Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, November 24, 2006  -  12:54 PM Reply with quote
profile of a TRUE Muslim

Asalaamu Alaykum brothers and sisters.

I begin with the first verse of suarh Ibrahim suarh 14;1

Alif Laam Raa! ( O'Mohammad) This Book (Qur'an)has been bestowed upon you for the reason that you bring the people out from (spiritual)darkness into (spiritual)light.

In my opinion there is neither liberal Islam or conservative Islam, their is but True Islam.

There are three aspects of religion. Knowledge, understanding and its practical application in our lives. "Deen Ilam aur amal key tawazun ka naam heh" Religion is the sum of balance between our knowledge and its practical demonstration and application.

The Qur'an says.

Good and evil are not equal [in their consequences]. Respond in the best of manners to what is evil. Then you shall see that he, who is your enemy, shall become your dearest of friends. But none can attain this except those who are steadfast [in God's directives] and none can attain this except those who are truly fortunate. If Satan tempts you to do otherwise, seek refuge in God. Indeed He hears [their discourses] and knows [what is hidden in their hearts]. (41: 34 - 36)

The Qur'an says (16;125)

Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and sincere exhortations and debate with them in manners that are appropriate.

Let us all try to understand and appreciate the ethos of our religion.
salaat is not a form of exercise or discipline but means of remembering Allah. Fasting is not starvation similarly Qurbani is not just sacrificing an animal, but at the time of qurbani we pledge with God that no matter what desire, love of worldly things, properties, money, holidays, relations- we are still ready to sacrifice and leave everything if needed for the pleasure of god-so much so that we are ready to give ourlife for Allah.

I quote from my experience of studying in Government College Lahore Pakistan.Fiza Ur Rehman the then principal gave us a welcome speech on the first day, he said " I congratulate you for having the opportunity to study in one of the best institutions of the sub-continant.However it puts great emphasis upon your shoulders, You must act, walk, talk and behave like a Ravian( students from Government college were called Ravian after their college magazine Ravi)so that if you are walking outside the college no one should have to come and ask you," Are you a Ravian", he should point "there goes a Ravian".

My dear brothers and sisters, I would like to humbly request the same message to you all subsituting Muslim for Ravian.

We claim to possess the Final Testament, then let us prove ourselves worthy of it.

What is the difference today between an average Muslim and a non muslim. perhaps the name. and we think we are chosen ummah to possess the ultimate Knowledge from Allah Himself.

What have we learnt from it. Yes we can quote verses from it and we can write long essays from it. What about its practical application in our lives, attitude and thinking. If someone does not agree with it we feel completely at ease to call them kafir or even use such language on a debate and discussion forum that makes me feel ashamed of being a Muslim.

Is this Islam ?and is this the way of Islam? and is this the Noor that we have learn't from the Qur'an that seperats us from the Minaz zulumaat.i.e darkness.

The righteous religion, The message of the final Testament and the profile of a true muslim must surely be different or else I am on the wrong planet.

Is Islam about acquiring knowledge ALONE.On the Day of Judgement our future will be decided on what we know. Without taking into account how we have applied that knowledge. Life after death is based on accountability.It is absed on being asked how we applied the knowledge we accumilated

The Islam I know is depicted in the quotes from surah Ibrahim, surah Nahal,and surah Haa meem sajdah quoted above.

I would humbly ask the following questions form the forum collegues, I hope you all answer.

1. Do you feel, in the name of religion, about religion, on these forums we are quoting religion in accordance with the ethos of Islam.

2. Is Islam a religion which is solely about knowledge acquiring form the Qur'an. It has no practical application in our every day lives.

3. We feel justified in the mannerisms and ettiquettes that we are showing in these discussion forums and we feel we are serving our religion in the best possible manner.

4.Islam allows and gives us the right that we can call those who disagree with our thinking Kafirs. No big deal.

5. If I was a moderater of studying Islam, how would I be different from the current studying Islam moderaters.

6 With the knowledge of the Qur'an I posses do I feel, the religion and teh Qur'an expects me to show a certain level of mannerism and behaviour in discussions.

My dear brothers and sisters, I speak from a very low level of Iman and knowledge. I speak from my heart and with clean intention.If I have transgressed the bounderies of my religion I apologise.

Only Allah knows best
oosman

USA
Posted - Friday, November 24, 2006  -  4:20 PM Reply with quote
quote:

What is the difference today between an average Muslim and a non muslim

The difference is that the average Muslim possesses these qualities, and many people on this forum have shown that time and again:

* intolerant
* rude
* insulting
* offensive
* extremist
* judgemental

The average non-Muslim does not have these qualities.

Did you not read the news recently, the Sunnis alledgedly bombed 160+ Shias yesterday, and today the Shias grabbed a couple of Sunni worshipers after prayers and burned them alive to death on the street. This is the typical profile of Muslims in the world today.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, November 25, 2006  -  7:37 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-Did you not read the news recently, the Sunnis alledgedly bombed 160+ Shias yesterday, and today the Shias grabbed a couple of Sunni worshipers after prayers and burned them alive to death on the street. This is the typical profile of Muslims in the world today.

If some ignorant Muslims doing this so how can you judge that the rest of the people are also the same?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, November 25, 2006  -  7:59 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-If I was a moderater of studying Islam, how would I be different from the current studying Islam moderaters.

The moderators of this site are surprisingly excellent people.What is lacking in them is when you produce even Quran and Sunnah against there point, they seems to not accepting it rather give preference to what they already learned about it.This is my personnel experience.One can say that their interpretation is not like as mine but I think this is not the case.
Ibrahimblicksjo

SWEDEN
Posted - Friday, December 1, 2006  -  10:48 PM Reply with quote
Salaamu Alaikom.
Waseem; Very good writing. It should make us think.
I live in Sweden, and some Muslims here call this a Kafir-country. For me, I think that I live in a country where most people lack knowledge of the Truth. A person is a Kafir when he denies the Truth shown beyond doubt. And do we, as Muslims, give the true picture of Islam today? And another serious thing. Prophet Muhammad (saws) said: "If a person calls another a Kafir, then one of them must be that." So imagine the seriousness in fron of Allah SWT if the person I just called a Kafir is not! Allahu Akbar. For me, I would not like to have that burden on my shoulders on the Day of Resurrection. I think we need to read and ponder over Surat al Hujurat and try to implement this surat into our daily lifes and behaviour.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, December 2, 2006  -  5:38 AM Reply with quote
Respected brothers and sisters, most humbly I state. Is the Glorious Qur'an that we all are quoting and discussing in these forums, Is it a story Book that we read,quote and enjoy? It is Divine Guidance, It is the spiritual light. We as muslims have the obligation to be the ambassadors of this faith and exemplify it to others at the same time do Inzaar or warn them. How can we accept non muslims to want to change, if they see that we behave , talk, discuss and use the same sort, in some cases worse level of communication between ourselves.Think about this scenario, a doctor turns up at a patients house, smells of alcohol and smoke, is over weight and says to patient, you should change your life style, you are not healthy. what will be the effect. This is the state of us muslims today.

The CORRECT, and TRUE knowledge, reading and understanding of the Qur'an will menefest in our speech, dialogue, actions, approach and behaviour. Actions speak louder than words. Let us try to undertsand the essence of our religion.Let us learn to be true muslims.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Sunday, December 3, 2006  -  9:27 AM Reply with quote
This post has been censored due to the use of inappropriate wordings for other participants of the forums.

Disclaimer Forums
Studying Islam

Edited by: hkhan on Sunday, January 28, 2007 11:57 PM
Puppy

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 26, 2006  -  3:17 PM Reply with quote
This post has been censored due to inappropriate wordings used.

Disclaimer Forums
Studying Islam

Edited by: hkhan on Sunday, January 28, 2007 11:49 PM
shaheenamalik

USA
Posted - Friday, January 5, 2007  -  12:38 AM Reply with quote
Waseem:
The Qur'an says (16;125)

Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and sincere exhortations and debate with them in manners that are appropriate.
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oosman:

The difference is that the average Muslim possesses these qualities, and many people on this forum have shown that time and again:

* intolerant
* rude
* insulting
* offensive
* extremist
* judgemental

The average non-Muslim does not have these qualities.

Assalamu Alaikum to all brothers and sisters and Happy Eid Mubarik.

I have been reading the posts and trying to find an appropriate gap to jump in.
What I am seeing is quotations and references to Quran and Sharia and disagreements regarding following or not following the ahadiths.
Can we individually and as a group agree to applications of Quran and Sunnah and then come and discuss our successes and failures.

1 For example, we can pick one trait or characteristic that we select and work on it for a month—it takes 21 days to form a habit. So, for example, we pick “Tolerance” or "Respect". We study what Quran says about tolerance/respect and we read Prophet’s responses to intolerance, or disrespect. We consciously practice being tolerant and respectful in our daily life until it becomes a stable habit.
2 We come to this forum and discuss what difficulties or success we are having in applying the selected trait and ask advise from each other or hear a different perspective from the good people of this forum to help us along in our struggle to improve ourselves to be informed and outstanding citizens of Islam.

We can spew out and preach all we want but until we start putting into action what we preach, we will not be able to influence others in doing good. And doing good can become contagious. And practice makes perfect!

Wa salaam
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 7, 2007  -  12:58 AM Reply with quote
w'assalam dear shaheena malik, khair mubarak and welcome to the studying islam forums/ahlan wa sehlan
looks like our dear participants hv missed your arrival being so busy discussing the topics.
your ideas sound great and i'm sure a very positive approach. plz go ahead and initiate such topics. such efforts never go to waste.
we wish you happy, healthy and beneficial times with all of us here
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 7, 2007  -  10:06 AM Reply with quote
Salam sister Shaheena. Excellent idea and I respect your thoughts. Deen ilam aur amal key tawazan ka naam hey.As I see it Islam is not just about reading and learning the Qur'an but the practical application of its instructions in our lives. Jaza'akallah
Ibrahimblicksjo

SWEDEN
Posted - Sunday, January 7, 2007  -  7:52 PM Reply with quote
Salaamu Alaikom
There is a kind of "code" if we look how the revelation of Qur'an was sent and also Allah's order to prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and then his order to us:

Iqraa
Qum
Qum

Iqraa (read, learn,study)
Qum (stand up and put this what you have learnt into practise)
Qum (stand up and show and teach others by example and by words)

If we follow this simple formula : Iqraa, qum, qum, then it would be much better.
Jazak Allahu Khayran
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  3:33 PM Reply with quote
quote:

usmani790-PAKISTAN The moderators of this site are surprisingly excellent people.
What is lacking in them is when you produce even Quran and Sunnah against there point, they seems to not accepting it rather give preference to what they already learned about it.
You know there is not just one moderator here and therefore I suggest that instead of generalising your attack on moderators please quote the specific instance and name the moderator whom you consider worthy of blame.

By doing so other members of the forum will also be able to judge whether the person is really guilty or whether you are falsely accusing him/her.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  4:54 AM Reply with quote
Thank you for your suggestion.If any moderator will ask me then I will do it.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 28, 2007  -  11:25 PM Reply with quote
thank you all for your valuable posts or your nitty gritties for the moderators are appreciated 'cause they keep them awake
studying islam aims to present in it's courses the true picture of islam from original sources i.e. Qura'n and the Sunnah. the moderators of the site are also the students of this site and try 'n stick to the same rule; however authencity can be given to the study material presented by the site in it's courses which is supported by relevant references and evidence; and to such quotations or links of the material by the moderators. as for the personal opinions of the moderators, they must be classed as such i.e. personal
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, January 29, 2007  -  4:54 AM Reply with quote
quote:

as for the personal opinions of the moderators, they must be classed as...personal
Such being the case Usmani790 would do well to sort out his point of difference by quoting the passage from the posts instead of sitting back and accusing the moderator or any member.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker