1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Thursday, July 19, 2007  -  5:35 AM Reply with quote
quote:

but what can we pakistanis living abroad actually do so change what is happening ,

We can ensure that the type of thinking many of us have, begins to change. What has happened has happened, but what is more dangerous is if the killed mullahs are considered martyrs. And their tale made heroic.

That will be a brainwashing our youth can afford to live without.

Nip the evil in the bud, before we witness more such incidents.
imran776

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, July 19, 2007  -  5:03 PM Reply with quote
AOA Brothers and Sisters,

I am not an emotional person, never reacted under the influence of emotions but this incidence has disturbed me a lot and forced me to think rationally again about the causes of this whole issue so that we may be able to avoid them in future.

I don't see this issue from a religious point of view. I will explain it as following:
How a doctor behaves with his patients is not a medical problem. How a teacher treats his students is not just the problem with the education ministry/industry or institue and so on. Its basically the reflectionof the collective behavior of the whole society.
We as a society are domiated by dictionary attitudes. Right from top (president) to the least powered person in the society is either dictating or being dictated by others in his actions, in his thoughts in his everything. Freedom is the word that is only found in dictionary in Pakistan.
Now when we aren't successful in our dictation then it leads to frustration.
This is the baseline where we all stand as a nation. With religious people this attitude becomes even worse with the sense of superiority.
Being Muslim, only, by birth , being in the darkest and lowest levels of social/moral values, being only at the receiving end of all the technogly coupled with dictionary attitude and sense of superiority is what are the main ingredients of our society. Rationality is the word we are unaware of. Thats why we don't stand any place in the world. Why should we? Again this is worst with religious people (I am talking of majority not all). As they are superior so just follow and thats it.
Who lost this (Lal Masjid)game, who is the beneficiary, whose fault was that are the kind of questions being asked by everyone in an effort to find the answers but has anyone tried to look at the root cause of all whats happening in Pakistan?

We only end up curing the fever but the infection causing it always remains there and if I am true then we will keep getting that fever again and again.

Now i guess is a desperate need for everone to place himself in his court in front of himself. What he is, what he shouts slogans for and what he does. If he is a learned person and elite class of socirty, is he not intellectual dishonest? If he is a religious scholar, is he following/preaching Islam the way Islam has prescribed? If he is a government offical, if he at least following the basic moral and humanitarian values?
And lastly for all of us, are we a free society with the freedom to think and act?

W/salaams
Imran
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 21, 2007  -  8:06 AM Reply with quote
thx I;for the very elaborate post
sibtil

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, July 24, 2007  -  4:09 PM Reply with quote
Regardless of the understanding of Islamic knowledge, anyone who intends to be fighting for the sake of Allah (swt) and dies, he is the Martyr.

Allah (swt) gives importance only to what is present in our hearts regardless of our understanding of Islam.

Keep in the mind the fact, Regardless of the understanding of Islamic knowledge, anyone who intends to be fighting for the sake of Allah (swt)

The commitment of dying is not an easy job. So anyone who dies, his intentions for the sake of Allah (swt) are not easy to rule out.

May be, they have some mental disease.

And if they have some mental disease (which is also not east to rule out), then they have no sins near Allah (swt) because such people are even exempted from offering prayers, Fastings, Zakat and Hajj etc.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, July 24, 2007  -  5:07 PM Reply with quote
what you are saying is Allah will justify ignorance as an excuse for crimes against humanity.
sibtil

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, July 24, 2007  -  6:36 PM Reply with quote
Be Plz,neaural then try to understand the post having the reapeated words for better undersang of those who might pass on to their status in quo ignorance.
sibtil

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, July 24, 2007  -  6:37 PM Reply with quote
Be Plz,neaural then try to understand the post having the reapeated words for better undersang of those who might pass on to their status in quo ignorance.
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, July 26, 2007  -  4:04 PM Reply with quote
Maolana Abdul Rasheed Ghazi Shaheed

A Brief background of Lal Masjid and Jamia Hafsa and a remarkable change in the life style of Late Maulana Abdul Rashid Ghazi Shaheed.

Late Maulana Mohammad Abdullah Ghazi (Father of Maulana Abdul Aziz Ghazi and Maulana Abdul Rashid Ghazi) was a favorite and famous personality among the masses all over Pakistan as well as Islamic World. He endowed with great qualities of oratory and his Friday sermons used to attract thousands of the faithful at Lal Masjid.

In 1965 Maulana Mohammad Abdullah Ghazi laid the foundation of Lal Masjid, in 1970s Jamia Fareedia (Male Madarsa) and in 1992, the Jamia Hafsa (Female Madarsa).

In 1998, Maulana Abdullah was assassinated in the compound of the Lal Masjid, causing a severe backlash. At this juncture his eldest son, Maulana Abdul Aziz, prevailed upon his followers to exercise restraint and thus avoided a sectarian clash in the city.

Maulana Abdullah belonged to Rajanpur district of the Punjab and left behind two sons and two daughters. His eldest son Maulana Abdul Aziz Ghazi was considered to be a soft-spoken person who had devoted his whole life to the teachings of Islam at the Madrassa Jamia Fareedia.

His second son, Maulana Abdul Rashid Ghazi, was a liberal person who always differed with his father’s conservative style. Despite Maulana Abdullah’s best efforts to indoctrinate Maulana Rashid along religious lines the younger son refused to accept his father’s commands.

Abdul Rashid Ghazi refused to enroll himself in Jamia Fareedia and did his graduation and masters from the Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad.

He used to wear Western dress and was against the concept of women wearing a veil. He was married in a well-off family of Murree and his wife was an educated woman who used to drive a car. Moreover, he refused to be called Maulana and developed serious differences with his father and brother over this issue.

The violent death of his father Maulana Abdullah brought a revolution in the life of Maulana Abdul Rashid Ghazi and left indelible imprints on his personality. All of a sudden the Westernised Rashid became a hardline cleric vowing to impose a strict interpretation of Sharia on the lines of the Taliban.

Rashid Ghazi was employed in the Ministry of Education as a Grade-17 officer and was later deputed to UNICEF. After the death of his father he quit his government job and began to take interest in the affairs of the mosque and Jamia Fareedia.

He did his masters from the Quaid-i-Azam University. And he was a liberal minded like those of modern westernized Muslims. What made him change his all the life style?

Edited by: Dalmir on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:09 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker