<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, January 14, 2007  -  5:18 PM Reply with quote
What is this Khimar (if some Muslims translate it of their own choice) which NEITHER covers the head NOR the bosoms but Allah is commanding to cover the bosoms with it?
So, Is Khimar something like DHOTI (for women) like worn by Hindu Sadhu Sanths and the Pandats?

EXPLAIN IT?

Edited by: Rakhtal on Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:21 PM
oosman

USA
Posted - Sunday, January 14, 2007  -  5:22 PM Reply with quote
We have been through this a thousand times!

I will simply quote your own words:

quote:

but Allah is commanding to cover the bosoms with it?

That is Allah's command, to cover the chest with it. If you want to add more to it, then that is your interpreation, but it is not the WORD OF GOD - it is your word.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, January 14, 2007  -  5:24 PM Reply with quote
YOUR EXPLANATION IS WRONG!!!

Edited by: Rakhtal on Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:26 PM
Abinzain

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Monday, January 15, 2007  -  11:32 AM Reply with quote
you can cover as much as you like nida but please do not use the name of islam to say that it is required to cover hair, face, head etc. Already too many innovations have crept into islam, let us not add more.

Ask the believing ladies to lower their gaze and cover their private parts and do not reveal their Zeenat (ornaments) save that which are [worn on body parts that] are normally revealed. (24:31)

When Allah (SWT) says what is normally revealed is ok to show, then the interpretation is left up to us and it depends on the culture, place and time of the society. This is a mercy from Allah, and that is how this religion Islam is a universal religion for all times and all peoples. But only people of understanding can get that. I hope Allah makes us one of those people of understanding.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The exhibited dishonesty is obvious by showing the verse [24.31] incomplete and leaving its last part deliberately.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, January 15, 2007  -  1:39 PM Reply with quote
Quote: Your Explanation is Wrong!

we suggest members did not use such expressions of arrogance and rude gestures. plz accept eachothers' opinions with open minds and hearts, because none is forced to follow any. i'm sure none of us is here, niether has time,for'munaazra bazi' which sadly already many sects of our religion are involved with-- and studying islam encourages knowlwdge and evidence based exchange of arguements whilst keeping eachothers' respect and dignity; because Allah's hand remains on such a gathering but His curse comes to those who cannot be patient, tolerant and united. inspite of minor defferences, we all still call ourselves 'people of faith' how can we give our stance peacefully to other faiths if we can't tolerate eachother even

plz continue the healthy exchange of views as studying islam aims to provide such intellectual space- in order to understand and learn.

as to the initiators of such topics, i guess it always pays well to initiate a controversial topic like this atleast it attracts more discussion and lots of hits--keeping everyone busy same topic has been initiated at various places with different titles and sometimes by the same users; whereas we hv been giving links to the detailed replies on our siter site www.understanding-islam.org and best to discuss it on the course forums 'islamic customs & etiquettes' in order to understand the stance fully, rather than for the sake of arguementation only.

Edited by: hkhan on Monday, January 15, 2007 1:56 PM
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, January 15, 2007  -  5:41 PM Reply with quote
My very respected sister Nida salam

Deen ilam aur amal key tawazan ka naam hey. I respect your views and on some points disagree with them. However I do not feel that I have a right to say you are wrong and I am right. Allah knows best. We must learn to debate in manners taht are appropriate.we need to disagree in manners that are in accordance with teh ettiquetes of the beloved religion we are discussing.or else we will win an argument and loose the battle.

I do not expect everyone to agree with me.However the understanding islam web site has over 1500 registered members. To say "I don't think anyone would refer to it" would perhaps not be correct.

I respect your knowledge and your enthuisasm and quest for knowledge and long may it continue. But my dear sister in islam, religion teaches us to control our emotions , in particular our negative emotions. We must always be weary of the other persons feelings too, when we reply.

The proof is in the pudding.let my pen, in this case keyboard and typing do the talking and then Allah knows best.

Sister If I have offended you or transgressed the bounderies of my religion I apologise
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, January 16, 2007  -  11:54 AM Reply with quote
respected sister

May Allah guide us to the Truth. May Allah show us the right path. May Allah help us to learn and practice our religion in its true essence. May Allah give us an opportunity to serve our religion.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, January 17, 2007  -  5:35 AM Reply with quote
If there is a need of a surgery to be carried out in our body so do we see a person who is not even a doctor and claim that he could do it or we see a surgeon for that.

Surely we all see a surgeon to carryout the needed surgery which require in our body for a proper cure.Not just this but we made sure that this surgeon must be the best and for that we take advises from our friends and from many people who belong to the same profession.

For the following of deen if we are not taking these precautions which more essential than the surgery and knowingly or unknowingly following our desires,then I am afraid our prayers won't worked.

People here used to qoute the verse that Allah asked us to use our eyes,ears and heart.Why we forget to follow these commandments of Allah here.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, January 17, 2007  -  12:39 PM Reply with quote
As I see it we all agree that surgery is required, but we differ in our choice of surgeon.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 18, 2007  -  5:00 AM Reply with quote
I wrote:-Not just this but we made sure that this surgeon must be the best and for that we take advises from our friends and from many people who belong to the same profession.

If we doing this as well then its good.We also have to carefull that the sugery must be carried out by the surgeon himself and not by his assistants.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, January 23, 2007  -  12:09 PM Reply with quote
assalamu alaykumAs we are in the process of sorting out our Forums section, excessively long posts are being sent back to our honored posters in order to summarize and resend with the Link or to send to our Articles section for review and uploading.
Many thanks. j.k.

Edited by: hkhan on Sunday, January 28, 2007 11:44 PM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, January 29, 2007  -  6:09 AM Reply with quote
quote:

assalamu alaykumAs we are in the process of sorting out our Forums section, excessively long posts are being sent back to our honored posters in order to summarize and resend with the Link or to send to our Articles section for review and uploading.
Many thanks. j.k.

Edited by: hkhan on Sunday, January 28, 2007 11:44 PM

I welcome this idea.

I dont need to send my edited post again because link for the same is already posted in one of my previous response in this thread.
wassalam
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, October 13, 2023  -  10:27 PM Reply with quote
السلام عليكم
I left this forum many years ago, and had requested the admins/managers to delete all my posts.
Since they have conveniently ignored my request, I advise the readers to ignore my posts, and I openly retract from anything I said that was against the Qur'aan, Sunnah or way of the salaf.
I also free myself from this website, for its 'aqeedah and manhaj is not what the salaf were upon.

Learn true Islaam instead of wasting your time listening to people's opinions on forums.

www.tawhidfirst.com (English)

www.imamdarimi.com (Urdu)

(Posted by member, Nida_e_Khair)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker