AuthorTopic
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, July 31, 2007  -  1:48 AM Reply with quote
Change youself first, then ask others!
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, August 1, 2007  -  10:59 AM Reply with quote
In my humble opinion, what I have in my control and what is my responsibility to purify myself. Qur'an says successful is he that cleanses himself. This is the path to paradise. I am worried about my actions, sins,as I am acocuntable for them, I am not responsible for others.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, August 1, 2007  -  1:19 PM Reply with quote
It is better to be keep quite if you really believe in yours words above.No one is others here, if you wish to advised do it for both.If you will advided one person only without knowing who is more guilty than it won't create any harmony rather more haterate.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, August 2, 2007  -  10:35 AM Reply with quote
brother Usmani, would you clarify your point , it remains unclear, I understand you would like me to keep quiet, but I did not understand the reason behind it
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, August 2, 2007  -  12:36 PM Reply with quote
There is dispute among two people and as it is apper you are advising one person only.If you wish to advised, advised to both don't fear to advised moderator.If you can not do it then it will be more better that you keep quite and don't give any advised to any one.
shahidas

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, August 2, 2007  -  5:02 PM Reply with quote
in my humble opinion the site runs by the voluntary cooperation of moderators. These moderators are giving their valuable time to maintain this site. Without them we will not have this chance to share our opinions. so they deserve their respect and we must adhere to their code of conduct or we loose our forums if every one starts behaving irrationally. Arguments can be kept very modest not to drive us apart but keep together to share and enhance our knowledge.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, August 3, 2007  -  7:14 AM Reply with quote
I have not seen moderators do anything that I need to tell them about bro Usmani. do you have an issue with moderators?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, August 3, 2007  -  2:07 PM Reply with quote
I also have appreciate and reconize the modrerators and the the other people involve in running this site.But this can not be an excuse for you and me to favor them if they have an issue with another friend.If any one has dispute with them so we keep siding them and our advises will remain for the other friend only.He or she may have not done any mistake.

To me this is not the correct approch to slove the problem.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 4, 2007  -  5:59 AM Reply with quote
The issue of siding only arises when we have a case against moderators and we ignore it. I personally do not have an issue with moderators thus I am not deliberately siding with them
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 4, 2007  -  3:25 PM Reply with quote
I will request here brother Dalmir please be patience and try to follow the rules of the forum.I also like to request the Moderator not to cancel the registration of our friend once again as you people have already set many examples of tolrence and patience with so many other participants before.

Jazak Allah Khairen
drhennataimoor

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 11, 2007  -  10:59 PM Reply with quote
He continued to broadcast his understanding of the most controversial aspects of sharia: women are not required to cover their heads in public; they are allowed to lead prayer; there is no obligation on Muslims for jihad.

what is this ????? is this scholar of islam trying to say , this is new and seems out of all what i have read and understood till now . most respectfully i diasagree with all three issues qouted above if they are stated by this scholar as per my understanding of this article
Mujahid

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, August 13, 2007  -  1:45 AM Reply with quote
Dr Henna,most humbly i would say that some of your views expressed above on Ghamidhi sb's interpretation of shariah are not correct.

He believes in Jihad once all those conditions are fulfilled which Allah and Allah's rasul have made obligatory for the muslims.Should it not be that way?

He does'nt believe and encourage in women leading mixed prayers but does'nt consider to be haram purely because Quran does'nt consider it haram.would you call it haram?

He encourages women to cover their heads as part of a strong muslim tradition but since Quran does'nt make it mandatory for muslim women to cover their heads so does'nt he.Would you make any directive mandatory which Quran has'nt?

Dr Henna, you write;

"this is new and seems out of all what i have read and understood till now"

Something new to anyone does'nt mean that it is wrong.Prophet pbuh once said that 'The treasures of Quran will never end till the end of time.

Another hadith from ‘Abu daud’narrated by Abu Huraira;
"God will raise Mujaddid from among this ummah at the end of every century which will revive his deen".

Please keep yout mind open.you never know that there may be things which you may not have understood correctly.If some sahabas,fuqahas and other scholars can change their opinions upon receiving correct information why cannot you?
drhennataimoor

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 18, 2007  -  3:57 PM Reply with quote
Assalamoalikum

sholars are just great minds who think an reason , a sign that thay are intellectually alive . But the greatest mind and thought is yet of our creator Allah subhanahu wa taalah .He blesses people with understanding of His deen ,that is surely His greatest gift to us . without which we would have been lost souls , lost and destroyed and forgotten souls.

Most respectfully brother mujahid , what I understand is that basic things for human beings to follow are the same in all times ,that is why Quraan is for all humanity and all times as we all agree.
Firstly on the issue of hijab I disagree with ghamidis stance . I being a woman , from not observing the hijab and then to observing it with understanding alhamdulilah know what protection it has provided me with
.i being a doctor have had to work in remote areas of lyari hospital in pakistan and then even in posh hospitals like the Aga khan hospital , and men; be it doctors or patients ;apart from some who lower their gaze : irrespective of their education and intellectual level , have a habit of staring at women , if not so observing them closely .this forum has people who talk of listening to your inner voice , and my inner voice tells me that covering my self protects only me .and women who cover their hair and even their faces show that they are conscious about preserving their chastity

.yes I know chaste women who continue to be chaste whether or not they cover, but I have observed them to be easy targets of harassment and molestation even when one is working in the noble profession of medicine.

He encourages women to cover their heads as part of a strong muslim tradition but since Quran does'nt make it mandatory for muslim women to cover their heads so does'nt he.Would you make any directive mandatory which Quran has'nt

Quraan uses the word khimaar, draw your khimaar over your bosoms , khimaar was a piece of cloth used to cover the hair and thrown back by the ladies of that times , and Quraan tells us to put it over the bosoms .

now as you observe the abrahamic religions , all three from the same source , the christian nuns and the practising jew women cover thier hair .
it seems to me that it point to what our creator wants us to do

may Allah guide me and forgive me if anything i have written is incorrect

salaam
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, August 19, 2007  -  1:36 PM Reply with quote
Salam sister

have you read the module of studying Islam on Hijaab and there explanantion about it. If so would you like to explain where you differ from it.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, August 20, 2007  -  2:17 PM Reply with quote
thanks for everyonez on-going contribution.
we also encourage and request our new members to try and read our courses offered in order to grasp the studies offered on this site.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker