely obeying for all time what the prophet says as a result of what was revealed to him from Allah (As in when he judges by the Qur’an) is not to be accepted, as the prophet’s individual judgement is not the judgement or word of Allah and hence cannot be described as Allah and the messenger’s word/judgement (it is merely the judgement of a societal leader for his time and place, and not revelation and guidance for all humanity). This can only happen if it is first Allah’s judgement (That is, if it is contained in the Qur’an). Because for example, Muhammad used his judgement in (9:43) and was wrong, because it was not the judgement of Allah.

Let us not forget that the Qur’an is full of Allah’s judgements and answers to the kuffar and Muslims, recall: -

“The rejecters say: ‘Why is not the Qur’an revealed to him all at once? Thus (it is revealed gradually) that We may strengthen your heart thereby and We have arranged it in right order. And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the best explanation”
(25:32-33)

“O you who believe! Do not put questions about things which if declared to you may trouble you, and if you question about them when the Qur’an is being revealed, they shall be declared to you; Allah pardons this, and Allah is Forgiving, Forbearing.” (5:101)

And so Muhammad would have answered his opponents directly with the Word of Allah. Recall all the places Allah says ‘Say (Qul)’ to the believers and unbelievers, and ‘They say (Qalu/Qaal)’ or they ask…

Consider the next verse: -

“Follow what has been revealed to you from your Lord and do not follow guardians besides Him, how little do you mind.”
(7:3)

This is general in scope, so we should not even take Muhammad/Messenger as a guardian other than Allah when it comes to guidance. This is the clear command of Allah to follow what has been revealed. Not what the prophet says, not what he does, but what is revealed.

But to obey what the prophet says as a result of what was revealed to him from Allah (As in when he judges by the Qur’an) is in fact valid because of his societal role (as indicated in the Qur’an) apart from being the messenger (this is dealt with in the next lesson (5)).

In conclusion, consider the following: -

“Say: I only call upon my Lord, and I do not associate any one with Him.
Say: I do not control for you evil or good.
Say: Surely no one can protect me against Allah, nor can I find besides Him any refuge:
(Mine is) but a delivery from Allah and His messages; and whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger surely he shall have the fire of hell to abide therein for a long time.
Until when they see what they are threatened with, then shall they know who is weaker in helpers and fewer in number.
Say (O Muhammad, unto the disbelievers): I know not whether that which ye are promised is nigh, or if my Lord hath set a distant term for it.
The Knower of the unseen! and He does not reveal His secrets to any,
Except to him whom He chooses as a messenger; for surely He makes a guard to march before him and after him,
So that He may make evident that they have truly delivered the messages of their Lord, and He encompasses what is with them and He records the number of all things.”
(72:20-28)

“"Am I to desire someone other than Allah as a judge when it is He Who has sent down the Book explained in detail?" Those We have given the Book know that it has been sent down from your Lord with truth, so on no account be among the doubters.”

Consider this, Allah has told us that the Qur’an is detailed, clear and complete for our guidance, what sense does it then make to say that Allah is telling us to follow more/separate guidance from Muhammad?

Consider: -

“Is it not enough for them that We have revealed to you the Book which is recited to them? Most surely there is mercy in this and a reminder for a people who believe.” (29:51)

Even from this point of view, in order for the Qur’an to be without contradiction, ‘obey Allah and the messenger’ cannot mean to obey two separate sources for guidance.

Edited by: marwan on Saturday, July 10, 2010 1:43 PM
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  7:05 PM Reply with quote
And this answers the lame hadithi cry "are you saying muhammad was only a mouth peace and not the partner of Allah in guiding us like us hadithi people make him out to be?"

What was the role of the Prophet?

This lesson will deal with what was the social role of Muhammad as distinct from his role as a messenger of the Message of the Qur’an, this is to answer the question often raised “Was Muhammad just a mouthpiece for the Qur’an and nothing else?”.

As part of this social role, Muhammad was indeed to be obeyed as the leader of the community, but this is in a manner distinct from the obedience to word of Allah.

“O Prophet! when believing women come to you giving you a pledge that they will not associate aught with Allah, and will not steal, and will not commit fornication, and will not kill their children, and will not bring a calumny which they have forged of themselves, and will not disobey you in what is good, accept their pledge, and ask forgiveness for them from Allah; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.”
(60:12)

Muhammad judges by what is revealed to him, if he errs in this he is not to be obeyed as he has not the right of Allah to be absolutely obeyed. The reality is that when the Qur’an was not being revealed to him, Muhammad had to judge by it and lead his people in that regard, in this sense he was to be obeyed as the leader of the Muslims who in his capacity ruled by the Qur’an.

“We sent no Messenger except to be obeyed by Allah’s permission. If only when they wronged themselves they had come to you and asked Allah’s forgiveness and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them they would have found Allah Ever-Returning, Most Merciful.”
(4:64)

Every prophet that Allah has sent was to be obeyed by Allah’s permission as part of the prophet’s mission. So this not something new. And as Muhammad is dead, we have no obligation to obey him (he is no longer the leader of the Muslims); hence we obey what he proclaimed.

“Say: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful
Say: Obey Allah and the Messenger; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.”
(3:31-32)

From this we see that there is a distinction made between following the messenger (making him the leader who judges by the Qur’an and uses consultation) because they love Allah, and obeying Allah and the messenger (The verbatim word of Allah).

“O ye who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable in the end.”
(4:59)

This verse tells us the following:

1. Recall from before that the obey Allah and his messenger means that you obey the revelation of Allah through the messenger.
2. Those who we elect by consultation to be figures of authority should be obeyed in their capacity, which is to fulfil their roles by consultation, unless they are going against the revelation of Allah through his prophet Muhammad.

So the general message is to obey ‘Allah and his messenger’ (The Qur’an) as the primary authority in all affairs, but then in affairs of state (mediated by those charged with authority), which should be sorted by consultation: -

“Those who hearken to their Lord, and establish regular Prayer; who (conduct) their affairs by mutual Consultation; who spend out of what We bestow on them for Sustenance;”
(42:38)

Consultation takes place on the affairs of state and how they are established in accordance with the words of Allah, this verse applied even to Muhammad in his role as state leader. But he could be wrong, Muhammad used his judgement in (9:43) and was wrong, because it was not the judgement of Allah.

Decisions or judgements must be made in accordance with the Qur’an, and if some believe that this is not happening, then the Qur’an will be referred to. In the Day of the prophet he was the go-to man as it was through him that revelation came. And we must recall that Allah tells Muhammad that he reveals the Qur’an to him to answer questions and steady his heart (Note all the ‘say’ verses in which Allah answers Muslims and kafirs).

“The rejecters say: ‘Why is not the Qur’an revealed to him all at once? Thus (it is revealed gradually) that We may strengthen your heart thereby and We have arranged it in right order. And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the best explanation”
(25:32-33)

“O you who believe! Do not put questions about things which if declared to you may trouble you, and if you question about them when the Qur’an is being revealed, they shall be declared to you; Allah pardons this, and Allah is Forgiving, Forbearing.” (5:101)

It must be noted that Muhammad was the community leader, because as Islam regulates our actions in life, the person responsible to tell us these responsibilities and actions will also be the leader in the community.

“Say: ‘I am nothing new among the Messengers. I have no idea what will be done with me or you. I only follow what has been revealed to me. I am only a clear warner.’”
(46:9)

Let us not forget that nothing new comes through the prophet except the Qur’an and that it is only the Qur’an that he follows. Muhammad was a messenger of Allah among them.

“And We have sent down the Book to you with truth, confirming and conserving the previous Books. So judge between them by what Allah has sent down and do not follow their whims and desires deviating from the Truth that has come to you. We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had Allah willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to Allah and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed. Judge between them by what Allah has sent down and do not follow their whims and desires. And beware of them lest they lure you away from some of what Allah has sent down to you (The Qur’an). If they turn their backs, then know that Allah wants to afflict them with some of their wrong actions. Many of mankind are deviators.”
(5: 48-49)

These ayahs clarify that the prophet was to judge among his followers according to what Allah had revealed to him. Muhammad was as such a judge among them, but Allah is The judge, so nothing new comes from Muhammad, he merely judges by what is with him of the Qur’an.

So it is clear that when the leader judges by what has been revealed, it makes sense that Allah requires the Muslims to follow him and help him in what he says and does.

“"Am I to desire someone other than Allah as a judge when it is He Who has sent down the Book to you clarifying everything?" Those We have given the Book know that it has been sent down from your Lord with truth, so on no account be among the doubters.”

Muhammad is made to proclaim that it is only Allah he seeks as a judge.

“Say: 'I am only a human being like yourselves. It is revealed to me that your god is One God. So let him who hopes to meet his Lord act rightly and not associate anyone in the worship of his Lord.'”
(18: 110)

Muhammad was a man like any other, that is, he was merely a human. What increases his status among mankind is his carrying out of the task for which he was selected, namely, to clearly preach the words of Allah to those around him.

Very important here is the statement that Muhammad has no power to guide to right. This is a clear statement of the fact that his authority and judgement is based solely upon what Allah has revealed to him.

“Those who follow the Messenger, the Unlettered Prophet, whom they find written down with them in the Torah and the Gospel, commanding them to do right and forbidding them to do wrong, making good things lawful for them and bad things unlawful for them, relieving them of their heavy loads and the chains which were around them. Those who believe in him and honour him and help him, and follow the Light that has been sent down with him, they are the ones who are successful.' Say: 'Mankind! I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, of Him to Whom the kingdom of the heavens and earth belongs. There is no god but Him. He gives life and causes to die.' So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Unlettered Prophet, who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him so that hopefully you will be guided.'”
(7: 157-158)

These verses shows that Muhammad was to be followed by his people, by the fact that he commands them to do good and forbids them to do wrong (Through the Qur’an). They help the prophet and they follow the revelation/commands given to him. These commands will affect any and all aspects of life… Which once again explains to us how the messenger was the community leader and what he did.

“O Prophet! Allah is enough for you, and for the believers who follow you. O Prophet! Spur on the believers to fight. If there are twenty of you who are steadfast, they will overcome two hundred; and if there are a hundred of you, they will overcome a thousand of those who are disbelievers, because they are people who do not understand.”
(8: 64-65)

This verse shows Muhammad as the war leader of his people, and that the Muslims of the time were to be his followers in establishing the rule of the Qur’an. Muhammad and the Muslims obeyed Allah in the command to fight and Muhammad consulted with his people on the manner of the fight.

“On that Day We will raise up among every community a witness against them from amongst themselves, and bring you as a witness against them. We have sent down the Book to you making all things clear and as guidance and mercy and good news for the Muslims”
(16:89)

Muhammad was a witness among his people.

“Say: ‘I am only a warner. There is no god except Allah, the One, the All-Conquering, Lord of the heavens and the earth and everything between them, the Almighty, the Endlessly Forgiving.’ Say: ‘This is momentous news yet you ignore it! I knew nothing of the Highest Assembly when they debated. It is only revealed to me that I am a clear warner.’”
(38:65-70)

Muhammad was a warner among his people.

So Muhammad was (in addition to his role as the messenger): -

• A Judge for his people
• A War leader of his people
• A community Leader
• A witness among his people
• A warner of his people

All as a result of his mission to guide to Allah’s command by the Qur’an. Of course Muhammad did more than parrot the Qur’an. He judged by it, he led into war according to it, he led the community in its actions by it with consultation (Shura), and he called to the truth among the deniers of truth and the people of the book by the Qur’an. Of course Allah commanded the Muslims to follow Muhammad, he was their divinely ordained leader who ran the affairs of the Muslims with the Qur’an and by consultation.

He was Muhammad, a Muslim, a messenger from Allah, no more and no less. Let us truly love Muhammad by following the Message he fought to proclaim, by following the Qur’an alone. Not by making words that he possibly said as part of his societal role a source of guidance.

There is more that could be written, but it’s not necessary in this particular topic.

I want to take the opportunity here to deal with a verse that I think may have been previously missed, this is regarding the verse which says you must take what the prophet gives you and leave what he forbids/withholds from you. The verse follow:-

“What Allah has bestowed on His Messenger from the people of the townships,- belongs to Allah,- to His Messenger and to kindred and orphans, the needy and the wayfarer; In order that it may not (merely) make a circuit between the wealthy among you. So take what the Messenger assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you. And fear Allah; for Allah is strict in Punishment. ( the booty is) for the poor fugitives who have been driven out from their homes and their belongings, who seek bounty from Allah and help Allah and His messenger. They are the truthful.”
(59:7-8)

If you read the context it becomes very clear that this verse is talking about the distribution of wars spoils and not in any way to do with Guidance, Muhammad was only fulfilling his role as war leader and community leader. I think there is another verse like this, but once the context is read the same conclusion is reached. Please feel free to point out any verses that you think may indicate that Muhammad had any authority whatsoever to create Islamic legislation. He only followed and administered with the Qur’an.

A Final Logical point: -

Sometimes proponents of Hadith actually quote Hadith as justification for the following of Hadith. This is completely illogical, because the Hadith must first of all be proven to be accepted and promoted by the Qur’an, let us recall: -

“… He has sent down the Criterion (Furqan; the Standard by which to discern the true from the false, it’s a name for the Qur’an). Those who reject Allah's Signs will have a terrible punishment. Allah is Almighty, Exactor of Revenge.”
(3:4)
Here we see that Allah is telling us that this Qur’an is a criterion by which to distinguish that which is right from that which is wrong. And if you have read the previous lessons then you will know that the verdict of Allah in the Qur’an is that the Qur’an is all we need. This by definition means that the Hadith is not a part of our guidance.

Also, let us not forget if we are to follow the good example of the prophet, then consider the following verses: -

“… If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are Unbelievers (Kaafiroon).”
(5:44)

“… If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are Wrong Doers (Zalimoon).”
(5:45)

“…Judge between them by what Allah has sent down and do not follow their whims and desires. And beware of them lest they lure you away from some of what Allah has sent down to you….”
(5:49)

So Allah instructs Muhammad and all of mankind to judge by what Allah has revealed, and that is the Qur’an. Those who do not do this are deniers of the truth and are sinners.

Therefore, when a proponent of Hadith asks you to judge the validity of Hadith from the Hadith itself, then he/she is disobeying Allah. It is time to shun the word of man as our guidance, let us bow down before the word of Allah and deny all partners in guidance.

All praise is to Allah, The Cherisher, Maintainer and Creator of all that is.
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  7:07 PM Reply with quote
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10... Ding ding ding... eeeeeeets a knockout!!! you guys lose...
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  7:14 PM Reply with quote
marwan

IRELAND Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006 - 7:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Quote Marwan
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10... Ding ding ding... eeeeeeets a knockout!!! you guys lose...

how very mature of you, feel good do you continue as pleasure of this world is temporary.
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  7:51 PM Reply with quote
to save me some time, a useful but not defining book to read is http://www.mostmerciful.com/hadith-book1.pdf

I do not agree with everything that this author may write.

even with all the bull rules of hadith that are made, you can't sort the truth from the falsehood in them as they are all made up.

useful documents are found at http://www.quran-islam.org/239.html
www.quran-islam.org/240.html

I do not agree with everything that this author may write.

PART 1

1- No soul will be credited from the deeds of another

The Quran says:

God asserts the fact that no soul will be accountable to the sins of another, and equally that no soul will be credited from the deeds of another. In other words, each soul will be held accoutable only to what it has done.

"Every soul is responsible only for his/her own work" 53:39

".............no soul benefits except from its own work....." 6:164

Hadith attributed to the prophet:

In spite of these firm assurances from God, there are hadith that quote the prophet declaring that one can observe Hajj on behalf of others (whether they are dead or alive)! and that one can give Zakat on behalf of them and also fast on behalf of them! In other words, these hadith cancel all the content of 53:39 and 6:164 and declares that despite what these Quranic ayat say that one can still benefit and be credited on Judgement Day from the work of another!

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 589:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abbas:

"Al-Fadl (his brother) was riding behind Allah's Apostle and a woman from the tribe of Khath'am came and Al-Fadl started looking at her and she started looking at him. The Prophet turned Al-Fadl's face to the other side. The woman said, "O Allah's Apostle! The obligation of Hajj enjoined by Allah on His devotees has become due on my father and he is old and weak, and he cannot sit firm on the Mount; may I perform Hajj on his behalf?" The Prophet replied, "Yes, you may." That happened during the Hajj-al-Wadaa (of the Prophet )."

The obvious question here is: would the prophet of God teach what is in violation of the message of the Quran? would God tell us a truth in the Quran and the prophet says the opposite?

2- God is the Only Judge

The Quran says:

As early as the very first Sura of the Quran (The Key/Opener) we are told of some rights that are exclusive to God alone. One of these is God right of being The Sole judge on the Day of Judgement.

"Master of the Day of Judgement" 1:4

also,

"All sovereignty on that day (of Judgement) belongs to God alone…." 22:56

"That is the day when no soul can help another soul, and all decisions on that day, will belong to God alone" 82:19

In this following ridiculous hadith, not only do we read that the angels take charge of judging a man after his death, but that the angels quarrel between themselves as to his fate!!!!

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 676:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

"The Prophet said, "Amongst the men of Bani Israel there was a man who had murdered ninety-nine persons. Then he set out asking (whether his repentance could be accepted or not). He came upon a monk and asked him if his repentance could be accepted. The monk replied in the negative and so the man killed him. He kept on asking till a man advised to go to such and such village. (So he left for it) but death overtook him on the way. While dying, he turned his chest towards that village (where he had hoped his repentance would be accepted), and so the angels of mercy and the angels of punishment quarrelled amongst themselves regarding him. Allah ordered the village (towards which he was going) to come closer to him, and ordered the village (whence he had come), to go far away, and then He ordered the angels to measure the distances between his body and the two villages. So he was found to be one span closer to the village (he was going to). So he was forgiven."

First, this hadith contradicts the fact that God is the only Judge, for in this incident the angels judge this man and quarrel amongst themselves while doing so! Also note how this hadith ends by saying that the fate of the man was eventually decided by means of the most ridiculous method (the distance of his dead body in relation to two villages), something that has nothing to do with whether he was a good believer or not nor by whether he led a righteous life or not! If we believe what this hadith is telling us, then in fact we have to wander what do ones deeds really matter if at the end of the day the fate of someone can be decided by none more than the proximity of his dead body to two villages!!!

It is true that God's Mercy is infinite, and that He may forgive whoever He pleases, but surely God will also judge this man who committed murder in accordance to his belief and righteousness and not by moving two villages then measuring the distance between the dead body and each of the villages!! This whole fabricated fairy tale smells too much of a naive medieval mentality and is a gross insult to God being the Best Judge.

Furthermore, we are told in 82:19 that judgement comes on Judgement Day, that is why it is called Judgement Day! However, this hadith contradicts this Quranic truth by stating that the angels gave this man his judgement upon dying!

3- God is the Only Law Giver

The Quran says:

The Quran tells us that God is the ONLY Law Giver:

"Shall I seek other than God as a source of Law......" 6:114

We are also told that the only duty of any messenger is to deliver God's message.

"The soul duty of the messenger is to deliver the message" 5:99

In confirmation of this clear message we find that on one occasion when the prophet actually prohibited something that God has made lawful, God reprimanded him for doing so:

"O you prophet, why do you prohibit what God has made lawful to you, just to please your wives?" 66:1

In spite of all these firm assurances that God is the ONLY law Giver, we find many hadith which claim that the prophet prohibited one item or another (e.g. gold and silk which God made lawful, but are prohibited for men in the hadith!!!)

In both Bukhari and Muslim we read that the prophet is claimed to have prohibited silk and said:

"Do not wear silk, for those who wear it in this life shall not wear it in the Hereafter."

The amazing thing is that in another hadith we find a total contradiction to the hadith prohibiting silk:

"The halal is that which Allah has made lawful in His Book and haram is that which He has forbidden, and that concerning which He is silent He has permitted as a favour to you."

Reported in Al-Hakim, classified as sahih (sound), and quoted by al-Bazzar, (Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah).

(The Lawful and Prohibited in Islam (arb: Al halal wal haram fil Islam) by. Yusuf Al Qaradawi).

If we follow the logic of the above hadith we should recognise that since silk is not prohibited in the Quran then it is lawful for men to wear, so why is the prophet prohibiting men from wearing it? The answer is simple, the prophet never prohibited silk (nor anything not prohibited by God). The only time that the prophet made an error and prohibited something which was not prohibited by God he was reprimanded by God for doing so (see 66:1).

4- Contact Prayers (Salat)

Times of Prayer

The Quran says:

God asserts in the Quran that the prescribed Salat must be observed at specific times only:

"................the Contact Prayers (Salat) are decreed for the believers at SPECIFICtimes" 4:103

In spite of this clear law of God, we read numerous hadith that makes it permissible for people to observe the salat after it's prescribed time has passed. This they call (Salat Qada). As a result of this un-Quranic concession, the devil has tricked millions into ignoring 4:103 altogether and unlawfully observe all their missed prayers collectively at night when they would not be leaving any work or leisure to commemorate God!

By doing so they miss the prime issue related to observing Salat at specific times, the reader is invited to read the following Quranic words:

"People who are not distracted by business or trade from commemorating God; they observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and they are conscious of the day when the minds and the eyes will be horrified." 24:37

These words outline clearly why we must observe the salat at specific times and not let any business, trade, or leisure distract us from doing so. Obviously if we were to ignore the specific times set by God when we are busy at our work or leisure then we would have totally ignored the command in 24:37

Nevertheless, there will always be a corrupt hadith that will totally violate a specific Quranic command, and with regards to the command in 4:103, we find a number of fabricated hadith that falsely say that the prophet observed prayers outside their prescribed times.

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 20, Number 212:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

"Whenever the Prophet started a journey before noon, he used to delay the Zuhr prayer till the time of 'Asr and then offer them together; and if the sun declined (at noon) he used to offer the Zuhr prayer and then ride (for the journey)."

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 733:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

"The Prophet offered the Maghrib and 'Isha' prayers together at Jam' (i.e. Al-Muzdalifa) with a separate Iqama for each of them and did not offer any optional prayer in between them or after each of them."

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 734:

Narrated Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari:

"Allah's Apostle offered the Maghrib and 'Isha' prayers together at Al-Muzdalifa."

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 742:

Narrated Abdullah:

"I never saw the Prophet offering any prayer not at its stated time except two; he prayed the Maghrib and the 'Isha' together and he offered the morning prayer before its usual time".

Is it possible that the prophet changed the law of God in 4:103 and observed prayers outside their times?

5- Contact Prayers (Salat)

Shortening the Prayers

The Quran says:

"When you travel during war, you commit no error by shortening your Contact Prayers (Salat), if you fear that the disbelievers may attack you." 4:101

It is clear from this verse that the only concession granted by God for the believers to shorten their Salat is during war when they fear for their lives. Then in the verse that follows (4:101) God outlines very careful instructions as to how the believers should pray in groups, so that others may stand guard.

In all the Quran there are no concessions to shorten the Salat for any other reason.

Sadly Muslims today shorten their prayers whenever they travel, even if travelling in the comfort of air-conditioned trains or planes!

This they do because they have disregarded God's Law of the Quran and believed corrupted 'hadith' that claim that the prophet shortened his prayers whenever he travelled!

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 20, Number 186:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

"The Prophet once stayed for nineteen days and prayed shortened prayers. So when we travelled (and stayed) for nineteen days, we used to shorten the prayer but if we travelled (and stayed) for a longer period we used to offer the full prayer."

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 773:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

"The Prophet offered four Rakat of Zuhr prayer at Medina and two Rakat of 'Asr prayer at Dhul-Hulaifa. Narrated Aiyub: "A man said: Anas said, "Then he (the Prophet) passed the night there till dawn and then he offered the morning (Fajr) prayer."

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 20, Number 187:

Narrated Yahya bin Ishaq:

"I heard Anas saying, "We travelled with the Prophet from Medina to Mecca and offered two Rakat (for every prayer) till we returned to Medina." I said, "Did you stay for a while in Mecca?" He replied, "We stayed in Mecca for ten days."

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 20, Number 188:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

"I offered the prayer with the Prophet, Abu Bakr and Umar at Mina and it was of two Rakat. Uthman in the early days of his caliphate did the same, but later on he started praying the full prayer."

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 20, Number 189:

It is totally absurd to find that the hadith claims that the shortening of the Salat took place during Hajj, when all those at Hajj have all day long to do nothing except worship God, yet they still manage to find an excuse to shorten their Salat! The ironic thing is that after they shorten the Salat that is decreed by God, they have nothing to do so they start to perform countless Raka's that were not sanctioned by God and which they call 'Sunna'!

In the following 'hadith' we are told that the prophet shortened his afternoon Salat (Asr) even before he started his Hajj:

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 773:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

"The Prophet offered four Rakat of Zuhr (Midday) prayer at Medina and two Rakat of 'Asr (Afternoon) prayer at Dhul-Hulaifa. Narrated Aiyub: "A man said: Anas said, "Then he (the Prophet) passed the night there till dawn and then he offered the morning (Fajr) prayer, and mounted his Mount and when it arrived at Al-Baida' he assumed Ihram for both 'Umra and Hajj."

6- Contact Prayers (Salat)

Prohibiting prayer at certain times!!!

The Quran decrees three salat per day and they are given the names : Fajr (dawn), Wusta (middle) and the Esha (night). These three salat are prescribed specific times. The only time the believer is prohibited from prayer is if he/she is intoxicated. There are no time related prohibitions in the Quran regarding salat. Salat is the contact of the believer to God Almighty, God would never prohibit any believer from contact. God is not an employer who can only be contacted during office hours!

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 695:

Narrated Abdullah:

"I heard the Prophet forbidding the offering of prayers at the time of sunrise and sunset."

7- Hajj (Pilgrimage)

The imposed Hajj garments

The Quran says:

When we contemplate the wisdom of the Quran, we clearly realise that on no occasion is a dress code a requirement of any ritual or form of worship. Instead God Almighty stresses the fact that He will judge people by what is in the heart and not by their appearance:

"Only those who came to God with a pure heart (will be saved)." 26:89

It must also be added that God invites us to look at our best whenever we go to any Masjid:

"O children of Adam take 'Zeenatakom' (your adornments) to EVERY Masjid, and eat and drink moderately. Surely God does not like the gluttons" 7:32

But since the Masjid Al-Haram (Kab'ah) is not exempted from this clear merciful instruction from God, we can be sure that God would like to see us dressed well when we visit the Kab'ah.

The state of 'Ihram' (abstention) during Hajj is clearly defined in the Quran. It does not include abstaining from wearing nice clothes, there is no authorisation anywhere in the Quran for a special hajj garment.

One of the traditions of Hajj that has no Quranic authorisation but can only find reference in the hadith is the men's hajj garment. According to hadith men should only wear seamless fabric (like towels) around their bodies, with one of the shoulders exposed. Furthermore it is stressed that nothing made of metal shall be worn to the extent that even a safety pin to tie the towels together is not permissible!

It is obvious that these rules do not come from the Quran, on the contrary they contradict the law of God which invites men and women to take their adornments to every masjid, including the Masjid Al-Haram.

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 615:

A man asked, "O Allah's messenger! What kind of clothes should a Muhrim wear?" Allah's messenger replied, "He should not wear a shirt, a turban, trousers, a headcloak or leather socks except if he can find no slippers, he then may wear leather socks after cutting off what might cover the ankles. And he should not wear clothes which are scented with saffron or Wars (kinds of Perfumes)"

Editor's note:

When we stop and ponder one more time at the meaning behind 7:32, we note that God deliberately used the word 'Zeenatakom' (your adornments). The word 'Zeena' literally means adornments or anything worn to make oneself beautiful. Since the verse said "every masjid" and no exception in the Quran has been made to this totality, then it must be understood that this includes the 'Masjid Al-Haraam' as well. If God wished to exclude the 'Masjid Al-Haraam' from this command He would have surely done so. What this really means is that God wants us to dress in nice clothes and adorn ourselves with beautiful things, as long as we are not too flashy, so as to treat the visit to the masjid as a happy and festive occasion. What would be more beautiful than people going to Hajj dressed nicely, feeling happy and looking forward to being close to God, instead of going to commemorate God in a highly stressed morbid state and looking like beggars in rags!!!

I have often contemplated the happy mood and nice appearance of Christians when they go to Christmas Mass. In a way I have always envied them and thought at least they got that aspect of worship right. Commemorating and glorifying our Creator should always be a happy occasion, not a stressful or morbid experience!! I suppose this behaviour stems from the nature (Arabs in particular) of dramatising everything, and in indulging in morbid states of self denial, thinking that the exaggerated gloom adds an air of sincerity to our actions!!! Again this is far from the truth. The credibility of any action or its sincerity lies only in the heart.

The classic excuse given by the Muslims for wearing the Hajj costume is their claim that it equates the rich with the poor. They add that the poor will not feel uncomfortable or embarrassed by their dress since all look alike. The answer to that is very simple. The Friday congregational prayer has no dress code, everyone wears what they like, yet no one feels uncomfortable or embarrassed by what they wear. It is not a problem simply because the general mood of the people in the masjid is one of worship, no one is interested in what others are wearing! If the mood in the Hajj is even much more of an adoration to God Almighty, it does not make sense to think that it would be a problem to anyone.

Furthermore, the poor person would be better off going to Hajj in whatever clothes he's already got. This will save him the financial burden and the expense of going out and buying the Hajj costume (towels, special sandals and leather belt).

If 7:31 provides us with the Quranic evidence that the Hajj dress code is not Quranic, there is also a rational and logical confirmation to reject the dress code. To explain this logic it must first be stressed that God will never command the believers to perform a certain practice and then make it impossible for them to exercise it. God decreed for us to perform Hajj anytime during the four specified months. Now, if the present dress code was a genuine requirement for Hajj, and due to the corruption of today's Muslim in restricting the Hajj to a ten day period, it would be impossible for a genuine believer to go to such places as Arafat and Mena to perform the rites of Hajj dressed in towels anytime outside the ten day period. The corrupt authorities would not permit him to do so, further still he would probably be stoned by the idol worshippers! However, and if he is dressed in normal clothes, he would be allowed in and given access to do a 'Omra' and also be permitted to visit the holy sites like Arafat and Mena in plain clothes. In actual fact he would be doing his Hajj. God the Most Merciful by allowing the believers to wear normal clothes during Hajj has in effect made it possible for them to follow His law anytime during the four months in spite of the idol worshippers.

PART 2

8- Holy 'Black Stone' or idolatry?

The Quran says:

"O you who believe, intoxicants, and gambling, and stone idols, and the games of chance are abominations of the devil; you shall avoid them, that you may succeed." 5:90

All throughout the Quran God commands man to stay away from stone and alters, for they have no power to benefit or harm us. The story of Abraham and the stone idols of his people is a clear reminder of this issue. Howver, during the visit to the Ka'bah, and at one of its corners, Muslims from all over the world push and shove their way ferociously to get to what is called 'the black stone' in order to touch it and kiss it. The extraordinary thing about this event is that if you were to ask any of them: why are you kissing the stone? they will say because the prophet kissed it! If you then ask why did he kiss it? you will not get any substantial answer! But, could there be a substantial answer to explain why any Quran follower should kiss and cherish a stone that can neither harm nor benefit any human? Do they think this stone will bless them in some way? More important, could a genuine prophet have total disregard for God's commands and go kissing stones in a flagrant act of idolatry? The obvious answer is NO.

Not surprisingly, this idolatrous ritual has no sustenance in the Quran whatsoever, but originates instead from a number of corrupt 'hadith' which state that this stone was descended from heaven since the time of Abraham and that it is thus sacred! The hadith further states that the prophet used to kiss it!! When one reads these hadith and then sees the millions believing it and committing such gross acts of idolatry by idolising such a stone, one cannot help wonder, have these people not read the Quran!!?' The Quran informs us that Abraham destroyed all the stone that his people were worshipping and said:

"Do you then worship beside God what possesses no power to benefit you or harm you?"21:66

But those kissing and idolising the black stone will readily say: We do not worship the black stone, we only kiss it because the prophet kissed it, so it must be holy/sacred!

But this reply only exposes their idolatry. The fact that they regard a piece of stone as holy or sacred in any way is in itself an act of idolatry, if they only knew.

They prefer to believe a dubious hadith which is in total violation of the Quran, rather than believe God when God declares that no stone can ever harm or benefit the human being.

If this black stone was truly descended from heaven, would God not tell us so?

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 667:

Narrated 'Abis bin Rabia:

'Umar came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said "No doubt, I know that you are a stone and can neither benefit anyone nor harm anyone. Had I not seen Allah's Apostle kissing you I would not have kissed you."

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 673:

Narrated Salim that his father said:

'I saw Allah's Apostle arriving at Mecca; he kissed the Black Stone Corner first while doing Tawaf and did ramal in the first three rounds of the seven rounds (of Tawaf).'

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 682:

Narrated Ibn Abbas

The Prophet performed Tawaf of the Ka'ba riding a camel, and every time he came in front of the Corner (having the Black Stone), he pointed towards it with something he had with him and said Takbir!!

9- Laws not authorised by God that oppress women

The innovation of the 'mihrim'

One of the innovations that stem from hadith and which have no authorisation whatsoever in the Quran is the innovation of 'mihrim'. Through this innovation, a woman is prohibited from travelling for more than one day unless she is accompanied by a 'mihrim'. A 'mihrim' is a man who is not permitted to wed the woman under Islamic law, this could be her father, her brother, etc. This innovation, which is falsely attributed to Islam, was without doubt fabricated by the Arab man in his attempt to subject the woman to total subordination.

Volume 2, Book 20, Number 192:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

"The Prophet said, "A woman should not travel for more than three days except with a Dhi-Mahram (i.e. a male with whom she cannot marry at all, e.g. her brother, father, grandfather, etc.) or her own husband.)"

Volume 2, Book 20, Number 194:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

"The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to travel for one day and night except with a Mahram."

10- The Prophet does not have personal miracles

The Quran says:

Throughout the Quran it is made clear that prophet Muhammad did not have any personal miracles such as the miracles given to Moses and Jesus, the following verses confirm this truth:

"They say, "How come no miracle came down to him from his Lord?" Say, "The future belongs to God; so wait, and I am waiting along with you." 10:20

"Those who disbelieved say, "If only a miracle could come down to him from his Lord (we will then believe)." You are simply a warner, every community receives a guiding teacher." 13:7

also see 6:37 and 7:203

Nevertheless, we read in hadith of various miracles performed by the prophet!

Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number 170:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

"saw Allah's Apostle when the 'Asr prayer was due and the people searched for water to perform ablution but they could not find it. Later on (a pot full of) water for ablution was brought to Allah's Apostle . He put his hand in that pot and ordered the people to perform ablution from it. I saw the water springing out from underneath his fingers till all of them performed the ablution (it was one of the miracles of the Prophet)."

------------------------------

Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

"We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings, but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water remaining with you." The people brought a utensil containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle, and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him)."

Muslim , Book 039, Number 6728:

"Anas reported that the people of Mecca demanded from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) that he should show them (some) signs (miracles) and he showed them the splitting of the moon. This hadlth has been narrated on the authority of Anas through another chain of transmitters."

11- Pictures

The Quran says:

The prohibitions in the Quran are outlined clearly and un-ambiguously, nowhere in the Quran do we read any prohibition against pictures. It is also made clear in the Quran (as outlined previously) that the prophet may only prohibit what is prohibited by God in the Quran and nothing else (see 66:1).

When we read various hadith we are told that the prophet considered all pictures to be unrighteous and are subject to prohibition!

Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 449:

Narrated Busr bin Said:

That Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani narrated to him something in the presence of Said bin 'Ubaidullah Al-Khaulani who was brought up in the house of Maimuna the wife of the Prophet. Zaid narrated to them that Abu Talha said that the Prophet said, "The Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a picture."

--------------------------

Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 450:

Narrated Salim's father:

Once Gabriel promised the Prophet (that he would visit him, but Gabriel did not come) and later on he said, "We, angels, do not enter a house which contains a picture or a dog."

-----------------------

12- Prohibition of Silk and Gold

The Quran says:

The prohibitions in the Quran are outlined clearly and un-ambiguously, nowhere in the Quran do we read any prohibition against pictures. It is also made clear in the Quran (as outlined previously) that the prophet may only prohibit what is prohibited by God in the Quran and nothing else (see 66:1).

As per the previous example, many hadith claim that the prophet prohibited men to wear silk even though it is not prohibited in the Quran!

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 15, Number 69:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:

Umar bought a silk cloak from the market, took it to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Take it and adorn yourself with it during the 'Id and when the delegations visit you." Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) replied, "This dress is for those who have no share (in the Hereafter)." After a long period Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) sent to Umar a cloak of silk brocade. Umar came to Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) with the cloak and said, "O Allah's Apostle! You said that this dress was for those who had no share (in the Hereafter); yet you have sent me this cloak." Allah's Apostle said to him, "Sell it and fulfill your needs by it."

Editor's comment: Not only does this hadith violate 66:1, but the logic in it is indeed weird to say the least. As per this hadith, it is claimed that the prophet states that whoever wears silk has no share in heaven, but for some reason allows Omar to sell the cloak and from the sale fulfil his needs! This is not any different from allowing someone to sell alcohol and benefit from the sale money!! Surely if something is prohibited, then making money from selling it must equally be immoral?

----------------------

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 331:

Narrated Al-Bara' bin 'Azib:

Allah's Apostle ordered us to do seven things and forbade us to do other seven. He ordered us: to follow the funeral procession. to visit the sick, to accept invitations, to help the oppressed, to fulfill the oaths, to return the greeting and to reply to the sneezer: (saying, "May Allah be merciful on you," provided the sneezer says, "All the praises are for Allah,"). He forbade us to use silver utensils and dishes and to wear golden rings, silk (clothes), Dibaj (pure silk cloth), Qissi and Istabraq (two kinds of silk cloths).

In the above hadith we see a wholesale collection of prohibitions, none of them prohibited by God in the Quran.

------------------------

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 171:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet allowed 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf and Az-Zubair bin Al-'Awwam to wear silk.

Editor's comment : This previous hadith confirms the contradictions, not only between hadith and Quran, but also between hadith and hadith. Surely if silk is so abhorent, why would the prophet allow some men to wear it???

13- Only God knows the future (ghaib)

The Quran says:

The Quran states categorically that no one in the heavens or the earth knows the future except God.

"No one in the heavens and the earth knows the future except God." 27:65

Moreover, we read in the Quran that God commanded the prophet Muhammad to specifically proclaim that he does NOT know the future:

"I do not say to you that I possess the treasures of God. NOR DO I KNOW THE FUTURE. Nor do I say to you that I am an angel. I simply follow what is revealed to me." Say, "Is the blind the same as the seer? Do you not reflect?"6:50

"I have no power to benefit myself, or harm myself. Only what God wills happens to me. IF I KNEW THE FUTURE, I would have increased my wealth, and no harm would have afflicted me. I am no more than a warner, and a bearer of good news for those who believe." 7:188

"I do not claim that I possess the treasures of God, NOR DO I KNOW THE FUTURE, nor do I claim to be an angel. Nor do I say to those despised by your eyes that God will not bestow any blessings upon them. God knows best what is in their innermost thoughts. (If I did this,) I would be a transgressor."11:31

The message from the Quran is very clear, God commanded Muhammad to say to the people that he does NOT know the future.

Despite the Quranic evidence shown above we find numerous hadith where it is claimed that the prophet went on prophecying many future events! When the message from the Quran is clearly opposite to that from the hadith, it is not possible to believe both accounts! It is not possible that God commands Muhammad to say one thing and that he instead goes and says the opposite! And since there is not any shadow of doubt that the prophet is an honourable man who was the obedient servant of God, then the only conclusion is that the bulk of these future-telling hadith are all lies against the prophet. Here are some of them:

Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 470:

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:

The Prophet said, "Verily! 70,000 or 700,000 of my followers will enter Paradise altogether; so that the first and the last amongst them will enter at the same time, and their faces will be glittering like the bright full moon."

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 185:

Narrated Abu Musa:

The Prophet said, "Near the establishment of the Hour there will be days during which (religious) knowledge will be taken away (vanish) and general ignorance will spread, and there will be Al-Harj in abundance, and Al-Harj means killing."

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 231:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The Hour will not be established till a man passes by a grave of somebody and says, 'Would that I were in his place."

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 233:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established till a man from Qahtan appears, driving the people with his stick."

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 234:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established till a fire will come out of the land of Hijaz, and it will throw light on the necks of the camels at Busra."

The hadith books are filled with much more hadith all telling future events, but the above are just a sample.

14- A 'new' criteria for entering heaven?

The Quran says:

Throughout the Quran we are told that belief in God and working righteousness are the requirements for entering heaven. We are also told that every soul will receive its fair judgement according to those two requirements and nothing else:

"Give good news to those who believe and lead a righteous life that they will have gardens with flowing streams. When provided with a provision of fruits therein."2:25

"As for those who believe, and lead a righteous life, they will be the dwellers of Paradise; they abide in it forever." 2:82

"As for those who believe and lead a righteous life, we will admit them into gardens with flowing streams; they abide therein forever." 4:57

In one of the most bizzare hadith, it is claimed that the prophet said that a certain man will enter heaven for the most bizzare reason:

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 174:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "A man saw a dog eating mud from (the severity of) thirst. So, that man took a shoe (and filled it) with water and kept on pouring the water for the dog till it quenched its thirst. So Allah approved of his deed and made him to enter Paradise." And narrated Hamza bin 'Abdullah: My father said. "During the lifetime of Allah's Apostle, the dogs used to urinate, and pass through the mosques (come and go), nevertheless they never used to sprinkle water on it (urine of the dog.)"

Edited by: marwan on Saturday, July 10, 2010 1:46 PM
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  7:51 PM Reply with quote
from http://www.quran-islam.org/historyhadith2.html

The History of Hadith

(Why and When it was written)

Muhammed forbids the writing of his hadith

It has been documneted in Muslim, Ahmed and other sources of Hadith that Muhammad had prohibited the writing of his hadith. The historical evidence supports this fact, since the words and actions (Hadith & Sunna) attributed to the Prophet did not appear until the second century after his death.

The Quran has prophesied the fabrication of Hadith and Sunna by the Prophet's enemies:

"We have permitted the enemies of every prophet human and jinn devils to inspire in each other fancy words, in order to deceive. Had your Lord willed, they would not have done it. You shall disregard them and their fabrications." 6:112

The Quran teaches us that it was God's will to permit the invention of Hadith and Sunna to serve as criteria for exposing those who believe only with their lips, not in their hearts. Those who are attracted to Hadith and Sunna are proven to be false believers:

"This is to let the minds of those who do not believe in the Hereafter listen to such fabrications, and accept them, and thus expose their real convictions." 6:113

Immediately after these Quranic words God commands us to follow the Quran alone, which God describes as "fully detailed" as the ONLY source of law:

"Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?" 6:114

The books of Hadith themselves report the Prophet's orders to write down nothing from him except the Quran!

Shown below are two such Hadiths taken from the Hadithists' most reliable sources, Sahih Muslim and Is-haah Ahmad Ibn Hanbal:

(The Prophet said, "Do not write down anything from me except the Quran." [Ahmed, Vol. 1, Page 171, and Sahih Muslim]

This Hadith states that the Prophet maintained his anti-Hadith stand until death. [Ahmed, Vol. 1, Page 192]

(1) Ibn Saeed Al-Khudry reported that the messenger of God had said,

"Do not write anything from me EXCEPT QURAN. Anyone who wrote anything other than the Quran shall erase it."

The following historical incident happened about 30 years after the death of the Prophet Muhammed and shows that the Prophet never canceled his order not to write but the Quran. The hadiths books however contained some fabricated hadiths that are considered by the same Hadiths scholars as very weak, trying to indicate that Muhammed changed his view about writing the hadiths. The readers of the hadith to follow, that happened about 30 years after the death of the Prophet, will conclude by themselves that the Prophet Muhammed never authorized the writing of the hadiths since the time he told his followers not to write but the Quran..

(2) From Ibn Hanbal;

Zayd Ibn Thabit (The Prophet's closest revelation writer) visited the Khalifa Mu'aawiyah (more than 30 years after the Prophet's death), and told him a story about the Prophet. Mu'aawiyah liked the story and ordered someone to write it down. But Zayd said. " the messenger of God ordered us NEVER to write anything of his hadith,"

(3) The famous book, "Ulum Al-Hadith" by Ibn Al-Salah, reports a hadith by Abu Hurayra in which Abu Hurayra said the messenger of God came out to us while we were writing his hadiths and said; "What are you writing?" We said, "Hadiths that we hear from you, messenger of God." He said, "A book other than the book of God ?!" We said, "Should we talk about you?" He said, Talk about me, that would be fine, but those who will lie will go to Hell. Abu Hurayra said, we collected what we wrote of Hadiths and burned them in fire.

(4) In the famous book, "Taq-yeed Al-Ilm", Abu Hurayra said, the messenger of God was informed that some people are writing his hadiths. He took to the pulpit of the mosque and said, "What are these books that I heard you wrote? I am just a human being. Anyone who has any of these writings should bring it here. Abu Hurayra said we collected all these and burned them in fire.

(5) Ibn Hanbal in his Musnad book, narrates a hadith in which Abdullah Ibn Omar said, "the messenger of God one day came out to us as if he was going to depart us soon and said, "When I depart you (die), hold to the book of God, prohibit what it prohibits and accept as halal what it makes halal."

He never mentioned the Sunna in this hadiths.

(6) Again, in the book "Taq-yeed Al-Ilm", Abu Saeed Al-Khudry said, " I asked the messenger of God a permission to write his hadiths, but he refused to give me a permission."

(7) The farewell Pilgrimage of the Prophet Muhammed is a corner stone in the Muslim history. The Final Sermon given by the Prophet during this pilgrimage was witnessed by thousands of Muslims. There are however THREE versions of this sermon in the Hadiths books. This by itself reflects the degree of corruption of the Hadiths books as this is the most witnessed speech of the prophet Muhammed.

1- First version, " I left for you what if you hold up to, you will never be misguided, the book of God and my Family. Muslim 44/4, Nu2408; Ibn Hanbal

4/366; darimi 23/1, nu 3319.

This is the version made up by the Shiite Muslims.

2-Second version, "I left for you what if you hold up to, you will never be misguided, the book of God and my Sunnah" . Muwatta, 46/3

This is the version made up by the Sunni Muslims.

3- Third version, "I left for you what if you hold up to, you will never be misguided, the BOOK OF GOD." Muslim 15/19, nu 1218; Ibn Majah 25/84, Abu dawud 11/56.

And ONLY the book of God.This is the version hated by the Sunni and Shiite Muslims alike. This is the ONLY version that agrees with the repeated assertion in the Quran that Muhammed's message is ONLY the QURAN. Many Sunni Muslims and Shiite Muslims do not even know that this version of the sermon exists. In reality, they do not want to know, the truth hurts, but Hell fire hurts much more.

.History of the documentation of hadith

The writing and documentation of the Sunna is an interesting and important part of our Islamic history. In all its details, the reader of this history can find all the indications that God permitted the corruption of the so called Hadiths and Sunna of the Prophet Muhammed as He told us in 6:112-113

God repeatedly told us in the Quran that His book, is complete, perfect and fully detailed, see 6:19,38,114,115; 50:45, 12:111, and if He so willed He would have given us hundreds of books, not just one QURAN, see18:109 and 31:27. God knew that the Quran is enough and that those who do not find the Quran to be enough will be committing idol-worship by having people like Bukhary, Moslem, Ahmed and others as partners with God, in setting the law for this great and perfect religion ,see 9:36,12:40, 30:43.

Hadith and the guided Khalifa's

The four guided Khalifas who ruled the Muslim Umma (nation) after the death of the Prophet Muhammed, respected the order of the Prophet and prohibited the writing and collection of Hadiths. They did believe God in his book and accepted the commandment of the Prophet.

Abu Bakr at one point was not sure whether to keep what he knows of hadiths or not. He had collected 500 Hadiths during very long companionship of the Prophet Muhammed, but he could not sleep the night until he burned them. Omar Ibn Al-Khattab insisted on destroying the Hadiths collected by his son Abdullah. Islamic history mentioned the story of Omar Ibn Al-Khattab restraining four of the Prophet's companions because of their insistence on telling Hadiths, these were Ibn Masoud, Abu Al-Dardaa, Abu Masoud Al-Anssary and Abu Tharr Al-Ghaffary. Omar called Abu Hurayra a liar and threatened to send him back to Yemen where he came from if he does not stop telling these lies about the prophet Muhammed. He stopped until Omar died then started again.

Ali Ibn Abu Talib, the fourth Khalifa in one of his speeches said, "I urge all those who have writing taken from the messenger of God to go home and erase it. The people before you were annihilated because they followed the Hadiths of their scholars and left the book of their Lord." (Sunan Al-Daramy)

Khalifa Omar Ibn Abdul Aziz, the beginning of the end

Abu Hurayra narrated more Hadiths than anybody else including Abu Bakr, Omar, Ali, and Aysha who lived with the prophet all their lives. In less than two years of being with the prophet, Abu Hurayra narrated more Hadiths than all these companions of the prophet altogether. He narrated 5374 Hadiths. Ibn Hanbal quoted 3848 of his Hadiths in his book. The Guided Khalifas, Al-Khulafaa Al-Rashedun, who ruled the Muslim Umma after the death of the Prophet Muhammed respected the Prophet's wish in not writing anything but the Quran and denounced any attempt of writing the Hadiths and Sunna. Their example was followed for the first two centuries after the Prophet's death. By that time, the lies about the prophet Muhammed was widespread and the people deserted the Quran to look for Hadiths, that is when the Khalifa Omar Ibn Abdel-Aziz issued an order to permit the writing of Hadiths and Sunna thinking that he would put an end to the lies about the Prophet Muhammed. In his ruling he disregarded the commandments of God in the Quran and the teachings of the Prophet Muhammed and the examples of his predecessors and the objection of many of the scholars in his time. Since then Islam moved from the religion of God, the Quran, to the infamous Hadiths and Sunna that were originally prohibited by God and His Prophet. Praise be to God, He preserved and protected His PERFECT religion, Islam (Submission in English) in His Book that He insisted on calling the BEST HADITH.

The early writings of hadith

As for the notion that Hadiths were written as early as the Prophet's time, this is historically correct but the prophet himself and those who ruled after him condemned these writings and looked at those who wrote these Hadiths with disgrace. The hadiths books mentioned that the Prophet Muhammed burned the collected hadiths, and was very angry at people making "another book with the book of Allah." Abu Baker and Omar Ibn Al-Khattab, were also reported to burn the Hadiths collections.

This prohibition of hadiths was continued until Omar Ibn Abdel-Aziz permitted the writing of Hadiths and Sunna, then many books and (Kararees) appeared containing Hadiths, e.g. Ibn Greeg, Malik Ibn Anas, Mohammed Ibn Is'haq. The most famous from among these were the book of Malik Ibn Anas, (Al-Muwattaa). that had about 500 Hadiths. At the end of the second century the books known as (Masaned) appeared, e.g. the Masnad of Ahmed Ibn Hanbal that has about 40,000 Hadiths. In the first half of the third century the famous six books of hadiths appeared and these are the books used by many of the scholars these days. 1- Sahih Bukhary. 2- Sahih Moslem. 3- Sunan Abu Daoud. 4-Sunan Al-Termethy. 5-Sunan Al-Nesaay. 6- Sunan Ibn Mageh.

In these books a new religion was written that dominated over the Quran despite the claim for the opposite. In writing these books, the authors did not care if the hadiths they are writing contradict the Quran or the other Hadiths or the common sense . In reality they fulfilled the promise of God in 6:112-113

"We have permitted the enemies of every prophet - human and jinn devils - to inspire in each other FANCY WORDS (e.g.: HADITH & SUNNAH), in order to deceive. Had your Lord willed, they would not have done it. You shall disregard them and their FABRICATIONS. This is to let the minds of those who do not believe in the Hereafter listen to such FABRICATIONS, and accept them, and thus expose their real convictions. " [6:112-113]

How many hadith?

The number of hadiths collected and attributed to the prophet Muhammed is in the hundreds of thousands, as much as 700,000. As much as 99% of all these hundreds of thousands hadiths are pure lies and fabrications and were rejected by the early Muslim scholars who thought they can figure out which hadith is authentic and which is not. Let us look at some of the famous hadiths collectors and what they collected.

(1) Malik Ibn Anas collected about 500 hadiths in his famous book, "Al-Muwattaa"

(2) Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, collected about 40,000 hadiths, in his famous "Musnad".He chose these 40,000 hadiths from among 700,000 hadiths. In other words he thought 660,000 hadith were un-proven, lies and/or fabrications and the others may be authentic. That is 94% lies and fabrications

(3) Bukhary collected about 600,000 hadiths and accepted 7275 hadiths and considered 592,725 hadiths to be un-proven hadiths,lies and/or fabrications, that is almost 99% of what he collected .

(4)Moslem collected 300,000 hadiths and only accepted 4000 of them, and refused about 296,000 . that is almost 99% of these collected hadiths .

This will give you an idea of how much corruption entered or tried to enter Islam from the back door. Now we should understand why God promised to preserve, protect and safeguard His book, the ONLY authentic hadith, the ONLY acceptable hadith, the BEST HADITH, the Quran. NO such guarantee was offered to the fabrications and lies of the fabricators and liars who tried to improve on God's book, and called the Quran incomplete, undetailed and imperfect, and claimed that the Quran needs clarification by another book

Abu Huraira and so many lies

Abu Hurayra, came from Yemen in the seventh year of Hijra and converted to Islam. He stayed in the company of the Prophet Muhammed less than two years. He narrated more than 5000 hadiths, actually 5374 hadiths, from this less than two years company, (Compare this with the relatively few hadiths narrated by Aysha, Abu Baker, or Omar, for example, after very long company of the prophet) . Most of his narrated hadiths are called the "Aahad" hadiths, i.e. hadiths only witnessed by one person, this one person was Abu Hurayra himself. Some of the Prophets companions (Sahaba) and Aysha, the Prophet's wife, accused him of being a liar, telling lies about the prophets just to make up hadiths and gain some status. Omar Ibn Al-Khattab, the second guided Khalifa threatened Abu Hurayra to send him to exile if he does not stop telling hadiths about Muhammed, he did stop until Omar's assassination then started again. He kept telling hadiths to please the Khalifa of the Muslims then, including the time he lived in the Royal Palace of Mu'aawiyah in Syria. Abu Hurayra told his audience that he is telling them hadiths that if he ever mentioned when Omar was alive, he would be given several lashes.

Abu Jaafar Al Iskafy mentioned that the Khalifa, Mu'aawiyah, chose some of the people, including Abu Hurayra to tell fabricated stories and hadiths about Ali Ibn Abu Talib, the Prophet's cousin, to degrade him. Abu Hurayra lived in Mu'aawiyah's Royal Palace then and served him including serving his political views. He produced some of the hadiths that demean and insult Ali Ibn Abu Talib, and make him in a lower grade to Abu Baker, Omar and Othman, only for the pleasure of Mu'aawiyah.

During Mu'aawiyah's rule, many hadiths, with the help of Abu Hurayra were invented that support the view that the Imam or Khalifa, should be obeyed just like God or the messenger, contradicting the rule of the Quran that all the matters should be democratic by consultation.(Do not forget that Abu Hurayra was living in the Khalifa's Royal Palace at the time.)

Many of the hadiths that were narrated by Abu Hurayra contradict the other hadiths, including his own narrated hadiths and other people's hadiths and contradict the Quran and contradict common sense.

Abu Hurayra narrated hadiths after Kaab Al Ahbar, who was a Jewish convert who tried to explain the Quran by using the corrupted books of the Jews. He produced some of the most outrageous hadiths that is full of contradiction to the Quran, taken from false stories in the Torah.

The Islamic historians told the story of Abu Hurayra after given the governorship of Bahrain, got very rich in two years, so Omar called him back and told him " You, the enemy of Allah, you stole the money of Allah. I made you the Emir of Bahrain when you did not even have a pair of shoes, Where did you get all this money (400,000 Dirham)?? " The history indicates that Omar took 10,000 Dirham from him.(Abu Hurayra admitted for only 20,000 Dirham)

Abu Hurayra was the one accused most of fabricating hadiths. Aysha, the Prophet's wife always accused him of telling inaccurate or incomplete stories and of fabricating hadiths that she never heard the prophet saying them. Abu Hurayra is well known for his prejudice against the women and the dogs. He produced some of the most insulting hadiths to Muslim women, and hadiths that call for the killing of the dogs . If we apply the rigid criteria claimed to be used by the Scholars like Bukhary and Moslem, for accepting those who narrated hadiths, Abu Hurayra will be the first one to fail the test and his hadiths will be the first to be counted among the fabrications.

Aysha and Abu Huraira at odds

In the famous book "Taa'oueel Mukhtalaf Alhadith " by Ibn Qutaiba Al-Dinory, the story of Aysha (the Prophet's wife) telling Abu Hurayra; " You tell ahadiths about the prophet Muhammed that we never heard them from him" He answered (as Bukhary reported); "You (Aysha) were busy with your mirror and make up" She (Aysha) answered him; "It is you who were busy with your stomach and hunger. Your hunger kept you busy, you were running after the people in the allies, begging them for food, and they used to avoid you and get away from your way, and finally you would come back and pass out infront of my room and the people think you were crazy and step all over you."

In a commentary on one of the posts in the Islam section in AOL, a gentleman volunteered these information's about the number of Hadiths collected by Abu Hurayra in comparison to Aysha, Abu Baker, Umar and Ali.

" Taken from a book entitled Hadith Literature: It's Origin, Development, & Special Features by Muhammed Zubayr Siddiqui:

1. Abu Hurayra 5374

4. 'Aysha Umm al-Mu'minin 2210

10. Umar Ibn al-Khattab 537

11. Ali Ibn Abi Talib 536

31. Abu Bakr al-Siddiq 142

First number indicates rank ...second number indicates number of Ahadith given.

Compare the numbers of Hadiths given by Abu Baker by that of Abu Hurayra while keeping in mind that Abu Baker accompanied the Prophet for about 23 years, while Abu Hurayra accompanied the Prophet for less than 2 years.

Bukhary's "sahih"! example of corruption

Many of the Muslims in general talk about the Hadiths collection with a respect that matches and sometimes exceeds that of the Quran. While the Quran does not leave any doubt as to where God wants us to look for the guidance and perfect happiness, those who do not believe God in His own words usually find in the Hadiths and Sunna a refuge that has been condemned by the Quran repeatedly. God already informed us in the Quran that His book is the BEST HADITHS 39:23,and that we should only seek His Hadiths (Quran) 7:185, and wonders why the people are not satisfied with His words, 45:6 !!

Imam Al-Bukhary or Bukhary for short, is just one of several scholars who decided to collect the Hadiths and Sunna despite the clear prohibition by the Prophet Muhammed himself and all the Khalifas who followed him of collecting and writing anything but the Quran.

Many of the Muslims today look at Bukhary with a respect he did not deserve or earn. His elevation to the level of a Saint by the Muslims and Scholars who came after him made of his books of Hadiths and Sunna a second Quran .

While modern Christianity is the product of Paul's corruption and hallucination , traditional Sunni Islam as practiced today, is the product of corruption of the true religion of Islam by people like Bukhary.

As soon as the Muslims deserted the Quran in favor of the Hadiths and Sunna books, their true Islam was corrupted beyond belief and their practice of Islam today is but a reflection of the Islam of the Scholars like Bukhary, Moslem, Nesaay, Termethy, Abu-Daoud...etc. and not a reflection of the Islam (Submission in English) presented to us by the Prophet Muhammed.

While those who defend Bukhary praise him for his methodology of collecting the hadiths for his book known as "Sahih Al-Bukhary". They only reflect ignorance with what Bukhary actually collected in his book .

Not only did Bukhary break the rules that he claimed he used to ensure the authenticity of the hadiths but his own personal feelings, political alliance and hatred to people like Ali Ibn Abu Talib affected his choice of what hadiths to list in his book and what hadiths to refuse. He cared less about the content of the hadiths itself . He listed many hadiths that contradict the Quran, contradict other hadiths , contradict common sense, insult God, insult the Prophet Muhammed, insult the Prophet's wives and his family . The position that Bukhary took regarding Ali Ibn-Abu Talib Vs his position towards Mu'aawyiah is but a reflection of the political corruption of Bukhary and his bias in listing the Hadiths that put down Ali while making of his ardent enemy Mu'aawyiah, a pure and righteous man despite his known corruption and defiance of the simple Islamic laws. Bukhary narrated Many Hadiths in his book that the public call "Sahih" (Authentic) for people who were considered liars, corrupted and untrustworthy. Muslim Scholars who came after him were afraid to expose the truth and the shortcoming of Bukhary and other scholars of Hadiths and Sunna like him. As a simple example, in the famous book "Al-Mustadrek", the author states that Bukhary listed Hadiths taken from 434 persons who were not accepted by Moslem for his book "Sahih Moslem" as good trustworthy people. On the other hand Moslem accepted for his book 625 persons who narrated Hadiths ,who were refused by Bukhary.

The corruption of Islam by Hadiths and Sunna started right during the Prophet's life and soon after his death. This collection of the so called Hadiths and Sunna was condemned by God, the Prophet and the Sahaba (companions of the Prophet). This act reached its peak by the end of the second Hijra century when the famous six books (references) of Hadiths were written.

God Almighty predicted this corruption and told us in 6:112-113 why He permitted this corruption to happen and also told us ahead of time that the messenger will complain to Him on the day of Judgment of the Muslims DESERTING THE QURAN (not deserting the Hadiths and Sunna). See 25:30

Bukhary and sahaba, clear corruption

Many of the Muslim brothers and sisters talk about the companions (Sahaba) of the Prophet Muhammed as if they were a different breed of people or a different race. They made them flawless who are unable to make mistakes. They made them worth the respect and love that only the Prophet Muhammed deserved for what he was, the messenger of God and the last prophet.. While we can witness many people defending the Sahaba (companions) of the prophet irrespective of what they did, many of those actually do not know what the word Sahaba means or how it was or should be used.

The student of the Muslim history will be shocked to know the different definitions of the word Sahaba (Companion) of the Prophet. Knowing such a definition make it easy for us to talk about our history, our religion and our books.

In general the Muslim scholars disagreed on the definition of : who should be counted as one of the Sahaba (companions) of the Prophet ?!! Studying these definitions will clarify for us the position of many people like Imam Al-Bukhary who used his definition of the word Sahaba to accept many of the false and fabricated Hadiths that were included in his book, Sahih Al-Bukhary. Here are the definitions considered by the Muslim Scholars:

(1) The definition of Imam Al-Bukhary : Bukhary defined the Sahaby (single of Sahaba) as the one who was in the company of the prophet Muhammed or just SEEN him. Ibn Hanbal who also has a book of his own collecting more Hadiths than Bukhary accepted this definition and clarified it by saying ; "The Sahaby is anyone who accompanied the Prophet for a year, a month, a day or even an hour or even just seen him."

(2) The definition by Abdullah Ibn Omar Ibn Al-Khattab " anyone who has seen the Prophet Muhammed even for one hour as long as he reached the puberty, and is a known Muslim who understood his religion and accepted it."

According to this definition all the children (who had not reached puberty) who witnessed the Prophet cannot be counted as Sahaba.

(3)The definition of Al-Tabaey Saeed Ibn Al-Museeb; "Only those who accompanied the Prophet Muhammed for a year or two and fought with him in a battle or two should be considered Sahaba" This is a definition accepted and encouraged by Imam Al-Ghazali

From the above three definitions, any sincere and guided Muslim can sense the corruption and confusion of Bukhary, a reason for him to get all these corrupted hadiths included in his book. With these corrupted Hadiths, the Muslims after Bukhary changed their religion from the religion of the Prophet Muhammed (the Quran), to the religion of Bukhary and his likes (the fabricated hadiths and Sunna). Let us look at the definition by Bukhary; and reflect on its corruption;

(1) His definition that anyone who seen the Prophet is a Sahaby has no support from the Quran or even from the Islamic history given by other Muslims of the early life of the Prophet and his companions.

The Quran is full of the stories of the hypocrites and the wicked people of Medina where the Prophet lived who seen the prophet and listened to his message and his ceremonies and they cannot be considered his Sahaba (Companions) as Bukhary did; "Among the Aarabs around you, there are hypocrites. Also among the city dwellers, there are those who are accustomed to hypocrisy......" 9:101 And in 63:1 "When the HYPOCRITES come to you they say, "We bear witness that you are the messenger of God." God knows that you are His messenger, and God bears witness that the hypocrites are liars," And in 33:60 "Unless the hypocrites, and those with disease in their hearts and the vicious liars of the city (Medina) refrain (from persecuting you) we will surely grant you the upper hand, then they would not be your neighbors within a short while."

All these hypocrites and wicked people witnessed the Prophet Muhammed and listened to him. They are according to Imam AL-Bukhary's definition, SAHABA. His corrupted definition of the word Sahaba definitely played a role in the collection of Hadiths form such FAKE Sahaba.

(2) Again the corruption of Bukhary appears in his acceptance of children who witnessed the Prophet as Sahaba, and he accepted their narration of Hadiths despite the fact that they were too little to realize what was going on at the time. Bukhary had many hadiths narrated by Abdullah Ibn Abbas who was a young child during the Prophet's life. He was never documented to accompany the Prophet as one of the Sahaba, but Bukhary made him one. Other children who narrated hadiths and accepted by Bukhary are Al-Nuaman Ibn Basheer (8 years old), Mahmoud Ibn Al-Rabee (5 years), Abdullah Ibn Al-Zubeer (9 years), Al-Hussein Ibn Ali (7 years), Al-Hassan Ibn Ali ( 8 years), Omar Ibn Aby Muslima ( 9 years)......etc. Who would accept to take his religion from these children ??!!!!!

(3) Because Bukhary identified himself with the Abbasyeen and politically was against the Talibeen (followers of Ali Ibn Abu-Talib), he gave in his book many pages to the hadiths of Abdullah Ibn Abbas, the grandfather of the Abbasyeens with whom Bukhary identified. Here we witness politics influencing what hadiths to report and what to omit (those praising Ali Ibn Abu Talib). Some of the Hadiths narrated by Ibn Abbas contradict the laws of the Quran , e.g. the laws of inheritance. To witness the political corruption of Bukhary in reporting hadiths that would serve his views and please his masters (Abbasyeen then) is to witness the corruption that God described 6:112-113 in action.

(4) The position that Bukhary took in elevating people who were hypocrites and wicked to the level of Sahaba by his corrupted definition helped nothing but to corrupt the book that he called SAHIH (Authentic). His personal disregard to the TRUE SAHABY (Companion) of the Prophet, Ali Ibn Abu Talib only reflects his misguidance and underachievements.

Those who refused to believe God and accept His assertion that the Quran is COMPLETE, PERFECT AND FULLY DETAILED will only fall to the false lords of religion who decided to improve on God's book and add to it by collecting all kinds of lies and fabrications and put them in a book and allege them to the Prophet. Those who seek to "obey the messenger" and follow the steps of the Prophet can do such that by following the book that was never fabricated and was definitely given to us by God through His Prophet, the Quran. Those who seek to follow the Prophet by following Bukhary and his likes are just following Bukhary and his likes and the messenger will complain to God from them on the day of Judgment that they deserted the Q U R A N . See 25:30

Bukhary's hadith insult the prophet Muhammed

God in the Quran is very clear in telling the true believers that His book is complete, perfect and fully detailed. God called His book the BEST HADITH ( 39:23) and commanded us to seek no other Hadiths but His (7:185, 45:6, 77:50). Even in the choice of the word hadith to describe the book of God, the Quran, we witness how God knew that someone (enemy of the prophet and enemy of God and enemy of the TRUE Islam) will fabricate lies about Muhammed, God, the believers, and Islam and call it HADITH, See 6:112. That is why we find all these verses talking about Quran as the only acceptable Hadiths. In previous posts I discussed how the books of Hadith were written against the wish of the Prophet Muhammed. He told the TRUE believers not to write but the Quran. The four Khalifas that followed the prophet refused to permit the writing of the hadiths and the Hadiths books themselves narrated the story of Abu Baker and Omar destroying the written hadiths. Abu Hurayra who narrated more Hadiths than anyone else and more lies than anyone else even mention that the prophet Muhammed collected what the Muslims then wrote of his Hadiths and burn them. The guided Muslim (submitter) would not need to go the extremes (Hadiths books) to find the truth about the condemnation of the alleged prophet's Hadith by God and by the Prophet himself, it is written all over the Quran. The ONLY SAHIH HADITH that we know now is the QURAN. All those who alleged having Sahih Hadiths are but disbelievers in God's words, the Quran despite their claim to the opposite.

The Sahih books of Bukhary and Moslem for example are full of shameful hadiths that insult God, the Prophet Muhammed, the submitters (Muslims in Arabic), Submission (Islam in Arabic) and the intelligence of any NORMAL human being.

In a previous post I pointed to some of the insult to God Almighty that can be found in the Sahih books of Bukhary and Moslem. In this post we will check some of the insults to the prophet Muhammed himself by the same people who claim to be trying to preserve his hadiths. Their lies and fabrication are OBVIOUS but they still call them SAHIH.

(1) The Sahih books have many regulations that contradict the Quran, e.g. the punishment of the adulterer and adulteress as stated in the Quran in 24:2, they claim the verse of stoning the adulteress to death was eaten by a goat and so removed from the Quran. What an insult ?!!

(2) In Bukhary's Sahih, section of "Ghussull" (Washing after intercourse), the Hadith tells that the prophet Muhammed was to have intercourse with his wives, 11 of them, within one hour, day or night. And that he was given the sexual power of 30 men.

What does this shameful lie have to do with "WORSHIP GOD ALONE" What kind of honor is Bukhary giving the Prophet by this Hadith ? Did the prophet Muhammed has anything else to do other than spending the time taking care of his wives ? Of course he did, but Bukhary and the other Hadithists do not give him the credit. It is interesting to see that Bukhary accepts this hadiths that talks about 11 wives for the prophet when historically he is known to have only 9 wives. Bukhary did not care about the contents of these hadiths.

It is just a dishonor for the Muslims to accept having this Hadith and any other hadith from those who insulted the prophet. We only have one BEST HADITH, the Quran.

(3) In Bukhary's Sahih, Vol. 3, and in Moslem Vol. 7 the Hadith of Aysha, the prophet's wife, that the prophet was lying down with Aysha when his other wives sent Fatima first, then one of his wives to ask him for a matter of their business, so Aysha and the other wife get in argument and cursed each other so the prophet sided with Aysha and smiled and approved Aysha's revenge from his other wife.

The story is naive and insignificant but meant to place Aysha above all the other wives and completely showing the Prophet as careless man who was not shy from receiving people, even his daughter while in bed with his wife in a compromised position. He was shown in this fabricated SAHIH Hadith to disobey the Quran and being unfair to all his wives as God commands in the Quran.

(3) In Moslem's Sahih, when narrating the qualities of Othman Ibn Affan, another story was repeated , Abu Baker entered the house with the prophet lying down with his wife with his thighs exposed and did not cover them when Abu baker and Omar entered but did when Othman did, (because as the Hadith states, The Angels are shy from Othman and so should be Muhammed ). Another fabrication to boost the position of Othman against people like Ali Ibn Abu Talib. Naive hadith fabricators insulted the prophet to give Othman a higher degree over Ali.

(4)In Moslem's Sahih, a Hadith in the section of washing after intercourse that Muhammed answered a man about washing after having sex with his wife. Aysha was sitting there listening, and Muhammed answered, I do it all the time with this (woman-Aysha) and wash right away.

What a shame!! With the prophet talking about his sexual habits in the presence of Aysha with no embarrassment. Teaching of sexual practice and matters can be taught without pointing fingers to the wife and her sacred relationship with her husband, especially if the husband happened to be the Prophet Muhammed. This was not our beloved Prophet. This is the fabrication of the fabricators.

(5) In Bukhary's Sahih, vol. 4 and 7, a Hadith about a magic spill casted on the prophet Muhammed until he did not know what he is doing even to the point that he would think he had intercourse with his wives when he in reality did not. Our Hadithist made the Prophet absent minded even for a minute ?!! What a shame. Should we respect them and accept their SAHIH ??!!! NO

(6) Bukhary's Sahih, vol. 2, narrates the hadith about Muhammed occasionally losing his concentration until he does not know how many Rakaat he prayed. What kind of message did Bukhary want to give to the people with such Hadith.

(7) Moslem's Sahih, vol. 2, hadith about the prophet start to urinate standing up, so one of his companions start to walk away but the prophet called him back to stay close. What a lie. And what is the significance ?!!

Our Prophet being insulted in the books that he ordered not to be written but the Muslims call them SAHIH Hadith. They forgot that there is ONLY one SAHIH Hadith, the BEST HADITH, the Quran.

(8) In the book of Tayymum (Dry Ablution) of Bukhary, vol. 1 and Moslem's Sahih vol. 1, is the story of a necklace lost by Aysha, so the prophet instructed all the Muslims with him to find the lost necklace, while he slept on Aysha's thigh for hours, did not do his prayers or remember God, and did not tell the people what to do for ablution since they did not have water. So God decided to give the Muslims the Tayymum (Dry ablution). Another shameful SAHIH Hadiths.

(9) In another Hadith reported by Bukhary and Hanbel, "A group of people from the Oreyneh and Oqayelh tribes came to the prophet to embrace Islam, the prophet advised them to drink the urine of the camels. Later on when they killed the prophet's shepherd, the prophet seized them, gouged out their eyes, cut their hands and legs, and left them thirsty in the desert to die."

This is the picture that Hadith books depict our prophet, the man that God described him in the Quran as being compassionate and of high moral character.. Now do we know why God described His book, the Quran as the best Hadith, the most truthful Hadith, the non-fabricated Hadith ? Do we know why we should believe God in the Quran ?

Only the enemies of God, the enemies of the prophet Muhammed and the enemies of Islam are the ones who want us to believe these Sahih Books.

May be we now know why God said it is the enemies of the prophet who will fabricate these books and the lost ones are the ones who will accept them and uphold them. No wonder then that the messenger will complain to God on the day of judgment that the Muslims deserted the QURAN. 25:30

Bukhary's hadith insult God

Many of the Muslims of this generation and the previous generations, specially the Suuni Muslims and some others who do not call themselves Sunni have been following the steps of their parents blindly without thinking for one moment for their own good. Generations after generations and the Muslims nowadays deserted the Quran and took books like the Sahih of Bukhary and Moslem as the truth that is equal and in many occasions supersede the Quran. In doing so they disregard the Quran and disregard God Almighty who told them repeatedly to follow only the Quran the best HADITH. They mixed up between the meaning of such statements in the Quran as in "Obey the messenger" and obeying Bukhary, Moslem, Abu Daoud, Malik...etc. , scholars who had books full of fabrications that contradict the Quran, contradict other Hadiths , contradict the Prophet Muhammed, contradict the common sense and insult the intelligence of normal human beings.

In this post today we will look at some of the insults that Bukhary carried in his books to God Almighty, insulting God and insulting the Prophet Muhammed who could not have said such fabrications and insulting the sincere Muslim (Submitter) who cannot accept such lies as statements by the Prophet Muhammed.

Let us first find what God Almighty says about Himself in His book, the Quran , the BEST HADITH. "No visions can encompass Him, but He encompasses all visions. He is the Compassionate, the Cognizant." 6:103

"... There is nothing like Him, ..." 42:11 And when Moses asked to see Him, God told him that he cannot see Him. 7:143

What kinds of fabrications Bukhary and Moslem have in their books describing God and claim it to be the Prophet's hadiths ?

(1) God appears to His believers and that they see Him as they see the FULL MOON. Bukhary.

(2) God descends to the lower Heaven every night.

(3) God put His feet in the fire of Hell so that it would become full.

(4) God shows his leg to the believers to recognize Him.

(5) God laughs and wonders.

(6)God has five fingers, on the first He puts the Heaven, on the second finger He puts the Earth, on the third, He puts the trees, on the fourth, He puts the water and the land and on the fifth, He puts the rest of His creation.

(7) God has a mansion in Heaven and Muhammed is permitted to enter it three times a day.

These lies and fabrications are kept hidden by our Scholars because they expose the true Bukhary and the true Moslems as collectors of lies and fabrications. These Hadiths and many others expose the true nature of these books that made the majority of the what is practiced today in the name of Islam. Islam as practiced today by the majority of Muslims is corrupted beyond recognition. If the prophet Muhammed would come back today , he would not recognize his Islam that he brought to this world.

The true Islam (Submission) that Muhammed brought to this world is well preserved in the book that God called the BEST HADITH, the Quran.

Those who seek to follow the steps of the Prophet Muhammed and "Obey the messenger" can do that by following the Quran. Those who follow Bukhary and his likes are the followers of Bukhary and his likes but not the followers of Islam or the Prophet Muhammed. It is no wonder then that the Prophet Muhammed himself will complain to God on the Last Day that his people DESERTED the Quran (not because they deserted the so called Hadiths and Sunna). 25:30

Other "sahih", lies and fabrications

In the following section we will read some of the most outrageous lies and fabrications that the hadiths scholars call AUTHENTIC or SAHIH. They show how desperate and confused were these scholars in collecting anything that had been alleged to the Prophet, if they think the Isnad (Chain of narrators) were righteous as far as they were concerned. This was done irrespective of the contents of the hadith, whether it contradicts the Quran, the other hadiths, well known facts or common sense. These are just a sample of these SAHIH LIES. They were never meant to include all these hadiths that are shame to Islam, God, the prophet and the true Muslims. Seeing and reading these hadiths will make us understand why the messenger of God will complain to God on the Day of Judgment from the Muslims that they deserted the Quran (not the Hadiths and Sunna). See 25:30

(1) DO NOT CROSS YOUR LEG

Gaber Ibn Abdullah said, "The messenger of God prohibited a man from crossing one leg over the other while lying down on his back " Moslem

(2) CROSS YOUR LEG

Ebada Ibn Tameem said , his father said that he saw the messenger of God lying down on his back in the mosque while crossing his legs." Moslem

(3) DO NOT DRINK STANDING UP

Abu Hurayra said, the messenger of God said, "Do not drink while standing up, if someone forgot and did it, he should vomit what he drank."

Sahih Moslem

(4) DRINK STANDING UP

Ibn Abbas said, "The messenger of God drank from the water of Zamzam while standing up...." Sahih Moslem.

(5) URINATE IN A STANDING POSITION

"The Prophet urinated in a standing position" Bukhary

(6) DO NOT URINATE IN A STANDING POSITION

"The Prophet never urinated in a standing position." Hanbel.

(7) END OF THE WORLD IN 100 YEARS

In Bukhary, vol.1

"There will not be on the surface of Earth after one hundred years, one newborn (or created) human being."

Now after about 1400 years this hadith did not happen. The Prophet Muhammed could not say such a lie, but people who believe in falsehood cannot help but believe in it and put it in a book and call it AUTHENTIC (Sahih).

The corruption of Bukhary is obvious in this hadith. This hadith states that there will be no more NEW human beings 100 years after Muhammed. Despite the fact that this hadith was collected by Bukhary more than 200 hundred years after the death of the Prophet, and is obviously a LIE and a FABRICATION, and the prophet Muhammed could not have said it, Bukhary still included this lie in his SAHIH (Authentic hadiths). Bukhary did not care about what the hadiths say or teach but cared to find good Isnad (Chain of narrators). He failed in his Isnad and in his Sahih, and in his Islam. Bukhary corrupted his own book and Islam by many of these FALSE hadiths that, many deceived Muslims cherish and in doing so commit idol-worship. The Prophet Muhammed will complain to God on the Day of Judgment from him and from all the puppets who followed his footsteps. See 25:30

(8) MAN IN THE IMAGE OF GOD

Sahih Moslem: (Contradicting the Quran)

Abu Hurayra said that the messenger of God said; " If one of you fight his brother, do not strike him in the face. And do not say may God make you ugly, because God made Adam in His image."

Another Lie and Fabrication narrated by Abu Hurayra, and accepted by Moslem. This is the same lie you find in the Bible. Quran is clear on How God looks like. Check it your self, see 6:103, 42:11, and the story of Moses in 7:14

(9) ADAM IS 60 ARMS LENGTH HIGH AND 7 ARM LENGTH WIDE

Musnad Ahmad:

Abu Hurayra said, the prophet said; " God created Adam, 60 arm length high and seven arm length wide."

It is interesting to know that Imam Malik denied the authenticity of this hadith.

(10) MUHAMMED HAS NO MERCY

Sahih Bukhary; and Hanbel.

"A group of people from the Oreyneh and Oqayelh tribes came to the prophet to embrace Islam, the prophet advised them to drink the urine of the camels. Later on when they killed the prophet's shepherd, the prophet seized them, gouged out their eyes, cut their hands and legs, and left them thirsty in the desert to die."

This is the picture that Hadith books depict Muhammed. Compare this picture with the way God describes him in the Quran.

(11) WOMEN, DOGS AND MONKEYS

Hadiths insult women.

Sahih Bukhary 8/102 and Hanbel 4/86

"If a monkey, a black dog or a woman passes infront of a praying person, his prayer is nullified."

This hadith that was narrated by Abu Hurayra was strongly denied by Aysha, the Prophet's wife and accused Abu Hurayra of not telling the truth. Despite that this hadiths is still found in the middle of the so called authentic (Sahih) hadiths.

(12) BAD OMEN IN THE WOMAN

Sahih Bukhary 76/53

"Bad omen is in the woman, the horse and the home."

Another reflection of the prejudice against women that was a character of those who fabricated hadiths. Islam (Submission in English) gives full respect to the woman and never used such description that makes the woman like the dog, the monkey or any bad omen.

(13) NO DISTINCTION AMONG THE MESSENGERS, CONTRADICTION

Hadiths books are full of stories that make the Prophet Muhammed better than all the other Prophets and human beings. These hadiths are contradicting other hadiths, that I will mention and contradicting the teachings of the Quran. This is the violation of the Quran where God states that we, as believers, should not make any distinction among His messengers, see 2:285. Those who have been claiming to follow the hadiths books have conveniently ignored the repeated hadiths that call on the believers not to make distinction among the messengers. The following Hadiths show the contradiction in the hadiths books themselves regarding this matter.

Sahih Moslem:

"Ibn Abbas said, the prophet said; "No one should say that I am better than Younus (Jonah) Ibn Matta."

Here the Prophet Muhammed is asking the people NOT to make him better than Younus.

Sahih Moslem:

"Abu Hurayra said, a Muslim man and a Jew got in an argument,

the Muslim said I swear by the One who Chose Muhammed over the whole world. The Jew said , I swear by the One who chose Moses over the whole world. The Muslim man raised his hand and slapped the Jew on his face. The Jew went to the Prophet Muhammed and complained . The messenger of God said, " Do not make me better than Moses." The people will fall unconscious (in the Last Day), and I will be the first to wake up, and I will find Moses already there by the "Aarsh" throne of God. I would not know whether he fell unconscious also and wake up before me, or God excluded him from that."

Sahih Moslem;

Anas Ibn Malik said; a man came to the messenger of God and said, O you, the best of all people, (Khayer Al-Baryeh) The messenger of God said; "this would be Ibrahim (Abraham) peace be upon him."

Sahih Moslem

Abu Saeed Al-Khudry said, the messenger of God said, "Do NOT make distinction among the prophets.

Do they take heed ?

(14) MUHAMMED AND THE MAGIC SPELL

Sahih Moslem and Sahih Bukhary had the long hadith that tells of the prophet Muhammed suffering of a magic spell, casted on him by a Jewish man from Bany Zuriq, The prophet (according to this lie), was so affected by the spell that he was not aware of what he says or does. He would think he had intercourse with his wives when he did not. This is one of the biggest insult to the Prophet Muhammed. This lie is repeated in both books of Bukhary and Moslem. This lie is called SAHIH HADITH. The messenger of God has to know every second what he is doing and what he is saying. This is just another example of the fabrications and lies that they call SAHIH.

(15) INSULT OF GOD

Sahih Bukhary 97/24, 10/129 and comment on verse 68:42

"On the day of Judgment, God will open His leg and show His thigh to the Prophet."

"God will show His leg to the believers and they will fall prostrate."

Remember what God said about Himself in the Quran. in 42:11, and 6:103. Also remember what God told Moses when Moses asked God if he can look at Him (God) .

(16) INSULTING MUHAMMED

Sahih Bukhary:

Section of Ghusul (washing after intercourse)

Anas Ibn Malik said, The Prophet Muhammed used to go by all his wives and have intercourse with them within one hour, day or night. and they were eleven wives.We asked ; "How can he do it?" He said, we were talking about the prophet given the sexual power of thirty men.

Another Sahih Lie from the Sahih book of Bukhary. Notice that Bukhary accepted that hadith even when the hadtith talks about eleven wives while historically the prophet is known to have only nine wives.

They tried to make Muhammed a superman by giving him the sexual power of thirty men. They invented a lie and put it in a SAHIH book.

Does Muhammed need their lies to be honored ? NO.

Is this what the Quran teaches about our beloved Prophet ? NO.

Is this What the TRUE Muslim care about Muhammed ? NO.

Is it a surprise that Muhammed will complain to God on the Day of Judgment because the Muslims deserted the Quran, for other lies and fabrications, see 25:30 ? NO

(17) INSULTING WOMEN AGAIN, & NON-SENSE

Sahih Bukhary and Moslem:

Abu Hurayra said, the messenger of God said; "If it was not for the Jews (Children of Israel),the food would have never deteriorated and the meat would have never turned bad (rot, decay or spoil). & If it was not for EVE, no WOMAN would have ever cheated on her husband."

Again a blasphemy against God and His prophet. Insulting women and dogs is a characteristic feature of Abu Hurayra's attitude. The Prophet Muhammed could not have said this NON-SENSE. They still however put it in their Sahih (Authentic) Hadiths Books. This is a direct violation of Quran and known facts. Abu Hurayra did not know then ,that there is living germs that make the food and meat turn bad even before the creation of the Jews. Quran never blamed EVE for the sin that Adam and Eve committed. Blaming all the women in the world for supposedly a sin that Eve committed is against the basic Quranic principles and against the justice of God, the Most Merciful. See 6:164

Should we believe God or believe Abu Hurayra?

(18) WOMEN AND LEADERSHIP

Sahih Bukhary:

Abu Bakara said the messenger of God said:

"Any community whose leader is a woman will never succeed"

Another lie in the name of the prophet that has no support from the Quran. This hadith actually proves the corruption of Imam Al-Bukhary himself who accepted this hadith from Abu Bakara, a man known to have lied and punished in public by Omar Ibn Al-Khattab. According to the rules of God in the Quran, Abu Bakara 's testimony (hadiths) should have never been accepted. See 24:4

From this lie the Muslim scholars put the women down and denied her the right to be in any leading position . This hadith has no support from history or from the Quran. Check the Quran and the story of Queen of Sheba, who became a Muslim (Submittter) ad led a great nation as a woman.

(19) KILLING WOMEN AND CHILDREN

Sahih Moslem:

3 Hadiths about attacking the disbelievers.Ibn Abbas said , Al-Saab Ibn Guthama said, we asked the messenger of God about the women and children killed during the attack on the disbelievers, and he said they are from among them (like them) (like their parents).

BLASPHEMY against God, Islam and the prophet. This lie included in the Sahih books are another example of the blasphemy these fabrication carry against the prophet.

It contradicts the well known Muslim history when the prophet specifically told his soldiers not to kill the children and women. No WONDER the messenger of God will complain to God from these Muslims who accepted these SAHIH LIES, see 25:30.

(20) KILL THE DOGS

Bukhary's Sahih:

"Ibn Omar said the messenger of God ordered us to kill the DOGS."

Ibn Hanbal's collection: The messenger of God said:

" You shall kill all black DOGS, because they are devils."

Another NON-SENSE and insult to the Islam, the prophet and God. These lies and fabrications are listed in the SAHIH books of Hadiths. Do you wonder why God called His book, the BEST HADITH? It does not have any of this non-sense.

GOD wants us to uphold only His Hadiths, the Quran.

"Have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all the things God has created? Does it ever occur to them that the end of their life may be near? Which HADITH, besides this (Quran) do they believe in?" 7:185

(21)SATAN URINATES IN YOUR EARS

Sahih Moslem and Sahih Bukhary:

Abu Hurayra said,"It was mentioned at the messenger of God that a man slept the whole night (did not do his prayer). He said, this man had Satan urinated in his ears."

Another SAHIH NON-SENSE.

The messenger of God could not have said this non-sense hadith. Check the BEST HADITH (Quran) for the BEST KNOWLEDGE.

(22)SATAN LAUGHS WHEN YOU YAWN

Sahih Bukhary and Sahih Moslem:

Abu Hurayra said, the prophet said; " Yawning is from Satan. If you are about to yawn, you should try to stop it as much as possible. If you yawn, Satan will laugh."

(23) SATAN ENTERS THROUGH YOUR MOUTH:

Abu Hurayra said; the prophet said; "If any of you yawn,, then try your best to stop yawning because Satan will enter (your mouth)."

Another NON-SENSE by Abu Hurayra and accepted as Sahih by Bukhary and Moslem. Our beloved Prophet would not say such non-sense. He told his true followers not to write but the QURAN.

(24) SATAN SLEEPS IN THE BACK OF YOUR THROAT:

Abu Hurayra said the prophet said:

"When someone wakes up from sleep, he/she should clean his/her nasopharynx (back of the throat), (by taking the water in the mouth, gurgle with it and bringing it through the nose) three times, because Satan spends the night in the nasopharynx (back of the throat).

Another non-sense by Abu Hurayra accepted by the Sahih books scholars that showed many lies attributed to the Prophet.

(25) SATAN FARTS LOUDLY

Sahih Moslem and Bukhary:

Abu Hurayra said, the prophet said:

"When the call for prayer is made, SATAN turns around to leave farting very loud so that he would not hear the Azan (call for prayer), When Azan is finished Satan returns back......"

Another Sahih NON-SENSE.

What this has to do with the religion of WORSHIP GOD ALONE ?!!!

Is this what this PERFECT religion is all about.

(26) SATAN AND THE DONKEY

Sahih Moslem, and Sahih Bukhary:

Abu Hurayra said the prophet said:

"If you hear the crows of the roosters, ask God for some of His provisions, because the roosters saw an angel. And If you hear the hee-haw of the donkey, seek refuge in God from Satan, because the donkey saw the Shytan (Satan).

Another Sahih NON-SENSE. Another insult to the Prophet Muhammed by those who claim to respect him while attributing non-sense to him in the so called Sahih books of Hadith.

There is only ONE hadith acceptable to God and the Prophet Muhammed, the hadith God called the BEST HADITH.

"God has revealed herein the BEST HADITH; a book that is consistent and points out both ways (to heaven and hell). The skins of those who reverence their Lord cringe therefrom, then their skins and their hearts soften up for God's message. Such is God's guidance; he bestows it upon whomever He wills. As for those sent astray by God, nothing can guide them." 39:23

(27) MUHAMMED LOSES HIS TEMPER, CURSES AND INSULTS

Sahih Moslem:

"Aysha said, two men came to the messenger of God and talked to him about something I did not know what it was about. They made him angry, so he cursed them and insulted them. After they left, I said, O Messenger of God, what kind of good did these two men. gain ? He said, Why you asking ? I said; "You cursed them and insulted them". He said. Do not you know what kind of promise I got from God ? I asked God, that if I ever curse or insult a Muslim, that He would give him a charity and reward."

Again, we can see lies attributed to both Aysha and the Prophet. The Prophet Muhammed was well known for his compassion towards the people and his mild behavior. He was not known to get angry easy, curse and insult people. He received the great testimony from God for being blessed with a great moral character, see 68:4. This SAHIH LIE like many others contradicts the Quran , other hadiths and common sense. Those who believe in these SAHIH lies will be held responsible for their idol-worship on the day when Muhammed will complain to God from the Muslims for deserting the Quran. See 25:30

(28) WOMEN IN HELL

Omran Ibn Hussein, said the prophet said; "I looked at Heaven and found that the majority of its dwellers are the poor, and looked at Hell and found the majority of its dwellers are the WOMEN.

Here again is another Sahih Lie as this hadith contradicts the Quran that teaches without any doubt that the dwellers of Heaven are the most righteous, not the poorest and not only that but God teaches us that the rich righteous is better than the poor righteous, see 16:75.

The Quran DOES NOT teach in any way that WOMEN are any more of sinners than MEN, or that they are the dwellers of Hell more than men. This prejudice against the women in Islam can be found only in the fabricated book of men, called Sahih Hadiths. None of this NON-SENSE can be found in the greatest book of all the QURAN.

(29) MOSES NAKED

"Abu Hurayra said, the messenger of God said; "The Children of Israel used to take a bath looking at each other while they are completely naked, while Moses used to take his bath by himself alone. They said, why is not Moses taking his bath with us , May be he has large testicles. One day, Moses went to take a bath, he put his clothes on a rock. The rock took his clothes and ran away. Moses ran naked after the rock calling on it to give him his clothes. The Children of Israel looked at the naked Moses and said, By God , he looks all right. Moses took his clothes from the rock and kept beating the rock. "

Another SAHIH NON-SENSE. What this has to do with our perfect religion, Islam and the prophet Muhammed. It is the kind of shame that you find in the books fabricated by men and accepted by some Muslims as our Islam.

(30) CURSED IS THE WOMAN

Sahih Bukhary:

Abu Hurayra said; the messenger of God said; "If a man calls his wife to his bed and she refused. Then he slept the night mad at her, she will be cursed by God and the angels until the morning."

Another NON-SENSE lie listed in the Hadiths books as SAHIH HADITH. This does not even get close the teachings of God in the Quran where the relationship between the man and his wife is built on mutual love and respect.

30:21 "Among His proofs is that He created for you spouses from among yourselves, in order to have tranquility and contentment with each other, and He placed in your hearts LOVE and CARE towards your spouses. In this, there are sufficient proofs for people who THINK."

(31) LICK YOUR FINGERS AND YOUR PLATES

Sahih Moslem:

Abu Hurayra said; the messenger of God said; "If any of you eat, then you should lick your fingers because you do not know in which one is the blessings (Baraka).

Ibn Abbas said; the messenger of God said; " If any of you eat,, do not clean your hand until you lick it first. "

Gaber Ibn Abdullah said; the messenger of God said; " You should lick the plate and the fingers, because you do not know where is the blessings."

What this has to do with the teaching of the religion of God Alone, the religion of absoluteness to the one and only God ??!!

(32) SATAN EATS WITH HIS LEFT HAND

Sahih Moslem:

Abu Hurayra said, the messenger of God said; "If any of you eats, you should eat with your right hand, and drink with the right hand, because Satan eats and drinks with his left hand.

NON-SENSE, lie listed as Sahih Hadith. Satan is not of the same physical character like humans. His creation is different than humans according to God in the Quran. Does he eats like humans ? Quran mentions nothing about Satan eating and whether he is right handed or left handed. We are not to follow Satan by leaving the Quran and hold to non-sense man- made religion found in hadiths books. God told us that His book is complete, perfect and fully detailed. If you do not believe God is His assertion then it does not matter if you eat with your right hand all your life, Hell will be your abode.

(33) WHY BABIES CRY?

Sahih Moslem:

Abu Hurayra said, the messenger of God said; "Every newborn from the descendants of Adam is touched by Satan when born, and that is why he/she starts by crying. The only exception was Jesus and his mother."

Any look at the medical books will explain to you why the newborns cry when born. Satan has nothing to do with them. It is just the kind of non-sense that can be found in the books fabricated by ignorant men of the 6 th and 7 th centuries.

(34) DAYS OF THE WEEK AND CREATION

Sahih Moslem:

Abu Hurayra said "The messenger of God took me by the hand and said, God created the soil on Saturday, the mountains on Sunday, the trees on Monday, the abominations on Tuesday,, the light on Wednesday, the animals on Thursday, and Adam on Friday afternoon."

Another NON-SENSE, that has no support form the Quran.

(35) GOD ESTABLISHED ON THE THRONE ON THE SEVENTH DAY

Al-Nesaay:

Abu Hurayra said; "God created the Heaven and Earth in six days then firmly established on the throne on the seventh day."

This seventh day addition by Abu Hurayra is just a story he heard from his Jewish friend who influenced him to put many false hadiths taken from fabrications in the altered Torah.

This false statement cannot be found in the Quran. See 7:54

(36) WIVES EASY WAY TO HEAVEN

Al-Termethy:

Um Salma said the messenger of God said; "If a woman dies while her husband was pleased with her, she will enter Paradise.

God never said in the Quran that obeying your husband is a criterion to enter paradise. Obeying your husband comes from the mutual respect and love that God talked about in the Quran. If going to Heaven means cooking the favorite food of your husband, massaging his feet , wash his clothes and allow him to take a second or third wife, this could be an easy way out of all your religious duties. That is what Satan wants to put in the minds of those who do not want to follow the Quran. That is why following any book but the Quran is Idol-worship. That is why the majority of those who believe in God will go to Hell because they committed idol-worship while believing in God., see 12:106

(36 B) WOMEN LIFT MOUNTAINS

Musnad Ahmad:

"If a man orders a woman to lift a mountain she should be ready to lift it."

To enter paradise , a woman should be ready to lift a mountain otherwise her husband would not be happy with her.

Is this the kind of Islam (Submission) they talk about ??! In true Islam (Submission in English) , the submission is only to God. Remember that the women are supposed to be the weaker sex ? The weaker sex lift a mountain?!

(37) HUSBAND AS A GOD

Sahih Bukhary:

Abu Hurayra said: the messenger of God said:

"A woman should not fast except with her husband's permission."

Again you can see the contradiction to the Quran.

Nowhere in the Quran can you find this kind of order. Every soul is responsible for his/her own deeds. A husband will not carry the sins of his wife if she does not fast or do her prayers. The order for fasting in the Quran goes to both men and women. God holds every person responsible for his/her own deed. God told us repeatedly in the Quran that on the day of Judgment people will always blame somebody else for their fall, but this does not help.see 2:166-167

(38) THE SINS OF MUSLIMS ARE GIVEN TO THE JEWS AND CHRISTIANS

Burda said that his father said the messenger of God said; "On the Last Day, some Muslims will come with sins as much as the mountains, but God will forgive them for these sins and put these sins on the Jews and the Christians."

This SAHIH LIE contradicts the teachings of the Quran as stated in 6:164, where every soul will be responsible only for what it did and also is contradicting 3:199, where God is telling us that some of the Jews and Christians are believers in God and they reverence Him and will receive their recompense from their Lord.

(39) DEAD MUSLIM MEANS A JEW IN HELL

Sahih Moslem:

Burda narrated that his father said the messenger of God said; "Every time a Muslim man dies, God puts in hell fire a Jew or a Christian."

Another lie that has no support in the Quran. Again check 3:199 and 6:164

(40) MUHAMMED WRITES TO THE ROMANS

Sahih Bukhary:

Qatada said; Anas said, "When the prophet Muhammed (PBUH) wanted to write to the Romans, he was told that they would not read a message unless it is stamped. He (Muhammed) took a stamp made of silver, I can see its bright whiteness in his hand and he engraved in it, "Muhammed the messenger of God"

In this Hadith Muhammed is mentioned writing his name on his own silver stamp. The rest of the hadiths books tried to picture Muhammed as an illiterate man who cannot read and write.

The word the scholars relied on to bestow literacy upon the Prophet was "UMMY". Unfortunately for these "scholars", this word clearly means "Gentile" or one who does not follow any scripture (Torah or Gospel ). See 2:78, 3:20, &75 , 62:2; it does not mean 'illiterate."

This claim that Muhammed is an illiterate man is a contradiction to the Quran which shows Muhammed as a man who can read and write.

Quran tells us that Muhammed wrote down the Quran- his contemporaries are quoted in the Quran as saying, "These are tales from the past that he wrote down. They are being given to him day and night." 25:5 You can not "dictate" to an illiterate person. The Prophet's enemies who accuse him of illiteracy abuse verse 29:48, which relates specifically to previous scriptures.

This hadith is by itself another example of the contradiction found in the hadiths books between hadiths.

"...if it were from other than God, they would have found in it many contradictions." 4:82

(41) SETTING HOMES AND TREES ON FIRE

Sahih Bukhary:

Bukhary narrates a long story of Gareer saying that the prophet asked him to get rid of a place in Khathaam, so he went with 150 men burn the homes and the trees and left completely destroyed. He was blessed and his men by the prophet.

In another hadith, Nafii said Ibn Omar said the prophet (PBUH) burned the Palm trees of Bany Al Naddeer.

These are just two examples of the lies in the SAHIH HADITHS books. First they contradict the Quran that depicts the prophet Muhammed as a most compassionate and one with a great moral character. Second they contradict other hadiths that clearly said that the prophet specifically told his troops during his wars NOT to burn trees or injure the animals, women or children.

It is no surprise that the messenger will complain to God on the Day of Judgment that the Muslims deserted the Quran for these fabrications and lies.

(42) KILLING THE PRISONER OF WAR

Sahih Bukhary:

Anas Ibn Malik said; the messenger of God gave permission to kill a prisoner of war who was holding to the clothes of Kaaba.

Again this hadith contradicts all that is known about the prophet Muhammed of compassion and love for the human beings. It contradicts the Quran and other hadiths.

(43) THIEVES AND ADULTERERS GUARANTEED HEAVEN

Sahih Bukhary:

"Abu Tharr said; the prophet said; Gabriel told me; Any one of your Umma (Community) who dies not committing idol worship will enter Paradise. He asked, even if he stole and committed adultery, he said even if he stole and committed adultery."

Here is a clear violation of the Quranic rule where everyone will be asked for all the sins he committed. It is an open invitation to break God's laws. It is an invitation to the thieves and adulterers to be happy and content with their sins.

(44) HOW MANY MUSLIMS TO ENTER PARADISE ?

Sahih Bukhary:

Sahel Ibn Saad said; the prophet said; "There will enter Paradise seventy thousands or seven hundred thousands...."

The numbers mentioned sounded very large for the fabricators not realizing that the Muslims will exceed the billion. Other hadiths claim that all the Muslims will enter Paradise, even if they sinned, and this make the number 70,000 or even 700,000 very small compared to the number of Muslims who will be living on this earth.

(45) SPIT ON YOUR LEFT SIDE

Sahih Bukhary:

Abu Qatada said the prophet said, the good dream is from God and the bad dream is from Satan. If one of you had a bad dream , you should spit on your left side and seek refuge in God from Satan.

No Comment !!

(46) DO NOT SPIT INFRONT OF YOU, GOD IS THERE

Sahih Moslem:

"Abdulla Ibn Omar said the messenger of God once saw sputum on the Quibla wall , he cleaned it then came to the people and told them if you are praying do not spit to the front of you, because that is where God is, when you are praying."

I guess the fabricator of this hadith did not know that the Quran is telling us that God is everywhere , in front of us, to the right and to the left and behind us.

(47) SPIT UNDER YOUR LEFT FOOT

Sahih Moslem:

Abu Saeed AL-Khudry said the prophet once saw a sputum in the Quibla of the Masjid, he cleaned it then told us not to spit on our right side or to the front, but we should spit on the left side or under the left foot.

(8) WHEN YOU SPIT RUB IT WITH YOUR LEFT SHOE

Sahih Moslem:

Abdulla Ibn AL-Shakheer said his father said I prayed with the messenger of God and saw him spit then rub his sputum with his left footwear.

What does this have to do with the religion of worshipping God ALONE. How many times did the Quran emphasize to us what to do when we spit ?!

Do we now know why God is calling His book, the BEST HADITH and the only acceptable hadith?!

(49) GOD FALLS ASLEEP

Ibn Katheer:

Ibn Katheer in his tafseer book narrates about Abu Hurayra saying that he heard the messenger of God telling a story about Moses questioning whether God sleeps or not, so God sent him an angel to teach him. The story goes to say the angel gave Moses two glass containers and told him to hold them in both hands continuously and never let go. Moses after a long time fell asleep and broke the glass containers. The hadith was meant to indicate that God falls asleep like what happened to Moses. Ibn Katheer was clear to condemn this hadith as a pure lie as God never fall asleep as we were told in the Quran. Ibn Katheer called this hadith one of the Israelite hadiths that infiltrated Islam.

(50) ABU HURAYRA NARRATES FOR THE JEWISH CONVERT

Sahih Moslem:

Moslem narrates in his Sahih book that Yasr Ibn Saad said; " Reverence God and be careful with hadiths. I swear by God that we saw Kaab (a Jewish convert who was a close friend of Abu Hurayra) sitting with Abu Hurayra and telling him hadiths about the messenger of God. Then Abu Hurayra tells hadiths of Kaab. After they leave I found that some of those who were there make what Kaab said hadiths of Muhammed and what Muhammed said hadiths of Kaab. Reverence God and be careful with hadiths.

This narration in Sahih Moslem provides more proof of the Jewish influence on Islam through Abu Hurayra who narrated many fabricated hadiths that have nothing to do with this great religion of Islam (Submission in English).

(51) REPAIR YOU SANDAL BEFORE YOU WALK

Sahih Moslem:

Abu Hurayra said the messenger of God said; "If the one sandal of any of yours break (tear), do not walk in the other one until you repair the first one."

Who can imagine the messenger of God who has so many important tasks to carry out is keeping himself and his people busy with this kind of NON-SENSE.

Another example of the lies attributed to the Prophet Muhammed.

(52) OBEYING THE RULER LIKE OBEYING GOD

Sahih Moslem:

Abu Hurayra while living in the Royal Palace of the Khalifa Muaa'wya, narrated a hadith unique to him. He said, the messenger of God said; Whoever obeys me, obeys God, and whoever disobeys me, disobeys God. And whoever obeys the Emir (Ruler, or Khalifa), obeys me and whoever disobeys the Emir disobeys me.

The fabrication and lie is clear and obvious, for the sake of living in the Royal Palace.

(53) MUHAMMED DOES NOT KNOW THE FUTURE

Sahih Bukhary:

Aysha said; "Any one who says that Muhammed knows the unseen (or future) is a liar"

This hadith contradicts hundreds of hadiths that allege that Muhammed predicted things to come in the future. These hundreds of hadiths contradict the Quran that teaches in a positive way that Muhammed did not know the future.

In 7:188 God put it very clear and unambiguous

"Say (O Muhammed), "I have no power to benefit myself, or harm myself. Only what God wills happen to me.If I KNEW THE FUTURE, I would have increased my wealth, and no harm would have afflicted me. I am no more than a warner, and a bearer of good news for those who believe."

(54) DIP THE FLY IN YOUR FOOD

Sahih Bukhary:

Abu Hurayra said; the messenger of God said; "If a fly fell in your drink, you should immerse it completely in the drink, because in one of the wings is the disease and in the other wing is the healing."

Another NON-SENSE that has no proof in the Quran or in the common medical knowledge.

(55) GOD GOES DOWN EVERY NIGHT

Sahih Bukhary:

Abu Hurayra said the messenger of God said; " God descends every night to the lower Heaven in the last third of the night, saying ; who will ask me so I would give him ? who would ask for forgiveness so I forgive him ?"

This hadiths is insulting to God, the Messenger of God and the Muslims and has no support from the Quran or common sense. God is teaching us in the Quran that He is with us everywhere. He does not need to move down or up to listen to us. He is closer to us than the Jugular vein in our neck. See 50:16

(56) THE PROPHET NAKED

Sahih Bukhary:

Gaber Ibn Abdullah said the messenger of God was carrying rocks with them to the Kaaba while having his clothes on. His uncle Al Abbas suggested to him to lift his clothes up, so he did and so exposed himself. The messenger of God fell unconscious and was never seen naked again since then.

Another SAHIH LIE. This hadiths has no significance in the religion of perfection, Islam (Submission). This kind of hadiths reflect the disrespect these fabricators had for the prophet of God.

(57) DO NOT BUILD MASJIDS ON TOMBS

THEY DO NOT EVEN FOLLOW THEIR OWN CLAIMED HADITHS !!

Sahih Moslem:

Abu Hurayra said, the messenger of God said; "Cursed are the Jews and the Christians, they made out of their prophet's tombs masajids (places for worship).<<

So, what did the Muslims do with Muhammed's tomb after his death ?, while claiming to believe in what is written in these hadiths books, they built a masjid on his tomb. Not only did they defy this commandments, if it was his, but added to the ritual of Hajj, that is supposed to be ABSOLUTELY to God ALONE, added to it a visit to Muhammed's tomb. This kind of visit is neither from God nor from Muhammed himself. He never visited his own tomb after his Hajj.

Is it any wonder that the prophet Muhammed will complain from them on the Day of Judgment, THAT THEY DESERTED THE QURAN ?see 25:30.

CONCLUSION:

These were just some examples of how Satan controlled the books of hadiths and TRIED TO distort Islam. It is comforting to know that the TRUE believers have their Islam well protected and preserved when they follow the book that is protected by God Almighty, the QURAN. See 15:9 and 41:42

These examples show us why God called on His worshipers to follow no other hadiths but His hadiths, the Quran. See 45:6, 7:185, 77:50 and 31:6

It also shows to us why the messenger of God will complain to God on the Day of Judgment that the Muslims deserted the Quran (not the Hadiths and Sunna).

Does Hadith explain Quran?, Click on it, to see the truth for yourself.

REFERENCES:

(1) The Holy QURAN.

(2) Sahih Bukhary.

(3) Sahih Moslem.

(4) Musnad Ahmad.

(5) Tafseer Ibn Katheer.

(6) Muataa Malik

(7) Taq-yeed Al Ilm for Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdady

(8) The Documentation of Sunna and Hadiths. By Ibrahim Fawzi. Riyad El-Rayyes Books Limited. London.

(9) "Fa Isaalo Ahal Al Ilm " (Ask those who possess knowledge). By Dr. Muhammed Al-Tigany Al-Simaoy. London.
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  7:53 PM Reply with quote
Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 71, Number 660: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/071.sbt.html#007.071.660

Narrated 'Aisha:
Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he used to think that he had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not (Sufyan said: That is the hardest kind of magic as it has such an effect).

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 71, Number 661: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/071.sbt.html#007.071.661

Narrated 'Aisha:
Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he began to imagine that he had done something although he had not. One day while he was with me, he invoked Allah and invoked for a long period and then said, "O 'Aisha! Do you know that Allah has instructed me regarding the matter I asked Him about?" I asked, "What is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Two men came to me; one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. One of them asked his companion, 'What is the disease of this man?' The other replied, 'He is under the effect of magic.' …

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/005.sbt.html#001.005.268

Narrated Qatada:
Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven).

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 5, Number 267:

Narrated Muhammad bin Al-Muntathir:
on the authority of his father that he had asked 'Aisha (about the Hadith of Ibn 'Umar). She said, "May Allah be Merciful to Abu 'Abdur-Rahman. I used to put scent on Allah's Apostle and he used to go round his wives, and in the morning he assumed the Ihram, and the fragrance of scent was still coming out from his body."
Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 5, Number 270:

Narrated Muhammad bin Al-Muntathir:
on the authority of his father that he had asked 'Aisha about the saying of Ibn 'Umar(i.e. he did not like to be a Muhrim while the smell of scent was still coming from his body). 'Aisha said, "I scented Allah's Apostle and he went round (had sexual intercourse with) all his wives, and in the morning he was Muhrim (after taking a bath)."
Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 62, Number 5:

Narrated 'Ata:
We presented ourselves along with Ibn 'Abbas at the funeral procession of Maimuna at a place called Sarif. Ibn 'Abbas said, "This is the wife of the Prophet so when you lift her bier, do not Jerk it or shake it much, but walk smoothly because the Prophet had nine wives and he used to observe the night turns with eight of them, and for one of them there was no night turn."
Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 62, Number 6:

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet I used to go round (have sexual relations with) all his wives in one night, and he had nine wives.
Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 62, Number 142:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
The Prophet used to pass by (have sexual relation with) all his wives in one night, and at that time he had nine wives.

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301:

Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."
Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 48, Number 826:

The Prophet said, "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said, "Yes." He said, "This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind."

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 2, Number 28:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 54, Number 509:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of you (during the act of yawning) should say: 'Ha', Satan will laugh at him."

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 21, Number 245:

Narrated 'Abdullah :
A person was mentioned before the Prophet (p.b.u.h) and he was told that he had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer. The Prophet said, "Satan urinated in his ears."

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 54, Number 483:

Narrated Abu Jamra Ad-Dabi:
I used to sit with Ibn 'Abbas in Mecca. Once I had a fever and he said (to me), "Cool your fever with Zam-zam water, for Allah's Apostle said: 'It, (the Fever) is from the heat of the (Hell) Fire; so, cool it with water (or Zam-zam water)."
Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 54, Number 486:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
The Prophet said, "Fever is from the heat of the (Hell) Fire; so abate fever with water."

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 54, Number 516:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "If anyone of you rouses from sleep and performs the ablution, he should wash his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out thrice, because Satan has stayed in the upper part of his nose all the night."

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:

Narrated Abu Dhar:
The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing." (36.38)

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 200:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
That once he was in the, company of the Prophet carrying a water pot for his ablution and for cleaning his private parts. While he was following him carrying it(i.e. the pot), the Prophet said, "Who is this?" He said, "I am Abu Huraira." The Prophet said, "Bring me stones in order to clean my private parts, and do not bring any bones or animal dung." Abu Huraira went on narrating: So I brought some stones, carrying them in the corner of my robe till I put them by his side and went away. When he finished, I walked with him and asked, "What about the bone and the animal dung?" He said, "They are of the food of Jinns. The delegate of Jinns of (the city of) Nasibin came to me--and how nice those Jinns were--and asked me for the remains of the human food. I invoked Allah for them that they would never pass by a bone or animal dung but find food on them."

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 55, Number 546:

Narrated Anas:
When 'Abdullah bin Salam heard the arrival of the Prophet at Medina, he came to him and said, "I am going to ask you about three things which nobody knows except a prophet: What is the first portent of the Hour? What will be the first meal taken by the people of Paradise? Why does a child resemble its father, and why does it resemble its maternal uncle" Allah's Apostle said, "Gabriel has just now told me of their answers." 'Abdullah said, "He (i.e. Gabriel), from amongst all the angels, is the enemy of the Jews." Allah's Apostle said, "The first portent of the Hour will be a fire that will bring together the people from the east to the west; the first meal of the people of Paradise will be Extra-lobe (caudate lobe) of fish-liver. As for the resemblance of the child to its parents: If a man has sexual intercourse with his wife and gets discharge first, the child will resemble the father, and if the woman gets discharge first, the child will resemble her." On that 'Abdullah bin Salam said, "I testify that you are the Apostle of Allah." 'Abdullah bin Salam further said, "O Allah's Apostle! The Jews are liars, and if they should come to know about my conversion to Islam before you ask them (about me), they would tell a lie about me." The Jews came to Allah's Apostle and 'Abdullah went inside the house. Allah's Apostle asked (the Jews), "What kind of man is 'Abdullah bin Salam amongst you?" They replied, "He is the most learned person amongst us, and the best amongst us, and the son of the best amongst us." Allah's Apostle said, "What do you think if he embraces Islam (will you do as he does)?" The Jews said, "May Allah save him from it." Then 'Abdullah bin Salam came out in front of them saying, "I testify that None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah." Thereupon they said, "He is the evilest among us, and the son of the evilest amongst us," and continued talking badly of him.

super science...

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 54, Number 540:

Allah's Apostle ordered that the dogs should be killed.

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 54, Number 537:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."

gee I'm so glad we have hadith to guide us to jannah... what rubbish it is...
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, November 20, 2006  -  8:28 PM Reply with quote
Very informative. Thanks for sharing this.

What do you know about the Shia hadith?
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, November 21, 2006  -  1:28 AM Reply with quote
Salaam I would urge people to check the hadith with references... for example, there is a hadith mentioned in a post up there (which that author got from an al balaagha author) regarding allah showing his thigh, in bukhari, but i could not find either reference given, but others are certainly there.

Its never any harm for people to check these out so you can see for yourself these hadith.

The above articles are worth consideration, mine too inshallah.

salaam

Edited by: marwan on Saturday, July 10, 2010 1:48 PM
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, November 21, 2006  -  1:53 AM Reply with quote
I do think the hadith have caused much problems for Muslims, and yet we still are die-hard fans of hadith. I don't know why people so blindly follow these.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, November 21, 2006  -  3:30 AM Reply with quote
Your Question:
If this black stone was truly descended from heaven, would God not tell us so?

Your conclusion:
If you then ask why did he kiss it? you will not get any substantial answer

Your Question:
why are you kissing the stone?

Muslims’ answer:
We do not worship the black stone, we only kiss it because the prophet kissed it

Your conclusion:
But this reply only exposes their idolatry

Hi, Marwan
You have copied a whole book!

I have quoted just two examples of the numerous questions asked in the article. The auther asks a question and answers it himself (or herself?)

Instead of wasting the pages of the forum, you could have given the URL of the link to the article.

Anyway let me come direct to the point without further wasting pages/time of the members:

INSTEAD OF ASKING QUESTIONS AND (accepting the answer given by the autor)/ANSWERING THEM YOURSELF, POST YOUR QUESTION ON THIS FORUM AND GET ANSWERS FROM MUSLIMS.

TO BEGIN WITH ASK THE MEMBERS OF THE FORUM TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS HIGHLIGHTED ABOVE.

THEN COME TO A CONCLUSION WHETHER YOUR ANSWER (OR THE ANSWER WHICH THE WRITER OF THIS ARTICLE WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE) IS RIGHT OR WRONG.

LATER ON PICK UP THE OTHER QUESTIONS ONE BY ONE, POST THEM HERE, GET REPLIES AND THEN DECIDE

I say this because you cannot expect us to sit and type out the answers for hours together after searching out your questions from the lengthy article (which you have copied and pasted here at the click of your mouse). Moreover you will find that the computer system tkes a longer time to open such pages.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12
Next page >>
Page 1 of 12

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker