1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 4 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, February 28, 2007  -  12:31 AM Reply with quote
Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you have learned yesterday.

Ellen Degeners
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, February 28, 2007  -  12:32 AM Reply with quote
The real danger lies not in what terrorism inflicts but what it provokes

Martin Amis
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 8, 2007  -  5:14 AM Reply with quote
The Almighty Allah judges you neither by
your countenance nor your wealth, but by
the purity of your hearts and your deeds.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Hurairah
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 8, 2007  -  1:22 PM Reply with quote
thank you for the thought provoking messages you keep sending dear dr waseem. may god bless your time 'n efforts. i'm hoping ourselves 'n our members make the best out of it.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 10, 2007  -  4:45 AM Reply with quote
Guidance of the Day:
Sometimes love may be difficult to recognize because it has a different manner of revealing itself to and through each person. To expect others to love in the same way you do at the moment is unrealistic and even foolish. Only you are you. Only you can respond to love, can give love, and can feel love as you do. The adventure lies in the discovery of love in yourself and in others. The excitement comes from understanding what love is, rather than what you insist it must be.

One of the most difficult concepts to grasp is that love lives in the present moment. Unfortunately, most of us are either struck in yesterday or anxiously waiting for tomorrow. We have lost sight of the present moment. We must remember that life is a process, not the goal. Life is all about striving to get there and enjoying the journey, not simply the arrival. In life and love, there is only that moment, the now. The only reality we know is what we experience this very second. Reality is not what has passed or what has yet to come into being. Grabbing hold of this simple idea makes life magical because it brings love alive. This understanding does not mean, however, that we should strive to live for the moment. It does mean that we should strive to live in the moment, which is very difficult. [Handbook for the Heart]
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 10, 2007  -  4:47 AM Reply with quote
Food for Thought:
Perseverance often comes through strong will. There is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our own inherent weakness of purpose. Consider the postage stamp, it secures success through its ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 10, 2007  -  4:50 AM Reply with quote
Do not be misled by your egos, or you will be led away from the truth and into lies. [Hadith Qudsi]

The men of elite are only distinguished from normal men by the battle they wage against their individual soul. [Ahmad ibn Ajiba]
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 10, 2007  -  5:16 AM Reply with quote
Love is like a bell that's always ringing. All you have to do is listen. And the more you listen, the more you see opportunities to show love to others. Wouldn't it be nice to make life and love one and the same? To use everything as another opportunity to be loving?

It can be done. Life and love can be one. When you are loving people, you bring out the love within them. You may not see it every time, but the love you give gets passed along. It makes a chain that can transform the very nature of the world.

In life and in love, there is only that moment, the now. The only reality we know is what we experience this very second. Reality is not what has passed or what has yet to come into being. Grabbing hold of this simple idea makes life magical because it brings love alive. [Handbook for the Heart]
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 10, 2007  -  5:19 AM Reply with quote
This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. One who desires to excel should endeavor in those things that are in themselves most excellent. Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 10, 2007  -  5:24 AM Reply with quote
We never destroyed a population that did not have its warners to remind; and We have never been unjust. [26: 208,209]

The praise of people renders one blind and deaf to truth. [Daylami]

Put aside your pride, set down your arrogance and remember your grave. [Ali radi Allah anhu
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  6:08 AM Reply with quote
feared being alone

Until I learned to like Myself.

I feared failure

Until I realized that I only Fail when I don't try.

I feared success

Until I realized that I had to try in order to be happy with myself.

I feared people's opinions

Until I learned that people would have opinions about me anyway.

I feared rejection

Until I learned to have faith in myself.

I feared pain

Until I learned that it's necessary for growth.

I feared the truth

Until I saw the ugliness in lies.

I feared life

Until I experienced its beauty .

I feared death

Until I realized that it's not an end, but a beginning.

I feared my destiny,

Until I realized that I had the power to change my life.

I feared hate

Until I saw that it was nothing more than ignorance.

I feared love

Until it touched my heart, making the darkness fade into endless sunny days.

I feared ridicule

Until I learned how to laugh at myself.

I feared growing old

Until I realized that I gained wisdom every day.

I feared the future

Until I realized that Life just kept getting better.

I feared the past

Until I realized that It could no longer hurt me.

I feared the dark

Until I saw the beauty of the starlight.

I feared the light

Until I learned that the Truth would give me Strength.

I feared change,

Until I saw that even the most beautiful butterfly had to undergo a Metamorphosis before it could fly.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 12, 2007  -  1:31 PM Reply with quote
its amazing how close all goodness is to what one's innate guidance and revelations from the creator hv to say...
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, March 20, 2007  -  7:35 AM Reply with quote
Faith without deeds is dead, just exactly in the same way that deeds without faith are dead.

Belief is not enough - even the demons believe, after all
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 20, 2007  -  12:43 PM Reply with quote
One day Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it. He asked the Bedouin, "Why don't you tie down your camel?" The Bedouin answered, "I placed my trust in Allah." At that, the Prophet, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "Tie your camel and place your trust in Allah" - Tirmidhi
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 20, 2007  -  1:12 PM Reply with quote
Very nice. A good lesson for us, and our cricket team :)
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 21, 2007  -  6:56 AM Reply with quote
We cannot change until we believe in our abilities, until we trust in ourselves. But trust alone is not alone. We must also work at it. We cannot simply will our lives to be filled with love. No, we must do the willing and the filling. The overweight person who yearns for a beautiful physique cannot lose weight and develop muscles by desire alone. So it is with love. The desire for love is important, but only through action can love manifest itself. Love is a verb, an action word. If we want to love, we must move toward love by reaching out to others in love. Love is energy, and love is motion.

Give away your love, freely and without expectation. Give it away, and soon your life will be filled with love, and you will have set others on the path of love and peace. The measure of our lives and the influence that we have on the world and one another is determined by the degree of love and openness in our hearts, it is the basic criterion to evaluate ourselves and our actions. It is a real test, one of the greatest challenges, to remain in balance and in a "loving space" despite the vast differences. If we don't keep our hearts open, even to those people whose actions we oppose, we become part of the problem.

Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening. No man ever prayed heartily without learning something. Prayer is a confession of one's own unworthiness and weakness. Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon man.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 4 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker