Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, February 4, 2007  -  7:59 AM Reply with quote
importance and purpose of religion

would be grateful for views of all my learned friends as to what they feel is the purpose of the religion and on a personel basis how does having a faith or religion is important to them
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, February 22, 2007  -  9:01 PM Reply with quote
This is the view of Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi

According to religion, the purpose of our lives is to please God; which leads us to Paradise. To attain this we need to develop purification. This encompasses positive enhancement and moulding of the good in our soul, and purification and purging of the bad. The purpose of religion is to help us attain purification; both in our individual and collective lives. In the Qur'an, God states, successful is he, who has cleansed himself (87:14).
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, February 22, 2007  -  9:04 PM Reply with quote
in my very limited knowledge and humble opinion, on a personel level, I would say religion highlights two essentials for me Balance and limits. Balance between relationships, responsibilities and obligations, religion and the worldly responsibilities. Limits; it makes one aware in everything we do, seek, desire and want, it demarcates bounderies and limits. Thus in a broad sense it does provide a discipline and direction to life.

Another important aspect of religion is accountability. Perhaps people who are strong character wise and morally it may not matter. For a weak person like me the constant reminder of someone watching a bit like big brother is important in trying to stay on the right path.

One other point is that if we exclude religion and look at society. Human beings have felt the need for rules and regulations. we have them in every aspect of our lives. We do not say we are civilised and muture, thus we do not need speed limits or traffic police. I feel bounderies, limits are essential. Religion gives us basis for such guidelines for individuals society and spiritually

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker