Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
student1

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Tuesday, January 16, 2007  -  8:05 AM Reply with quote
Difference between West and Muslims

It is true that West is far ahead of us in science and technology and claims to be the most civilized society in the world but still they have the senselessness and ignorance that I havent seen in any nation.

Recently a disease by the name "e.coli" spreaded in USA causing many people to get admitted into hospitals and do u know how this disease has spreaded?
The farmers were encouraged to feed their cows and goats with meat(going against their natural diet) and which caused these animals to have this disease.
When the meat of these cows and goats were supplied in the market, offcourse the consumers of these meat will definitely acquire this disease and many people have become ill.

Don't u think that still the Western Society instead of being ahead in Science and Technology is still ignorant and senseless?

How can a herbivorus animal consume meat and don't they know that they are going against the natural diet of that animal?

If we human beings instead of consuming meat or vegetables ,start eating mud, sand and stones dont u think it will damage our digestive system and cause diseases?
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, January 16, 2007  -  10:00 AM Reply with quote
Salam brother. Firstly. the disease you are referring to is called mad cow disease also known as Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy. This is not caused by e.coli.

Secondly! we seem to have a very negative image of West. West is miles ahaed of the East or the Islamic block in all fields. This is on merit. They work hard, they are sincere and honest generally and are just and fair mostly. Reserach, new inventions and technology is their domain at present. We need to look at the whole picture without bias.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, January 16, 2007  -  11:39 AM Reply with quote
What you have said for the west is correct.They are the main beneficiary of their hard work and research. Muslim also must have to follow same path of hard work and research just for their own benefit and for the whole humanity at large.

Coming back on the west again we are being the muslims must not forget that these people of west and their representative are killing muslims in many places of the world just like the animals without having any good reason.Because they have power today and we muslims are weak.

There was a time when muslim were powerful but they didn’t behave like them with the weak Nations of that time.

I don't wish to start a debate here, If some one want compare them with muslims, must not forget this angle as well.This is what the most important aspects as an human being while talking about the blocks and Nations.

O you men! surely We have created you of a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may know each other; surely the most honorable of you with Allah is the one among you most careful (of his duty); surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.
(Al-Hujraat, Chapter #49, Verse #13)
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, January 16, 2007  -  11:50 AM Reply with quote
Salam brother Usmani

I would like to ask your views on two issues.

Firstly! Is the unnecessary killing only done by the west. Are the muslims not indulging in similar activities, and most importantly in the name of religion.

2. Do we feel that the condition of muslims as an ummah is not down in a major way to our actions and our ignoring the ethos of our religion. Do we not feel that Allah is using the current situation to punish us for our wrong doings. Despite money, talent and opportunity, there is not a single islamic country that can profess to represent a true islamic picture. Muslims make up over a billion of the world's population, but in Palestine, Iraq, muslims are killing other non muslims on the basis of shia -sunni divide. In Pakistan, what is the state of human rights, justice, regulations and law. The Qur'an is full of stories of other ummah's, who ignored Allah's commandments and thus brought Allah's wrath on themselves.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, January 16, 2007  -  1:32 PM Reply with quote
I totally agreed with waseem.Our religious clergy needs to reassess understanding of Islam.
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said " A time will come , you will be greater in numbers but your character will be nothing".
May Allah give us right path.
oosman

USA
Posted - Wednesday, January 17, 2007  -  1:37 AM Reply with quote
I am shocked at the ignorance of some Muslims.

e.coli did not start by feeding animal meat to farm animals. e.coli was started when animal waste got mixed with irrigation water that was going to spinach and other vegetable patches.

how are muslims going to progress any where when they live in such ignorance and have a blind hatred for the positive achievements and contributions to humanity of the west?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, January 17, 2007  -  9:44 AM Reply with quote
Walaykum Salam Brother Waseem

Quote:-Firstly! Is the unnecessary killing only done by the west. Are the muslims not indulging in similar activities, and most importantly in the name of religion.

No Muslims are not killing in the name of religion to non Muslims.These are reaction of west austerities all over the world against Muslims and the Israel's austerities agaisnt the Palestine and Lebanon.Since Muslims Nations are not have enough power to respond to the West and Israel so the individuals in the shape of different group are responding to it.I am not the supporter of Muslims reaction if it is against the civilians of the enemy .While the States of the West and Israel doing it accoding to a plan to occupy the land and wealth of Muslims and for the political gains.

Quote:-. Do we feel that the condition of muslims as an ummah is not down in a major way to our actions and our ignoring the ethos of our religion. Do we not feel that Allah is using the current situation to punish us for our wrong doings.

You are right Allah is not happy with us.The ignorance of Muslims from religion is very visible today.We suppose to be the role model for others but very few people are up to this requirement of deen.

Quote:- Despite money, talent and opportunity, there is not a single islamic country that can profess to represent a true islamic picture.

Malaysia is good.

Edited by: usmani790 on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:49 AM
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, January 17, 2007  -  12:37 PM Reply with quote
But there is only one Malaysia.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, January 24, 2007  -  3:02 PM Reply with quote
quote:

The ignorance of Muslims from religion is very visible today.
Are you sure this is the reason for our backwardness?

Please read the following excerpts from an article by By: Dr Farrukh Saleem an Islamabad-based freelance columnist.
    There are 57 member-countries of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC), and all of them put together have around 500 universities; one university for every three million Muslims.

The United States has 5,758 universities and India has 8,407. In 2004, Shanghai Jiao Tong University compiled an 'Academic Ranking of World Universities', and intriguingly, not one university from Muslim-majority states was in the top-500.

As per data collected by the UNDP, literacy in the Christian world stands at nearly 90 per cent and 15 Christian-majority states have a literacy rate of 100 per cent.

A Muslim-majority state, as a sharp contrast, has an average literacy rate of around 40 per cent and there is no Muslim-majority state with a literacy rate o100 per cent.

Some 98 per cent of the 'literates' in the Christian world had completed primary school, while less than 50 per cent of the 'literates' in the Muslim world did the same.

Around 40 per cent of the 'literates' in the Christian world attended university while no more than two per cent of the 'literates' in the Muslim world did the same.

Muslim-majority countries have 230 scientists per one million Muslims.The US has 4,000 scientists per million and Japan has 5,000 per million. In the entire Arab world, the total number of full-time researchers is 35,000 and there are only 50technicians per one million Arabs (in the Christian world there are up to 1,000 technicians per one million).

Furthermore, the Muslim world spends 0.2 per cent of its GDP on research and development, while the Christian world spends around five per cent of its GDP.

student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, January 24, 2007  -  6:38 PM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum,

I agree with you all and thank you for your great views, actually what i have mentioned about e.coli is something that i heard from a famous writer "Corey" who is a Phd and lives in USA, he criticises west alot and maybe he is right because he is living over there for 47 years.

I'll confirm this information about e.coli from him but i agree with you all that they are far ahead of us in Science and Technology.

Now you see that Saudia Arab which is the father of Muslim Countries and which has lot of wealth ,we havn't seen even a single Univ in Saudia Arab that could compete with the standard of Western Universities.
Have you heard any Saudi Private Organization working and doing research on the diseases like "Cancer" and "Aids". But I see some Western Medical Associations doing research on these deadly dangerous diseases especially Canadian Cancer Society which has been labelled as one of the best cancer societies in the world.

I donot see any creative work from Muslim World, what muslims are interested in is criticising West and not concentrating on their own deads.

you might have seen Islamic Banking being promoted around the Muslim World but did muslims had any awareness about Islamic banking before the Westerns did research on it in Harvard University in 2001? Muslims knew nothing about Islamic Banking but now because Westerns have done research on it and they are implementing it in their own region, so as usual muslims have to follow their footsteps.

If in the future, Westerns introduce Islamic Science, then muslims around the world will be promoting Islamic Science.

Muslims have lost their senses and donot have their own decision making power which is a great shame.

Regards,
oosman

USA
Posted - Wednesday, January 24, 2007  -  7:44 PM Reply with quote
islamic banking is just hogwash, it is regular banking dubbed as islamic - instead of calling it interest, they call it rent or lease payment, or something else.

from my understanding, mortgage is allowed, as the prophet is said to have mortgaged his armor to a jew to borrow something. any transaction that is similar should be ok, no matter what you call it. and allah knows best
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  2:30 AM Reply with quote
Dear Student-1. from Pakistan,

Wa Alaikum Assalam w.r.w.b.

In your first post you have criticized the West in the following words.

quote:

Don't u think that still the Western Society instead of being ahead in Science and Technology is still ignorant and senseless?

And in your second post you say,
quote:

what muslims are interested in is criticising West and not concentrating on their own deads.

You are commenting on your own character?

and you have said,

quote:

I donot see any creative work from Muslim World,

This is like someone who sees a huge multi storeyd public building under construction and says 'I dont see the Government doing any constructive work' because s/he saw only the laborers and their supervisors at the site.'
quote:

Have you heard any Saudi Private Organization working and doing research on the diseases like "Cancer" and "Aids".

Again let me make it clear that a scientist cannot accomplish this alone. He needs the financial and moral support which comes only from these rich Islamic countries.
masoodahmed

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  4:31 AM Reply with quote
today the west is going to snatch the rights of muslims like in Afghanistan and Iraq,it is true that they done a graet work in field of reaserch and techonolgy but for Muslims , they are very narrow minded and not ready to give the Muslims to their rights even than human rights .
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  3:57 AM Reply with quote
quote:

today the west is going to snatch the rights of muslims like in Afghanistan and Iraq,it is true that they done a graet work in field of reaserch and techonolgy but for Muslims , they are very narrow minded and not ready to give the Muslims to their rights even than human rights .
Let us take stock of our own problems first before we start blaming others for our problems.

In today's Muslim world, unfortunately we find a number of examples that show little value for the life of an ordinary Muslim. The dignity of a human being or the rights of men and women are lamenting tales of the past, the principals of which we read in either the Quran or the authentic sayings of the Prophet .

In our recent history, one can come up with several examples where Muslims have perpetrated violent crimes against fellow Muslims. What happened during the reign of Saddam Hussein in Iraq is well known. What happened in Iran during Shah Reza's regime is not hidden. How many Muslims were killed in Iraq-Iran war? No one even remembers. How many Palestinians were killed by the Jordanian or Lebanese army, no one dares to talk about. How many peaceful citizens were hanged to death in Egypt or slaughtered in Syria, Libya and Sudan by those claiming to be Muslims? No one wants to know.

Some sixty percent of the Muslim world's populations live below the poverty line, experiencing humiliation and deprivation every day. Few among Muslims are willing to talk about this. Some 300,000 Muslim girls are abducted and sold in markets all over the world as sex slaves and no one talks about it. About 53 percent Muslims all over the world are illiterate and most regimes are only concerned about improving their own financial stockpiles.

Muslims must admit that our leaders and masses have failed to preserve the dignity of human beings in societies where they are in majority. We have neglected the poor, the needy, the disadvantaged and the deprived. We have de-valued the life of those who are within our camps. Shia-Sunni killing and ethnic strife all over the Muslim world speak volumes of the discord among Muslims and their frailer to adhere to the Quranic principals of peace and justice.

Our intellectuals have failed us. Our religious leadership has failed us and our political leaders have pushed us into an abyss of humiliation and shame.

We must admit that before we can move forward. Our recovery from the debacle in which we are quarantined would not come through our anti-west slogans or through our anti-Israeli rhetoric. It will come when we will seriously think and work for the dignity of each and every human that is relegated to a status of non entity. We have to develop an agenda that will establish the God given rights and dignity to all women, laborers, the poor and marginalized people in all Muslim societies. We have to develop an agenda that will see other human beings regardless of their religious background as a beautiful creation of the divine deserving the same dignity that we seek for ourselves.

Through this agenda of human dignity, we have to stand for every human life and defend its right to live at peace with itself and others. Without that, we would never be able to live up to the ideals that Prophet Muhammad set for his followers. Without that, we would not be able to submit to the Divine who defines Himself as the most Merciful and most Gracious.
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IC0701-3215
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  6:40 AM Reply with quote
My quote:The ignorance of Muslims from religion is very visible today.

Yours comments:-Are you sure this is the reason for our backwardness?

I never said this brother, I am surprised where did you got it from?You need to carefull in future for judging people like that.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  10:09 AM Reply with quote
quote:

My quote:The ignorance of Muslims from religion is very visible today.

Yours comments:-Are you sure this is the reason for our backwardness?

I never said this brother, I am surprised where did you got it from?You need to carefull in future for judging people like that.

quote:

Quote:-. Do we feel that the condition of muslims as an ummah is not down in a major way to our actions and our ignoring the ethos of our religion. Do we not feel that Allah is using the current situation to punish us for our wrong doings.

You are right Allah is not happy with us.The ignorance of Muslims from religion is very visible today.We suppose to be the role model for others but very few people are up to this requirement of deen.

Does this ring any bell?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker