21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next page >>
Page 13 of 29

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, March 15, 2007  -  4:25 AM Reply with quote
You are further proving what I have said that you never ponder.As unthy Tuqleed is not good so do the unthy opposition my friend.
Traveller

SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO
Posted - Sunday, March 18, 2007  -  5:26 PM Reply with quote
As salamu alaykum. Everything that will bring us closer to Allah we have be informed of by our Rasul, sallallahu alayhi wasallam, every evil and falsehood that will lead us to the fire we have be warned about by our Rasul, sallallahu alayhi wasallam.

Rather than talking about tasuwwuf, let us divert our attention to tazkiyah.

I recommend this lecture The Meaning and Ways of Tazkiyah by Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi

http://audioislam.com//audio/identity/taqwa/the_meaning_and_ways_of_tazkiyah.mp3
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 19, 2007  -  11:34 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-Rather than talking about tasuwwuf, let us divert our attention to tazkiyah.

Tasawwuf is a name of a system where the people teach you through the explanation of Prophet(pbih) how to do tazkiyah.It is same like if some one wish to study Islam,so he has to study the arabic,then the detail understanding of Quran,hadith,fiqa and so on.To study this one has to go the Darul uloome,Islamic univercities and so on.

For the practicle applications of knowledge of religion,one has to learn them as well and Tasawwuf is providing this facility.I hope it will be clear to you now.If you have any question,please feel free to ask them.

Regards,

Usmani
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, March 19, 2007  -  4:43 PM Reply with quote
quote:

If you have any question,please feel free to ask them...Usmani
Before we ask any more questions brother Usmani would do well to answer several of the questions he has escaped answering including the following:

quote:

raushan UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Posted - Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 10:15 AM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 19, 2007  -  9:04 PM Reply with quote
plz carry on your interesting conversation. just a reminder vide infra:

Islam teaches to get closer to Him by following His messenger pbuh as Himself has said in Qur'an that oh Muhammad sws if they say they love God, they have to follow you(3:31) Qur'an insists on the purification of one's intelligence, physical self and spiritual self in order to find god and not by 'rehbaniat' , cutting off from the facts of a living life or by wondering in the jungles--as comes from the ideology of sufism.

the theory of tasawwuf is to get close to god by grasping His personality which is strictly denied by Qur'an ; i.e. even when one of the most greatest personalities i.e. the prophet of god, moses/musa pbuh wished to have a vision of Him He warned him, that you would not be able to bear my site-hence moses fainted even though just a light from god shone on the mountain.

Qur'an stresses on strenghthening of the relationship with god by one and most important virtue of islam i.e. tazkyah of one's soul /purification of the soul which is an ongoing struggle for the life time the aim being the attainment of the state of 'nafs e mutmainnah' /'the satisfied soul' ready to meet his/her Lord.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 20, 2007  -  4:48 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-Before we ask any more questions brother Usmani would do well to answer several of the questions he has escaped answering including the following:

You did not ask questions but you only wish prove Tasawwuf wrong.You only playing blame game here.Carry on doing this,no daubt its hearts me but I can not stop you.

I find Tasawwuf is the right choice for people to follow it.I am following it and my intention to bring this subject here so the friends here could also gets some benefits of it.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 20, 2007  -  7:10 AM Reply with quote
Quote:- the theory of tasawwuf is to get close to god by grasping His personality which is strictly denied by Qur'an

I already clarified this point earlier. Please deal with what is given to you and stop repeating yourself. Repeating yourself will not make your assertions any more true. Your objection has no “truth in it” that I noted.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, March 20, 2007  -  4:55 PM Reply with quote

usmani790 PAKISTAN Posted - Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:48 AM

quote:

.........You did not ask questions

.....You only playing blame game here.....

I copy and paste here some of the direct questions which you have avoided.
and now you in your sufiyana andaaz say that I never asked questions?

1. raushan UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Posted - Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 10:15 AM:

quote:

brother usmani,I will really appreciate if you breifly difine "Wahdat-ul-Wujud" and "Wahdat-ul-Shuhud".

2. imran776 Moderator UNITED KINGDOM Posted - Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 2:12 PM :

quote:

Brother Usmani,

Thanks for the definition of Wahdat-al-wajood. Now what I need is the evidence of this in the light of Quran.

Aboosait INDIA Posted - Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 6:25 AM:

quote:

Then why dont you take the solution to your mutual dispute from it rather than spamming the pages with unnecessary arguments.

Aboosait INDIA Posted Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:55 AM:

quote:

What do you say about this Sufi? Do you consider these Sufi thoughts to be anywhere near Isalm?

quote:
In 1923, Sufi Inayat Khan developed a multi-faith worship service that acknowledges and pays homage to the expressions of divine truth as they are revealed through all religions. This inspiring service, called the Universal Worship, honors the “unity of religious ideals,” and is celebrated on various occasions in both a formal ritual version as well as in a more informal style. The Universal Worship provides a powerful symbolic enactment of inter-religious unity and mutual gratitude in a world fractured by divisions and suspicion.

In the same peacemaking spirit of bearing witness to the unity of religious ideals, members of the Sufi Way seek to express inter-religious respect by visiting, praying, learning, and making friends in all places of worship of all faiths, wherever we are welcome.

http://www.sufiway.org/universal_worship.php

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 21, 2007  -  6:39 AM Reply with quote
Dear Abusait,

As brother raushan ask me to defind "Wahdat-ul-Wujud" and "Wahdat-ul-Shuhud". I already said in the forum I have very little knowledge about it and that was the reason I tried to find the explanation of some else who knows it.I have posted here the definition explained by Maulana Zafar Ahmad Usmani earlier and I thought it is very well explained.

Brother Imran ask me the evidence so I posted another reflection of a brother where he said the following.

Quote:-One verse (even one word or one letter) has different meanings on different layers. They are all true and consistent on that layer. Each one gets into the level of understanding according to his creation. This is Allah's mercy and wisdom.

I am not any way backing it neither opposing it, rather trying to learn more about it.

As far as some times I did not reply to your self, so I only intent not to engage in unnecessary arguments and keep away from the actual subject of the this forum.I am sorry for that.

Regards,
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, March 22, 2007  -  2:17 AM Reply with quote
Dear Usmani,

Please explain your statement with proof from the Qur'an and Hadith.

quote:

Each one gets into the level of understanding according to his creation.

Please clarify as to what exactly the it refers to in the following statement.

quote:

I am not any way backing it neither opposing it, rather trying to learn more about it.

Why do you feel sorry for deliberately refusing to answer my question again?

Now read the fatwa of

Imam Abu Bakr at Tartushi (d. 520 A.H.)

Imam Abu Bakr at-Tartushi rahimahu Allah was asked:

what does our sayed al-faqih say about the madhhab of the sufiyyah? and know .. that a group of men gather, then they do a lot of dhikr of Allah Ta'la, and dhikr of Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, then they hit with a cane/staff on a leather (which someone told me that it means drum - correct me if I am wrong), and some of them dance and practice ecstasy until he falls unconciuous, and they bring something they eat.
Is it allowed to attend with them or not? ..
The answer: -May Allah have mercy on you - madhhab of sufis is idleness, ignorance and deviance, and Islam is only the book of Allah and the Sunnah of His messenger, but dancing and ecstasy
the first ones to innovate it are the companions of the samiri, when he made them a calf, they started to dance around it, and practice ecstasy, so it is the religion of the disbelievers and the worshipers of the calf.
As for the cane\staff, the first ones to do it were the zanadiqa (disbelievers) to keep the Muslims busy\away from the book of Allah, the messenger of Allah and his companions would sit and as if birds were on their heads from composure\calmness.
It is a must that the sultan (ruler) stop them from attending in the masjids and other places, and it is not permissable for anyone who believes in Allah and the last day to attend with them or help them in their falsehood, this is the madhhab of Malik, Abu Hanifah, ash-Shafi'i, and Ahmad bin Hanbal and other Imams of the Muslims..

usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, March 22, 2007  -  8:04 AM Reply with quote
Dear Abusait

a) common sense principle: If one makes an outrageous claim, or claims a specific fact that requires the use of an authority, then a reference is demanded.

b) If someone makes a general statement that some find to be in error, then the best possible solution is to show why the claim is wrong.

c) If someone make an outrageous claim, or a specific reference about a fact that usually cannot be derived by common knowledge (ex: when an authority is needed), then a reference is on order.

Your "unrealistic" demand is a sign of more of your chicanery given you have not even presented own solid argument to dispute any of my claims or conclusions.

As far as Fatwa is,this is not applied on some one who is following the Tasawwuf within the prameter set by Quran and Sunnah.Don't forget that the great personalaties of the Islamic history has followed it.

Regards,
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 22, 2007  -  3:00 PM Reply with quote
usmani:I already clarified this point earlier. Please deal with what is given to you and stop repeating yourself. Repeating yourself will not make your assertions any more true. Your objection has no “truth in it” that I noted.

i wish you all understood quick enough saving us from repetition carry on anyway. insh'allah where there is a will there is a way...hopefully you will find the Truth wen you look for it.

indeed studying islam is generous enough mash'Allah to allow space for everyone to express themselves, but none must expect that he/she would not be contradicted or presented with the facts that studying islam promotes itself. you are welcome to continue providing your evidence in support of your opinion but not to tell others that they are wrong and continue healthy exchange of views in this secure environment insh'Allah;

wat is stops us from accepting that islam is in practical efforts, not wishful thinking and emotional nitty grittys.. as included in tasawwuf
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 23, 2007  -  6:11 PM Reply with quote
Sister Hena wrote: insh'allah where there is a will there is a way...hopefully you will find the Truth wen you look for it.

I thought I am looking for the truth,but any way I will try to double check the things coming on my way.May be our criteria to judge them are different,any way thanks for your good wishes and that’s really matters me a lot.

Quote:-wat is stops us from accepting that islam is in practical efforts, not wishful thinking and emotional nitty grittys.. as included in tasawwuf.

I may do wishful thinking but not Imam Gazali,Hasan Basari,and many others of past niether Taqi Usmani sahib and Maudoodi Sahib of current times.And top of that didn't you seen the ahadith I have quoted here?Please atleast see the article which link you can find in my very first post of this forum.I don't think that you are more qualified to decide about the Tasawwuf than these great people.

Regards,
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 24, 2007  -  2:04 AM Reply with quote
Q: I may do wishful thinking but not Imam Gazali,Hasan Basari,and many others of past niether Taqi Usmani sahib and Maudoodi Sahib of current times.

many regards to all these scholars you named and others who are and will come in future; however the word of Qur'an takes authority over all --and so do the teachings of the beloved sws
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 24, 2007  -  4:39 AM Reply with quote
I Just wanted to know whats stoping you to Quote the Quran if you thought Quran stops to follow Tasawwuf.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 26, 2007  -  10:55 AM Reply with quote
thnx for the comments and interest shown by our participants.

hv quoted the relevant incident from Moses's /prophet musa's chronicles in Qur'an (pbuh) hammad pbuh if you love god.
in the life history of muhammad sws we cannot find any but the practical efforts trying to practice the best of conduct and behaviour whilst dealing with the people around him, be it family members, colleagues, relatives, friends, enemies, other leaders; life of Muhammad sws /pbuh is full of such endeavours; the time he spent in hira was to ponder on his state in life, his reason to come into this world, the aim of life; once he got the guidance in the form of the last revelation, the Qur'an, he left no stone unturned to practice its teachings;

what are we waiting for when we wish to follow tasawwuf and get isolated in places away from people? we alreadt hv the Qur'an; what we need to ponder upon is htere already now--and Practice is what awaits us every precious moment of this fast ending delicate thread of life...

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next page >>
Page 13 of 29

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker