Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
oosnam

INDIA
Topic initiated on Saturday, December 1, 2007  -  10:25 AM Reply with quote
Multiple Hajj?

salam to all,

Some people perform multiple Hajj while once in our life is obligatory. Besides one hajj, "Isn't better to spend the money of extra Hajj on some social work to help the poor humanity?"
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, December 6, 2007  -  10:05 AM Reply with quote
w SAlaam

Well, Multiple Hajj is Allowed in Islam & one Cannot LEAVE it on the BASIS of what You've said. Nevertheless, One SHOULD keep this point (of social Work etc. especially REGARDING one's CLOSE curcuit) in mind while planning for 2nd, 3rd ... Hajj.
oosnam

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, December 6, 2007  -  4:41 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Multiple Hajj is Allowed in Islam & one Cannot LEAVE it on the BASIS of what You've said.

I havn't said that Multiple Hajj is not Allowed in Islam. I just asked which one option is more rewarding?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, December 23, 2007  -  12:47 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Multiple Hajj is Allowed in Islam & one Cannot LEAVE it on the BASIS of what You've said.

I havn't said that Multiple Hajj is not Allowed in Islam. I just asked which one option is more rewarding?

I met some people who re-visited for Hajj with the intention of performing Hajj for their dead or ailing relatives.
Badal Hajj is no doubt a rewarding 'amal.
My personal opinion in this regard is that people going for Hajj more than once should refrain from applying through the Hajj Committee as the subsidy provided by them is for those performing their obligatory Hajj; thogh this year the Indian hajj committee has allowed several repeaters to avail of their subsidy.
kuki7

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 24, 2007  -  8:14 AM Reply with quote
i will prefer to send one the persons who want to proclaim hajj but has no resources for that.inthis way i will get double reward
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, December 25, 2007  -  3:40 AM Reply with quote
quote:

i will prefer to send one the persons who want to proclaim hajj but has no resources for that...........
But Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala says Hajj is prescribed only for those who can afford the journey.

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)

3:97 full of clear messages. [It is] the place whereon Abraham once stood; and whoever enters it finds inner peace. Hence, pilgrimage unto the Temple is a duty owed to God by all people who are able to undertake it. And as for those who deny the truth - verily, God does not stand in need of anything in all the worlds.

فِيهِ آيَاتٌ بَيِّـنَاتٌ مَّقَامُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَمَن دَخَلَهُ كَانَ آمِنًا وَلِلّهِ عَلَى النَّاسِ حِجُّ الْبَيْتِ مَنِ اسْتَطَاعَ إِلَيْهِ سَبِيلاً وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ الله غَنِيٌّ عَنِ الْعَالَمِينَ (3:97)

quote:

.........inthis way i will get double reward
Who has promised you this double reward?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, December 25, 2007  -  4:19 AM Reply with quote
continued.......

1279. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: A woman came to the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and said, "Allah's obligation upon His slaves has become obligatory on my father in his old age. My father is very old and incapable of riding. May I perform Hajj on his behalf?'' He (PBUH) said, "Yes.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: "Hajj has become obligatory in old age'' means that when Allah has made Hajj obligatory, at that time, her father had attained old age, or he came to possess the means in his old age which made him liable for Hajj, but he is not capable of undertaking the journey because of his poor health. In such cases, the Prophet (PBUH) has granted them permission for Hajj by representation. But we learn from other Ahadith that Hajj by representation can only be done through such a person who has already performed Hajj. Similarly, if a person of means dies without performing Hajj, it is essential that Hajj is performed on his behalf; otherwise, he will be answerable for this omission. This formula does not apply to parents who have died in poverty because they were not liable for it. If someone does it for the sake of reward, he will be hopefully granted the reward of voluntary Hajj.

1280. Laqit bin `Amir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said: "My father is a very old man and does not have strength to perform Hajj (pilgrimage) or `Umrah or to undertake the journey.'' The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Perform Hajj and `Umrah on behalf of your father.''
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi] .

Commentary: This Hadith also stresses permission of Hajj through representative where a person is not capable of doing it. But it is essential that the representative agent must have already performed Hajj.
kuki7

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 31, 2007  -  11:52 AM Reply with quote
Dear friend Aboosait,
Hajj is an obligatory duty which is performed once in a lifetime , that is to say that performing one hajj in lifetime fulfill this duty.. After one Hajj Muslim,with the grace of ALLah, hope to get " Nafli-Hajj's reward'
If a poor Muslim has a dream to see Mecca and to perform Hajj but has no recourses for fulfillment of his dream,though he has no obligation upon himself of performing Hajj ( due to his poverty) but his keen desire to do so is so noble and aught to be addressed.Suppose I give him enough money which can fulfill his dream and make him capable of performing Hajj . If that poor fellow goes to Mecca and perform Hajj then I will get a share in his
" Farz-Hajj Reward" rather than " Nafli-Hajj Reward" , According to following verse .

4:85 Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein: and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burden: and Allah hath power over all thingsWith the grace of ALLAH, I will also hope to get reward for heping poors and striving in the way of ALLAH with wealth.

with best regards
Syed Abdur Rehman
Nadir

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Friday, August 8, 2008  -  9:25 AM Reply with quote
I would like to prefer paying the needy rather than performing the multiple Hajj.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, August 13, 2008  -  6:57 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Dear friend Aboosait,
Hajj is an obligatory duty........

Not at all obligatory on someone who cannot afford to spend.

quote:

If a poor Muslim has a dream to see Mecca and to perform Hajj but has no recourses ...........

He will insha Allah get his due reward of his good intntions.

If there were to be some provision to send such person (for fulfillment of such a person's dream) by paying for his journey, the Prophet Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam would have told us to do so.

quote:

..... I will get a share in his "Farz-Hajj Reward" ..... According to following verse .......

When it was NOT FARZ on that person?.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, August 17, 2008  -  8:41 AM Reply with quote

There is a hadîth – though its authenticity is disputed – whereby the Prophet (peace be upon him) is reported to have said:

“Indeed a servant whose body is healthy and whose means of livelihood are ample, if he goes five years without going forth for the Hajj, then he has been denied (blessings).”

[Mu`jam al-Tabarânî, Musnad Abî Ya`lâ, Sunan al-Bayhaqî, and Sahîh bn Hibbân]

This hadîth has been declared as weak by a number of scholars.
If the person’s own health and comfort of means are to be taken into consideration, then this means by implication that the rights and needs of others must also be considered. These others include the person’s dependents as well as the person’s fellow pilgrims who, like himself, wish to perform the Hajj.

Thus some scholars are of the opinion that giving charity to the value of the Hajj expenses is better than undertaking a second Hajj in these times and under present circumstances. People are in need of money these days. There are natural disasters, famines, and decades-long wars bringing devastation to many people. These people truly need to be helped.

Ibn Taymiyah writes in al-Fatâwâ al-Kubrâ: “Performing the Hajj in a lawful manner is better than giving charity that is not obligatory. However, if he has needy relatives, it is better to spend on them. The same is true if there are people in desperate need.”
Nadir

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Monday, August 18, 2008  -  2:33 PM Reply with quote
Could you present FULL reference of those hadith?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, August 18, 2008  -  3:57 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Could you present FULL reference of those hadith?

Mu`jam al-Tabarânî,

Musnad Abî Ya`lâ,

Sunan al-Bayhaqî, and

Sahîh bn Hibbân
Nadir

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Tuesday, August 19, 2008  -  11:17 AM Reply with quote
Book, No.....
Volume, No.....
Page, No.....
?????
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, August 19, 2008  -  5:06 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Book, No.....
Volume, No.....
Page, No.....
?????

Sorry I have not maintained any record of the above details in the case of Hadith which have been declared as weak by a number of scholars. I also do not have copies of the books in which that hadith has appeared.

All you can do is get hold of any of the above books and search or ask an Aalim of your masjid.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker