1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 9 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, June 30, 2007  -  1:33 PM Reply with quote
Make sure yours cups has a coffee made through the ingredians as God discribe, and not a coffee made through one's own desired ingredians to suit his own taste.That is what important to me.

Good luck

Edited by: usmani790 on Saturday, June 30, 2007 1:37 PM
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, July 13, 2007  -  11:37 AM Reply with quote
In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of your students...?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied. "Before you tell me, I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Test of Three."

"Test of Three?"

"That's correct," Socrates continued. "Before you talk to me about my student let's take a moment to test what you're going to say. The first test is Truth. Are you absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man replied, "actually I just heard about it."

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second test, the test of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.

Socrates continued, "You may still pass though because there is a third test - the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really..."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?"

The man was defeated and ashamed and said no more. This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 14, 2007  -  10:15 AM Reply with quote
Socrates: Do you think that a State, or an army, or a band of robbers and thieves, or any other gang of evildoers could act at all if they injured one another?

Thrasymachus: No, indeed, they could not.

Socrates: But if they abstained from injuring one another, then they might act together better?

Thrasymachus: Yes.

Socrates: And this is because injustice creates divisions and hatreds and fighting, and justice imparts harmony and friendship; is not that true, Thrasymachus?

Thrasymachus: I agree.

Socrates: I should like to know also whether injustice, having this tendency to arouse hatred, wherever existing, among slaves or among freemen, will not make them hate one another and set them at variance and render them incapable of common action?

Thrasymachus: Certainly.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, July 17, 2007  -  5:06 AM Reply with quote
Wisdom is not the amassing of knowledge. Wisdom is truth lived. From this day on, begin to foster a belief that you were born for a reason, and although you may not have yet discovered the specifics of that reason, you are being prepared to fulfill it in every moment. In general terms, you know that your essential purpose is to grow, change, develop, and become the-best-version-of-yourself. It is this process of growth that makes life interesting, exciting, rewarding, and fulfilling. Dedication to this process of growth is greatness. Greatness should never be confused with fame, fortune, status, or power. These are only passing illusions. Greatness is to become more fully aware of your self with each passing day.

A chance for greatness awaits you----your chance at greatness----and it will involve unique and providential blend of your needs, talents, and desires. The pursuit of your chance at greatness will reveal you to your family, friends, colleagues, spouse, children, and everyone who crosses your path. It is the attuning of your personality. Life is a revelation of self. Life is an unfolding story. Your life is your story. Life is a gift to you and for you----and yet, in a paradoxical but complimentary way, it is also your chance to serve your neighbor, to touch and enrich the lives of others, and to make a difference in this sometimes weary world. This is the mystery of God----to lead you toward your perfection and fulfillment, while at the same time using your journey to lead others toward their perfection and fulfillment. [Kelly, The Rhythm of Life]

Wise Quote of the Day:
It is in giving that we receive
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
It is in surrendering that we are born a new
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, July 17, 2007  -  5:08 AM Reply with quote
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. Nothing is more powerful than habit. Character is simply habit long enough continued. Good habits which bring our lower passions and appetites under automatic control, leave our natures free to explore the larger experiences of life.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, July 17, 2007  -  5:10 AM Reply with quote
When you squeeze an orange you get orange juice because that's what's inside. The very same principle is true about you. When someone squeezes you------puts pressure on you-------what comes out is what's inside. And if you don't like what's inside you can change it by changing your thoughts.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, July 26, 2007  -  8:38 PM Reply with quote
Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.
Author: Marabel Morgan
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, July 26, 2007  -  8:39 PM Reply with quote
If you put your whole trust in God, as you ought, He most certainly will give you sustenance, as He doth the birds; they come out hungry in the morning, but return full to their nests.
drhennataimoor

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, July 29, 2007  -  10:40 PM Reply with quote
A professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it.
He held it up for all to see; asked the students,' How much do you think this glass weighs?'
'50gms!' .... '100gms!' .....'125gms' ......the students answered.
'I really don't know unless I weigh it,' said the professor,'but, my question is: What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?'
'Nothing' the students said.
'Ok what would happen if I held it up like this for an hour? ' the professor asked.
'Your arm would begin to ache' said one of the students.
'You're right, now what would happen if I held it for a day?'
'Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress; paralysis;
Have to go to hospital for sure!'ventured another student; all the students laughed.
'Very good. But during all this, did the weight of the glass change? ' asked
The professor. 'No' the students said.
Then what caused the arm ache & the muscle stress?'
The students were puzzled.
'Put the glass down!' said one of the students.
'Exactly!' said the professor.' Life's problems are something like this.
Hold it for a few minutes in your head; they seem OK.
Think of them for a long time & they begin to ache. Hold it even longer & they begin to paralyze you. You will not be able to do anything.
It's important to think of the challenges (problems) in your life, but
EVEN MORE IMPORTANT to 'put them down' at the end of every day before you go to sleep.
That way, you are not stressed, you wake up every day fresh & strong & can handle any issue, any challenge that comes your way!'
Remember to 'PUT THE GLASS DOWN TODAY!
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Monday, July 30, 2007  -  4:23 PM Reply with quote
Our Deen (Qura'n and the Sunnah) has much more wisdom than you are trying to display here.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, July 30, 2007  -  7:38 PM Reply with quote
wisdom is a believers 'lost property' he/she grab it wherever they find it--so don't moan D; try to make the most out of it
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, July 31, 2007  -  6:17 PM Reply with quote
Brother Dalmir, we must remember that we are discussing Islam in this discussion forum. We must first practically apply the ethos of our religion on ourselves.

I have never disagreed with the wisdom present in Qur'an and sunnah. I am a firm believer. Respected brother in Islam, there is no compulsion for anyone who does not want to read or agree with a quote from a non muslim source. I humbly request that we must however not try to enforce our opinions and views on others. If the moderaters will tell me that it is against the COC I will stop straight away.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, July 31, 2007  -  6:20 PM Reply with quote
When you look at the sea from a distance, the water nearest to the beach is muddy in colour, next the sea appears greenish blue, and when we look further the sea appears dark blue. It is the same water and sea, however the deapth of the sea and what is underneath it transforms its colour. May Allah give all of us the wisdom to appreciate the opportunity, responsibility we carry, and the essance of time.
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, August 1, 2007  -  4:22 PM Reply with quote
quote:

If the moderaters will tell me that it is against the COC I will stop straight away.

The moderators have the problem of being biased. Solid proofs are present at this site. Let me know, if you needs the full solid proofs. You will be provided the links carrying the proofs. If they are not biased, then there is no problem at all.

If the moderators have deleted the same reply, it is enough for them to be escaping this claim.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, August 2, 2007  -  10:33 AM Reply with quote
The moderators have been appointed to carry out the responsibility of looking after the site according to the COC. If you have an issue, I would e-mail the web site and put forward your views and issues.

We must abide by the COC.I do not have an issue with the moderators and I feel they are doing a good job.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, August 2, 2007  -  10:56 AM Reply with quote
"You are rich"

"My grandmother used to call me and my grandchildren "rich". It wasn't until she passed away that this statement really made sense to me, until then it had always just been a phrase she used. I then realized the full impact of what "rich" meant. I am extremely "rich", my wealth being my family, my children and friends that surround me and the happiness and contentment that I feel within my life. I look at young children and see them as "rich", they seem to "shine", it is very easy to lose this shine as we get older and are influenced by others beliefs and opinions. We should never believe that anyone knows us better than ourselves in order to keep the shine as we age. We must follow our dreams and achieve our ambitions."

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 9 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker