PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 28, 2008  -  4:43 AM Reply with quote
Detail of Many Topics is present here:
http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, July 28, 2008  -  5:57 AM Reply with quote
welcome to studying islam m;

as ib. mentioned, for most of your Q re: basics of Islam p.s. our latest issue (july 8) of
www.monthly-reniassance.com
some topics are covered in our courses. check the list
http://www.studying-islam.org/courselist.aspx

for most of your Q

for some re: christianity you may write directly to our colleague
david@art-beyond-belief.com

& for judaism to
jo@ozzape.com
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, October 27, 2008  -  3:41 PM Reply with quote
quote:

The religion of islam
the meaning of islam

The deen (religion) of Islaam:

It is the way of life that Allaah sent the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam with. By it, Allaah terminated the validity of all other religions, perfected this religion for His worshippers, completed His favour upon them and has chosen only this religion for them - no other religion will be accepted by Him from anyone. Allaah - the Most High - said:

"Muhammad is not the father of any man amongst you. Rather he is the Messenger of Allaah and the khaatim (last and final) of the Prophets." [Soorah al-Ahzaab 33:40].

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion." [Soorah al-Maatidah 5:3].

"Indeed the religion with Allaah is Islaam." [Soorah Aal-'lmraan 3:19].

"Whosoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, never will it be accepted from him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Soorah Aal-'Imraan 3:85].

And Allaah - the Most High - obligated all of mankind to take Islaam as their religion. So Allaah said, whilst addressing His Messenger sallallanhu `alayhi wa sallam:

"Say: O mankind! Indeed I have been sent to you all as the Messenger of Allaah; to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. None has the right to be worshipped except Him; it is He who gives life and causes death. So believe in Allaah and His Messenger - the Prophet who can neither read nor write - who believes in Allaah and His Words. So follow the Messenger of Allaah so that you may be rightly-guided." [Soorah al-A'raaf 7:158].

And in Saheeh Muslim ( 1/93 ), from Abu Hurayrah radiallanhu `anhu that Allaah's Messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "By Him in whose Hand is the life of Muhammad! There is no one from this nation, be he a Jew or a Christian, who hears of me and then dies without believing in the Message that I was sent with, except that he will be one of the Companions of the Hellfire. And eemnan (faith) in the Prophet implies: affirming that which he was sent with, along with acceptance of it and submission to it. Without these two matters, mere affirmation is not sufficient. This is why even though Abu Taalib (the Prophet's uncle) affirmed what was sent to the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam and that Islaam was the best of religions, yet he did not accept his message nor submit to it; and thus he did not have eemaan, in the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam.

[2] The religion of Islaam contains all that was beneficial from the previous religions. It is suitable for implementation in any age, any where and by any nation.

Allaah - the Most High - said, whilst addressing His Messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam:

"And We have sent down to you the Book in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it> testifying to the truth contained therein whilst exposing the falsehood that has been added therein." [Soorah al-Maa'idah 5:48].

That Islaam is suitable for implementation in any age, anywhere and by any nation does not mean that it becomes submissive to nations - being altered and changed by them - as some people falsely think. But rather it means that whenever it is truly adhered to then it brings benefit and goodness to that nation, as well as reforming and correcting it - in whatever age or place.

[3] The religion of Islaam is the religion of truth. It is the way of life that Allaah - the Most High - guaranteed His help and victory for those who truly adhere to it, and that He would make it dominant over all other religions.

Allaah - the Most High - said:

"It is He who has sent His Messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that it may prevail over all other religions, even if the pagans detest it." [Soorah at-Tawbah 9:33].

And Allaah - the Most High - said:

"Allaah has promised to those amongst you who truly have eemaan (true faith and belief) and act in obedience to Allaah and His Messenger, that He will grant them rulership upon the earth, just as He granted it to those before them, and that He will establish their Religion for them and grant them the authority to practice their Religion which He chose and ordered them with. And He will certainly change their situation to one of security, after their fear. Providing that they worship and obey Me, not associating anything else in worship with Me. Then, whoever rejects this favour by disobedience to their Lord - then they are the rebellious transgressors." [Soorah an-Noor 24:55]

[4] The religion of Islaam is a complete religion comprising both `aqeedah (beliefs) and sharee`ah (laws).

In short, Islaam orders all that is good, from manners and morals, and prohibits all that is evil from it.

Likewise, it orders all actions which are righteous and good and prohibits all actions that are evil and harmful.

Allaah - the Most High - said:

"Indeed Allaah enjoins upon you justice, kindness and the giving of good to relatives and near ones. And He prohibits you from all shameful and evil deeds, oppression and transgression. Thus He admonishes you, that you may take heed and be reminded." [Soorah an-Nahl, 16:90]

Edited by: aboosait on Monday, October 27, 2008 3:43 PM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, October 27, 2008  -  3:57 PM Reply with quote
quote:

who is allah in islam?

WHO IS ALLAAH?

Allaah is the proper name applied to the true God who exists necessarily by Himself comprising all the excellent Divine names and attributes of perfection. Allaah is One and Unique. He has no son, no partner, nor equal. He is the sole Creator and Sustainer of the universe. Every creature bears witness to His Oneness, Divinity, and Ruboobiyyah [Ruboobiyyah, inf. of Rubb], and to the uniqueness of His attributes and names.

His essence does not resemble the essences. He does not inhere in anything, nor does anything inhere in Him. "There is none like unto Him." He is the One, the Sole, the Indivisible. He is the Rubb [Some translate the term 'Rubb' into 'Lord', the meaning of 'Rubb' is far more comprehensive than to be restricted to a single word such as 'Lord'. Rubb, means, among other things, the Creator, the Sustainer, the Provider, and the One in whose hands is the disposal of all affairs], who accomplishes all affairs, Allaah is the Omnipotent and the Omniscient.

His knowledge comprehends in perfect manner all things, hidden or manifest. He is greater than can be encompassed by the knowledge of His creatures. He knows everything, and He is aware of all that takes place in the earth and the heavens. Allaah, the Supreme, is the Rubb of everything and has a free hand in disposal of all affairs. His mercy encompasses everything. He is far removed from injustice or tyranny. He is wise in all His actions, just in all His decrees. His justice ensures order in the universe in which nothing is out of order.

There is no one to share His dominion, nor does He take an aide or supporter from His creatures. He is nearer to man than man's own jugular vein [TNQ 50:16].

Whenever a believer is in need or distress calls on Him, He responds. Allaah has revealed His final Scripture, the Qur'aan, to that last of His Messengers, Muhammed sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam who was responsible for conveying the Message of Islam to mankind. He is the Exalted Allaah. Glory is due to Him.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, October 27, 2008  -  5:13 PM Reply with quote
quote:

..........who is muhammad?.........

The Messengers are sent to deliver a Message. They are the ones to whom Allah has sent down revelation and who conveys His Law to mankind. Allah ordered them to deliver these Messages. The first Messenger to be sent was Noah and the last one was Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam).

Allah said, what translated means,

"Verily, We have inspired you (O Muhammad) as We inspired Noah and the Prophets after him." [4:163].

Anas ibn Malik (radiyallaahu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam) said, during his Hadeeth about Shafa'ah (the right of intercession on mankind's behalf that Allah grants to His Messenger on the Last Day),

"Mankind come to Adam to intercede on their behalf but he declines, saying: ‘Go to Noah, the First Messenger that Allah sent..." [Saheeh al-Bukharee]

Also, Allah said, what translated means,

"Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah, and the Last (end) of Prophets."[33:40].

Allah sent Messengers to every nation and provided them with Laws that their nations must follow. Some Messengers were sent to revive a Message of a previous Messenger.

And verily, We have sent among every nation a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (alone), and avoid all Taghut (false deities)." [16:36],

"And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them)." [35:24]

and,

"Verily, We did send down the Torah (to Moses), therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allah's will, judged the Jews. [5:44].

The Messengers are only humans and they do not possess any attributes that qualify them to be gods.

Allah described His Messenger, Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), the master of all Messengers and the best of mankind, saying, what translated means,

"Say (O Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam): I possess no power of benefit or harm to myself except as Allah will. If I had the knowledge of the Unseen, I should have secured for myself an abundance of wealth, and no evil should have touched me. I am but a warner, and a bringer of glad tidings unto people who believe." [7:188]

and,

"Say (O Muhammad): "It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right Path." Say: (O Muhammad): "None can protect me from Allah's punishment (if I were to disobey Him), nor should I find refuge except in Him." " [72:21].

The Messengers are only humans. They get sick and they die, they need to eat and drink and they have other human needs. Abraham described his Lord, saying, as was mentioned in the Qur'aan,

"And it is He Who feeds me and gives me to drink And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me; And Who will cause me to die, and then will bring me to life (again)." [26: 79-81].

Also, the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam) said, what translated means, "I am only human, just like you, I forget as you forget, therefore, when I forget, remind me." [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]

Allah described the Messengers, while praising them, that they reached the highest attainable degrees in worshipping Him.

He said about Noah, what translated means,

"Verily, he was a grateful slave.",, [17:3],

and about Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam),

"Blessed be He Who sent down the Criterion (of right and wrong, this Qurâ'aan) to His slave (Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam) that he may be a Warner to the "˜Alamin (Mankind and the Jinn)."[25:1], ,

and about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,

"And remember Our slaves, Abraham Isaac and Jacob, (all) owners of strength (in worshipping Us) and (also) of religious understanding. Verily, We did choose them by granting them the Remembrance of the home (in the Hereafter). And they are in Our Sight, verily, of the Chosen and the Best." [38:45-47], and about Jesus,

"was not more than a slave. We granted Our favor to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel." [43:59].

Belief In The Messengers Has Four Parts

1. To believe that the Messages are truly from Allah. Whoever disbelieves in one Messenger, will have disbelieved in all Messengers.

"The people of Noah belied the Messengers." [26:105].

Allah considered the people of Noah disbelievers in all Messengers, although they only disbelieved in one Messenger. Therefore, the Christians, who disbelieve in Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and do not follow him, are disbelievers in Jesus, the Son of Mary. Jesus gave the glad tidings of the coming of Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) to the Christians. This glad tidings will be of no benefit to the Christians if they do not follow Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) to guidance and the Straight Path.

2. To believe in the Messengers whom we were told about, like Muhammad (sallallaau alaihi wa-sallam), Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Noah (alaihum as-salam). These are the five strongest Messengers.

Allah mentioned them in two verses of the Qurâ'aan,

"And (remember) when We took from the Prophets their Covenant, and form you (O Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)), and from Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus, son of Mary. [33:7] and,

"(Allah) has ordained for you the same Religion (Islam) which He ordained for Noah, and that which We have inspired in you (O Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)), and that which We ordained for Abraham, Moses and Jesus, saying you should establish Religion (by implementing the Commandments) and make no divisions in it. [42:13].

We must also believe in all other Messengers and Prophets whom their names were not mentioned to us,

"And, indeed We have sent Messengers before you (O Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam)), of them some We have related to you their story and some We have not related to you their story." [40:78].

3. To believe in all what the Messengers have conveyed to us.

4. To implement the Laws of the Messenger who was sent to us, Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam), the final Messenger. Allah sent Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam) to all mankind,

"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam)) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission." [4:65].

Benefits Of Believing In The Messengers

1. Knowing how Allah takes care of His slaves by sending them Messengers to guide them to His Path.

The Messengers teach their nations how to worship Allah, because the human mind cannot know how Allah should be worshipped without guidance from Him.

2. Thanking Allah for this great bounty.

3. Dutifully loving, respecting and praising the Messengers of Allah.

They are Allah's Messengers; they worshipped Him, conveyed His Message and gave the best advice to His slaves. Many rebellious people rejected their Messengers, claiming that Allah's Messengers cannot be human. Allah mentioned this claim and refuted it,

"And nothing prevented men from believing when the Guidance came to them, except that they said:

"Has Allah sent a man as (His) Messenger?"

Say:

"If there were on the earth, angels walking about, in peace and security, We should certainly have sent down for them from the heaven an angel as a Messenger." "[17:94- 95].

Allah refuted this claim, saying that the Messengers must be sent from among humans, because they are sent to the people of earth, who are humans. If the inhabitants of earth were angels, then Allah would have sent Messengers from among the angels to them. Allah mentioned what the disbelievers in the Messengers said,

"You are no more than, human beings like us! You wish to turn us away from what our fathers used to worship. Then bring us a clear authority (a clear sign that supports what you say)."

Their Messengers said to them:

"We are no more than human beings like you, but Allah bestows His grace to whom He will of His salves. it is not ours to bring you an authority (proof) except by the permission of Allah." [14:10-11]

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:58 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker