<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Shilba

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, December 16, 2007  -  7:50 AM Reply with quote
Do HIV & AIDS etc spread only by sexual relationships?
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, December 16, 2007  -  8:53 PM Reply with quote
No.

HIV can be spread through various means of transmission: (1) sexual contact (2) blood to blood contact, such as sharing needles or any other way blood is shared, and (3) from mother, who is living with HIV, to her child at, before, or after birthing.

Do let me know if you have any questions.
oosnam

INDIA
Posted - Monday, December 17, 2007  -  11:01 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Do HIV & AIDS etc spread only by sexual relationships?

http://www.youandaids.org/About%20HIVAIDS/Transmission/index.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, December 30, 2007  -  5:13 PM Reply with quote
By the way, viral hepatitis and AIDS both are viral diseases. But the hepatitis is more contagious than AIDS because one milliliter of blood of the patient of the hepatitis contains 100,000,000 while that of AIDS contains only 50 viral particles.

However, regardless of the chance of their spread both are the dangerous diseases if unfortunately occur.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, April 22, 2008  -  10:21 AM Reply with quote
recently an issue was risen in a local school. i think parents must try and remain involved with school affairs wherever possible in order to remain aware and helpful.

"This event Faith Anchor is specifically designed to address the problem of drug dependence and growing depression amongst our younger lot, so please advertise it in the 6th form common room.

The second request I want to make is that I have received complaints from a couple of students that boys and girls have been sitting and intimating wth mouth contact in the school Common Room. I understand the importance of freedom to the young lot but freedom with limits is vital specially while working in a Sexual Health clinic and seeing a large number of regretting teenagers who attend with Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea and othe Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) which can even spread by mouth contact. Mouth protection in the form of mouth condoms called 'Dams' is highly recommended to avoid such spread. Being responsible for Health & Safety issues as a parent governor I am happy to come and give a talk to the children about this risk and the importance of Dams and how they can access them.

If the school is happy to allow children to have such contact , I request to arrange another room for such activities because children from all cultural and religious backgrounds use the common room and not all feel comfortable to sit there in the presence of such.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes and regards
Parent"
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 27, 2008  -  12:28 PM Reply with quote
The topic of STI is v.imp and a cause of many problems and interlinked troubles people, specially youth is facing wold wide, mostly due to ignorance;and it may not come as a surprise to discover this as a root cause when investigation teenage murders and violence.

we are therefore initiating this discussion under the relevant title "Sexually Transmitted Infections(STI) and Reasons" and invite the participants to send relevant info and updates.
HandS

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 1, 2008  -  10:56 AM Reply with quote
International AIDS Day
1st Dec

One quarter of the women in Sub-Saharan Africa are HIV positive by age 22. This shows the oppression of women like everywhere else in the world. Men do not tend to use condoms there and women have no right to ask them to use it.

Circumcision has been proved remarkably successful in preventing HIV transfer as Langerhen's cells in the foreskin is where the HIV virus resides the most. 50 to 60% reduction has been proved. However the application is not clear yet as men may take this as an advantage to take more risks.

Hence everything comes to education.People need to have other reasons for restraint than just the disease.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker