Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Monday, October 22, 2007  -  5:00 PM Reply with quote
Allah made me funny!

Its nice to see such as the following invitation that muslims making good use of sense of humour within the limits of modesty. We do need clean humour.We need to promote such and allow more.

Thank you
Tahira

please find attached the brochure for the comedy show which is taking place in Reading. I do have hard copies if anyone would some to hand out otherwise please email this to any of your contacts. I've got a little bit more info from an email I sent out to others:

Just wanted you to let you know about an existing event which is coming up in Reading (well I think so). It's the comedy show called Allah Made Me Funny (do a search on youtube to see a clip). A few people from Reading went last year and it was funny. It is taking place 11th Nov, 7.30pm at the concert hall. You can't quite book online yet, but keep it in mind. When i've got other info, I'll email it to you. There are website links which might be useful below:

www.readingarts.com (Enter Allah Made Me Funny in the search box, near top right)
http://www.allahmademefunny.com/
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Allah+made+me+funny
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 11, 2007  -  5:14 AM Reply with quote
http://www.readingarts.com/concerthall/whatson/event.asp?id=SX13F6-A7815420

Concert Hall
Allah Made Me Funny

Sun 11 Nov 2007 7.30pm

'Allah Made Me Funny..Salaam 2 you all. I respect you immensely.' Our Brother, David Chappelle

'Preach is not just a comedian for the Muslim community, but a teacher for the world.' George Lopez, The George Lopez Show, ABC
' How often does it happen you can have a comedy performance where the audience comes out feeling like better people?' Darrell Hammond, Saturday Night Live, NBC
With:
Preacher Moss: With a unique style of comedy both as a stand up and a comedy writer for amongst others Damon Wayans and Saturday Night Live, Preacher Moss is a new type of comedian for these changing times.
Mohammed Amer: With his youthful looks and fresh perspective Mohammed Amer brings his sharp witted comedy to a wide range of communities.
Azhar Usman: Performing his stand up routine that appeals to all-young or old, serious or laid back across USA and UK has led to Azhar being featured on radio and tv many times.
Tickets: £12.50, £10
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 12, 2007  -  2:33 PM Reply with quote
it was worth last nite. some grand jokes. my jaws literally started aching with laugh.astaghfirullah!(why we muslims feel guilty if we laugh??) the 4 brothers presenting were sooo funny!!
azhar usman from india with a long beard and long hair said 'perhaps most of you hvnt seen a muslim like me even smiling,let alone making others laugh' i must say he cracked the best jokes.
some were:

we muslims in the west hv to spend a lot of time to explain ourselves. when we need an eid holiday for e.g.

'i need my most imp holiday you see-eid holiday. i have to have it-this is the most imp time for a muslim'

employer: ok no problem-when is it?

'i have no idea!! mon, tues or cud be wed. but in some mosques thurs and perhaps this year it could be fri as well. so basically i need a whole week holiday...'

'pakistan- zind a bad' nowadays.
has turned into
'pakistan- things r bad'

why sub continent muslims are known to be running behind time?
its not our fault. the problem is that in urdu we have the same word for yesterday and tomorrow(kal) and same word for day before yesterday and day after tomorrow(parsoun) so actually the whole week is very busy for us and we hardly have time...

(these are only few. u ust buy their cd online from allahmademefunny.com)
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, November 13, 2007  -  1:08 AM Reply with quote
but none of the smiles stay for long; as we keep hearing about the problems and sad situation

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker