Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Wednesday, December 27, 2006  -  2:33 AM Reply with quote
happy events/coexist

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(incidentally this year Hajj (eid ul adha) falls alongside Christmas and Hanuka; hope everyone has great times-in worship as well as harmony)

pic. original idea: Piotr Mlodozeniec (2001) -silkscreen poster Jewish Museum Jerusalem

We tend to display the dates of various Religious Festivals celebrated all over the world- on this forum, over the year.
with ref from www.shap.org and with thanks to a local Religious Centre in Berkshire, UK. ps under the thread 'Religious Festivals'

Edited by: hkhan on Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:17 AM
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 27, 2006  -  10:51 AM Reply with quote
Salaam Henna

Hope all is well since we last spoke. I am sorry i have not been able to get back to you. The event mentioned, for raisng funds for muslim orphans, is on 7.01.07 in Sheffield (Park Hotel-same venue where we held the fund raising event for the earthquake victims) around mid day and is organised by Islamic relief, will include Lunch and entertainment will be provided by Shaam. Tickets are £15 per seat & can be obtained contacting 07973353525 (Jamal-who is co-ordinating this).
However if you or any your friends wish to come then get in touch with myself. If you can come it will be great to catch up again. My salaam to the rest of the family.

I forgot to mention: Wonder how long before someone condemns you for organising these interfaith meetings (Unislamic and all that)
regards
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 29, 2006  -  12:32 AM Reply with quote
many thnx j.k. dear dr sb. this info shud be helpful to our local members who i hope wud try 'n attend. besides charity wud be a good opportunity to meet as well.

yes v.rightly indicated although i must say so far hvn't come across any resistance in particular; except that one of a colleague muslim drs was worried that i'm probably being dragged by the idea of 'converting' people whereas we shud concentrate on teaching our muslim brs and srs first

i really do wish that this misunderstanding about muslims not only within non muslims but also within our muslim community shud be cleared; which unfortunately has become a stigma for us today due to this sort of approach by quite a reasonable no. of our ancestors in the past century i.e. the approach of 'dawah to convert'

whilst we went thru the comments recvd from the communtiy members in the 'faith junction' project, only yesterday i asked david sparrow (team leader of faith junction project) that what was his opinion re: the existence of this misunderstanding about muslims in britain, who are somehow involved in preaching/educational work and he admitted that this is a general impression 'n threat about muslims that they are out there to convert people.
i therefore feel that we do need to talk to eachother within the communities to present our goals more clearly which are nothing but an honest and love based effort to share everything good with eachother.
it is quite happily acceptable to everyone that one can share an excitement about a sunny day here by just mentioning to eachother about it, be it on a till at a fuel station or a corner shop-although everyone can see the bright sun; but why would it be unacceptable to discuss or share education for the benefit of humanity.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker