Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, February 23, 2007  -  6:13 AM Reply with quote
Pharoh's body-suarh Younus verse 92

"This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!"

According to Moudoodi

" Even today that place can be identified in Sina on its Western coast, where the body of the Pharoh was found floating. It is called Jabal i Firaoon and there is a warm water spring called hammam i Firaoon. The location of these is is a few miles north of Abu Zanmiyah and the local inhabitants specifically point to the place where the body of the Pharoh was found.

There is a mumified body of a Pharoh in the Museum of Cairo. It is uncertain if this is the same Pharoh who came against Moses pbuh.

In 1907 Sir Grafton Elliot Smith, when opened the mumified remains of this Pharoh, his body was covered with a layer of salt, that suggested that he had died by drowning in salt water.

According to Islahi

As the second reminder of Allah's revenge the body of the Pharoh was not accepted by the sea but as a stark reminder was thrown out. His body was later seen by people with their own eyes and his ultimate end. Egyptians had the tradition to mumify the bodies . Mumfied remains of a Pharoh are preserved in the Cairo museum. Though the opinion of the experts is divided whether he is the Pharoh or another Pharoh, but for me(Islahi) in contrast to the opinion of these novices the saying of the Qur'an 1400 years ago is more reliable.(i.e Islahi believes that the mumfied remains are those of the Pharoh that came against Moses pbuh)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker