AuthorTopic
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, February 22, 2007  -  6:13 AM Reply with quote
Dajjal Interpretations

Salam All ,

Yesterday i read a topic regarding Dajjal :
http://www.geocities.com/sunrisinginwest/dajjal.html
Please elaborate correct interpretation of Dajjal in the light of Quran & Sunnah.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, February 23, 2007  -  6:11 AM Reply with quote
Please do reply . It is very important topic because various illogical interpretations are famous in our society.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, February 24, 2007  -  7:10 PM Reply with quote
Srom UI web site

Most of the concepts that you have referred to are based on narratives ascribed to the Prophet (pbuh) - i.e. Hadith - except for the information that at the end of the time, the world will be under the hold of Gog and Magog, which is given in the Qur'an (Al-Anbiaa 21: 96).

As for Dajjal, also mentioned in some narratives ascribed to the Prophet (pbuh), it seems to be a metaphorical allusion to the fact that before the end of time, the world shall be ruled by people, who would not only be interested only in the pleasures of the life of this world and blinded from the success of the Hereafter, but would also betray people into working only for the pleasures of this life and ignoring the success of the Hereafter. This seems to be the implication of the one-eyed Dajjal. Dajjal, it should be remembered, is an attributive noun implying 'the great betrayer'.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 25, 2007  -  7:22 AM Reply with quote
From Understanding Islam web site

The main argument regarding the return of Imam Mehdi and Hazrat Isa (pbuh) is that their return is mentioned in the Hadith (narratives ascribed to the Prophet) literature. There is, however, no such indication in the Quran. There are a few Ahadith in Bukhari and Muslim, which foretell the advent of Imam Mehdi and Hazrat Isa (pbuh) a little before the end of the world. That is the only argument in favor of this concept.

As far as its opposition is concerned, there are a couple of arguments, which are presented against this idea. The main argument against the advent of Imam Mehdi is that none of the Ahadith, which informs about his coming have reached us through reliable sources. There is, however, no mention of his return in the Qur'an and therefore, the advent of Imam Mehdi cannot be termed as a part of the Islamic faith or considered as an element of the Islamic beliefs.

As far as belief in the Second Advent of the Christ is concerned, some questions need to be thoroughly answered before such belief could be established. Firstly, why does the Mu'ata by Imam Malik -- a book of Ahadith, which was compiled before Bukhari and Muslim -- does not contain any such hadith. Secondly, why does the Qur'an not mention that it is necessary to believe in the second advent of Hazrat Isa (pbuh). In fact, the Qur'an has not even mentioned anything to imply the second advent of Hazrat Isa (pbuh) at all. Lastly, had there been anything like the return of Hazrat Isa (pbuh), there were numerous occasions in the Qur'an, which would have been suitable for its mention. For example the passages which are in denial of Hazrat Isa`s (pbuh) crucifixion and the ones in which a dialogue, which shall take place between Allah and Hazrat Isa (pbuh) in the hereafter is quoted. It is actually quite interesting that the Qur'an has summarized the whole life of the Christ, some events that took place after his death and some of the events that will take place regarding the Christ in the hereafter at two separate instances and yet there is no reference to any Second Advent in either of these verses.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 25, 2007  -  7:31 AM Reply with quote
related to the topic from Understanding-Islam web site

It would not be prudent to draw any ideas regarding the nearness or farness in time from our limited standards of measuring time. God, according to the Qur'an, makes His decisions with His abounding mercy, encompassing knowledge, absolute wisdom and pure justice, on the basis of His own standards of time.

It is indeed true that the cessation of the institute of prophethood implies the nearness of the Final Day, yet what exactly is implied by nearness is not something which we can plot on a measurable scale of time.

My dear brother, we do not know, from our limited point of reference, how near the Day of Judgment may have drawn to us. Nevertheless, we do know that each passing moment is taking us closer to our respective deaths. This may be last night that I will get to sleep on the mattress of my bed; this may be the last question I will be allowed to answer; this may be the last breath of fresh air that I will be allowed to inhale. We are all going toward a destiny that we can neither avoid nor even postpone. Our death, as no one can doubt is always close by. Thus, from an individual's perspective, the Day of Judgment is only as far away from him as his death. For as soon as he dies, his sense of the passing time ends and, thus, he is only moments away from the Day of Resurrection and Judgment.

In my opinion, therefore, the Day of Judgment may actually be tens of thousands of years away. Yet, however, for me it is only as far away as my death - which is always close by.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, February 27, 2007  -  10:45 AM Reply with quote
Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "No prophet was sent but that he warned his followers against the one-eyed liar (Ad-Dajjal). Beware! He is blind in one eye, and your Lord is not so, and there will be written between his (Ad-Dajjal's) eyes (the word) Kafir (i.e., disbeliever)." (This Hadith is also quoted by Abu Huraira and Ibn 'Abbas). (Sahi Bukhari Book #88, Hadith #245)

It not just muslims but gew also waiting for him.
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, February 27, 2007  -  11:20 AM Reply with quote
In light of this Hadith, is 'Ad-Dajjal' a symbolic reference to some kind of evil, or is it a prediction of an actual personality?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, February 27, 2007  -  11:55 AM Reply with quote
It is a prediction of an actual personality.I think no learned person who have seen the ahadith in this context would ever say that the "Dajjal" is just a symbolic refernce.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker