Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
michaelfinton

USA
Topic initiated on Sunday, March 18, 2007  -  5:21 PM Reply with quote
Important Questions

As-salaamu alaikum,
I had a question that I wanted to raise, and I thought that the scholars at Zaytuna could answer it. Many times we see the christian right put themselves out on the line standing up for morality in an increasingly immoral society. We, as Muslims, when it comes to family values and morality, are on the same page that they are; how come ISNA, CAIR, the MSAs, and others don't stand side by side with them?
Wouldn't that first of all make it known that we are in total agreement with the christians when it comes to this? Secondly, it is good for Dawah, and would put the preachers, who at the present time, seem to hate us, on the defensive. They would, it seems to me, have to change strategies after this.
They would realize the value of this, and would be more likely to garner our support in the future. This in turn, would make them more likely to come to our masjids and see what we are really all about. They would also be more likely to speak a little higher of us as a whole to their "flocks" in future sunday sermons.
This means that they would be doing the role of dawah on their own, and clarifying misconceptions in their own communities. They couldn't exactly continue to talk badly about us if we were helping them right?
And these are issues that we care about as an ummah. Why do we let them take all of the heat when we want God brought back into the schools and daily life as well? We are against abortion, and we also feel that immorality is immorality, and that doesn't change with the weather; it is that way because Allah said so. Period.
Lastly, it would show the American public the true face of Islam, and be fulfilling an obligation on us to "enjoin the right and forbid the wrong". The public perception of Islam and Muslims would start to change on the grass roots level, and in turn would-insha Allah-affect the media, and government.
Insha Allah, get back to me with any thoughts about this, and if it makes any sense whatsoever how to go about actually doing it. As the edge that others have had over us was always P.R.
Salaam Alaikum,
Michael Finton
Talib Islam
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Monday, March 19, 2007  -  4:48 AM Reply with quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_right

Support for the presence of religion in the public sphere and the official activities thereof, often supported by the claim that the United States was "founded by Christians as a Christian Nation"

Middle-eastern foreign policy positions (attributable to beliefs about biblical prophecy or to inter-religious conflict)

Support for the war in Iraq

Strong political support for Israel

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker