AuthorTopic
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, April 19, 2007  -  5:22 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Dalmir
LIVE
(1) You live in India
(2) India v Pakistan will be live on television.

Learn few basic facts about languages regardless of Arabic, English Hindi etc.

I advised you, perv 1, for the same rather you are........

Edited by: Dalmir on Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:26 PM
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 19, 2007  -  11:44 PM Reply with quote
quote:

perv 1, Plz learn first Arabic then try to comment. same word has different meanings at different sites.

Did you not mean that a word cannot have two different meanings? Or perhaps you can explain again what you meant.

Dalmir
LIVE
(1) You live in India
(2) India v Pakistan will be live on television.

Learn few basic facts about languages regardless of Arabic, English Hindi etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

I advised you, perv 1, for the same rather you are........

let me see you said same word cannot have different meaning. i tried the simplest word (so even you may undertand) and your reply that you had advised me the same. Suggest you read it all again.
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Friday, April 20, 2007  -  5:15 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Suggest you read it all again.

Rather I suggest you to read my all comments again.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, April 21, 2007  -  12:01 AM Reply with quote
Dlmir let us try in a numbered fashion to see if we can have some logic to our discussio

(1) Initially you were sceptical of different meaning of one word Daraba in different translations... Yes or No.

(2) When i gave you another meaning you then asked me to learn Arabic because I gave different meaning of the same word. Here is your quote if you need a reminder
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
perv 1, Plz learn first Arabic then try to comment. same word has different meanings at different sites.
(3) I then mentioned to you the word Live (very simple indeed) which has differnt meaning depending in which context it is used....but you gave a bizzare answer.

Would you care to clarify exactly what is your point in this discussion?
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, April 21, 2007  -  5:40 PM Reply with quote
It would be clarfied if you see my all the mails in this forum.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, April 22, 2007  -  12:17 AM Reply with quote
Dalmir you started in this topic with

quote:

Every other translation use meaning of ‘Daraba’ here to ‘BEAT’. Pickthal means to ‘SCOURGE’.

If you mean or interpret otherwise then, it is absurd, whimful and wishful.

Then for good measure you added this on 2 ocassions:

Every translation use meaning of ‘Daraba’ here to ‘BEAT’. Pickthal means to ‘SCOURGE’.

quote:

So, we do not agree with you, hkhan!

Then you added this:

quote:

Which to to an ordinay person like me sugests that you are clear that you do not think that a same word cannot have differnt meanings. Hence the word Live.
You may be of hyper intelligence and mean something which is different.
Therefore as you appear to suggest that read your posts again means that you did not mean that one word can only have one meaning. So if you dont think a word can only have one meaning. What exactly was the point you were trying to make (I have read your posts on this topic-but not the entire forum).
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, April 22, 2007  -  10:00 AM Reply with quote
perv 1,

Don't try to be overconfident and beat anout the bush. You are well WRONG!!

For the people like you, their mind, what it has the stuff (very poor), is the ultimate. They see no plausible survival payoffs for the things like rumors, self-consciousness, and occult in-ornate language, indeed all of their selfish art. While they may be going overboard a little they list storytelling, gossip etc among the useless aspects of their mind. They have a fund of emotional energy which is not all occupied with their self-preservation. This surplus seeks its outlet in the creation of their art built upon its surplus nothing else. But the surplus based wrong acts constitute their religion, alas!

Even for animals, it is necessary to give expression to the feelings of pleasure and displeasure, fear, anger and love. In animals, these emotional expressions have gone little beyond their bounds of usefulness. But in men, though they have the roots in their original purposes (which they like you people lack and have spread their branches...)

Of course, it is all a waste, but what proves that your fitness more than if you are able to waste precious resources on such trivia?
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, April 22, 2007  -  3:36 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Every translation use meaning of ‘Daraba’ here to ‘BEAT’. Pickthal means to ‘SCOURGE’.
So, we do not agree with you, raushan!

salam,
Below is the translation and notes by Muhammad Asad :

4:34 MEN SHALL take full care of women with the bounties which God has bestowed more abundantly on the former than on the latter, [42] and with what they may spend out of their possessions. And the right­eous women are the truly devout ones, who guard the intimacy which God has [ordained to be] guar­ded. [43] And as for those women whose ill-will [44] you have reason to fear, admonish them [first]; then leave them alone in bed; then beat them; [45] and if thereupon they pay you heed, do not seek to harm them. Behold, God is indeed most high, great!

Note 45 (Quran Ref: 4:34 )
It is evident from many authentic Traditions that the Prophet himself intensely detested the idea of beating one's wife, and said on more than one occasion, "Could any of you beat his wife as he would beat a slave, and then lie with her in the evening?" (Bukhari and Muslim). According to another Tradition, he forbade the beating of any woman with the words, "Never beat God's handmaidens" (Abu Da’ud, Nasa’i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Ibn Hibban and Hakim, on the authority of Iyas ibn ‘Abd Allah; Ibn Hibban, on the authority of ‘Abd Allah ibn ‘Abbas; and Bayhaqi, on the authority of Umm Kulthum). When the above Qur’an-verse authorizing the beating of a refractory wife was revealed, the Prophet is reported to have said: "I wanted one thing, but God has willed another thing - and what God has willed must be best" (see Manar V, 74). With all this, he stipulated in his sermon on the occasion of the Farewell Pilgrimage, shortly before his death, that beating should be resorted to only if the wife "has become guilty, in an obvious manner, of immoral conduct", and that it should be done "in such a way as not to cause pain (ghayr mubarrih)"; authentic Traditions to this effect are found in Muslim, Tirmidhi, Abu Da'ud, Nasa'i and Ibn Majah. On the basis of these Traditions, all the authorities stress that this "beating", if resorted to at all, should be more or less symbolic - "with a toothbrush, or some such thing" (Tabari, quoting the views of scholars of the earliest times), or even "with a folded handkerchief" (Razi); and some of the greatest Muslim scholars (e.g., Ash-Shafi’i) are of the opinion that it is just barely permissible, and should preferably be avoided: and they justify this opinion by the Prophet's personal feelings with regard to this problem.(Quran Ref: 4:34 )

I invite you to comment on it.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, April 22, 2007  -  8:53 PM Reply with quote
quote:

This surplus seeks its outlet in the creation of their art built upon its surplus nothing else. But the surplus based wrong acts constitute their religion, alas!

If you wish to have a meaningful discussion suggest sticking to the topic in the thread.
What constitutes any individual(s) religion is not what your initial point was about(you can start this as another thread).
Anger, pleasure, surplus of intellectual energy are words you have thrown randomly to try to confuse the issue just because you could not see your point through to any form of conclusion. If you have no desire to discuss the point that you yourself raised then that is fine.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, May 14, 2007  -  3:37 PM Reply with quote
Nowhere in the framework of Islam are we told that women must wash, clean or cook for men. As for how Muslim men are allowed to beat their wives -- it's simply not true. Critics of Islam will quote random Koranic verses or hadith, but usually out of context. If a man does raise a finger against his wife, he is not allowed to leave a mark on her body, which is the Koran's way of saying, "Don't beat your wife, stupid."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/20/AR2006102001259_2.html
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, May 18, 2007  -  12:47 AM Reply with quote
and wives shud not also beat husbands plz specially the ones who are 'black belts' 'white belts' , and have other such skills
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 20, 2007  -  12:18 PM Reply with quote
quote:Every translation use meaning of ‘Daraba’ here to ‘BEAT’. Pickthal means to ‘SCOURGE’.

we ought to come out of this close-mindedness and adapt a more open and educational attitude whilst reading and understanding the revelations.
only this morning during routine study, as i read through surah anfal(8),once again came across verse 60 where god has commanded to keep resources prepared and available for defence-the arabic word used is 'ribat il khail' ready,tied up horses- today tanks, jets n such are used instead. wud we still insist on keeping horses for the purpose because this is what Qur'an has said literally

but because here it will be a matter of 'maar khana' (to be beaten up/phainti -so we wud happily accept this interpretation of meaning and switch-over to all modern equipments of war available

however as it comes to 'maarna' and dealing with our physically weaker spouse (in most cases ), we would therefore insist on the literal meaning of 'daraba' as beating--we must honestly ask our concience that who is being wishful and whimful here...
uhmelas

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, May 20, 2007  -  1:31 PM Reply with quote
quote:

which is the Koran's way of saying,"Don't beat your wife, stupid."

Could you quote the Quranic verse which says"Don't beat your wife, stupid."
uhmelas

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, May 20, 2007  -  1:40 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:Every translation use meaning of ‘Daraba’ here to ‘BEAT’. Pickthal means to ‘SCOURGE’.

we ought to come out of this close-mindedness and adapt a more open and educational attitude whilst reading and understanding the revelations.
only this morning during routine study, as i read through surah anfal(8),once again came across verse 60 where god has commanded to keep resources prepared and available for defence-the arabic word used is 'ribat il khail' ready,tied up horses- today tanks, jets n such are used instead. wud we still insist on keeping horses for the purpose because this is what Qur'an has said literally

but because here it will be a matter of 'maar khana' (to be beaten up/phainti -so we wud happily accept this interpretation of meaning and switch-over to all modern equipments of war available

however as it comes to 'maarna' and dealing with our physically weaker spouse (in most cases ), we would therefore insist on the literal meaning of 'daraba' as beating--we must honestly ask our concience that who is being wishful and whimful here...

It is an absurd explnation!
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, May 20, 2007  -  5:02 PM Reply with quote
quote:

only this morning during routine study, as i read through surah anfal(8),once again came across verse 60 where god has commanded to keep resources prepared and available for defence-the arabic word used is 'ribat il khail' ready,tied up horses- today tanks, jets n such are used instead. wud we still insist on keeping horses for the purpose because this is what Qur'an has said literally.

Are you tying to say that in these modern days wives must be beaten with the handle of the pistol/gun or some modern weapon.?? If so then, of course, your approach is close-minded and un-educational.
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, May 20, 2007  -  5:03 PM Reply with quote
quote:

only this morning during routine study, as i read through surah anfal(8),once again came across verse 60 where god has commanded to keep resources prepared and available for defence-the arabic word used is 'ribat il khail' ready,tied up horses- today tanks, jets n such are used instead. wud we still insist on keeping horses for the purpose because this is what Qur'an has said literally.

Are you tying to say that in these modern days wives must be beaten with the handle of the pistol/gun or some modern weapon.?? If so then, of course, your approach is close-minded and un-educational.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Next page >>
Page 2 of 8

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker