Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Saturday, May 26, 2007  -  12:04 PM Reply with quote
"I couldn't be a Muslim! I was American and white!

The, one day, there was a knock on my door. I opened the door and saw a man in a long white night gown with a red and white checkered table cloth on his head. He was accompanied by three men in pajamas. (It was the first time I had ever seen their cultural dress.) Well, I was more than a little offended by men showing up at my door in night clothes. What kind of a woman did they think I was? Had they no pride or dignity? Imagine my shock when the one wearing the table cloth said he understood I wanted to be a Muslim! I quickly informed him I did not want to be a Muslim. I was Christian. However, I did have a few questions. If he had the time....

http://www.usislam.org/converts/aminah.htm
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 12, 2007  -  8:52 PM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum,

According to some of the Western thinkers and writers, the title of "Sir" was given to Salman Rushdie not because he wrote another book against Islam and Prophet(pbuh) but because of his contribution to the English Literature.

Do you really think that Salman Rushdie intentionally wrote against Islam and Prophet(pbuh)?

What do you think about it? Pls give your views and comments?
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 12, 2007  -  8:56 PM Reply with quote

I am sorry for starting a new topic in this thread, can the moderators pls post this new topic on a new thread for me?

Religion and nationality are 2 different things, religion has something to do with your beliefs and your nationality has something to do with your origin and geographical areas where you were born or live.

Saying that "I am not a muslim, I am white and American" is irrational since if an Arab can be a christian and jew, in the similar way an American or white can be a muslim.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, July 14, 2007  -  2:51 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.., the title of "Sir" was given to Salman Rushdie ...intentionally wrote against Islam and Prophet(pbuh)?

Here you are:
http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=2531&lang=&forumid=1

Edited by: raushan on Saturday, July 14, 2007 2:52 PM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, July 14, 2007  -  2:55 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Saying that "I am not a muslim, I am white and American" is irrational .

who said this and when?
wassalam
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, March 16, 2008  -  10:25 AM Reply with quote
salaams
I read the whole thing through in one sitting. I don't think I even changed position.

Right from the start it grabbed me. The very beginning-- called Al-Fatiha-- is a prayer. I immediately liked it as a prayer. It was, in essence, what I already prayed: You are God the Creator. Guide me, make me into one of those You love. I certainly couldn't argue with those sentiments! <laughing>

Then, in the beginning of the second chapter, it gave the description of who this book was addressed to: people who believe in God, establish prayer, give in charity, believe messengers were sent to us, and that we will return to God-- well, that was me-- and that this book was not to be doubted-- that it was truly and sincerely from God to these people-- like me-- precisely to guide them-- which was what I had wanted for years.

So right off, it was speaking directly to me as an individual.

Right off, it wasn't just some ancient 1400 year old text.

It really grabbed me and did not, would not, let go.

As I read a thought began to form and then started going through my head over and over and over: "Oh my God! This is from God!" It was like being slammed in the head with a brick or a hard plank of wood. I was stunned. It was real. Not the "inspired writing" of the Bible. It was direct revelation--- it really was the Word of God. Literally. Oh my God! This really IS from God! ...

http://www.city-net.com/~alimhaq/text/conversion.htm

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker