Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
student1

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, May 14, 2007  -  8:27 AM Reply with quote
are we heading in the right direction?

Asalam Aalaikum,

Dear Brothers,

I had some important questions to discuss, my question is that are we muslims as a nation moving in the right direction?

My friend has just arrived from Toronto, Canada and he has done his IBBA(International Bacholars of Business Administration) from York University and after coming to Pakistan he passed negative comments against our country.

He said that Pakistan seems more spoiled than the people of West and where ever he went ,he couldnot find even a single book shop around the city Karachi whereas in Canada especially in the main large city Toronto, there are many bookshops and public liberaries.

I am pretty sure that this is also the case in other Muslim Countries like Saudia, Oman, UAE excluding Malaysia and Indonesia where i have heard that education and knowledge is prevalent.

Do you think that muslim countries especially our country Pakistan is in the right direction? We see lot of foreign resturants and franchises opening up in Pakistan and fashion shows are taking off. I saw a recently a magazine and i was surprized to see the kind of dressing Pakistani models were wearing. Do you think that these models will raise the reputation of Islam and Pakistan in foreign and European Countries?
Is this what Western Countries expect from our people?

Please note that i am not criticising the entire country, i know there are some great intellectuals and sensible people in Pakistan but generally we see things are going wrong here.

Take a look at a fountain installed at Clifton area of Karachi, more than 1 corer rupees was spent on it,my question is that what profit or benefit is the government or people geting from it? Has any European or tourist ever praised that fountain or took its pictures?
Don't you think that instead of spending 1 corer on this fountain, if the government of Pakistan would have spend this amount on improving the education system of Sindh Province or spent it to establish a University of International Standard than i am pretty sure that it would have been an investment because the students studying from the University would be an asset for the country.
When students graduate from a University and if there is employment for them, they work in your country and serve your country as a better muslims.

Or don't you think that this money would have been spent on LUMS or Zabist University inorder to raise its standard even further?

India spends more of its budget on education than pakistan.

What do you guys think?
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 14, 2007  -  8:31 AM Reply with quote
Don't you think brothers that tourism is a fuel to your economy and if our government would have spend this amount on tourism then definitely it would have attracted more domestic and international tourists bringing revenue in the country.

May Allah put our country in the right direction and make our country the learning centre of Islam and wordly knowledge.

Jazak Allah
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, May 16, 2007  -  9:20 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Do you think that muslim countries especially our country Pakistan is in the right direction? We see lot of foreign resturants and franchises opening up in Pakistan and fashion shows are taking off. I saw a recently a magazine and i was surprized to see the kind of dressing Pakistani models were wearing. Do you think that these models will raise the reputation of Islam and Pakistan in foreign and European Countries?

The best part of west is their attitude about themselves.They themselves keep a reason-basaed-check on all their activities.They have institutions who tell them what is going wrong in the name of development.plz read THIS REPORT and see if any institution in your country have to say similar to this.
We copy from west .Its good to copy and learn unless its harmful.
dont you wonder why cant we copy hollywood making sci fictions,documentaries?cant we ,we cant.Do we have upto the mark sound technicians,cameramen,and concerned talents ,compulsary to make a standard piece of artwork?
Its always easy to show the body as the models mentioned in your post do but its hard to show the contours of their cerebrum.
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, May 16, 2007  -  8:25 PM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum,

Dear Brother,

So you agree with me, well no doubt the atitude of the west is pretty good and there are other qualities in them that i havent seen in other people, like tolerance, curiosity to learn new ,different and exciting things and open mindedness.
unfortunately our society lacks all these things, our nation knows how to do fashion, dress up, eat at international resturants and dine there but they fail to realize that this is not the cause of their progress.
Yes you are absolutely right that there industries are institutionalised, and i am pretty sure that there institutions guide there governments as well,pls correct me if i am wrong?

Our Government doesnot even know where to spend the money and where not to spend and the surprizing thing is that people in pakistan are sleeping ,they donot even care in which direction the country is going.
Just by making buildings and flyovers a country doesnot make progress, a country makes progress when educational and health facilities are accessible to common people, when the unemployment and poverty ratio is very low.
Do you know that in the West, they have introduced a concept known as "girls school only", they are eliminating co-education from there schools because they have seen the side effects of such things but in our country the opposite things are happening, and i think there is a hadith of Prophet(pbuh) which states that opposite things will happen when the day of judgment will be close.

Regards,
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, May 18, 2007  -  12:16 AM Reply with quote
walaykum assalam Student 1 . nice to see you back-looks like exam is over. how was it
what next
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, May 19, 2007  -  7:00 PM Reply with quote
quote:

are we heading in the right direction?

No doubt, this site NOT!!!
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, May 23, 2007  -  9:00 PM Reply with quote
quote:

walaykum assalam Student 1 . nice to see you back-looks like exam is over. how was it
what next

Thank you madam hkhan, well my exams werent as good as i expected and i have never met the expectations of my teachers. I have got admission into a Canadian University and I am doing BSc Computing and Information degree program from there through internet(e-learning) and also i have applied for jobs in some companies, make dua for me.

I hope you didnot mind what i have mentioned in my post, what hurts me is that we are not education concious.

I hope you remember the TV program "George ka Pakistan" a person named "Goerge" from UK came to Pakistan and enjoyed his life here but do you know what was his comments about pakistan?

he said that:
"he visited the streets of Karachi and he was surprized to see so many jewellery shops here but he was not able to find even a single book shop"
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, May 23, 2007  -  9:05 PM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum,

General Pervaiz Mushi says that he has raised the reputation of Pakistan and now Pakistan is not considered as a lower nation.
May somebody go and ask this person that how the reputation of this nation has raised?
Just ask him to read the words of this common uk citizen "Goerge" about Pakistan.

Regards,
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, May 24, 2007  -  2:12 AM Reply with quote
A very nice and valuable output given to the input of the concerning experts!
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, May 26, 2007  -  7:32 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

The best part of west is their attitude about themselves.They themselves keep a reason-basaed-check on all their activities.They have institutions who tell them what is going wrong in the name of development.plz read THIS REPORT and see if any institution in your country have to say similar to this.
We copy from west .Its good to copy and learn unless its harmful.
dont you wonder why cant we copy hollywood making sci fictions,documentaries?cant we ,we cant.Do we have upto the mark sound technicians,cameramen,and concerned talents ,compulsary to make a standard piece of artwork?
Its always easy to show the body as the models mentioned in your post do but its hard to show the contours of their cerebrum.

Brother ,

I had other important question, is there any public liberary and bookstores in Dubai, Sharjah or Ajman?

If there are can you pls give there websites?

Regards,
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, May 26, 2007  -  9:44 AM Reply with quote
there are only few.Almost invisible numbers of bookshops.If you want one you have to search.

brief idea:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAE_Public_Library_and_Cultural_Center

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=theuae&xfile=data/theuae/2005/august/theuae_august764.xml

you may get some online contents:
http://ssgdoc.bibliothek.uni-halle.de/vlib/ssgfi/infodata/001278.html
abdool101

NIGERIA
Posted - Friday, September 18, 2009  -  7:30 PM Reply with quote
hello brother, please, i had u talked abt canada university where u are studing through e-learning..

plz what is the name of the school and there website cos am interested in d study too..

plz kindly send this information to my email address: discuswithmayor@yahoo.com

plz how much is there school fee and how do u make the payment..

Thanks

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker