Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 19, 2007  -  11:02 AM Reply with quote
Salaam Usmani

quote:

Your understanding of religion does not match from the Quran

I did not realise that you were the world expert in Quran! Even assuming you are (although from what I have read from yourself, my impression from you writing is that your knowldge at best is poor and understanding non existent but that is only my opinion) rather than making vague statemnts would you care to be rather specific.
What you may be getting confused is that my understnading of religion does not match with your prejudices (which have nothing to do with the quran)

quote:

You can not interprate a verse without looking into the context of that verse and overall message Quran gives

& Exactly what are you talking about

quote:

Like this you will only mislead yours self and others.

You obviousouly consider yourself on the right path. Thank you for your concern but I am quite capable of deciding my own path (& I am sure others can decide for themself) as for you I suppose your self selected scholars have told you that you are on the right path.

Regards
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, April 19, 2007  -  6:17 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

How you define good deeds?

Boy you sure have some serious issues!

Here are very basic examples see if we can get there:
(1) Giving to charity without wanting to appear kind or generous-good deed....agreed?

(2) Stealing from a poor old lady....not a good deed.

I am sure most on this site will be able to give you million more examples..enough for starters.

What a non boy's defintion is!!
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, April 19, 2007  -  6:22 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Dear prev.1,

Your understanding of religion does not match from the Quran.

Correct!
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 19, 2007  -  11:38 PM Reply with quote
quote:

& then

Here are very basic examples see if we can get there:
(1) Giving to charity without wanting to appear kind or generous-good deed....agreed?

I am sure most on this site will be able to give you million more examples..enough for starters.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

What a non boy's defintion is!!

How about your definition?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, April 20, 2007  -  3:54 AM Reply with quote
Walaikum Salam Perv.1

Sir I have mentioned the interpretation of Maulana Maudoodi sahib on top of what I have said regarding the verse.Tafheem-ul-Quran(the Tafseer of Quran by Maudoodi sahib) is considered the one of the best tafseer of Quran in the sub-continent.

Regards,
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, April 20, 2007  -  4:36 AM Reply with quote
Good deeds according to Quran.(From Tafheen-ul-Quran)

(103:3) except those who believed and did good works, and exhorted one another to Truth, and exhorted one another to patience.

After Faith the second quality required to save man from loss is to perform righteous deeds (salihalt) Salihat comprehends all kinds of virtuous and good deeds. However, according to the Qur'an, no act can be a good act unless it is based on Faith and it is performed in obedience to the guidance given by Allah and His Messenger. That is why in the Qur'an exhortation to perform good deeds is preceded everywhere by Faith, and in this Surah too it has been mentioned after the Faith. Nowhere in the Qur'an has a deed without Faith been called a good deed, nor any reward promised for a deed performed without Faith. On the contrary, this also is a fact that only that Faith is reliable and beneficial, the sincerity of which is proved by man's own act and deed, otherwise Faith without righteous deeds would be a false claim refuted by the man himself when in spite of this claim he follows a way opposed to the way taught by Allah and His Messenger. The relationship between Faith and righteous deed is of the seed and the tree Unless the seed is sown in the soil no tree can grow out of it. But if the seed is in the soil and no tree is growing out of it, it would mean that the seed is lost in the soil. On this very basis whatever good news has been given in the Qur'an, has been given to the people who believe and do good deeds, and the same has been reiterated in this Surah. What man requires to do after the Faith in order to remain secure from loss is to perform righteous deeds. In other words, mere Faith without righteous deeds cannot save man from loss.

http://www.tafheem.net/main.html
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, April 20, 2007  -  12:35 PM Reply with quote
Salaam Usmani

I agree with your quote from Mahdoodi. As Muslim I completely agree that faith & good deeds are imperative. My simple examples of good deed was purely in respone to someone who appeared to have difficulty in understanding what constitutes a good deed.
I am sure you will agree that there might be some grey areas as to what might be considered a good deed. However overall most humans would concurr as to what is a good deed regardless of thier religious beliefs.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, April 20, 2007  -  1:58 PM Reply with quote
Walaikum Salam Perv.1

Yes I am totally agreed here.
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Friday, April 20, 2007  -  5:19 PM Reply with quote
quote:

(2) Stealing from a POOR old lady....not a good deed.

So, Stealing from a RICH old lady....is a good deed (or not a bad deed).
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, April 20, 2007  -  11:41 PM Reply with quote
quote:

So, Stealing from a RICH old lady....is a good deed (or not a bad deed).

Poor old lady was deliberately written so as confused soles who do not know what a good or bad deed is will not start being pedantic about it might be acceptable to steal from the rich.
You obviousouly do not know what a good or bad deed is.
Let me make it even more simple for you. Everyone I know considers stealing a bad deed (regardless who from). You obviousouly do not know whether it is a good deed or not. I am afraid I cannot teach you about moral values, over the net. How about you ask your parents to teach you about good and bad deeds, believe me they will be very helpful when you grow up.
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, April 21, 2007  -  5:25 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Poor old lady was deliberately written........... it might be acceptable to steal from the rich.

Don't try to beat about the bush, if you are deliberately hiding your mistakes and totally incapable of answering.

Edited by: Dalmir on Sunday, April 22, 2007 4:34 AM
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, April 21, 2007  -  11:56 PM Reply with quote
Let us go back to the beginning.

quote:

Which means that you do not know what a good deed is. So again I suggest you ask your parents to start teaching you.

My simple examples:
quote:

So you obviousouly have issues with poor old lady.

Hence I subsequently added that all stealing is bad (I am quite to accept this correction) regardless whether from rich, old, young etc.

Now can you simply tell us whether you you still cannot understand what good deed may or may not be. Because the Quran is quite clear that you must do good deeds( your quote above).
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, April 22, 2007  -  4:33 AM Reply with quote
Don't try to beat about the bush, if you are deliberately hiding your mistakes and totally incapable of answering.
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, April 22, 2007  -  5:08 PM Reply with quote
Regarding the good deeds why some people do not understand the question rather try to ignore for they do not know? Suppose, if someone asks, what is water and others ignore it just because man is familiar with water since birth, it is then absurd. Why they don’t say water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen?

Coming back to the good deeds, some people call some deed good while other say not good but bad.
Here are few examples.

1) Some people say giving money to a beggar is a good deed while others say it is bad deed.
2) Some people say killing a snake is a good deed while others say it is bad deed.
3) Some people say fighting against the enemies of Islam is a good deed while others say it is bad deed.

There are millions of such examples.

Now define good deed like water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen not any water like thing is water (Would you like to drink any liquid like water?). If you do not know what are hydrogen and oxygen then ask you parents.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, April 22, 2007  -  9:29 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Coming back to the good deeds, some people call some deed good while other say not good but bad.
Here are few examples.

1) Some people say giving money to a beggar is a good deed while others say it is bad deed.
2) Some people say killing a snake is a good deed while others say it is bad deed.
3) Some people say fighting against the enemies of Islam is a good deed while others say it is bad deed.

There are millions of such examples.

You are beginning to make some sense. Shame you did not bother to read what I wrote or perhaps did not full understand, so here it is again:

quote:

I am sure you will agree that there might be some grey areas as to what might be considered a good deed. However overall most humans would concurr as to what is a good deed regardless of thier religious beliefs

quote:

Now define good deed like water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen not any water like thing is water (Would you like to drink any liquid like water?).

For your information here is my quote again:

quote:

Just to clarify further chairty for orphans in a country without any welfare provision. In my opinion no ambguity a good deed indeed. PERHAPS YOU ARE NOT SURE?

quote:

If you do not know what are hydrogen and oxygen then ask you parents.

V. Long time since A Level chemistry but still can recall a little bit-perhaps not as well you.

Copying is the sincereset form of flattery
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, April 23, 2007  -  2:49 AM Reply with quote
quote:

....Long time since A Level chemistry but still can recall a little bit-perhaps not as well you......Copying is the sincereset form of flattery....

What has your present discussion to do under heading "The Place of Tasawwuf in Traditional Islam"?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next page >>
Page 16 of 29

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker