Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Wednesday, November 22, 2006  -  11:31 PM Reply with quote
Prophetic responsibilities by Amin Ahsen Islahi

The prophetic responsibilities of Prophet Mohammad Pbuh by Amin Ahsen Islahi

Those who deny sunnah claim that Prophet Mohammad Pbuh's real responsibility wa solely to pass the Wahi that was bestowed upon him to the people. After this his task was acomplished and his duty was fulfilled. To answer thier claim please read these verses of the Qur'an.

O'our Creator, send among them one Rasool from within them who will read to them Your verses and will teach them Al-Kitab and Al-Hikmah and will purify them. No doubt you are all powerfull and wise.2;129

This was the prayer of Hazrat Abraham and Ismael Pbut about Prophet Mohammad Pbuh.

He is the God who ahs sent among the illitrates a prophet from within them, who read sto them His verses and purifies them and teaches them Al-Kitab and Al-Hikmah. No doubt these people were openely misguided before. (surah Jummah -2)

According to the Qur'an thus the duties of the Prophet Mohammad Pbuh included

1. To recite the verses of teh Qur'an to the people
2.To teach Al-Kitab and Al-Hikmah
3. Tazkiya or purification.

The prophet Pbuh did not just recite the Qur'an like a Qaari but like a teacher he taught the people with immense enthuisasm and affection. To be a teacher of Kitab was one of the duties of Risalaat or prophethood.

The initial requirement was that those religious legislations like Zakat, salat, Hajj, Fasting, Ummrah, Nikah, Divorce; there practical shape could not be clarified without practical demonstration were taught.

Further more , the religious regulation or shariah given in the Qur'an is in the form of principles of regulations. Each of these regulations have multiple possible variations, where the decision has been left to guidance of the teacher or scholar and Ijtihaad. Obviously for this Ijtihaad, the Ummah could not rely on better guidance then that of Prophet Mohammad Pbuh.

It must also be remembered that the Qur'an has given us the outline and blue print of collective social system and also pointed out bounderies and limitations for individuals, however its details and smaller issues and issues related to its practical infrastructure were left for the Rasool of the Allah.

In adition to teaching Kitab the Prophet Pbuh also taught us Al-Hikmah.

Inorder to fulfill these duties it was imperitive that Prophet Mohammad Pbuh was a Divine Teacher appointer by Allah and these were his allocated responsibilities as a prophet.

Lastly let us look at the prophet's role to do Tazkiya. Tazkiyah or purification entails individual and collective purification. spiritual, emotional and physical and intellectual purification.

In order to achieve this it was important than one looked after the actions, minds and ettiquetes and morals of people. It also required creation of such an environment where there was scope for puriifcation of spirit and sole. and people felt inclined to be attracted toeards virtues and developed dislike for vices.

Thus to recite and convey the verses of teh Qur'an was just one part of teh duties of prophet Pbuh. He also taught the Qur'an, explained its wisdom and clarified the doubts and dificulties. The prophet Pbuh also in the light of Qur'anic wsdom and knowledge developed and laid out rules and regulations for the education of individuals and society which will encourage tazkiya or purification.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, November 22, 2006  -  11:40 PM Reply with quote
1. O'you who believe! Believe in God and His Rasool, and the scripture which He has sent to His Prophet (4:136)

2. O you who believe ! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger[Mohammad Pbuh], and render not in vain your deeds. Be not weary and faint hearted, crying for peace, when you are bound to be victorious, for God is with you, and will never put you in loss for your deeds.(47;33-35)

3. O you who believe! fear God and believe in His Prophet, and He will bestow on you a double portion of His mercy: he will provide for you. A light by which you shall walk[straight in your path], and He will forgive you[your past]; for God is Oft -Forgiving. Most merciful 57:28

O you believe here refers to Christians in the context of the verse.

4, And those who obey Allah and the Prophet shall be among those whom God has blessed like the prophets, the uprights, the witnesses[to the truth] and therighteous. And how excellent these companions are (4:69)

5. Obey Allah and obey the Rasool and those who are in authority (4:59)

6. In God's messenger you have indeed a good example for everyone who looks forward with hope to God and the last Day , and remembers God unceasingly 33:21

7. I am a human being like you. When I give you any religious command,accept it. When I say something of my personal opinion, remember that I am nothing but a human being. I had only guessed[regarding the fertilization method of date palms]. Do not accept from me that which is based on guesswork. However when I convey something from ALlah, follow it because I will never attribute anything to Allah falsely. As regards your worldly affairs, you are more knowledgeable than I am ( Sahih Muslim)

We gave you the Kawther.

How do you know what is Kawther?

The prophet Pbuh told us that this is the name of a pond

The Qur'an mentions Hajj and Salat without mentioning their details. The prophet Pbuh said

Learn from me the rituals of Hajj
Pray in the manner you see me praying

3. Eat and drink until the white thread appears to you distinct from the black thread; then complete your fast till the nightfall (2;187)

The prophet explained the white thread as the day and black thread as the night.

4. And hold fast the rope of Allah together and do not become disunited. 3;106

The Holy Prophet Pbuh explaind that the rope of Allah is the Book Of Allah

5.O you who believe! When you rise up for prayer, wash your face, and your hands up to the elbows, and [lightly] rub your heads and [wash] your feet yp to ankles. 5:6
The directive only lays out the basic requirement in this regard. But when we study the way the Holy Prophet Pbuh performed Ablution we come to know that he did it to the highest level of perfection.

Importance of Sunnah; Although the mandatory religious rites and rituals representing worship, like Hajj, zakah have been mentioned in the Qur'an but no practical details of these rituals are mentioned in the Qur'an. We do not find the detail description of how Salat are to be offered. Actually the practical form of daily prayers and other rites and rituals could not be best explained through written text. They require a practical and living example. Without Sunnah , it would have been impossible for the Muslims to offer prayers or perform Hajj.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, November 23, 2006  -  4:35 AM Reply with quote
Sunnah: The Second Source of Islamic Law

The Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has been accepted as an important source of Islamic law, next in importance only to the Holy Qur’ân. This status of the sunnah has remained unchallenged and undisputed throughout the centuries. There have been many differences among Muslims in their juristic opinions, but the authority of the Holy Qur’ân and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) was never denied by any jurist. Leaving aside some scattered individuals who separated themselves from the main stream of the Muslim population, nobody has ever refused to accept the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) as a sacred source of the Islamic law.

The position is still the same, but some non-Muslim orientalists and some of their followers have tried, during the last century to cast some doubts in the authority or the veracity of Hadîth and to develop a suspicious attitude towards the Sunnah. That is why some Muslims who are unable to study Islam through its original sources, when they read such books, often become a bit skeptical in the subject.

The present article intends, therefore, to provide an objective and simple account of the SUNNAH based on the original sources of Islamic learning. The purpose is not to indulge in a hot atmosphere of argumentation which has no bounds or limits, but to narrate the truth as it stands.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please refer to following link to see the complete article.There are three chapters there.

http://www.ccminc.faithweb.com/iqra/articles/authsun/chap1.html
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Thursday, November 23, 2006  -  10:59 AM Reply with quote
Only Noble Qura’n is the religious LAW, all others are garbage!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker