Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
uhmelas

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, June 17, 2007  -  12:52 PM Reply with quote
Say: Love my close relatives- Al-Quran

[42: 23] That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but LOVE FOR MY NEAR RELATIVES; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 18, 2007  -  10:59 AM Reply with quote
From Tafheem-ul-Quran (By Maudoodi Sahib)

(42:23) Contrary to this, those who have believed and done righteous deeds, shall be in the Gardens of Paradise: they shall have with their Lord whatever they will desire. This is the greatest bounty. This is that of which Allah gives good news to His servants, who believed and did good works. O Prophet, say to them: "I do not ask of you any reward for this work; *40 however, I do seek the love of the kindred. " *41 Whoever earns a good deed, We shall increase its good for him. Indeed, Allah is All-Forgiving and Appreciative. *42

*40 "This work": Every effort that the Holy prophet was making to save the people from Allah's punishment and to enable them to become worthy of the promise of Paradise.

*41 The word qurba in the original has been interpreted differently by the different commentators. One section of them takes it in the meaning of kinship and has given this meaning to the verse "I do not ask of you any reward for this service, but I do desire that you (O people of Quraish) should show some regard tar the kinship that there is between me and you. You should have accepted my invitation. but if you do not accept it, you should not be so hard-hearted as to Become my bitterest enemies in the entire land of Arabia. " This is the interpretation given by Hadrat 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas, which has been cited by lmam Ahmad, Bukhari. Muslim. Tirmidhi, Ibn Jarir, Tabarani, Baihaqi. Ibn Said and others on the authority of many reporters and the same commentary has been given by Mujahid. 'Ikrimah, Qatadah, Suddi, Abu Malik, 'Abdur Rehman bin Zaid bin Aslam, Dahhak. 'Ata bin Dinar and the other major commentators.
The other section takes qurba in the meaning of nearness and interprets the verse to mean: "I do not seek from you any other reward than this that you should develop in yourselves a desire for attaining nearness to Allah. That is; you should be reformed. That is my only reward. " This commentary has been reported from Hasan Basri and a saying of Qatadah also has been cited in support of this: so much so that in a tradition by Tabarani this saying has also been attributed to Ibn 'Abbas. In the Qur'an itself, at another place, this same subject has been treated, thus: "Tell them: I do not seek of you any reward for this work: I only ask of the one who will. to adopt the way of his Lord.' (AI-Furqan: 57).

The third goup takes qurba in the meaning of the kindred, and interprets the verse to mean this: "I do not seek from you any other reward than this that you should love my near and dear ones." Then, some of the commentators of this group interpret 'the kindred" to mean alt the children of 'Abdul Muttalib, and some others restrict it to Hadrat 'AIi and Fatimah and their children. This commentary has been reported from Said bin Jubair and 'Amr bin Shu'aib, and in some traditions it has been attributed to Ibn 'Abbas and Hadrat 'AIi bin Husain (Zam al-'Abedin), but this interpretation cannot be accepted for several reasons. Firstly. when Surah Ash-Shura was sent down at Makkah, Hadrat 'AIi and Fatimah had not yet been married and, therefore, there could be no question of their children. As for the children of 'Abdul Muttalib, they were not all following the Holy Prophet but some of them had openly joined with his enemies, and the enmity of Abu Lahab is too well known. Second, "the kindred" of the Holy Prophet we re not only the children of 'Abdul Muttalib but he had his kindred among aII the families of the Quraish through his mother and his father and his wife. Hadrat Khadijah. In aII these clans he had his best supporters as well as his staunch enemies 'Third, and this is the most important paint, in view of the high position of a Prophet from which he starts his mission of inviting the people towards Allah, it does not seem fitting that he would ask the people to love his kindred in return for his services in connection with his great Mission. No person of fine taste could imagine that AIlah would have taught His Prophet such a mean thing, and the Prophet would havc uttered the same before the Quraish. In the stones that havc been narrated of the Prophets in the Qur'an, we find that a Prophet after a Prophet stands up before his people sad says: "I do not ask of you any reward: my reward is with Allah, Lord of the worlds." (Yunus: 72; Hud: 29, 51; Ash-Shu'ara': 109, 127, 145, 164, l80). In Surah Ya Sin the criterion given of a Prophet's truthfulness is that he gives his invitation without any selfish motive. (v. 21). In the Qur'an the Holy Prophet himself has been made to say again and again words to the effect: "I demand no reward from you for this message. " (AIAn'am: 90, Yusuf: 104, Al-Mu'minun: 72, Al-Furqan: 57, Saba: 47, Suad: 86, At-Tur; 40, AI Qalam: 46). After this, what could be the occasion for the Holy Prophet to tell the people that in return for his service of inviting them to Allah, they should lout his relatives. Then it seems all the more irrelevant when we ste that the addressees here are the disbelievers and not the believers. The whole discourse, from the beginning w the end, is directed to them. Therefore, there could be no question in this regard of asking the opponents for any reward, for a reward is asked of those who show some appreciation for the services that a person has rendered for them. The disbelievers were not at all appreciative of the Holy Prophet's services: on the contrary, they regarded them as a crime and had turned bitterly hostile to him.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, June 19, 2007  -  9:59 AM Reply with quote
quote:

[42: 23] That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but LOVE FOR MY NEAR RELATIVES; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

uhmelas,
who can be the near relatives ?
can we count parents among near relatives?
wassalam
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, June 21, 2007  -  12:58 AM Reply with quote
Reminder:
plz keep posts limited to A4 size. if longer, split it
thx
uhmelas

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 26, 2007  -  2:29 PM Reply with quote
[3.60] (This is) the truth from your Lord, so be not of the disputers.

[3.61] But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call OUR SONS and your sons and OUR WOMEN and your women and OURSELVES and yourselves, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars.

[3.62] Most surely this is the true explanation,
and there is no god but Allah; and most surely Allah-- He is the Mighty, the Wise.

[3.63] But if they turn back, then surely Allah knows the mischief-makers.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, June 26, 2007  -  4:05 PM Reply with quote
quote:

[3.61] But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call OUR SONS and your sons and OUR WOMEN and your women and OURSELVES and yourselves, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars..

Before using this verse ,One need to change the meaning of sons and women through taawil, to prove who could be the near relatives of a person .

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker