Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Saturday, December 2, 2006  -  9:50 AM Reply with quote
'Not complimenting wife is the problem'

(hv taken from www.maniacmuslim.com, a site made by muslims--

"Sometimes I can’t help but wonder how certain things get said on the minbar. Sure we might get nervous and pull some major freudian slips (I had a friend who committed shirk in a khutbah by saying “Please guide us to the straight path, O Lords of the World”) but other things sound like the khateeb actually PLANNED on saying it. The following list are either true or slightly exaggerated accounts of actual things said on the minbaar. I’m not crazy enough to make this up.

"Tales from the minbar")

'Not complimenting wife is the problem'

Sometimes the khateeb will put his ah, macking skills to good use by explaining how increasing the love between a husband and wife for Allah (SWT)’s pleasure is a good thing. But sometimes the advice is just stupid.

“Wallahi sometimes I wonder why Muslim brothers never compliment their wives. You should ALWAYS compliment your wife. You should buy her gifts and tell her ‘Wallahi habibty, when I saw this dress at the store window I thought it was the ugliest dress ever made. But when I bought the dress and put it in you it became the most beautiful dress in the world.’ If you compliment your wife like this everyday Wallahi your love will never expire.

The khateeb remains single to this day.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker